Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V8 LS3 / L99 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 04-20-2013, 05:35 PM   #15
Nightmare2012
come find out;)

Drives: stockish 2012 camaro ss
I think we could just have to search alil harder haven't found any myself besides the 8-10 rib pulley drives
Nightmare2012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2013, 05:52 PM   #16
ebaugh1990
Permagrin since 2/11/13

Drives: '13 Camaro 1SS/RS L99
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightmare2012 View Post
I think we could just have to search alil harder haven't found any myself besides the 8-10 rib pulley drives
I just love the way it looks. My dad bought a kit like that for his 383 stroker. It cost about $2600 for everything though. To me, I love eye candy, so id do it haha
JBA 3" CAT-BACK Model 40-3114
Cold Air Inductions intake (near-chrome)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9o-6g...ujjgV9wZo9jnXw

Quote:
I agree, my car without cats doesn't smell like rotten eggs, it smells like high octane Bad@ssness emitted through a natural speaker producing "Muscle Car Music"
ebaugh1990 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2013, 06:14 PM   #17
POS Dakota

Drives: GMs and Chryslers
Quote:
Originally Posted by ebaugh1990 View Post
I just love the way it looks. My dad bought a kit like that for his 383 stroker. It cost about $2600 for everything though. To me, I love eye candy, so id do it haha
You like March Stuff?

I am very good friends with them. They dont make a kit for the ls3 camaro, but they do make it for ls3 swaps into older cars. They dont make the damper/crank pulley for us, and there's another reason I forget.

If you're interested in something, go on their facebook page, ask for gregZ and tell them POS Dakota sent you. I dont want to speak for anyone, but it's possible you'll get a deal. And if you are handy you can make everything work.

I have march systems on all my cars except my camaro and mustang. But I eventually will.

If you were to install a 454, beware of all the considerations you have to take. A 454 is heavy, which is bad. You'll need custom made headers, mounts front springs and many things wouldnt work altogether. A swap would be a royal bitch.

The lsx 454 swap is gravy, is a lot lighter and will make more power in the end.
POS Dakota is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2013, 06:21 PM   #18
AG454
I am not "Fast & Furious"

Drives: 2010 Camaro LSX454 1LE
I am not sure there would be room for a setup like that on a LS engine. If you like bling you might want to check out some of the threads on here with guys polishing or painting/coating all the engine hardware and compartment. Nathan Moreno has a epic thread, what he's done is amazing. That Texas speed short block would need some better flowing heads than your stock LS3 heads to live up to it's potential.
Don't wait up 'cause I'll be late, I'll be late

Last edited by AG454; 04-20-2013 at 06:45 PM.
AG454 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2013, 06:38 PM   #19
ebaugh1990
Permagrin since 2/11/13

Quote:
Originally Posted by POS Dakota View Post
You like March Stuff?

I am very good friends with them. They dont make a kit for the ls3 camaro, but they do make it for ls3 swaps into older cars. They dont make the damper/crank pulley for us, and there's another reason I forget.

If you're interested in something, go on their facebook page, ask for gregZ and tell them POS Dakota sent you. I dont want to speak for anyone, but it's possible you'll get a deal. And if you are handy you can make everything work.

I have march systems on all my cars except my camaro and mustang. But I eventually will.

If you were to install a 454, beware of all the considerations you have to take. A 454 is heavy, which is bad. You'll need custom made headers, mounts front springs and many things wouldnt work altogether. A swap would be a royal bitch.

The lsx 454 swap is gravy, is a lot lighter and will make more power in the end.
Thanks for the info, that makes a lot of sense to do the LSX 454

Quote:
Originally Posted by AG383 View Post
I am not sure there would be room for a setup like that on a LS engine. If you like bling you might want to check out some of the threads on here with guys polishing or painting/coating all the engine hardware and compartment. Nathan Moreno has a epic thread, what he's done is amazing. That Texas speed long block would need some better flowing heads than your stock LS3 heads to live up to it's potential.
Sounds good, So should I just go ahead and do the long block? And would the headers for the LS3 match up to the LSX 454?

Quote:
I agree, my car without cats doesn't smell like rotten eggs, it smells like high octane Bad@ssness emitted through a natural speaker producing "Muscle Car Music"
Old 04-20-2013, 06:54 PM   #20
LSX Camaro
Master ASE, GM, LSX Tech.

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Synner View Post
An actual big block would be a 50 year regression in technology and performance. Sleeve an LS if all you want is a cubic inch number.
LSX Camaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2013, 07:10 PM   #21
black79ta

Drives: 79 transam with 582cid dart motor
how much is a sleeved LS? about 20k? you can have a monster bigblock for less than that. if you were going to put a 454ls in, than you would have to do all kinds of drivetrain mods anyway. just sayin.

2010 Camaro (inferno orange, 2SS, RS and such)
cat backs, catch can, CAI on the way
79 Transam, 582 cid dart motor 779hp 315's out back 40spline gdaxles tko tranny
black79ta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2013, 07:14 PM   #22
ebaugh1990
Permagrin since 2/11/13

Quote:
Originally Posted by black79ta View Post
how much is a sleeved LS? about 20k? you can have a monster bigblock for less than that. if you were going to put a 454ls in, than you would have to do all kinds of drivetrain mods anyway. just sayin.
What type of drivetrain mods? I'm not looking for more than 500hp at the wheels. I just want more cubes

Quote:
Old 04-20-2013, 07:35 PM   #23
litle88
V8 Lounge member #2

Drives: 2001 Ws6
Quote:
Originally Posted by black79ta View Post
Umm iirc it's around 3500+ your block.
Plus Trans upgrades
Drivetrain upgrades
Suspension upgrades
Rotating assembly
Heads and valvetrain
Induction
List goes on but your 22 are you serious about this or are you shooting the shit?
2001 ws6, 40k miles, Ls3 416 stroker, short block built by PER the rest by me. LPE Ls3 heads milled to 12-1 comp, FAST 102, NW 102, kooks 2", dual DMH cutouts, Magnaflow C/B, BTR cam + springs. Full UMI suspension.
litle88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2013, 07:41 PM   #24
ebaugh1990
Permagrin since 2/11/13

Quote:
Originally Posted by litle88 View Post
Umm iirc it's around 3500+ your block.
Plus Trans upgrades
Drivetrain upgrades
Suspension upgrades
Rotating assembly
Heads and valvetrain
Induction
List goes on but your 22 are you serious about this or are you shooting the shit?
Honestly serious about it. Also serious about buying the two other muscle cars I want.

I've gotten into a business that deals with financial planning. High yields on profits and even better customer satisfaction so business is slowly but surely taking off. My colleagues have made themselves (we are self employed) enough money and some have retired before the age of 30. That's what I'm shooting for.

In school when I was asked what I want to be when I grow up, I said a truck driver which I am. (I have two jobs)

I also want to work on cars like my dad did. He hand built a lot of his engines, he also had a few muscle cars from the 60s and 70s. I want that for me. American muscle gets my blood flowing and I'm saving up for all of these things and mods I'm talking about. So I'm wanting to make it a reality. I'm asking y'all for info and keeping notes on everything. I'm 110% serious about doing all of this.

It will take time, I'm just not a patient person so I must go through everything before hand and plan everything out. I'm also in the process of adding to our 3 bay shop and closing in our paint booth. I'd like to paint my cars with better paint than comes from the factory these days.

Sorry, I just have out A LOT of thought into all this

Quote:
Old 04-20-2013, 07:53 PM   #25
BAWLZ SS

Drives: '10 Camaro LS3 2SS/RS, 1968 Nova
Must be nice!!
Performance- Kooks Headers w/HF cats, ZL1 Corsa exhaust, VMax, CAI Inc. CAI, MGW shifter, RX CC Suspension - KW V3 Coilovers/ Full PFADT & BMR suspension Appearance - ZL1 Fascia/Sides/ Diffuser, AAC Afterburners, RK Sport 3pc Spoiler, SLP Black out Kit
BAWLZ SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2013, 07:58 PM   #26
ebaugh1990
Permagrin since 2/11/13

Quote:
Originally Posted by BAWLZ SS View Post
Must be nice!!
Haha, lots of hard work.

Im not making any money with it just yet. Im just doing it part time. Once I get my business licensing, ill start making roughly $2k extra a month. Then when I get comfortable with the business and go full time is when I'll quit my truck driving job.

But, anyway, yes, I hope to be self employed. I want to be able to Do what Ive been talking about, just say hey, I want a 454 in my camaro, then go and make it happen a few days later.

Quote:
Old 04-20-2013, 08:23 PM   #27
BAWLZ SS

Drives: '10 Camaro LS3 2SS/RS, 1968 Nova
Quote:
Originally Posted by ebaugh1990 View Post
Haha, lots of hard work.

Im not making any money with it just yet. Im just doing it part time. Once I get my business licensing, ill start making roughly $2k extra a month. Then when I get comfortable with the business and go full time is when I'll quit my truck driving job.

But, anyway, yes, I hope to be self employed. I want to be able to Do what Ive been talking about, just say hey, I want a 454 in my camaro, then go and make it happen a few days later.
LOL mee too! One day! wish u the best of luck on ur business!!
Performance- Kooks Headers w/HF cats, ZL1 Corsa exhaust, VMax, CAI Inc. CAI, MGW shifter, RX CC Suspension - KW V3 Coilovers/ Full PFADT & BMR suspension Appearance - ZL1 Fascia/Sides/ Diffuser, AAC Afterburners, RK Sport 3pc Spoiler, SLP Black out Kit
BAWLZ SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2013, 08:27 PM   #28
ebaugh1990
Permagrin since 2/11/13

Quote:
Originally Posted by BAWLZ SS View Post
LOL mee too! One day! wish u the best of luck on ur business!!
Thanks man. I hope it works out

Quote: