Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com
 
BORLA
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Specific Models / Packages > Camaro 1LE Forum


Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 04-13-2013, 11:48 PM   #43
cornerspeed92


 
cornerspeed92's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 1SS 1LE
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: SoCal
Posts: 3,879
According to my service manager,whom i know and trust the Z/28 will be $69,900
cornerspeed92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2013, 12:24 AM   #44
CrystalRedTintcoat


 
CrystalRedTintcoat's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 2SS 1LE NPP GBE
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Bay Area, online, & in my 1LE
Posts: 2,536
Quote:
Originally Posted by SSRS55 View Post
Your a little late we made up already!!
Whew. I'll try to pay more attention. Lol.
CrystalRedTintcoat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2013, 12:27 AM   #45
CrystalRedTintcoat


 
CrystalRedTintcoat's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 2SS 1LE NPP GBE
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Bay Area, online, & in my 1LE
Posts: 2,536
Quote:
Originally Posted by cornerspeed92 View Post
According to my service manager,whom i know and trust the Z/28 will be $69,900
Jesus! That's a boat load of dough for a car without a radio. Who is the target market?
CrystalRedTintcoat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2013, 12:35 AM   #46
joeybsyc

 
joeybsyc's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Aqua Blue Metallic 2SS
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: PA
Posts: 1,893
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrystalRedTintcoat View Post
Jesus! That's a boat load of dough for a car without a radio. Who is the target market?
Anyone with $69,900.
__________________
joeybsyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2013, 02:05 AM   #47
CRTZL1
Banned
 
Drives: 2013 CRT ZL1
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: N.Y.
Posts: 1,546
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blueclyde View Post
No harm no foul. Im not that old, only 48. You're passionate about ride. I dig that. It's a great car, no doubt.

Do yourself a favor. Read up on everything that comes in the ZL1. Every major system in the car is beefier and more durable than the SS platform. Yes the 1LE has some ZL1 DNA but there is much it does not have. The ZL1 is totally bullet proof, transmission, clutch, rear diff, axles, brakes, coolers, etc. On top of that it has MRC suspension and PTM. The new Z/28 is going to be a total track monster. People are going to be shocked by how fast this car is going to lap a road course. The ZL1 will remain the highest HP most technologically advanced Camaro, it just will not be the fastest on the road course. The Z/28 will be the top of the food chain.
I hate to say it but I finally agree with you.

On a serious note though I could really care less what car is faster, there is always going to be something out there faster whether it's a production car or a modded one so what's the point... important thing is ya love what you have and I definitely definitely do!
But with that said who's to say that there won't be a ZL1 in my future, after all back when I was not so smart and was obsessed with mustang's I did own a 2010 Shelby GT500 so it's only right that now that I'm obsessed with camaro I mys well have the cream of the crop as well!!!
CRTZL1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2013, 07:25 AM   #48
Blueclyde

 
Blueclyde's Avatar
 
Drives: What's Next?
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Northeast Metro Detroit
Posts: 1,593
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrystalRedTintcoat View Post
Jesus! That's a boat load of dough for a car without a radio. Who is the target market?
I think it will have a radio bu just one speaker. The weight savings was in gutting the unnecessary speakers. One of the videos from the reveal mentioned his. We will have to wait and see.

Also, nobody knows the price yet but expect it to be high. It's got a low volume hand blt engine with custom exhaust manifolds and dry sump oil system. It's got exotic high $ brakes that are unmatched for this type of car. It also is going to have very specialized shocks and other suspension parts. All of this produced in low volume having to amortize all of GM's development and validation $$'s. Its going to be expensive and ther could likely be dealer markup on top.

The target market will be three groups I think. Group 1 are the hard core track guys that have been modifying their Camaros or simply waiting for this car. Groups 2 and 3 are kind of similar. They are the purist Z/28 people that have been waiting and waiting and the folks with money looking for a collector piece. This is not going to be an ordinary car.
Blueclyde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2013, 07:59 AM   #49
natmad
 
natmad's Avatar
 
Drives: WTB '16 1SS Magride NPP Recaros 6m
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: raleigh, nc
Posts: 83
I think I read in Chevy's press release that the Z28 will come with NO radio and only one speaker for the seatbelt chime which it has to have by law. Along with optional a/c Chevy is adding lightness where it can on a very focused track/street car.
natmad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2013, 12:04 PM   #50
CrystalRedTintcoat


 
CrystalRedTintcoat's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 2SS 1LE NPP GBE
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Bay Area, online, & in my 1LE
Posts: 2,536
There are other ways to shave weight. Many an exotic car have solved performance, weight and luxury together.

Hope to see the Z/28 on Euro Top Gear n


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
CrystalRedTintcoat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2013, 01:03 PM   #51
2cnd chance
Too Many Great Choices
 
2cnd chance's Avatar
 
Drives: Z06, GS or ZL1?
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: The Road
Posts: 6,853
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrystalRedTintcoat View Post
There are other ways to shave weight. Many an exotic car have solved performance, weight and luxury together.

Hope to see the Z/28 on Euro Top Gear n


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
Yes, but who wants a six figure Camaro?
__________________
2cnd chance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2013, 01:11 PM   #52
2cnd chance
Too Many Great Choices
 
2cnd chance's Avatar
 
Drives: Z06, GS or ZL1?
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: The Road
Posts: 6,853
I started a thread, but don't think it was noticed much if at all. See Al O's comments regarding making available Z/28 parts.


"Do you think that soon after the production launch of the new Z/28 we will see parts and pieces of this car making its way onto scratch built cars, or in some way a program that might mimic in some way the COPO program?"

AO: “That’s a great question. We’ve had that debate all the way up through GM President Mark Reuss on whether or not we want to see clones driving around on the streets, and we’ve made the decision that since offering performance parts helps sell Camaros, we’ve got a great performance parts team now under Vice President, Performance Vehicles and Motorsports Jim Campbell, who is growing that very dynamic industry. “You will see Z/28 performance parts available for other Camaros and you know specifically as far as suspension, drift, and so on, you’re going to see those parts. Some of the parts are kind of integrated into the body but we definitely plan on allowing customers to have the opportunity to get ahold of some Z/28 parts for their car.”
__________________

Last edited by 2cnd chance; 04-14-2013 at 08:31 PM.
2cnd chance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2013, 12:18 PM   #53
Legendary Umbra
 
Legendary Umbra's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 2SS/RS 1LE Summit White
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: TeXaS
Posts: 29
Arrow Update...

After reading some of the posts in the thread I need to clarify what I specifically meant about modding the 1LE. O, and I disagree with the assumption that the Z/28 will cost more than a ZL1. Unless , someone knows something I do not or the price has officially been release by Chevrolet. A person could spend roughly 10k with SLP and add a supercharged performance package with WARRANTY to the 1LE which if I were to do would put the cost of my 1LE to 50k give or take a few hundred bucks, and I would dare say would give a stock ZL1 at 60k a pair of taillights to chase around the track. Now...as for the thing I would take from the new Z/28 would be the brakes/wheels, factory CAI, and Recaro seats...other than that not much else other than the OBVIOUS LS7 427 but the HP and torque that would come from the SLP package would make it very, very formatible in competition with both the Z/28 and ZL1 and still keep the price within reach for us lighter in the pockets than the high rollers. I just hate seeing the Camaro go the way of the Corvette in so much as becoming a rich man's toy and not the poor guy's sports car. Anyhow, I just hope this comes across as opinion and not something that people take as definitive. We all know opinions change, but I'm just trying to point out like its already mentioned that we can do a lot more with the 1LE with less money and get SIMILIAR performance to the top dawgs which I personally believe is great for the Camaro altogether. Look forward to reading the comments of this addition to the thread! Take care and be safe!
__________________
Legendary Umbra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2013, 01:02 PM   #54
Dropspeed
2013 Camaro SS1LECTSVZ28
 
Dropspeed's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 AGM 1SS/1LE
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Suburbs of Detroit, MI
Posts: 2,370
Quote:
Originally Posted by Legendary Umbra View Post
and I disagree with the assumption that the Z/28 will cost more than a ZL1. Unless , someone knows something I do not or the price has officially been release by Chevrolet. !
I mentioned on the first page...GM has already come out and said it will be slotted above the ZL1. This was not a guess or assumption.

Why:
Motor $7K more than LS3
CC Brakes: Oh lets say another $7K
Low production one-off wheels: min $1500 (over 1LE/ZL1)
Unique rear seat, wiring harness, rear glass....??? est...$1000

If you take a 1SS/1LE at $38K and add the $16,500 above you are already at $54,500. THIS DOES NOT include the one model only race suspension.

A good aftermarket set of strut/springs, bushings, sway bars will easily be $5,000. Now you are at $59,500 < More than base ZL1 (And GM has to warranty these so there is money in testing and validation)

Add a little fluff for unique low volume badges, seat stitching, and what ever else is specific to the Z/28 and you have easily cleared $60K.

I don't see how it could cost any less than the ZL1.....

-Matt
__________________
Dropspeed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2013, 01:20 PM   #55
Legendary Umbra
 
Legendary Umbra's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 2SS/RS 1LE Summit White
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: TeXaS
Posts: 29
Thumbs up Good Points...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dropspeed View Post
I mentioned on the first page...GM has already come out and said it will be slotted above the ZL1. This was not a guess or assumption.

Why:
Motor $7K more than LS3
CC Brakes: Oh lets say another $7K
Low production one-off wheels: min $1500 (over 1LE/ZL1)
Unique rear seat, wiring harness, rear glass....??? est...$1000

If you take a 1SS/1LE at $38K and add the $16,500 above you are already at $54,500. THIS DOES NOT include the one model only race suspension.

A good aftermarket set of strut/springs, bushings, sway bars will easily be $5,000. Now you are at $59,500 < More than base ZL1 (And GM has to warranty these so there is money in testing and validation)

Add a little fluff for unique low volume badges, seat stitching, and what ever else is specific to the Z/28 and you have easily cleared $60K.

I don't see how it could cost any less than the ZL1.....

-Matt
Hmmm...you have quite the rationale that I miss interpreted from the coverage of the vehicle from the auto show and the reveal here on the news reel. So are we to assume this is a limited special edition run for the Z/28 like the COPOs? Yes, that is a question because I had assumed they were trying to sell a lot of them not just a few like the 1LE and ZL1. Perhaps I was under the assumption as well that the Z/28 had always been the affordable Camaro because I owed a 81 and 94 but as they say those were Z28s and not Z/28. Well, I at least have in my mind what I pictured the Z28 would be in my 1LE with the exception of the LS7 and brakes/wheels. Perhaps the factory CAI, Recaro seats, and brakes/wheels will be compatible with the 2013 camaros for purchasing from GM. Anyhow, good points on the post and 'holy crap'. I think that if I had that kind of cash I would by the new corvette with some type of performance package. Camaro is not a poor man's sports car any longer.
__________________
Legendary Umbra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2013, 01:41 PM   #56
gajagfan


 
gajagfan's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 1SS 1LE Black - Std Exhaust
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Brunswick, GA
Posts: 3,266
Quote:
Originally Posted by Legendary Umbra View Post
Hmmm...you have quite the rationale that I miss interpreted from the coverage of the vehicle from the auto show and the reveal here on the news reel. So are we to assume this is a limited special edition run for the Z/28 like the COPOs? Yes, that is a question because I had assumed they were trying to sell a lot of them not just a few like the 1LE and ZL1. Perhaps I was under the assumption as well that the Z/28 had always been the affordable Camaro because I owed a 81 and 94 but as they say those were Z28s and not Z/28. Well, I at least have in my mind what I pictured the Z28 would be in my 1LE with the exception of the LS7 and brakes/wheels. Perhaps the factory CAI, Recaro seats, and brakes/wheels will be compatible with the 2013 camaros for purchasing from GM. Anyhow, good points on the post and 'holy crap'. I think that if I had that kind of cash I would by the new corvette with some type of performance package. Camaro is not a poor man's sports car any longer.
I think any comparison between this Camaro Z/28 and its predecessors from the 80's or 90's is where the confusion comes in. Those were moderate street cars, whereas this 2014 version is more track car / race car than street car.
gajagfan is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:52 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.