Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com
 
Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetic Maintenance: Washing, Waxing, Detailing, Bodywork, Protection

Cosmetic Maintenance: Washing, Waxing, Detailing, Bodywork, Protection Anything related to keeping your Camaro clean and in good cosmetic condition.

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 04-06-2013, 11:23 PM   #326
Junkman2008
"Detailing Devil Dog"
 
Junkman2008's Avatar
 
Drives: 2001 Corvette Coupe
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Louisville, KY
Posts: 2,734
Quote:
Originally Posted by WiSSDiver View Post
My bad.

Here ya go
Hey, that's a brutha' in his garage with WiSSDiver!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blau camaro View Post
Good to see you AJ here on the Camaro 5.
Thanks! Glad to be here.
__________________
"Marines - Making the other guy die for his country for over 200 years."


Junkman2008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2013, 08:08 AM   #327
WiSSDiver

 
WiSSDiver's Avatar
 
Drives: 1968 Coupe, 2010 2SS
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: WIsconsin
Posts: 1,243
That was a great trip AJ, topped off by an even greater dinner and company. Kids still talk about it and are pulling for Louisville in the championship game.
__________________
WiSSDiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2013, 09:10 AM   #328
Junkman2008
"Detailing Devil Dog"
 
Junkman2008's Avatar
 
Drives: 2001 Corvette Coupe
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Louisville, KY
Posts: 2,734
Quote:
Originally Posted by WiSSDiver View Post
That was a great trip AJ, topped off by an even greater dinner and company. Kids still talk about it and are pulling for Louisville in the championship game.
The feeling is mutual. It gets no better than good company and good food.
__________________
"Marines - Making the other guy die for his country for over 200 years."


Junkman2008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2013, 09:24 AM   #329
JWMotoring
 
JWMotoring's Avatar
 
Drives: SS Camaro
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Oklahoma City
Posts: 2,411
Send a message via Yahoo to JWMotoring
Good tips AJ. I'll use some of these for polishing my C5. The work never ends with this thing!
JWMotoring is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2013, 09:45 AM   #330
Junkman2008
"Detailing Devil Dog"
 
Junkman2008's Avatar
 
Drives: 2001 Corvette Coupe
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Louisville, KY
Posts: 2,734
Quote:
Originally Posted by JWMotoring View Post
Good tips AJ. I'll use some of these for polishing my C5. The work never ends with this thing!
It never does man, it never does!
__________________
"Marines - Making the other guy die for his country for over 200 years."


Junkman2008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 06:40 PM   #331
MBS

 
MBS's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 rs 2lt
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: wisconsin
Posts: 1,703
Quote:
Originally Posted by WiSSDiver View Post
MBS, any time you want to hook talk Camaro's and detail stuff, let me know. I'm a lot closer than AJ, but I think he'll give you my blessings. ;o) I'm in West Allis, near New Berlin. LMK

Besides, then I can show the pic of him and I in the "brutha's garage!"
Sounds good , I drive down there from the fox valley all the time , Do you have a detail shop down there? excuse me for not knowing
MBS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 07:42 PM   #332
WiSSDiver

 
WiSSDiver's Avatar
 
Drives: 1968 Coupe, 2010 2SS
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: WIsconsin
Posts: 1,243
Nope. Just my drive way. I'm a desk jockey the rest of the week.
__________________
WiSSDiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 05:00 PM   #333
MBS

 
MBS's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 rs 2lt
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: wisconsin
Posts: 1,703
Quote:
Originally Posted by WiSSDiver View Post
Nope. Just my drive way. I'm a desk jockey the rest of the week.
Ok , Hey what kind of wax do you use ?
MBS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 10:19 AM   #334
WiSSDiver

 
WiSSDiver's Avatar
 
Drives: 1968 Coupe, 2010 2SS
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: WIsconsin
Posts: 1,243
Adam's American on the Yellow 2010 and Adam's Buttery Wax on the 68. 68 is a garage beauty so she doesn't get out much.
__________________
WiSSDiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013, 10:08 AM   #335
Monchy36
ZLT!!! COTW (8/5/13)
 
Drives: 2011 IOM 1LT RS M6
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Slatington, PA
Posts: 4,657
Junkman! 4 dumb questions... 1) I know this can't be done in one day, so every time that I'm going to continue fixing the paint do I need to clay before? 2) even my car is new I have to do everything? Use both compound? I was reading your other thread you did and you point to one person that because he's paint was new he didn't need to do all the steps... 3) best wax to maintain the Polish gain? Other product beside Adams... And 4) what detail spray do? How often I can use it? I know you don't like people asking stupid question so apologize ahead...
Monchy36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013, 10:47 AM   #336
Junkman2008
"Detailing Devil Dog"
 
Junkman2008's Avatar
 
Drives: 2001 Corvette Coupe
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Louisville, KY
Posts: 2,734
Quote:
Originally Posted by Monchy36 View Post
Junkman! 4 dumb questions... 1) I know this can't be done in one day, so every time that I'm going to continue fixing the paint do I need to clay before? 2) even my car is new I have to do everything? Use both compound? I was reading your other thread you did and you point to one person that because he's paint was new he didn't need to do all the steps... 3) best wax to maintain the Polish gain? Other product beside Adams... And 4) what detail spray do? How often I can use it? I know you don't like people asking stupid question so apologize ahead...
Your questions are not stupid. No questions are. But here's the deal. The questions that you are asking show that you haven't watch the videos in this thread in their entirety. It almost sounds like you either skipped through them or watched them on your phone, where the very important annotations do not show. So which is it, have you watched the videos in this thread in their entirety?
__________________
"Marines - Making the other guy die for his country for over 200 years."


Junkman2008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013, 12:10 PM   #337
Monchy36
ZLT!!! COTW (8/5/13)
 
Drives: 2011 IOM 1LT RS M6
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Slatington, PA
Posts: 4,657
Quote:
Originally Posted by Junkman2008 View Post
Your questions are not stupid. No questions are. But here's the deal. The questions that you are asking show that you haven't watch the videos in this thread in their entirety. It almost sounds like you either skipped through them or watched them on your phone, where the very important annotations do not show. So which is it, have you watched the videos in this thread in their entirety?
Yes watch the videos but in my phone... didn't know there notes too... ok sensei! Let me watch them on my PC and if I still have questions I'm come back here...
Monchy36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013, 02:14 PM   #338
RayZ28
So-Cal Camaro Invasion
 
RayZ28's Avatar
 
Drives: Autobot
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Tha Valley
Posts: 688
today on the freeway some smart guy decided to break some part of his car and pieces scattered everywhere.. one of them some type of plastic about 8'' long right into the front-left bumper.. i checked it out and yeah its a nice little scrape mostly dirt but after clearing up the dirt still litlle scuffs left behind.. whats the best approach to this.. doesnt seem like a whole restoration project is needed but does that ''Duplicolor/Paint Scratch & Fix Tube'' actually work good for something like this..?
RayZ28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013, 05:44 PM   #339
Junkman2008
"Detailing Devil Dog"
 
Junkman2008's Avatar
 
Drives: 2001 Corvette Coupe
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Louisville, KY
Posts: 2,734
Quote:
Originally Posted by Monchy36 View Post
Yes watch the videos but in my phone... didn't know there notes too... ok sensei! Let me watch them on my PC and if I still have questions I'm come back here...
Make sure you take a lot of notes and don't skip through anything. Like I say in the videos, if you ask a question about something that I already covered in the videos, I'm just going to tell you to watch the videos again. So make your 2-hour ordeal worth the experience.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RayZ28 View Post
today on the freeway some smart guy decided to break some part of his car and pieces scattered everywhere.. one of them some type of plastic about 8'' long right into the front-left bumper.. i checked it out and yeah its a nice little scrape mostly dirt but after clearing up the dirt still litlle scuffs left behind.. whats the best approach to this.. doesnt seem like a whole restoration project is needed but does that ''Duplicolor/Paint Scratch & Fix Tube'' actually work good for something like this..?
You need to just pull up to a body or detail shop and let them fix it for you. It takes about 5 minutes to fix and you won't have to worry about buying worthless OTC products. If you want to fix it yourself, watch the videos but it would be cheaper for you just to stand and watch a guy remove that damage rather instantly. It's that simple to fix.
__________________
"Marines - Making the other guy die for his country for over 200 years."


Junkman2008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013, 05:51 PM   #340
RayZ28
So-Cal Camaro Invasion
 
RayZ28's Avatar
 
Drives: Autobot
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Tha Valley
Posts: 688
Quote:
Originally Posted by Junkman2008 View Post
You need to just pull up to a body or detail shop and let them fix it for you. It takes about 5 minutes to fix and you won't have to worry about buying worthless OTC products. If you want to fix it yourself, watch the videos but it would be cheaper for you just to stand and watch a guy remove that damage rather instantly. It's that simple to fix.
didnt even think about this option... i just figured body shops would stick me for some heavy cash even for little scuffs here and there.. but i shall roll into a shop this weekend and see what the verdict is on that.. ty good sir..
RayZ28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013, 06:03 PM   #341
Junkman2008
"Detailing Devil Dog"
 
Junkman2008's Avatar
 
Drives: 2001 Corvette Coupe
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Louisville, KY
Posts: 2,734
Quote:
Originally Posted by RayZ28 View Post
didnt even think about this option... i just figured body shops would stick me for some heavy cash even for little scuffs here and there.. but i shall roll into a shop this weekend and see what the verdict is on that.. ty good sir..
If someone can't fix that in 5 minutes (10 minutes if he's high on weed), go somewhere else. I would fix it and charge you nothing if you rolled up to my garage. I'd say 10-15 bucks TOPS at a shop or detail place. You don't need to drop your car off. It's a 5 minutes fix.
__________________
"Marines - Making the other guy die for his country for over 200 years."


Junkman2008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2013, 11:36 AM   #342
Rangore

 
Rangore's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Camaro 2LT Cyber Gray
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Minnesota
Posts: 2,013
Thanks!!!!!! I'm a noob to this.....can't say it enough....thanks!!!
__________________
Current: 2010 Camaro 2LT - Current Mods: EGA on left and right windows - Solo CAT Back - Black CAI - Black Carbon Fiber Bow-tie Vinyl - Switchback LED Turn Signal bulbs - HOD Headlight bulbs - Aqua interior LED bulb - Phoenix Gold iAMP-GM1 sub box w/amp, Lorenzo WL27 wheels
No longer owned: 1993 Camaro Z-28
Rangore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2013, 11:42 AM   #343
Junkman2008
"Detailing Devil Dog"
 
Junkman2008's Avatar
 
Drives: 2001 Corvette Coupe
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Louisville, KY
Posts: 2,734
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rangore View Post
Thanks!!!!!! I'm a noob to this.....can't say it enough....thanks!!!
Glad you found it useful. Now watch the entire series twice and see how much information that you missed the first time through. EVERYONE does, especially the noobs.
__________________
"Marines - Making the other guy die for his country for over 200 years."


Junkman2008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2013, 05:39 PM   #344
Colonel
 
Drives: 2013 Camaro SS
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Rochester, NY
Posts: 85
How to remove water spots

I washed my new Camaro in the sun and now have dried water spots.
How can I remove them.
Colonel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2013, 06:50 PM   #345
Jeffm
ICANHAZ
 
Jeffm's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 CRT 1SS/RS
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Skiatook, Ok
Posts: 967
stop doing that,

Always wash in the shade or when the sun is not up.
Jeffm is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2013, 09:20 PM   #346
Junkman2008
"Detailing Devil Dog"
 
Junkman2008's Avatar
 
Drives: 2001 Corvette Coupe
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Louisville, KY
Posts: 2,734
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colonel View Post
I washed my new Camaro in the sun and now have dried water spots.
How can I remove them.
Have you watched all the videos in the first post?
__________________
"Marines - Making the other guy die for his country for over 200 years."


Junkman2008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2013, 06:59 PM   #347
Gruv3451
 
Drives: 2013 2LT/RS
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Overland Park, KS
Posts: 161
Wow........just watched all the videos and even backed some of them up a few times to get the info etched into my memory.

What can I say? If you haven't watched them do so NOW!. He does repeat himself a lot but it's worth it. I learned more in that 2 hours than I've learned probably in my entire life when it comes to repairing paint.

Thank you sir!
Gruv3451 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2013, 05:50 AM   #348
Junkman2008
"Detailing Devil Dog"
 
Junkman2008's Avatar
 
Drives: 2001 Corvette Coupe
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Louisville, KY
Posts: 2,734
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gruv3451 View Post
... He does repeat himself a lot but it's worth it.
With that said, I still get the same questions over and over again about something I repeated 20 times. That's exactly why I repeat myself so often. When someone asks me a question about something that I've already covered in detail within those videos, I have one answer.

Go watch the videos again.
__________________
"Marines - Making the other guy die for his country for over 200 years."


Junkman2008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2013, 04:25 PM   #349
ChadG

 
ChadG's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Black Camaro LS
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Bay Area, CA
Posts: 1,640
Junkman you should make a video of yourself telling people to go back and watch the video and just post the link to it . . .
ChadG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2013, 05:11 PM   #350
Junkman2008
"Detailing Devil Dog"
 
Junkman2008's Avatar
 
Drives: 2001 Corvette Coupe
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Louisville, KY
Posts: 2,734
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChadG View Post
Junkman you should make a video of yourself telling people to go back and watch the video and just post the link to it . . .


Chad, I just might do that!
__________________
"Marines - Making the other guy die for his country for over 200 years."


Junkman2008 is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:36 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.