Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com
 
HRE Wheels
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions


Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 04-12-2013, 12:55 PM   #69
Mikes SS

 
Mikes SS's Avatar
 
Drives: '10 CGM 2SS/RS 6M
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: North Central Florida
Posts: 1,026
Because the V6 will look better so they sell more V6's than 8's lol
Mikes SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013, 01:00 PM   #70
90503


 
Drives: 2011 2SS/RS LS3
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Torrance
Posts: 11,433
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiveg56 View Post
Looks nice...but why can't we see the V6?
...Probably no hood vent will be the only difference...
90503 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013, 02:15 PM   #71
Angrybird 12
Retired, Cancer Survivor
 
Angrybird 12's Avatar
 
Drives: 12 CAMARO 1LT, 14 Chevy Spark 1LT
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: East Tennessee
Posts: 20,674
Quote:
Originally Posted by 90503 View Post
...Probably no hood vent will be the only difference...
But wouldn't it be funny if the V6 is not changing at all, keeping the same front and rear look as before so that is why we haven't seen one yet....
I think it has been mentioned the V6 is keeping the current hood.
__________________
Cancer's a bitch! Enjoy life while you can! LIVE, LOVE, DRIVE...CAMARO!

The Bird is the word!
Angrybird 12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013, 02:19 PM   #72
90503


 
Drives: 2011 2SS/RS LS3
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Torrance
Posts: 11,433
Quote:
Originally Posted by Angrybird 12 View Post
But wouldn't it be funny if the V6 is not changing at all, keeping the same front and rear look as before so that is why we haven't seen one yet....
I think it has been mentioned the V6 is keeping the current hood.
You may be right, actually...My understanding is the new grille and lower grille were changed so the air-flow would actually make the hood heat-extractor vent functional....
90503 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013, 03:23 PM   #73
KMPrenger


 
KMPrenger's Avatar
 
Drives: 16 SS Camaro, 06 Colorado
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Jefferson City, Missouri
Posts: 11,800
Quote:
Originally Posted by XxScottxXN View Post
I can remember when owners of muscle cars actually loved the cars they drove!! They didn't whine about not having a change holder. (You're driving a $30k car...give your change to someone who can use it!!) They never said anything about how bad the tail lights look...you're driving one of the coolest cars on the streets...talk it up...not down!!! You don't like something on these cars...maybe you should be driving a PRIUS!!! I've had some nice muscle cars over the years that I've never had a bad word about ANY of them!!! I LOVE GM MUSCLE!!!
I had a friend with an all original 69 DZ302...awesome car and you could take it to 10 grand in first gear all day long...unbelievable car and have always wanted one but the car was just too hard to find at a good price. I'm finally able to afford that car but decided to buy the 5th gen instead because you have all three of the 1st gen cars rolled into one amazing car and the guys that design these cars do everything they can to improve on this car every chance they get. And the tail lights on the 14...look really cool..and remind me of that 69 for some reason.
Everyone needs to say "THANK YOU" to the people on the Camaro team for giving you one of these COOL modern day muscle cars to drive!!!
"THANK YOU CAMARO TEAM"....I enjoy everything about my Camaro. I wish I could afford the new Z/28... but like that old 69 that I always wanted...the new one is just a dream too.
So your saying that if we drive a Camaro we should just be full of blind bias and love everything about it and tell GM they are doing a perfect job...it just can't get any better????

Sorry I disagree.

Look, nobody here is saying that GM doesn't work hard on the Camaro, or that they haven't made improvements over the years, or that they just plain don't listen to us. We love the Camaro, and if we didn't think it was a great car we wouldn't have bought it.

All we are saying is that we don't like the changes, and honestly, if that how most people feel, GM needs to know. The 5th gen has done so well because of its fantastic looks....not because of its performance. I don't care what anyone says...if the Camaro was not attractive it would still be dragging behind the Mustang in sales.
__________________
2016 Camaro 1SS - 8-speed - NPP - Black bowties
2010 Camaro 1LT V6 (Sold. I will miss her!)
KMPrenger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013, 03:26 PM   #74
Angrybird 12
Retired, Cancer Survivor
 
Angrybird 12's Avatar
 
Drives: 12 CAMARO 1LT, 14 Chevy Spark 1LT
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: East Tennessee
Posts: 20,674
Quote:
Originally Posted by 90503 View Post
You may be right, actually...My understanding is the new grille and lower grille were changed so the air-flow would actually make the hood heat-extractor vent functional....
Well if your trying to do an update why not use the opportunity to improve the functionality at the same time
__________________
Cancer's a bitch! Enjoy life while you can! LIVE, LOVE, DRIVE...CAMARO!

The Bird is the word!
Angrybird 12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013, 03:42 PM   #75
intensifi

 
Drives: '12 2LT Convertible
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Belmont, California
Posts: 1,666
Quote:
Originally Posted by KMPrenger View Post
So your saying that if we drive a Camaro we should just be full of blind bias and love everything about it and tell GM they are doing a perfect job...it just can't get any better????

Sorry I disagree.

Look, nobody here is saying that GM doesn't work hard on the Camaro, or that they haven't made improvements over the years, or that they just plain don't listen to us. We love the Camaro, and if we didn't think it was a great car we wouldn't have bought it.

All we are saying is that we don't like the changes, and honestly, if that how most people feel, GM needs to know. The 5th gen has done so well because of its fantastic looks....not because of its performance. I don't care what anyone says...if the Camaro was not attractive it would still be dragging behind the Mustang in sales.
__________________
Mods: GM Locking Gas Cap, RS License Plate Frame

intensifi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013, 04:07 PM   #76
King Sun
Casual Camaro Owner
 
King Sun's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Black LS V6
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Jacksonville Fl
Posts: 1,078
Quote:
Originally Posted by KMPrenger View Post
So your saying that if we drive a Camaro we should just be full of blind bias and love everything about it and tell GM they are doing a perfect job...it just can't get any better????

Sorry I disagree.

Look, nobody here is saying that GM doesn't work hard on the Camaro, or that they haven't made improvements over the years, or that they just plain don't listen to us. We love the Camaro, and if we didn't think it was a great car we wouldn't have bought it.

All we are saying is that we don't like the changes, and honestly, if that how most people feel, GM needs to know. The 5th gen has done so well because of its fantastic looks....not because of its performance. I don't care what anyone says...if the Camaro was not attractive it would still be dragging behind the Mustang in sales.
Just because you work "hard" at something doesn't mean I have to like it
King Sun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013, 04:13 PM   #77
90503


 
Drives: 2011 2SS/RS LS3
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Torrance
Posts: 11,433
Quote:
Originally Posted by Angrybird 12 View Post
Well if your trying to do an update why not use the opportunity to improve the functionality at the same time
I think that's where the big balancing act comes in....What isn't necessarily the most attractive, is getting priority in the name of performance...and that was the theme of the auto show....I'll take it, not complaining...lol..

The 5thGen Camaro had it's day in the sun for styling and public demand...now it's more in the hands of the engineers more so from now on...just my humble opinion...all good...no worries...They know they got a good thing going, and they aren't gonna kill it...A little blip on the screen now and then isn't a deal breaker....
90503 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013, 07:16 PM   #78
quickdrraw
 
quickdrraw's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS Rally Yellow
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: oregon
Posts: 161
I don't like the tail lights either, how ever the LED on the rs will make it a little more appealing. I like the front end better. How ever the hood vent looks cheap and plastic but a great feature.

Last edited by quickdrraw; 04-12-2013 at 07:17 PM. Reason: *grammer nazi
quickdrraw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013, 11:17 PM   #79
ex-SS-ve
 

Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 574
Quote:
Originally Posted by KMPrenger View Post
Sorry GM, but you just can't win em all.

This time around, I think the RS package actually looks worse than the non-RS models. Lets start with the front. Its alright or even good from certain angles. The problem is the extended length of the headlamps which just looks awkward and makes the Camaro with just the halos on look "wide eyed" and goofy. I will give it some credit though, when the front parking lights are on it helps to break that up, but I still think the grille should have been extended and overlapped the lamps.

Moving to the rear. Its even worse than the front. The big black diaper on the bottom, the big square hole for a plate, no indention in the truck giving any definition, and tail lamps with a boring shape. Its just not good. I hope to see something more imaginative here with the 6th gen, which should be a big change, even if it does end up keeping similar styling cues.

Camaro I still love you, but this is one true fan that you haven't impressed.
looking at the front reminds me a person with a lazy eye and trying to figure out which eye is actually staring at you.. looks like a derp! the back end has a little in common with the 2010 + mustang, compare the two and youll see it.
ex-SS-ve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013, 11:25 PM   #80
Bonanza7
Account Suspended
 
Drives: 2010, Rally Yellow, Black stripes
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Phoenix
Posts: 2,363
Quote:
Originally Posted by FINALLYSATISFIED View Post
Recaro seats will be an option, as the LED tail lights will be standard on the ZL1. As long as everything is an option, it gives us consumers a choice which is great! I'm looking forward to GM introducing some sort of Safety Tech option which in my eyes would include the blind spot mirror and front-end collision sensors. You can never be too safe!
Problem is, you won't be able to get the options you want without spending thousands on a whole package upgrade. Thanks, but I will wait for the 50th anniversary Mustang.
Bonanza7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2013, 01:24 AM   #81
beany323

 
beany323's Avatar
 
Drives: Camaro 2SS /RS/1LE
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Southern Cali.
Posts: 1,486
some of the looks i like but no regrets. love my 1le. glad i got it before it changed.
__________________
"The fact the GT500 can barely beat a $37k car with 200 less horsepower speaks volumes. There are about a million mods you can do to a LS3 to make a Camaro do the 1/4 faster then a GT500." (Vroom.)

Updated w/ Willow Springs:
1. Nissan GTR Track Pack 1:19.6 2. Ducati 1198 S 1:19.7 3. Nissan GTR 1:20.3 4. Corvette Z06 1:20.4
5. Audi R8 V10 Plus 1:22.0 6. Ferrari 458 Italia 1:22.3
7. CAMARO SS 1LE 1:22.7
8. Shelby GT 500 1:23.5
9. Mustang Gt Track Pack 1:25.8
beany323 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2013, 08:36 AM   #82
Dupree878
 
Dupree878's Avatar
 
Drives: '13 Dusk Edition 2SS/RS M6
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Tuscaloosa, AL
Posts: 600
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Stig View Post
Really? Could have sworn the 21" wheel package was discontinued and these were 20".
Really, because I could have sworn the 21" wheel packages that were discontinued were the
(SER) 21-Inch 5-Spoke Wheels
(5W5) 21-Inch Aluminum Wheels with Silver Accents

Not the
(N3L) 21" Bright Silver-painted wheels (which is what's on the Dusk, and that car in the video)
__________________

Last edited by Dupree878; 04-13-2013 at 09:06 AM.
Dupree878 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2013, 08:41 AM   #83
Stex

 
Drives: 67 goat, 69 goat ram air III
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: South texas
Posts: 1,035
Function or not, just do not care for a hole in the hood. could live with the rest...
Stex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2013, 02:28 PM   #84
Dr. Krabz
 
Drives: 2011 2SS/RS Victory Red
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Portsmouth, RI
Posts: 149
I think the designers got it right the first time around, if it ain't broke, don't fix it clearly applies here. I understand GM's need to freshen things up so they don't get stale and lose sales, I just think they went about it in the wrong way. I am still very happy with my 2011 SS.
Dr. Krabz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2013, 10:32 PM   #85
Sevn86


 
Sevn86's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Camaro 2LT/RS ABM
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Sugar Land, TX
Posts: 13,085
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweet Zness View Post
Man I don't know what to say.

I don't like any of it.

Not the chrome tape bumper, or how half the halo's are now covered.
Not the smooshed looking top grill.
Not the smallish hood extractor. If it was larger it could look good, but it looks out of place small.
Not the tail lights at all. I mean WTF is that.

Overall the refresh had the right idea's. They just made bad decisions with look.

Would of like to of seen some material changes to the interior also.
X 1,000,000
__________________
2LT, RS, AT6 ABM, Gray Leather
Quote:
Originally Posted by baclarsen View Post
Dude, you go through cars faster than I go through underware!!
1000 Initial Order 9/14/2009 - Classic Chevy Sugar Land
1100 Order accepted at dealer: 9/15/2009 - NPGV41.
2000 Order accepted by GM: 9/29/2009
3000 Accepted By Production Control: 9/30/2009 - TPW 10/26/09
3100 Sequenced:10/12/09
3300 Scheduled For Production:10/13/09
3400 Broadcast:10/22/09
3800 Produced:10/27/09
4000 Available To Ship:10/28/09
4200 Shipped:10/29/09
5000 Delivered To The Dealer:11/09/09
6000 Delivered To Customer:11/12/09
Sevn86 is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:48 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.