Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com
 
Vitesse Motorsports
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Member Car Journals


Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 04-16-2013, 12:56 PM   #379
Wolfco13

 
Wolfco13's Avatar
 
Drives: 2012 2LT 45th Vert
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Lockport, NY
Posts: 830
Nice! I will have to do that myself one of these days.
You could consider MGP Caliper Covers, too.
Manufacturer's site: http://www.calipercovers.com/
Several of our sponsors carry them.
__________________
Wolfco13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 01:54 PM   #380
pierre777
HT5 COTW 9/3/2012
 
pierre777's Avatar
 
Drives: Cyber Bullet
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: lebanon
Posts: 4,584
Send a message via Skype™ to pierre777
Man they look so good on the car , I bought a set of premium slotted and drilled but they say the already come electro coated black in the center , aren't yours supposed to be like that?
__________________
pierre777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 02:19 PM   #381
kjkjr27
COTW 9/16/13
 
kjkjr27's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 2LT/RS Camaro IOM
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Syracuse
Posts: 10,068
Quote:
Originally Posted by Monchy36 View Post
Don't forget to paint those calipers...
It is on the list haha

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolfco13 View Post
Nice! I will have to do that myself one of these days.
You could consider MGP Caliper Covers, too.
Manufacturer's site: http://www.calipercovers.com/
Several of our sponsors carry them.
Yea I saw those but not really a fan of how they look

Quote:
Originally Posted by pierre777 View Post
Man they look so good on the car , I bought a set of premium slotted and drilled but they say the already come electro coated black in the center , aren't yours supposed to be like that?
There are ones that are I just didn't order them, why you ask? Cuase I was so excited about ordering them I didn't scroll lower down on a page when ordering online lol.
__________________
kjkjr27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 02:31 PM   #382
ssmike
Missing Big Red
 
ssmike's Avatar
 
Drives: 2006 Corvette DSOM, '13 Equinox CRT
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Buffalo, NY
Posts: 6,530
Rotors look great!
__________________

Not a Camaro but it works for now!
ssmike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 03:49 PM   #383
rtcat600man
having FUN now 13.66@101
 
rtcat600man's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 2LT IOM
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Clarkston, Michigan
Posts: 8,921
GREAT JOB, I have certainly moved this up to my mod for next spring.
__________________
rtcat600man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 06:20 PM   #384
CamaroI


 
Drives: 2010 IOM Camaro
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: DFW
Posts: 3,108
NIce the someone gets there Rotors right from R1 they sent me the wrong set. Hmmmm 6 lugs for Camaro Ummmmm no...I have now been waiting over 3 weeks for another rear set to be sent out
CamaroI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 10:06 AM   #385
kjkjr27
COTW 9/16/13
 
kjkjr27's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 2LT/RS Camaro IOM
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Syracuse
Posts: 10,068
Quote:
Originally Posted by ssmike View Post
Rotors look great!
Thanks! Just gotta get up the motivation again to try and tackel the install to finish it all up once and for all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rtcat600man View Post
GREAT JOB, I have certainly moved this up to my mod for next spring.
Thanks! I love the way they look!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroI View Post
NIce the someone gets there Rotors right from R1 they sent me the wrong set. Hmmmm 6 lugs for Camaro Ummmmm no...I have now been waiting over 3 weeks for another rear set to be sent out
That sucks, I ordered mine from Jim through Ohio Speed and had no problems. If it makes you feel any better I had to wait about 2 months to get my throttle body back.
__________________
kjkjr27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 10:14 AM   #386
pierre777
HT5 COTW 9/3/2012
 
pierre777's Avatar
 
Drives: Cyber Bullet
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: lebanon
Posts: 4,584
Send a message via Skype™ to pierre777
I hope they don't send mine wrong ,i'm on the other side of the planet and sending them back for replacement will cost me a fortune and 3 months maybe.
__________________
pierre777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 10:15 AM   #387
menendez1293
Emerald Coast Camaros
 
menendez1293's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Camaro 2LT/RS M6
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Tallahassee FL
Posts: 9,662
They look Great. Almost wish i painted my Hats with some Black paint. The reason why i didn't order the R1 rotors that have the black Electro plating was because they cost about 130 more. They are made from a different compound that is meant to deliver slightly better braking but since I'm not ever tracking the car i couldn't ration the other 130.

But for a solution to get the rears to rotate freely you could leave the Transmission in neutral and use the E-brake to hold the car while your lifting and release it once its up in the air and just be sure to engage it back when you lower it. Since i have a manual i was able to just put it in neutral right once it was in the air.
__________________
Proud owner of litho #179 Click Picture for Build Thread
menendez1293 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 10:21 AM   #388
kjkjr27
COTW 9/16/13
 
kjkjr27's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 2LT/RS Camaro IOM
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Syracuse
Posts: 10,068
Quote:
Originally Posted by pierre777 View Post
I hope they don't send mine wrong ,i'm on the other side of the planet and sending them back for replacement will cost me a fortune and 3 months maybe.
Yea that would suck!

Quote:
Originally Posted by menendez1293 View Post
They look Great. Almost wish i painted my Hats with some Black paint. The reason why i didn't order the R1 rotors that have the black Electro plating was because they cost about 130 more. They are made from a different compound that is meant to deliver slightly better braking but since I'm not ever tracking the car i couldn't ration the other 130.

But for a solution to get the rears to rotate freely you could leave the Transmission in neutral and use the E-brake to hold the car while your lifting and release it once its up in the air and just be sure to engage it back when you lower it. Since i have a manual i was able to just put it in neutral right once it was in the air.
Why didn't I think of that? Haha. You installed the HPS pads too right? Did you have any trouble getting them to fit over your rotors?
__________________
kjkjr27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 10:25 AM   #389
menendez1293
Emerald Coast Camaros
 
menendez1293's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Camaro 2LT/RS M6
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Tallahassee FL
Posts: 9,662
Quote:
Originally Posted by kjkjr27 View Post
Yea that would suck!



Why didn't I think of that? Haha. You installed the HPS pads too right? Did you have any trouble getting them to fit over your rotors?
I had no problems. The tool that I have to push back the pistons inside the calipers wasn't long enough so I got another socket stuck it inside the chamber and used it as an extension to push it back. For me the fronts where more difficult than the rears. But all four corners came right off for me. Granted I have very little miles but they all just slipped right off. Let me know if you need any other tips for the install. I'm glad to help out
__________________
Proud owner of litho #179 Click Picture for Build Thread
menendez1293 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 02:57 PM   #390
kjkjr27
COTW 9/16/13
 
kjkjr27's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 2LT/RS Camaro IOM
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Syracuse
Posts: 10,068
Quote:
Originally Posted by menendez1293 View Post
I had no problems. The tool that I have to push back the pistons inside the calipers wasn't long enough so I got another socket stuck it inside the chamber and used it as an extension to push it back. For me the fronts where more difficult than the rears. But all four corners came right off for me. Granted I have very little miles but they all just slipped right off. Let me know if you need any other tips for the install. I'm glad to help out
Hmm yea I'll have to go out and buy that tool and some WD-40 and tackle it again maybe?

Update:

So over the winter after countless tries at painting my front bowtie it came out the way I wanted and I got it installed today. That front bowtie really is a pain to take off wtf...Getting close to "de-chroming" the outside of my car lol (just gotta plasti-dip the side letters, replace the rear bowtie and pain the RS badges, and swap to the black gorilla acorn locks) I also switched out my Rx breather for one I bought that came with a black filter though it would hide any oil better.

Bowtie Before:


Bowtie After:




Black Rx Breather Filter:

(sorry the engine bay is a lil dirty)


Also stopped by a vinyl place today and got a quote to install the NS-1 Stripes so next Wednesday I am getting them installed!!!!!! Can't wait!
__________________
kjkjr27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 05:35 PM   #391
menendez1293
Emerald Coast Camaros
 
menendez1293's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Camaro 2LT/RS M6
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Tallahassee FL
Posts: 9,662
Quote:
Originally Posted by kjkjr27 View Post
Hmm yea I'll have to go out and buy that tool and some WD-40 and tackle it again maybe?

Update:

So over the winter after countless tries at painting my front bowtie it came out the way I wanted and I got it installed today. That front bowtie really is a pain to take off wtf...Getting close to "de-chroming" the outside of my car lol (just gotta plasti-dip the side letters, replace the rear bowtie and pain the RS badges, and swap to the black gorilla acorn locks) I also switched out my Rx breather for one I bought that came with a black filter though it would hide any oil better.

Bowtie Before:


Bowtie After:




Black Rx Breather Filter:

(sorry the engine bay is a lil dirty)


Also stopped by a vinyl place today and got a quote to install the NS-1 Stripes so next Wednesday I am getting them installed!!!!!! Can't wait!
The new Bowtie looks great. But do you not think you will have any issues with paint fade when you go to pull the Factory stripes off?
__________________
Proud owner of litho #179 Click Picture for Build Thread
menendez1293 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 05:53 PM   #392
kjkjr27
COTW 9/16/13
 
kjkjr27's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 2LT/RS Camaro IOM
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Syracuse
Posts: 10,068
Quote:
Originally Posted by menendez1293 View Post
The new Bowtie looks great. But do you not think you will have any issues with paint fade when you go to pull the Factory stripes off?
Yea I thought about that and was talking to the people who are gonna do the stripe install. They think it should be fine but it def is something I am worried about. Guess I'll find out when they get installed .
__________________
kjkjr27 is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Reply

Tags
12secbuild

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
[COTW 3/21/11]: "MAC" GB EB Member Car Journals 172 03-27-2014 06:50 PM
SlowSS's Build Thread SlowSS Member Car Journals 47 03-01-2014 11:20 AM
HOW MUCH $$$ HAS CAMARO5 COST YOU? GB EB 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions 117 02-18-2013 11:10 AM
[COTW 11/29/10]: My 2011 IOM 2SS/RS's journey lock Member Car Journals 66 06-08-2012 09:34 PM
Blake's unique IOM LED Crazy Member Car Journals 9 06-02-2011 12:49 AM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:54 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.