Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

BeckyD@RodgersChevrolet
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Specific Models / Packages > Camaro Convertible Forum

Camaro Convertible Forum For all Camaro Convertible specific discussions

Old 04-15-2013, 06:49 PM   #51
Algeron

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS vert, 1998 Z28, 1991 RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by intensifi View Post
One moral of this story might be to proactively remove the back seats before taking it in for the top replacement.

Maybe that means removing the subwoofer as well.

Just a thought.

LOL - too bad this was the passenger seat.

http://imgur.com/a/kurVF Born 30 May 2011
Algeron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2013, 06:58 PM   #52
95birdible

Drives: 2012 1SS Camaro Convertible
Mine was outsourced also. The guy actually lives about 3 miles away from me and I stopped by once to see my car. Just makes me wonder if anyone actually takes pride in their work anymore.

2012 1SS Crystal Red Convertible
"Cherry Bomb" 4/17/12 - Lifetime?
95birdible is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2013, 07:07 PM   #53
Algeron

Quote:
Originally Posted by 95birdible View Post
Mine was outsourced also. The guy actually lives about 3 miles away from me and I stopped by once to see my car. Just makes me wonder if anyone actually takes pride in their work anymore.
I happen to agree.

A coworker told me today that his father had to have his Galaxy 500 in the body shop after someone hit it. Within 3 days, the body shop backed a Mercedes in to the grill and broke the grill. The next night, the left the car on the rack and lifted, and the rack dropped the car. They are still checking to see if there is any frame damage.

I do IT work, and I treat every machine I touch like I own it. I don't get the carelessness that goes on at this point.

Old 04-30-2013, 10:36 PM   #54
Algeron

Quick update...

I still have a hole in my seat. The dealership has not gotten the part yet (so I am told).

Old 05-02-2013, 12:03 AM   #55
OrangeVert
"Catharine"

Drives: '11 2SS/RS LS-3 IOM/IO vert
Quote:
If you are not satisfied at the time you go to pick your car up, leave it there until it is 100% to your satisfaction. If you take it home, the dealerships will try and say the problems were caused by you. This way, they cannot do that and as a bonus, time at the dealership counts toward the lemon law.
Oh yes, classic response & easy out for the dealer. Maddening. Take LOTS of iPhone pics with dealership/clock in the background when you drop it off.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael Rophone View Post

Be prepared for: "That wasn't there when we returned the car to you."
Ibid.

Quote:
While your dealership may be good, they should not have scratched the paint and ruined your seat. That is just plain shoddy work. On my first car when the top was replaced I got my car back just like I left it. Actually better. It was fully detailed inside and out. Be aware of every little nook and cranny of your car.
Unbeliveable. When I worked at a Pontiac dealership in 1981, we were super careful with customers' cars because it was the right thing to do. Sad to see things have degraded to this point.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Algeron View Post
I happen to agree.

A coworker told me today that his father had to have his Galaxy 500 in the body shop after someone hit it. Within 3 days, the body shop backed a Mercedes in to the grill and broke the grill. The next night, the left the car on the rack and lifted, and the rack dropped the car. They are still checking to see if there is any frame damage.

I do IT work, and I treat every machine I touch like I own it. I don't get the carelessness that goes on at this point.
Same here, I'm an IT trainer and never skimp on a class, and treat mechanical things the same way. Does nobody care about the job they do anymore?

Scared to take my vert in for rear window road noise. Wondering what I'll do when 3 year warranty is up. This car is *too beautiful* to trade, but what else would be the same or better - Corvette? Lexus? Mercedes? No, because they are not the hot stuff that is a Camaro. I hope the stars align and I don't have to get rid of this car because the warranty expires.
Old 05-02-2013, 10:02 AM   #56
Michael Rophone

Drives: Yes
Quote:
Originally Posted by OrangeVert View Post
I hope the stars align and I don't have to get rid of this car because the warranty expires.
From your lips to God's ears.

My 2012 IBM RS (black top) was the most beautiful car I've ever owned...or ever will own.
Michael Rophone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 10:47 PM   #57
Twintitan

Drives: 2012 convertable camaro
Has anyone made a cover so the wind doesn't affect the top when its down?
Twintitan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2013, 07:40 AM   #58
Algeron

Update - after a long break

The seat bottom finally arrived on May 17th. I took the car in on Monday May 20th. I was told that she should be ready Wednesday afternoon. I called Wednesday to check, and I was told that the seat had been fixed, but the car just went to the body shop that morning for the deck lid, and she should be ready Thursday afternoon. I didn't hear anything on Thursday, so I called back on Friday. When I spoke to the service writer, I was told that she had bad news. She said the body shop guy brought the car up that morning, and according to her, it looked like he did a rushed touch up job, and it looked terrible. She made him take the car back and told him that he needed to repaint the deck lid not touch it up. Now, it will be Monday or Tuesday before I can get her back. I guess it is good that the service writer saw that it was a crappy job before I did, it sucks that I own a vert, we have nice 78-81 degree holiday weekend, and I am stuck with a Dodge Avenger to drive all weekend.

Before you ask, my son is borrowing my Z28 while his car is in the shop, so I don't have that to drive at the moment either.

Old 05-25-2013, 07:50 AM   #59
Angrybird 12
Retired, Cancer Survivor

Drives: 12 CAMARO 1LT, 08 Vue, 14 Spark
Quote:
Originally Posted by Twintitan View Post
Has anyone made a cover so the wind doesn't affect the top when its down?
Are you talking about a tonneau cover? If so you can order one from your dealer but its about $400

Previous Camaros: 1974, 1979 and 2010.
Angrybird 12 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2013, 11:07 PM   #60
Algeron

Quote:
Originally Posted by intensifi View Post
One moral of this story might be to proactively remove the back seats before taking it in for the top replacement.

Maybe that means removing the subwoofer as well.

Just a thought.

It was the front passenger seat that was damaged.

Old 05-29-2013, 04:50 PM   #61
Algeron

Finally got a call today that the car was done and will be ready for me to pick up tomorrow. The service writer told me that the body shop ended up repainting the entire deck lid after the crappy touch up job they did at first. Needless to say, I will go over every inch of the car tomorrow since she has been at the dealership 10 days by that time.

Old 06-05-2013, 05:00 PM   #62
Algeron

New update....

We had a massive downpour on Tuesday. I didn't think to check the car until this morning, and I found rear passenger floorboard was damp. I will have to call about this Thursday morning. I already had one top put on the car, and I thought she was doing good, but this was the first heavy rain she has been in since I bought her.

Old 06-05-2013, 07:33 PM   #63
Angrybird 12
Retired, Cancer Survivor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Algeron View Post
New update....

We had a massive downpour on Tuesday. I didn't think to check the car until this morning, and I found rear passenger floorboard was damp. I will have to call about this Thursday morning. I already had one top put on the car, and I thought she was doing good, but this was the first heavy rain she has been in since I bought her.
Did they change the water bag too? I have heard they sometimes mess up the drain tubes when installing a new top.

Old 06-05-2013, 09:05 PM   #64
Algeron

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angrybird 12 View Post
Did they change the water bag too? I have heard they sometimes mess up the drain tubes when installing a new top.
When I picked the car up after the roof, they couldn't tell me. The service writer was out sick, and had all the paperwork. I will find out tomorrow. The driver's side is fine.

Old 06-05-2013, 11:02 PM   #65
OrangeVert
"Catharine"

Drives: '11 2SS/RS LS-3 IOM/IO vert
Sorry to hear of your troubles - good luck, Algeron!
Old 06-06-2013, 09:50 AM   #66
Algeron

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrangeVert View Post
Sorry to hear of your troubles - good luck, Algeron!
Thanks. She has already been in the shop a total of 3 weeks since I bought her.

Old 06-06-2013, 03:46 PM   #67
Algeron

Spoke to the dealership today, and I will be dropping her off on Saturday.

Old 06-07-2013, 07:32 PM   #68
Algeron

Ended up dropping her off today. I am stuck with an Impala until Tuesday or so.

Old 06-11-2013, 05:45 PM   #69
Algeron

Got mine back this afternoon. Their diagnosis was - "45 minute water test found a couple of drips 4 inches to the left of right a-pillar. Recheck weather strip found front weather strip not completely seated. Properly install front top weather strip and retest with water for 40 min. No other leaks found." Hopefully, this was the cause. I will recheck with the next heavy rain that we get.

Old 07-01-2013, 10:08 PM   #70
Algeron

New question/issue (?)

I parked my car at work today, and we have several heavy downpours. When I got in my car to go home, I found water (see pics). This was only on the driver's side. The passenger's side was dry. Is this normal? This is the second time I have seen this.

Old 07-02-2013, 09:17 AM   #71
Jonster

Drives: '12 2ss IOM Camaro Vert
Mine usually get a little wet, but yours seems more extreme. Considering you say it was "heavy" downpours and that's the worst that happened, be happy
Old 07-02-2013, 09:19 AM   #72
Algeron

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonster View Post
Mine usually get a little wet, but yours seems more extreme. Considering you say it was "heavy" downpours and that's the worst that happened, be happy
I will keep watching it then. If it was just the weatherstripping, I wouldn't worry about it, but since it is getting on the interior trim, it has me concerned. I can't take it to the dealer to see because after driving 5 miles, it is all dried up.

Old 07-02-2013, 09:50 AM   #73
Angrybird 12
Retired, Cancer Survivor

Mine has gone through many many downpours in the last year including several over the last few days and mine has remained dry..
I would take it in. It's not something you want to let go.

Old 07-04-2013, 09:38 AM   #74
Algeron

Came out to the car after work yesterday, and there was more water around the drivers door (pics to come). Also, this morning, I noticed the rear passenger carpet was wet again. I have an appointment with the dealer when the calipers come in, and I will give them the pics at that time.

Old 09-24-2013, 02:01 PM   #75
AnthonyTek

Drives: 2013 Camaro ZL1 Conv CRT
Update?

I bought a '13 ZL1 vert from Hendrick. Curious about how your car is doing. I don't have any issues with my car. They didn't have a window sticker for my New car, so I'm waiting on that and they didn't give me the front spring spacers for towing if I ever need them. They are getting those also. I had previously used them for a collision repair on a Mazda a few years ago and the small repair was done perfectly.

I disagree with a 'bait n switch' tactic from the sales person that I hadn't heard before. Overall I'm happy with the dealership. Especially compared to the Ford dealers in Charleston. After buying my Explorer I'm not going to look at Fords again. Completely due to the people at the Ford dealerships. Even though I was looking at the GT 500 and the Roush mustangs. I feel bad for Ford that the dealers are why I can't buy their products. Really, agree on a price without being allowed to drive it? Uh next. I smashed my ZL1 passenger mirror backing out of my garage and went to Crews Chevrolet because they're a lot closer to me. I replaced the mirror myself, but they ordered and painted the new mirror. Satisfied with them also.

What I don't understand is how a dealer can sub out warranty work that GM is covering. It seems like GM would not in turn warranty the workmanship of the sub. Replacing a vert top has to cost upwards of $3000 for parts and labor. I would send a field tech or require the dealer have a certified and experienced person do the repair. Attention to detail. It's also funny that with every vert top thread I read there are multiple repeat visits to get the job done right. That costs money and time for everyone involved.
AnthonyTek is offline   Reply With Quote