Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com
 
MPD1
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > Off-topic Discussions

Off-topic Discussions Discuss any off-topic subjects with other members.

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 04-11-2013, 07:57 AM   #1
Easton091
 
Easton091's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 Camaro SS
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Sterling Heights, MI
Posts: 426
Any plumbers in the house (sump pump)

Well a question, its been raining alot here in SE Michigan and I havent heard my sump pump kick on it a while. I flipped the lid on the pit and the pit only has about 6 inches of water in it and nothing draining in. I have read a dry pit is a good thing. Im worried the piping on the outside is restricted some how. Any ideas?
__________________
2011 SS. K&N intake, Kooks stepped long tube headers with cat-less midpipes, Corsa exhaust, and tuned....
Easton091 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 08:00 AM   #2
MikeMoach

 
MikeMoach's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 RJT 2SS/RS
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Staten Island, NY
Posts: 1,336
The only Way to know the pipe is restricted is if the pump is running but the water level stays the same, is there a float on ur sump? Is it up or down?
MikeMoach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 08:13 AM   #3
Easton091
 
Easton091's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 Camaro SS
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Sterling Heights, MI
Posts: 426
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeMoach View Post
The only Way to know the pipe is restricted is if the pump is running but the water level stays the same, is there a float on ur sump? Is it up or down?
I can see the pipe where the water usually drips into the pit and nothing is going in there. Usually when it rains hard, its almost like a faucet with the amount of water that goes in there.
__________________
2011 SS. K&N intake, Kooks stepped long tube headers with cat-less midpipes, Corsa exhaust, and tuned....
Easton091 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 08:19 AM   #4
motorhead
bars suck
 
motorhead's Avatar
 
Drives: yummy
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: central, Pa
Posts: 7,412
Is the pump running and water not going down? Or are you saying that you think the pipe that takes the water to the pump pit from the french drain is clogged?

Last edited by motorhead; 04-11-2013 at 08:30 AM.
motorhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 08:28 AM   #5
MikeMoach

 
MikeMoach's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 RJT 2SS/RS
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Staten Island, NY
Posts: 1,336
Ok of the water is not coming into the pit do you know where the line comes from?
MikeMoach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 08:31 AM   #6
AKA-22

 
AKA-22's Avatar
 
Drives: ELLE-1
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Farmington ,mo
Posts: 1,105
Quote:
Originally Posted by Easton091 View Post
Well a question, its been raining alot here in SE Michigan and I havent heard my sump pump kick on it a while. I flipped the lid on the pit and the pit only has about 6 inches of water in it and nothing draining in. I have read a dry pit is a good thing. Im worried the piping on the outside is restricted some how. Any ideas?
sometimes it takes awhile for the soil to build up moisture .....it sounds to me that everything fine...
__________________
AKA-22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 09:12 AM   #7
Easton091
 
Easton091's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 Camaro SS
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Sterling Heights, MI
Posts: 426
I do have downspouts that are extended away from the house so i know my drainage is good. Guess I will wait a few days and see it water starts trickling in. Also I will have to keep checking my basement walls to make sure they arent leaking.
__________________
2011 SS. K&N intake, Kooks stepped long tube headers with cat-less midpipes, Corsa exhaust, and tuned....
Easton091 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 09:21 AM   #8
PIPE
Hating prius's since 1997
 
PIPE's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS (JENNA)
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Maryland
Posts: 1,042
Water and sewer backup rider on youre HO ins is a great thing just to let you know. It sounds like everything is fine. Heavy rain runs off and takes awhile to seep into the ground. Slow, extended rain seeps into ground faster and works its way into youre drain tile quicker.
__________________
PIPE
PIPE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 09:23 AM   #9
Easton091
 
Easton091's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 Camaro SS
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Sterling Heights, MI
Posts: 426
Quote:
Originally Posted by PIPE View Post
Water and sewer backup rider on youre HO ins is a great thing just to let you know. It sounds like everything is fine. Heavy rain runs off and takes awhile to seep into the ground. Slow, extended rain seeps into ground faster and works its way into youre drain tile quicker.
We do have flood damage insurance on our home. We put it on after refinishing our basement.
__________________
2011 SS. K&N intake, Kooks stepped long tube headers with cat-less midpipes, Corsa exhaust, and tuned....
Easton091 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013, 01:07 PM   #10
PIPE
Hating prius's since 1997
 
PIPE's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS (JENNA)
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Maryland
Posts: 1,042
Quote:
Originally Posted by Easton091 View Post
We do have flood damage insurance on our home. We put it on after refinishing our basement.

Thats different then water and sewer backup. Basically flood ins covers if water comes in from the outside. Water and sewer backup is if a pipe busts, or the sump pump stops working because of loss of electricity etc.
__________________
PIPE
PIPE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2013, 07:38 PM   #11
Easton091
 
Easton091's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 Camaro SS
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Sterling Heights, MI
Posts: 426
Quote:
Originally Posted by PIPE View Post
Thats different then water and sewer backup. Basically flood ins covers if water comes in from the outside. Water and sewer backup is if a pipe busts, or the sump pump stops working because of loss of electricity etc.
Pit is filling up now. Guess my grading is good

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note 2 using Tapatalk 2
__________________
2011 SS. K&N intake, Kooks stepped long tube headers with cat-less midpipes, Corsa exhaust, and tuned....
Easton091 is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:05 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.