Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Cold Air Inductions
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > Off-topic Discussions

Old 04-10-2013, 04:02 AM   #15
Vaux96

Drives: 45th 2SS LS3, 05 Ram 1500 SLT
You certainly didn't do anything wrong. As far as the officer's additude, it could have been better but it was probably just one of those awkward joke moments. Many people do get tags for the deer they hit and put them in the trunk of their cars.

And there is actually a pic posted here a while back of a guy that shot a deer and had the head hanging out the trunk of his camaro.
Vaux96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 05:02 AM   #16
motorhead

Drives: Stormtrooper
I can't understand why many cops seem to act like this. Many are not very approachable. I don't go out of my way to talk to any that I don't know first hand. I would have called the dispatch as you did and that's it. I wouldn't have said anything to the cops you ran into.
motorhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 05:50 AM   #17
AdamZ
Account Suspended

Drives: Eve - 2011 Camaro 2SS/RS
That's unfortunate. I've always had short response times. We are here for a reason. You could have sat by the deer and waited for someone to hit it. Then tell them to sue the police department/sheriffs office.

Dying animals here...We darn near go lights and sirens LOL. First one there gets to pull the trigger

MURICA
AdamZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 07:13 AM   #18
TSSUNAMI
It was ninety nine cents!

Drives: 2014 Jeep Wrangler
@motorhead: That's exactly what I'll do next time. If I don't know them. I'm not saying a word to them. Dispatch was much faster than I was anyway.

@Adam: LMAO Murica' FTW
Old 04-10-2013, 08:26 AM   #19
upflying

Drives: '86 Monte Carlo SS
BTW, cops use sick or gallows humor amongst themselves to alleviate the stress of the job. Sometimes citizens don't understand the humor and take it the wrong way.
On behalf of all LEO's, I apologize for the comment.
Incidentally, shooting policies in LEO agencies vary on the ability to compassionately kill a sick or injured animal. Again, that's normally the job of Animal Control.
upflying is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 09:11 AM   #20
TSSUNAMI
It was ninety nine cents!

Drives: 2014 Jeep Wrangler
Quote:
Originally Posted by upflying View Post
BTW, cops use sick or gallows humor amongst themselves to alleviate the stress of the job. Sometimes citizens don't understand the humor and take it the wrong way.
On behalf of all LEO's, I apologize for the comment.
Incidentally, shooting policies in LEO agencies vary on the ability to compassionately kill a sick or injured animal. Again, that's normally the job of Animal Control.
No need for apologies. My main intent of this thread was to ensure that I wasn't wasting an officer's time. Common sense told me that I wasn't, the responses here let me know that I definitely did the right thing.

I've always been appreciative of law enforcement and other first responders. I'm not going to let one bad experience change that. Guy was probably having a shitty day, maybe he was a mustang lover!
Old 04-11-2013, 09:34 AM   #21
PIPE
Hating prius's since 1997

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS (JENNA)
You did the right thing no worries.
Old 04-11-2013, 01:35 PM   #22
angie7
Smoked by a GIRL

Drives: 2014 2SS/RS
You absolutely did the right thing. Most LEOs are arrogant, no offense to anyone, my bf is a former LEO and going thru the process again since we moved out of state. Don't let their attitude bother you. Kudos to you