Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com
 
HURST
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V6 LLT Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons


Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 04-18-2013, 08:59 AM   #295
AKA-22

 
AKA-22's Avatar
 
Drives: ELLE-1
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Farmington ,mo
Posts: 1,174
sub
__________________
AKA-22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013, 08:32 PM   #296
Airmaster
Go Gators!
 
Airmaster's Avatar
 
Drives: '13 Camaro and '97 Wrangler
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Gainesville, FL
Posts: 818
Nice new write up! Looks professional and organized.

Would be awesome to do the same for the LFX subforum. While the current threads are a great resource the layout and mods could be updated. I do understand it is a lot of work, so kudos!

BTW I reopened an old thread on the underdrive pulley, would love to know more info on it!
__________________
Airmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2013, 04:46 AM   #297
rtcat600man
having FUN now 13.66@101
 
rtcat600man's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 2LT IOM
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Clarkston, Michigan
Posts: 8,954
Quote:
Originally Posted by camaro_RS View Post
Awesome thread here, guys!! Nicely done.

Thank - you. Wasn't my idea, but I was willing to bring it back to life and re-do the opening post.


Quote:
Originally Posted by AKA-22 View Post
sub

AWESOME.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Airmaster View Post
Nice new write up! Looks professional and organized.

Would be awesome to do the same for the LFX subforum. While the current threads are a great resource the layout and mods could be updated. I do understand it is a lot of work, so kudos!

BTW I reopened an old thread on the underdrive pulley, would love to know more info on it!

Thank - you. Wasn't my idea, but I was willing to bring it back to life and re-do the opening post.


The LFX section does have one similiar. I just didn't include venodros and prices, but did place a write-up for the mods.


Only 1 person I know of running the pulley.

67GTO. Contact him.
__________________
rtcat600man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2013, 05:38 PM   #298
dennisbernal91z
 
Drives: 2013 Camaro 1LT
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Dedham, MA
Posts: 11
Great thread, getting my 1lt this week. This gives me some great ideas
dennisbernal91z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2013, 01:12 PM   #299
menendez1293
Emerald Coast Camaros
 
menendez1293's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Camaro 2LT/RS M6
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Tallahassee FL
Posts: 9,662
Hey RT just a heads up the price on the IPF tune has dropped. Its 350 for stock and 399 with bolt ons when I talked to Andy a few weeks ago.
__________________
Proud owner of litho #179 Click Picture for Build Thread
menendez1293 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2013, 08:52 PM   #300
rtcat600man
having FUN now 13.66@101
 
rtcat600man's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 2LT IOM
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Clarkston, Michigan
Posts: 8,954
Quote:
Originally Posted by menendez1293 View Post
Hey RT just a heads up the price on the IPF tune has dropped. Its 350 for stock and 399 with bolt ons when I talked to Andy a few weeks ago.
Thanks for the update, I will go change the info.
__________________
rtcat600man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2013, 12:32 PM   #301
KMPrenger


 
KMPrenger's Avatar
 
Drives: 16 SS Camaro, 06 Colorado
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Jefferson City, Missouri
Posts: 12,069
Quote:
Originally Posted by menendez1293 View Post
Hey RT just a heads up the price on the IPF tune has dropped. Its 350 for stock and 399 with bolt ons when I talked to Andy a few weeks ago.
Holy cow.

Thats a nice drop if 399 does cover full bolt ons. Is this their going rate, or a deal Andy just offered you?
__________________
2016 Camaro 1SS - 8-speed - NPP - Black bowties
2010 Camaro 1LT V6 (Sold. I will miss her!)
KMPrenger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2013, 12:40 PM   #302
menendez1293
Emerald Coast Camaros
 
menendez1293's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Camaro 2LT/RS M6
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Tallahassee FL
Posts: 9,662
Quote:
Originally Posted by KMPrenger View Post
Holy cow.

Thats a nice drop if 399 does cover full bolt ons. Is this their going rate, or a deal Andy just offered you?
From what they said in the V6 lounge that is now there going rate. But it does not include the tuning module. Which you can rent or buy. I personally would like to buy it and it would be another 200 for it.
__________________
Proud owner of litho #179 Click Picture for Build Thread
menendez1293 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2013, 11:16 PM   #303
CamaroLS

 
CamaroLS's Avatar
 
Drives: 2014 Blue Ray Met. Camaro 1SS Vert
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Indiana
Posts: 1,512
Thanks for the info.
CamaroLS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2013, 08:26 AM   #304
anthonylopez
 
anthonylopez's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 white Camaro v6
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: buena park California
Posts: 34
Talking

This helps a lot time to start saving! Thanks again
anthonylopez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2013, 01:36 AM   #305
2013nightcrawler
Bruno Sales
 
2013nightcrawler's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 1LS Camaro LFX M6
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: south florida
Posts: 22
Wont an exhaust help a bit on performance?
2013nightcrawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2014, 10:06 AM   #306
RJ333
 
RJ333's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Camaro v6
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Manor,Tx
Posts: 9
upgrade question

Hey guys I'm new to Camaro 5....I own a 2010 v6 for just over a year I've added the MRT v2 exhaust which I love ...I'm adding injen power flo cai, vmax black iceolator and ported throttle body..I'm just wondering how more power will I see or feel when driving after my install.
RJ333 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2014, 10:42 AM   #307
rtcat600man
having FUN now 13.66@101
 
rtcat600man's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 2LT IOM
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Clarkston, Michigan
Posts: 8,954
Quote:
Originally Posted by RJ333 View Post
Hey guys I'm new to Camaro 5....I own a 2010 v6 for just over a year I've added the MRT v2 exhaust which I love ...I'm adding injen power flo cai, vmax black iceolator and ported throttle body..I'm just wondering how more power will I see or feel when driving after my install.

Welcome to Camaro5.

I have all the same mods you are adding plus a few more.

A stock V6 was rated at 312 HP. After your mods, you will be closer to 330.

The injen is worth approx. 18 hp
The MRT's is worth maybe 3 - 5 hp but is really more for the enjoyment of sound.
The Iceolator is worth at best 7 hp at the top end, but does wonders in the mid range.
The throttle body is maybe another 7 hp at the top end, but certainly helps with throttle response.

Keep in mind you cannot add this together (that is called ricer math and does not add up directly).

However I like to add them and use approx 50% as a good number.

So I would estimate your new HP at the crank to be approx. 330 hp

This would be helpful in the 1/4 mile of approx. 0.3 of a second.

One thing for sure, this set-up (which I did have at one time before adding my LT headers) will sound GREAT and you will feel the difference too.
__________________
rtcat600man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2014, 10:51 AM   #308
scrming
Red Brick of Vengeance!
 
scrming's Avatar
 
Drives: 12 Second Brick
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: at my pulpit
Posts: 7,745
Quote:
Originally Posted by rtcat600man View Post
Welcome to Camaro5.

I have all the same mods you are adding plus a few more.

A stock V6 was rated at 312 HP. After your mods, you will be closer to 330.

The injen is worth approx. 18 hp
The MRT's is worth maybe 3 - 5 hp but is really more for the enjoyment of sound.
The Iceolator is worth at best 7 hp at the top end, but does wonders in the mid range.
The throttle body is maybe another 7 hp at the top end, but certainly helps with throttle response.

Keep in mind you cannot add this together (that is called ricer math and does not add up directly).

However I like to add them and use approx 50% as a good number.

So I would estimate your new HP at the crank to be approx. 330 hp

This would be helpful in the 1/4 mile of approx. 0.3 of a second.

One thing for sure, this set-up (which I did have at one time before adding my LT headers) will sound GREAT and you will feel the difference too.
One thing also to point out... with his setup he should get a more consistent power output! He definitely has helped out reducing the impact of heat soak!
scrming is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Camaro Laws ChevyNut Off-topic Discussions 102 06-06-2011 10:34 PM
Official Camaro Convertible CONCEPT Press Release Tran Camaro Convertible Forum 12 11-18-2009 07:05 PM
Fesler-Moss Camaro Announced swchopper 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions 72 05-07-2009 09:40 AM
Camaro Accessories from SEMA FenwickHockey65 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions 1 11-03-2008 02:25 PM
Q&A with fbodfather (Scott Settlemire) regarding upcoming Camaro JustinZS 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions 22 05-20-2008 07:48 PM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:50 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.