Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com
 
Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Z/28 Forum - Z/28 Specific Topics


Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 04-16-2013, 10:49 PM   #18
14pilot
Original Bumblebee Owner
 
14pilot's Avatar
 
Drives: 265hp ZX-14, 500hp Silverado, V-ROD
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Arizona
Posts: 1,382
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bhobbs View Post
So GM will be selling a stripped Camaro frame for $60k? Get real. The Z/28 will be around $65k plus taxes and fees.
So the stripped COPO Camaro was just offered by GM at $55K. No engine, no transmission. I say you get real... LOL !!!

Z/28 is not stripped, so add in the LS7 and it comes with a transmission too. Z/28 also has a $10K suspension and braking system. I'll credit you $2.5K to pull out the ZL1 MRS and end up with an MSRP bump of $7.5K for the Z/28.

Have you priced Trofeo R tires? $65K is just $5K above the MSRP for a fully loaded ZL1. All the track parts on the Z/28 are going to be way more than $5K.
__________________
Quote:
Quote:
#5 - 2010 2SS/RS MN6 ABM #142-Silver Rallys-GFX / Med Titanium
My previous Camaros:
#4 - 1994 Z/28 6M Black over Arctic White / Graphite-Red Inserts - traded
#3 - 1981 Z/28 Bright Blue Metallic / Black - sold
#2 - 1970.5 RS Mulsanne Blue / Blue - endo crashed it and parted it out
#1 - 1967 RS Butternut Yellow w/ Black Bumblebee Stripe-RPO D91 / Parchment-Black - sold
14pilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 10:53 PM   #19
Bhobbs


 
Bhobbs's Avatar
 
Drives: 2015 SS 1LE Red Hot, 1970 Chevelle
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Chino, CA
Posts: 4,479
Quote:
Originally Posted by 14pilot View Post
So the stripped COPO Camaro was just offered by GM at $55K. No engine, no transmission. I say you get real... LOL !!!

Z/28 is not stripped, so add in the LS7 and it comes with a transmission too. Z/28 also has a $10K suspension and braking system. I'll credit you $2.5K to pull out the ZL1 MRS and end up with an MSRP bump of $7.5K for the Z/28.

Have you priced Trofeo R tires? $65K is just $5K above the MSRP for a fully loaded ZL1. All the track parts on the Z/28 are going to be way more than $5K.
The COPO is not a production Camaro.

You don't add the price of the Z/28 components on top of a fully loaded ZL1. You can subtract the costs of the ZL1 components that aren't used and add in the costs of the Z/28 components but even then, we don't know what GMs cost is per part.

Still, I would be shocked to see the Z/28 MSRP be much higher than $65-70k.
Bhobbs is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 10:58 PM   #20
The_Blur
Jayhawk USN
 
The_Blur's Avatar
 
Drives: Demon SS
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: San Diego
Posts: 14,622
Send a message via AIM to The_Blur
I'm going to speculate that GM has a significantly different formula than the diverse variety shown here. This is, to say the least, very entertaining.
The_Blur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 11:00 PM   #21
14pilot
Original Bumblebee Owner
 
14pilot's Avatar
 
Drives: 265hp ZX-14, 500hp Silverado, V-ROD
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Arizona
Posts: 1,382
I did that in my original post.

LS7 is $17K MSRP. LSA is $11K MSRP. I added the $6K diff..

I just did the same on the suspension and brakes, giving $2.5K "credit" for the removed ZL1 parts and only bumping the Z/28 the $7.5K diff.

You will be shocked when the MSRP comes out. Or I'll owe you a beer - LOL !!!
__________________
Quote:
Quote:
#5 - 2010 2SS/RS MN6 ABM #142-Silver Rallys-GFX / Med Titanium
My previous Camaros:
#4 - 1994 Z/28 6M Black over Arctic White / Graphite-Red Inserts - traded
#3 - 1981 Z/28 Bright Blue Metallic / Black - sold
#2 - 1970.5 RS Mulsanne Blue / Blue - endo crashed it and parted it out
#1 - 1967 RS Butternut Yellow w/ Black Bumblebee Stripe-RPO D91 / Parchment-Black - sold
14pilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 11:08 PM   #22
14pilot
Original Bumblebee Owner
 
14pilot's Avatar
 
Drives: 265hp ZX-14, 500hp Silverado, V-ROD
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Arizona
Posts: 1,382
Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Blur View Post
I'm going to speculate that GM has a significantly different formula than the diverse variety shown here. This is, to say the least, very entertaining.
Definately entertaining. Fun too...
__________________
Quote:
Quote:
#5 - 2010 2SS/RS MN6 ABM #142-Silver Rallys-GFX / Med Titanium
My previous Camaros:
#4 - 1994 Z/28 6M Black over Arctic White / Graphite-Red Inserts - traded
#3 - 1981 Z/28 Bright Blue Metallic / Black - sold
#2 - 1970.5 RS Mulsanne Blue / Blue - endo crashed it and parted it out
#1 - 1967 RS Butternut Yellow w/ Black Bumblebee Stripe-RPO D91 / Parchment-Black - sold
14pilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 11:13 PM   #23
90503


 
Drives: 2011 2SS/RS LS3
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Torrance
Posts: 11,459
Quote:
Originally Posted by 14pilot View Post
Definately entertaining. Fun too...
I'd add at least 1k per test-track video that gets released prior to pricing...lol...

I, too think it will be pricey...If the same logic was used with the ZL1 compared to the SS by those hoping for an inexpensive Z/28, they would have the ZL1 priced at 45k...

Trading this for that at over-the counter prices I don't think really works...

Last edited by 90503; 04-16-2013 at 11:29 PM.
90503 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 11:38 PM   #24
Bhobbs


 
Bhobbs's Avatar
 
Drives: 2015 SS 1LE Red Hot, 1970 Chevelle
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Chino, CA
Posts: 4,479
Quote:
Originally Posted by 14pilot View Post
I did that in my original post.

LS7 is $17K MSRP. LSA is $11K MSRP. I added the $6K diff..

I just did the same on the suspension and brakes, giving $2.5K "credit" for the removed ZL1 parts and only bumping the Z/28 the $7.5K diff.

You will be shocked when the MSRP comes out. Or I'll owe you a beer - LOL !!!
If the Z/28 tops $100k, I'll buy you a six pack.
Bhobbs is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 11:42 PM   #25
14pilot
Original Bumblebee Owner
 
14pilot's Avatar
 
Drives: 265hp ZX-14, 500hp Silverado, V-ROD
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Arizona
Posts: 1,382
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bhobbs View Post
If the Z/28 tops $100k, I'll buy you a six pack.
You're on for a six pack !!!

But that's over $100K out the door with the stealership ripoff markups, taxes, tags, destination, etc...

We won't count any auctioned Z/28s at Barrett-Jackson just to keep you in the game - LOL !!!
__________________
Quote:
Quote:
#5 - 2010 2SS/RS MN6 ABM #142-Silver Rallys-GFX / Med Titanium
My previous Camaros:
#4 - 1994 Z/28 6M Black over Arctic White / Graphite-Red Inserts - traded
#3 - 1981 Z/28 Bright Blue Metallic / Black - sold
#2 - 1970.5 RS Mulsanne Blue / Blue - endo crashed it and parted it out
#1 - 1967 RS Butternut Yellow w/ Black Bumblebee Stripe-RPO D91 / Parchment-Black - sold
14pilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 12:23 AM   #26
Boris632
 
Drives: 1955 210
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Rockford
Posts: 74
My take

1SS 1LE - 35,000

I am thinking the cost to make the LS7 is about 7000 and the LS3 3500
So add 3500

Brakes - removal of stock brake system 1500. Add Carbon - 6000
So 4500 extra

Seats, glass, other tweaks - 2000.

I am seeing a 10k cost. Who knows what the margin is on these cars - I will say 30% so $13,000.

Labor and factory Overhead should be no different than any other Camaro.

$48,000!!!

Im sure all the nickel and dime stuff will push this over 50k MSRP and don't forget the gas guzzler tax.

They say it is more expensive than the ZL1 but outside of the brakes I don't see it. Maybe in the R&D but I am pretty sure the ZL1 was flogged pretty heavily too.

I will stick with my 48-50k just because everyone is shooting for 60+
Boris632 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 12:43 AM   #27
14pilot
Original Bumblebee Owner
 
14pilot's Avatar
 
Drives: 265hp ZX-14, 500hp Silverado, V-ROD
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Arizona
Posts: 1,382
GM publically announced that the 2014 Z/28 is going to be the most expensive Camaro ever offered.

So with that in mind, leaving the 2013 COPO base model at $86,000 out of this to appease most here...

I just went over to Chevy.com and here is the current most expensive Camaro offered, the 2013 ZL1 Vert.

Look below, see where is says Total MSRP $69,565 ???

Now Z/28 fans, start from above this number as GM has made it clear that the Z/28 is going to be even more.

What part of "most expensive Camaro ever offered" don't ya get ??? LOL !!!
Attached Images
 
__________________
Quote:
Quote:
#5 - 2010 2SS/RS MN6 ABM #142-Silver Rallys-GFX / Med Titanium
My previous Camaros:
#4 - 1994 Z/28 6M Black over Arctic White / Graphite-Red Inserts - traded
#3 - 1981 Z/28 Bright Blue Metallic / Black - sold
#2 - 1970.5 RS Mulsanne Blue / Blue - endo crashed it and parted it out
#1 - 1967 RS Butternut Yellow w/ Black Bumblebee Stripe-RPO D91 / Parchment-Black - sold
14pilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 12:48 AM   #28
Bad@ssCamaro
Rogers' Rocks :-)
 
Bad@ssCamaro's Avatar
 
Drives: 2015 1SS/1LE
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Western MA
Posts: 5,644
Quote:
Originally Posted by 14pilot View Post
GM publically announced that the 2014 Z/28 is going to be the most expensive Camaro ever offered.

So with that in mind, leaving the 2013 COPO base model at $86,000 out of this to appease most here...

I just went over to Chevy.com and here is the current most expensive Camaro offered, the 2013 ZL1 Vert.

Look below, see where is says Total MSRP $69,565 ???

Now Z/28 fans, start from above this number as GM has made it clear that the Z/28 is going to be even more.

What part of "most expensive Camaro ever offered" don't ya get ??? LOL !!!
I think they (GM) meant the most expensive Camaro Coupe in production let's compare apples to apples, shall we
__________________
2015 CRT 1SS/1LE RS/Recaro's/NPP/Nav/Rear vision pkg./BA speaker upgrade.

Bad@ssCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 12:49 AM   #29
14pilot
Original Bumblebee Owner
 
14pilot's Avatar
 
Drives: 265hp ZX-14, 500hp Silverado, V-ROD
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Arizona
Posts: 1,382
What they said? What they meant? I think they said what they meant... LOL !!!

Semantics, eh ? GLWT...
__________________
Quote:
Quote:
#5 - 2010 2SS/RS MN6 ABM #142-Silver Rallys-GFX / Med Titanium
My previous Camaros:
#4 - 1994 Z/28 6M Black over Arctic White / Graphite-Red Inserts - traded
#3 - 1981 Z/28 Bright Blue Metallic / Black - sold
#2 - 1970.5 RS Mulsanne Blue / Blue - endo crashed it and parted it out
#1 - 1967 RS Butternut Yellow w/ Black Bumblebee Stripe-RPO D91 / Parchment-Black - sold
14pilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 12:51 AM   #30
Boris632
 
Drives: 1955 210
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Rockford
Posts: 74
COPO is north of 90k

and i dont see them selling too many Z/28s at 90k+


i just dont see it being more than a ZL1
Boris632 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 12:53 AM   #31
14pilot
Original Bumblebee Owner
 
14pilot's Avatar
 
Drives: 265hp ZX-14, 500hp Silverado, V-ROD
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Arizona
Posts: 1,382
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boris632 View Post
COPO is north of 90k

and i dont see them selling too many Z/28s at 90k+
Correct. And selling too many is not the game plan. The plan is a low volume "Halo" car to establish the Camaro brand deeper into Americana.

This thread plays right into that plan. Go Bowtie !!!
__________________
Quote:
Quote:
#5 - 2010 2SS/RS MN6 ABM #142-Silver Rallys-GFX / Med Titanium
My previous Camaros:
#4 - 1994 Z/28 6M Black over Arctic White / Graphite-Red Inserts - traded
#3 - 1981 Z/28 Bright Blue Metallic / Black - sold
#2 - 1970.5 RS Mulsanne Blue / Blue - endo crashed it and parted it out
#1 - 1967 RS Butternut Yellow w/ Black Bumblebee Stripe-RPO D91 / Parchment-Black - sold
14pilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 12:54 AM   #32
Bad@ssCamaro
Rogers' Rocks :-)
 
Bad@ssCamaro's Avatar
 
Drives: 2015 1SS/1LE
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Western MA
Posts: 5,644
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boris632 View Post
COPO is north of 90k

and i dont see them selling too many Z/28s at 90k+


i just dont see it being more than a ZL1
COPO is NOT a legal street car, should not be even considered in the equation.
__________________
2015 CRT 1SS/1LE RS/Recaro's/NPP/Nav/Rear vision pkg./BA speaker upgrade.

Bad@ssCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 01:49 AM   #33
RedWingsZL1
 
Drives: 2013 AGM M6 ZL1, 2008 Tahoe LTZ
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Westfield, IN
Posts: 372
People want the Z/28 badge. GM does it and does it right. People are upset they did it so right that it's going to cost more money.

If you just want a Z28 badge, go buy one.

I don't know anyone's background on here, but I can promise you this. With the modifications needed alone for an LS7, the carbon ceramic brakes, the many parts not used on the SS, 1LE, LT, LS, or even ZL1 models, it's going to introduce more cost into the vehicle.

GM plainly tells you this is a track-day car that is NOT for everyone and now everyone is upset that their Camaro won't have a stock stereo, A/C, etc and cost too much because GM made it the car the Z/28 badge deserves.

$60K+ for the Z/28 and you won't see many of them, because it's not a car for everyone, but you know everyone will be smiling when they do get to see one. Or when we read about how it's whooping ass in whatever class of racing they put it into.
__________________
2013 ZL1
RedWingsZL1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 03:43 AM   #34
Bad@ssCamaro
Rogers' Rocks :-)
 
Bad@ssCamaro's Avatar
 
Drives: 2015 1SS/1LE
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Western MA
Posts: 5,644
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedWingsZL1 View Post
People want the Z/28 badge. GM does it and does it right. People are upset they did it so right that it's going to cost more money.

If you just want a Z28 badge, go buy one.

I don't know anyone's background on here, but I can promise you this. With the modifications needed alone for an LS7, the carbon ceramic brakes, the many parts not used on the SS, 1LE, LT, LS, or even ZL1 models, it's going to introduce more cost into the vehicle.

GM plainly tells you this is a track-day car that is NOT for everyone and now everyone is upset that their Camaro won't have a stock stereo, A/C, etc and cost too much because GM made it the car the Z/28 badge deserves.

$60K+ for the Z/28 and you won't see many of them, because it's not a car for everyone, but you know everyone will be smiling when they do get to see one. Or when we read about how it's whooping ass in whatever class of racing they put it into.
brother
__________________
2015 CRT 1SS/1LE RS/Recaro's/NPP/Nav/Rear vision pkg./BA speaker upgrade.

Bad@ssCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:12 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.