Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com
 
JDP Motorsports
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Z/28 Forum - Z/28 Specific Topics

Camaro Z/28 Forum - Z/28 Specific Topics Discussions related to the 5th gen Camaro Z/28 model

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 04-26-2013, 12:17 PM   #201
2cnd chance
It Will Be Mine
 
2cnd chance's Avatar
 
Drives: A Z06 or a 2015 1LE?
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: The Road
Posts: 6,215
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc View Post
Well I guess you're not a Camaro fan. We find it interesting because it's not only the new body style but a reborn Z/28. If it was a video of the 2014 Stingray you'd probably find it less boring.

The fact that it's making corners at the ring look "boring" is a big clue as to how capable a track car this is. Watch the part with that little red truck thing going through that one set of corners and you'll see and hear how a regular production vehicle handles. The fact that the Z/28 looks like it's cruising through that same set while going much faster is very revealing.
Doc, my thoughts exactly.
__________________
2cnd chance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 12:19 PM   #202
90503


 
Drives: 2011 2SS/RS LS3
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Torrance
Posts: 10,299
For sure I don't know what I'm looking at...lol...But my first impression was that the videos were pretty over analyzed without any related info to go with them...
90503 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 12:22 PM   #203
Doc
Dances With Mustangs
 
Doc's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 1SS/RS MT
Join Date: May 2009
Location: California
Posts: 3,583
Quote:
Originally Posted by HumanWiki View Post
I had a 5th gen. With blower, wheels, full suspension, exhaust, dual fuel systems, etc. I love it. Just because I have a dissenting opinion, I'm a non-Camaro fan? God you people really do have identity issues when someone makes a negative comment. It's like your self-worth revolves around what others think of your platform.

http://a.yfrog.com/img29/7935/xxmavv...whdbqrdaii.mp4

This one was better -- even though it's sideways and equally short.

This is also my first Corvette in my life. I had two 4th gen Trans Ams, an '05 GTO, a Steeda GT, Z71, and a C1500 Pickup with a fully built motor, trans, etc.

I do like the new Stingray and I would have made the same comments on it as well.
So I'm supposed to know your entire car ownership history just because you posted in here? I assumed from your avatar and info that you were a vette guy which was a perfectly reasonable assumption considering I know nothing about you other than the first posts I read from you where you're saying how boring the new Z/28 appears to be. That kind of comment leads one to think you're a hardcore vette guy and not a Camaro fan.

You're in a Camaro forum and specifically in the Z/28 section, and if you read through this particular thread you should have already figured out the enthusiasm we fans have of the Z/28. It has nothing to do with our "identities" or "self-worth". We're excited about this car and might find it perhaps a bit odd that someone who isn't, took the time to find and participate in such a dedicated forum thread.

If you like Camaros then stay tuned. There will be more videos surfacing soon I'm sure and we'll see better and better examples of what this car will sound like and be able to do.
__________________

Blue Angel is here!!
1SS/RS LS3 M6 IBM
Doc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 12:23 PM   #204
gorgeous-ss
 
Drives: 2011 ss/rs
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: illinois
Posts: 296
I also agree that the video could have been better and the exhaust note is a little sad for the motor... definitely would need some exhaust work if I was to get one

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2
gorgeous-ss is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 12:27 PM   #205
HumanWiki
Former 5th Gen owner
 
HumanWiki's Avatar
 
Drives: 2012 IOM Grand Sport 4LT
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Chicago, IL
Posts: 2,295
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc View Post
So I'm supposed to know your entire car ownership history just because you posted in here? I assumed from your avatar and info that you were a vette guy which was a perfectly reasonable assumption considering I know nothing about you other than the first posts I read from you where you're saying how boring the new Z/28 appears to be. That kind of comment leads one to think you're a hardcore vette guy and not a Camaro fan.

You're in a Camaro forum and specifically in the Z/28 section, and if you read through this particular thread you should have already figured out the enthusiasm we fans have of the Z/28. It has nothing to do with our "identities" or "self-worth". We're excited about this car and might find it perhaps a bit odd that someone who isn't, took the time to find and participate in such a dedicated forum thread.

If you like Camaros then stay tuned. There will be more videos surfacing soon I'm sure and we'll see better and better examples of what this car will sound like and be able to do.
I'm not surprised you don't really know me or remember any of my years of posts on this site while I was a 5th Gen owner. I followed your posts for some time trying to adapt it to my own car where I could, as I did with many others. I ran the absolute piss out of my 5th gen -- to the point of breaking it many times, in many different ways. I finally got tired of owning the car and felt unhappy about some unposted issues and I sold it for the GS I have now.

I'm not unimpressed with the car. I'm unimpressed with the videos. That's what I'm waiting on. Much better videos actually showcasing this car's true performance abilities.

I don't have the 5th Gen in my sig any longer because the details simply wouldn't fit.

http://s1232.photobucket.com/user/Hu...a92cc.jpg.html
__________________
2012 IOM Grand Sport 4LT Auto
HumanWiki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 12:31 PM   #206
2cnd chance
It Will Be Mine
 
2cnd chance's Avatar
 
Drives: A Z06 or a 2015 1LE?
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: The Road
Posts: 6,215
Gorgeous-SS
Are these videos produced for GM? Or, are they spy videos? I agree they're not so highly produced, but should have no bearing on what we're witnessing. As Doc pointed out a car that tracks well is not full of drama maybe even "boring" to some.
__________________
2cnd chance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 12:36 PM   #207
Jim968
 
Jim968's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 2SS RS
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Ohio
Posts: 288
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2cnd chance View Post
Gorgeous-SS
Are these videos produced for GM? Or, are they spy videos?
Spy video.
Jim968 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 12:54 PM   #208
2cnd chance
It Will Be Mine
 
2cnd chance's Avatar
 
Drives: A Z06 or a 2015 1LE?
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: The Road
Posts: 6,215
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim968 View Post
Spy video.
Thanks, it's what I thought.
__________________
2cnd chance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 01:44 PM   #209
Wolverine
 
Wolverine's Avatar
 
Drives: RX-8
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Behind you!
Posts: 454
Just to refresh people's memories. Some other videos that were posted a few days ago in this thread....



__________________
Wolverine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 02:21 PM   #210
SEVEN-OH JOE
when 6.2 just won't do
 
Drives: some to distraction
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Location: Location:
Posts: 418
It's really pretty difficult to tell much of ANYTHING from a 7 second clip of a 7+ minute lap. It's intended to stir the hearts of those truly enthused. Those who aren't enthused will not likely be impressed, one way or the other, by this clip.

In the earlier clip, the Z/28 pilot was "on it", the ZL1 not so much.

And 3 seconds at Milford means 3 seconds at Milford, on a 1:30 lap. It doesn't necessarily mean 15 seconds at the Ring. Although it might.

"Time" will tell.

So be it.
SEVEN-OH JOE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 02:53 PM   #211
My Caroline

 
My Caroline's Avatar
 
Drives: Black 2011 Camaro LS
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Texas
Posts: 1,630
This Dale fellow spends a lot of time squatting at the ring
__________________
White Fender Hashes from Big Worm Graphix
Custom White Bowties
GM Factory Remote Start and Factory Key Fob
SS Fascia
Factory RS HIDs
Plasma P13W fog lights
Non-RS to RS and fog light harness by Gen5DIY
LED Interior, Trunk, and Licence Plate lights in white
ZL1 Spoiler with Gen5DIY harness
3 inch round cut, rolled exhaust tips
Blacked out tail light bezels
Factory 20 inch wheels, Nitto Motivos
My Caroline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 03:06 PM   #212
Wolverine
 
Wolverine's Avatar
 
Drives: RX-8
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Behind you!
Posts: 454
Actually I think these two videos are from someone else. The thing that I notice from the second video is that tire noise from the Z/28 when cornering is very little. The confusion is when the Z/28 is almost to the trees and you hear loud squealing noise. Which is actually the SUV even before it enters the view of the camera.
__________________
Wolverine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 03:10 PM   #213
ForgedReality
Envy
 
ForgedReality's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 SGM 2SS/RS - Black hood/hockey
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Renton, WA
Posts: 652
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolverine View Post
Actually I think these two videos are from someone else. The thing that I notice from the second video is that tire noise from the Z/28 when cornering is very little. The confusion is when the Z/28 is almost to the trees and you hear loud squealing noise. Which is actually the SUV even before it enters the view of the camera.
SSV*
ForgedReality is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 04:02 PM   #214
Zfatuated

 
Drives: BAC Mono
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Reno
Posts: 864
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolverine View Post
The thing that I notice from the second video is that tire noise from the Z/28 when cornering is very little.
Characteristic of the Pirelli Trofeo tire. They don't make much, if any, noise at the limit. Very gooey and sticky.
Zfatuated is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 08:29 PM   #215
StephenS_84
Account Suspended
 
Drives: 2011 2SS/RS
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Ohio
Posts: 986
I'm not impressed with the video either. No sense in arguing with ppl that just can't handle someone saying anything bad about a camaro.
StephenS_84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 09:00 PM   #216
2cnd chance
It Will Be Mine
 
2cnd chance's Avatar
 
Drives: A Z06 or a 2015 1LE?
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: The Road
Posts: 6,215
Quote:
Originally Posted by StephenS_84 View Post
I'm not impressed with the video either. No sense in arguing with ppl that just can't handle someone

saying anything bad about a camaro.
I thought you were complaining about the video?
__________________
2cnd chance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 09:20 PM   #217
StephenS_84
Account Suspended
 
Drives: 2011 2SS/RS
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Ohio
Posts: 986
I was, but it's funny that most on here act like someone commited a crime if they say anything bad about a camaro. I love the car, but the video is crap.
StephenS_84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 09:55 PM   #218
2cnd chance
It Will Be Mine
 
2cnd chance's Avatar
 
Drives: A Z06 or a 2015 1LE?
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: The Road
Posts: 6,215
I love the 5Gen Camaro. The perfect blend of retro and forward design. However the 2014 changes are...wrong. Unfortunately they will pay a price in lower sales. On the other hand the Z/28 looks great (but I much prefer the 2010-2013 rear)
__________________
2cnd chance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 10:58 PM   #219
Fraxum


 
Fraxum's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 TT IOM 1LE
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: South NJ
Posts: 2,920
Send a message via AIM to Fraxum
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2cnd chance View Post
I love the 5Gen Camaro. The perfect blend of retro and forward design. However the 2014 changes are...wrong. Unfortunately they will pay a price in lower sales. On the other hand the Z/28 looks great (but I much prefer the 2010-2013 rear)
The Z28 looks like a lowered '14 SS to me. Both make the current car look older. And to me the back looks cleaner now. I think everyone will get used to the new look and things will settle down. I wish I could buy a Z28, but I think a 1SS 1LE will be as close as I get. sigh.
__________________

The 1LE Inferno build thread
More Seat Time. Thinking the 1LE is a keeper.
Fraxum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 11:09 PM   #220
Fraxum


 
Fraxum's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 TT IOM 1LE
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: South NJ
Posts: 2,920
Send a message via AIM to Fraxum
Quote:
Originally Posted by StephenS_84 View Post
I'm not impressed with the video either. No sense in arguing with ppl that just can't handle someone saying anything bad about a camaro.
That's not the problem. The problem is when the poster insults the people, not the car. People are excited about the Z28 because we have been told it is even better than the already great ZL1 and 1LE. Here is some evidence.

I think its interesting how the posts in this thread analyzed the short videos. Best thread I read tonight. Every other '14 Camaro thread is full of hate on the details of the styling. And none of the haters have ever seen a '14 in the flesh. "I don't like the tail lights." "They won't sell any of these." "Really glad I have my 2011." Really boring.
__________________

The 1LE Inferno build thread
More Seat Time. Thinking the 1LE is a keeper.
Fraxum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2013, 07:41 AM   #221
OldScoolCamaro


 
Drives: Camaro's, always have, always will.
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Home of the brave
Posts: 4,858
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fraxum View Post
That's not the problem. The problem is when the poster insults the people, not the car. People are excited about the Z28 because we have been told it is even better than the already great ZL1 and 1LE. Here is some evidence.

I think its interesting how the posts in this thread analyzed the short videos. Best thread I read tonight. Every other '14 Camaro thread is full of hate on the details of the styling. And none of the haters have ever seen a '14 in the flesh. "I don't like the tail lights." "They won't sell any of these." "Really glad I have my 2011." Really boring.
True. Here's what it boils down to. It's fine to not like something, or take a contrary point of view or have a difference of opinion. But what many posters do not take into account is their choice of words when doing so. More often than not it is demeaning, inflamatory, or incitefull. Then, when they are called out for it, they attempt to defend their poor choice of words by using the defense that one cannot saying against a Camaro. It's not what you say....it's how you say it. At times I really feel for those responsible who bring us the product like the engineers, designers, who read some of this rubbish. Input, tactfully elicited is one thing, derogatory demeaning bashing is another. Take a stance, defend your position....but be more diplomatic with the language.
__________________
In Scott We Trust...all others must show proof.
OldScoolCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 08:55 AM   #222
ParisTNDude

 
ParisTNDude's Avatar
 
Drives: 2006 Corvette
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Paris, TN
Posts: 1,974
Having spent a lot of time in Germany and 20 laps or so at Nurburgring, I know the German car nuts watch what's happening on the track carefully. I can just imagine them saying, "Ach du liebe, so schnell, ist das Americanische Camaro! Was denks du, es is mere scheller den eine Porsche, GTR?!!".

There are spots around the outside of the track where the general public can watch whatever goes by, but they can only see it for the few seconds in view. These videos were most definitely not GM shots.

Do you think GM wants this car to beat the ZL1? If so, I'm pretty sure it would mean the early demise of the Supercharged Z. I'm definitely hoping it's within my means to buy at some point in time...I know I could never afford a new one, so I'm gonna wait til one of you guys decides they want a 6th gen and I will get your Z28!
__________________
Current ride: 2006 Corvette, LG long tube headers, HF cats, Xpipe, Vararam, Vmax ported throttle body, Z06 bi-mode axle backs, Fast LSXR 102 intake, DynoSpeed tune




Dragtimes link: http://www.dragtimes.com/Chevrolet-C...html?r=1"]2010
ParisTNDude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 09:27 AM   #223
tramtwo


 
tramtwo's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 1LE
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: N'Awlinz
Posts: 6,563
The ZL1 is not a track specific car... the Z/28 is... comparing them may be an automatic reaction but it is really pointless other than to "gauge" the performance of an unknown to a known.

GM will sell all the Z/28s they can make... even is they were all painted pink with white polka dots.
__________________

Last edited by tramtwo; 04-29-2013 at 09:57 AM.
tramtwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 09:36 AM   #224
ForgedReality
Envy
 
ForgedReality's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 SGM 2SS/RS - Black hood/hockey
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Renton, WA
Posts: 652
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fraxum View Post
The Z28 looks like a lowered '14 SS to me. Both make the current car look older. And to me the back looks cleaner now. I think everyone will get used to the new look and things will settle down. I wish I could buy a Z28, but I think a 1SS 1LE will be as close as I get. sigh.
I thought all 1LEs were 2SS...?
ForgedReality is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 09:53 AM   #225
2cnd chance
It Will Be Mine
 
2cnd chance's Avatar
 
Drives: A Z06 or a 2015 1LE?
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: The Road
Posts: 6,215
Quote:
Originally Posted by ForgedReality View Post
I thought all 1LEs were 2SS...?
No, but they are all SS's.
__________________
2cnd chance is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:43 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.