Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com
 
Grabiak Performance Center
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Photos | Spyshots | Video | Media Gallery

Camaro Photos | Spyshots | Video | Media Gallery All Camaro related pictures, videos and other assorted media.

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 04-24-2013, 04:05 PM   #51
Macky
 
Macky's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 2SS/RS Rally Yellow
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Natchitoches, LA
Posts: 597
Tint does look different on bright colored cars than dark colored cars. Mine is 20% rear and quarters and front band, and 35% on the side windows. I love the way it looks on yellow.
Attached Images
    
__________________
Drives 2011 Rally Yellow Camaro 2SS/RS M6; 2009 Chevy Silverado; 1988 GMC Jimmy

Macky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 04:52 PM   #52
RickRay
INJACC
 
RickRay's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 CGM 2LT/RS AUTO
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Montreal (South Shore)Quebec, Canada
Posts: 5,770
Quote:
Originally Posted by angie7 View Post
I don't think so. Mine had zero tint, glass or otherwise when I got it. It was 100% see through
Look at all the windows except the windshield & check the lettering it says 70% = Lets in the light...
__________________
RickRay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 05:02 PM   #53
tbis
 
tbis's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 Camaro 2LS
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: NOVA
Posts: 486
Quote:
Originally Posted by RickRay View Post
Remember the Camaros are already factory tinted at 30%......
Wrong factory tint let's way more than 30% of light in. You probably have your numbers backwards.

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk 2
__________________

2013 2LS aka "ZLS"
Mrt v2 exhaust, vmaxx ported throttle body, K&N Typhoon Cold Air intake, IPF Tune, Elite Catch Can, Havoc Wheels, GM GFX, ZL1 front bumper.

first mod show n go license plate https://vine.co/v/b0KlWP1Zpgp
tbis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 06:04 PM   #54
321 CYA
 
Drives: 2013 Rally Yellow Camaro 2SS/RS
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Central, PA
Posts: 60
Mine is at 20% on all 5 widows none on the front. I like it but kind of wish I would of went with about 30%. It is a little dark for my liking at night, but my car will not be driven to much at night any way.

321 CYA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 06:59 PM   #55
RickRay
INJACC
 
RickRay's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 CGM 2LT/RS AUTO
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Montreal (South Shore)Quebec, Canada
Posts: 5,770
Quote:
Originally Posted by RickRay View Post
Look at all the windows except the windshield & check the lettering it says 70% = Lets in the light...
Quote:
Originally Posted by tbis View Post
Wrong factory tint let's way more than 30% of light in. You probably have your numbers backwards.

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk 2
Yes your right,,,
__________________
RickRay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 07:59 PM   #56
TRC-SS
TIM "COTW 2-25-13"
 
TRC-SS's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 SuperCharged 567RWHP SS/RS LS3
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Shrewsbury Massachusetts
Posts: 4,597
I did 5% all around over the factory 70%. So its essentally 2%









__________________
View Build HERE>>>>>MY 2011 2SS/RS JOURNAL
TRC-SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 08:12 PM   #57
MikeOD

 
Drives: 2010 M6 2SS
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Manchester, CT
Posts: 1,153
The stock tint measures 75%, I put 50% on my car and it measures right at 37-38%, legal limit for me is 35...I wanted it darker, but I want to be hassled even less.
__________________

2010 Camaro SS M6. Heads/Cam/Intake/Headers/Exhaust/Suspension
MikeOD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 04:33 AM   #58
s1k0

 
s1k0's Avatar
 
Drives: Corvette C6
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: SoCal San Diego
Posts: 1,222
I had 5% on the back and 30% on the fronts, got pulled over. Removed and installed 15% and got pulled over last week after a year. Removed and installed 5% all around except the front windshield. I wanted to go 30% on the front windshield but I'm worried.Will post pictures.
__________________
....Oh yeah and A CIA Inc.

Sold It..
s1k0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 05:48 AM   #59
RickRay
INJACC
 
RickRay's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 CGM 2LT/RS AUTO
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Montreal (South Shore)Quebec, Canada
Posts: 5,770
Quote:
Originally Posted by s1k0 View Post
I had 5% on the back and 30% on the fronts, got pulled over. Removed and installed 15% and got pulled over last week after a year. Removed and installed 5% all around except the front windshield. I wanted to go 30% on the front windshield but I'm worried.Will post pictures.
HOW DARK CAN WINDOW TINT BE IN CALIFORNIA?


Darkness of tint is measured by Visible Light Transmission percentage (VLT%). In California, this percentage refers to percentage of visible light allowed in through the combination of film and the window.
  • Windshield | Non-reflective tint is allowed on the top 4 inches of the windshield.
  • Front Side Windows | Must allow more than 70% of light in.
  • Back Side Windows | Any darkness can be used.
  • Rear Window | Any darkness can be used.
Windows behind the driver can be as dark as a vehicle owner desires. But the windshield must be clear. And the front side windows -- on both the driver's and passenger sides -- must allow at least 70 percent of light to penetrate into the vehicle.
Auto manufacturers make cars with a light tint because federal rules mandate a minimum of 70 percent of light get through.(like our Camaros)

Also cops enforce California's tint law the way they do the speed limit: They let people slide up to a point.

Also found this for the USA guys:
http://www.tintlaws.com/


Andfound this for the CDN guys:
http://solcontrol.ca/tint_law_chart.php
__________________

Last edited by RickRay; 04-25-2013 at 06:04 AM.
RickRay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 06:44 AM   #60
s1k0

 
s1k0's Avatar
 
Drives: Corvette C6
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: SoCal San Diego
Posts: 1,222
Quote:
Originally Posted by RickRay View Post
HOW DARK CAN WINDOW TINT BE IN CALIFORNIA?


Darkness of tint is measured by Visible Light Transmission percentage (VLT%). In California, this percentage refers to percentage of visible light allowed in through the combination of film and the window.
  • Windshield | Non-reflective tint is allowed on the top 4 inches of the windshield.
  • Front Side Windows | Must allow more than 70% of light in.
  • Back Side Windows | Any darkness can be used.
  • Rear Window | Any darkness can be used.
Windows behind the driver can be as dark as a vehicle owner desires. But the windshield must be clear. And the front side windows -- on both the driver's and passenger sides -- must allow at least 70 percent of light to penetrate into the vehicle.
Auto manufacturers make cars with a light tint because federal rules mandate a minimum of 70 percent of light get through.(like our Camaros)

Also cops enforce California's tint law the way they do the speed limit: They let people slide up to a point.

Also found this for the USA guys:
http://www.tintlaws.com/


Andfound this for the CDN guys:
http://solcontrol.ca/tint_law_chart.php
Thank you, I know lol.
__________________
....Oh yeah and A CIA Inc.

Sold It..
s1k0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2013, 07:09 PM   #61
JacekPSUr1
2013 1SS in IOM
 
JacekPSUr1's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 1SS
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Lansdale, PA
Posts: 448
You guys need to post more pics :P Any more in IOM?
JacekPSUr1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2013, 10:37 PM   #62
bb040
 
bb040's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 2LT/RS red jewl tintcoat
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Cordova,TN
Posts: 670
mine is 35
Attached Images
  
__________________
bb040 is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:30 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.