Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com
 
Solo Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Specific Models / Packages > Camaro 1LE Forum


Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 04-26-2013, 06:45 PM   #1
MPHS_AGM
 
MPHS_AGM's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 Camaro 2SS/RS/1LE AGM
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Memphis, TN
Posts: 124
HSA Disable Method?

Looking through the GM service manual for the 2013 and found a note that may solve the HSA problem. There is a note that says the hill start assist feature will not operate if the stability control is disabled.

It is raining here so I am not going to go and test this until Sunday or Monday. If you get a chance to test this, please report back!
__________________
Current:
2013 AGM 2SS/RS/1LE-NPP
Past:
2002 Z28 Navy Blue A4 [traded]
1996 Camaro V6 Black [traded]
MPHS_AGM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 06:54 PM   #2
S3XPanther
by Odeon
 
S3XPanther's Avatar
 
Drives: '12 SS/RS A6 IOM SOLD, '13 1LE IOM
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Good question
Posts: 1,707
Gave me a tingly feeling all over. Wish I had a 1LE in my possession to try this. Someone, quick! Try this!
__________________
"It works 60% of the time, every time."

"Some say it's a waste of time, others say it's an incredible waste of time."

"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy."

2013 IOM SS/RS - 1LE. Born 5/6/2013 (1 of 32 1SS IOM 1LE's)
S3XPanther is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 07:22 PM   #3
13 ZL1
 
13 ZL1's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 IOM ZL1
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Manteca CA
Posts: 660
Quote:
Originally Posted by MPHS_AGM View Post
Looking through the GM service manual for the 2013 and found a note that may solve the HSA problem. There is a note that says the hill start assist feature will not operate if the stability control is disabled.

It is raining here so I am not going to go and test this until Sunday or Monday. If you get a chance to test this, please report back!
This doesn't work on my car. I tried PTM Mode 5 in my driveway today and HSA was still active.
13 ZL1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 07:58 PM   #4
MPHS_AGM
 
MPHS_AGM's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 Camaro 2SS/RS/1LE AGM
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Memphis, TN
Posts: 124
Quote:
Originally Posted by 13 ZL1 View Post
This doesn't work on my car. I tried PTM Mode 5 in my driveway today and HSA was still active.
That sucks! Can anyone else confirm this? Here is the section from the service manual that I was referencing.
Attached Images
 
__________________
Current:
2013 AGM 2SS/RS/1LE-NPP
Past:
2002 Z28 Navy Blue A4 [traded]
1996 Camaro V6 Black [traded]
MPHS_AGM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 08:12 PM   #5
13 ZL1
 
13 ZL1's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 IOM ZL1
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Manteca CA
Posts: 660
Mine is supposed to release when you accelerate and doesn't. Maybe the 1LE has a different setup than the ZL1.
13 ZL1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 08:38 PM   #6
MPHS_AGM
 
MPHS_AGM's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 Camaro 2SS/RS/1LE AGM
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Memphis, TN
Posts: 124
Quote:
Originally Posted by 13 ZL1 View Post
Mine is supposed to release when you accelerate and doesn't. Maybe the 1LE has a different setup than the ZL1.
What's worse is that this section is for the ZL1 and not the other models!
__________________
Current:
2013 AGM 2SS/RS/1LE-NPP
Past:
2002 Z28 Navy Blue A4 [traded]
1996 Camaro V6 Black [traded]
MPHS_AGM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2013, 09:43 PM   #7
JimE


 
JimE's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 2SS/RS/1LE
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: St Louis, MO
Posts: 3,002
I noticed the other day that it seems to be on a timer. The alert was on the DIC, I released the brake, and a few seconds later the alert cleared. So it appears to be timed and/or disables when you accelerate enough to overcome the brake.
__________________
Perm-a-grin in place.....
JimE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2013, 05:47 PM   #8
One-Bad-ZL1
So easy to love Camaros
 
One-Bad-ZL1's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 ZL1 VR #3457
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Marlborough, CT
Posts: 3,572
Send a message via Yahoo to One-Bad-ZL1
I know this is the 1LE section, but us ZL1 owners are trying to defeat this too.

Mephis - 2 thoughts - see if there is something in there about changing the timing of HSA. If we can set it to Zero, it's effectively off.

There may be some sort of code, much like resetting the Oil Condition Meter where you have to press the accellerator 3 times with the ignition on.

where did you order the manual from?
__________________
One-Bad-ZL1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2013, 06:59 PM   #9
fgg60
Sweet Annie!! BRM
 
fgg60's Avatar
 
Drives: '13 2SS/RS 1LE BRM NPP CF5
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Bristol, CT
Posts: 354
Quote:
Originally Posted by MPHS_AGM View Post
That sucks! Can anyone else confirm this? Here is the section from the service manual that I was referencing.
Confirmed!! It still doesn't work. the manual lied, Hill Stupid Annoyance is still on!!

Oh well, any other ideas???
Attached Images
 
__________________
FGG60 - (BRM 2SS 1LE) 1 of 70!!
fgg60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2013, 07:10 PM   #10
x1sniper3x
 
x1sniper3x's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 CRT 2SS/1LE; 2016 Colorado Z71
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Edison, NJ
Posts: 630
The best method I've found (and yeah, it's a bit of an annoyance but it works): if the HSA alert comes up, take the car out of first, put it in neutral for a second or two and the alert will go away. When you put the car back in first, HSA won't reactivate. It's worked every time for me so far
__________________
x1sniper3x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 05:50 PM   #11
MPHS_AGM
 
MPHS_AGM's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 Camaro 2SS/RS/1LE AGM
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Memphis, TN
Posts: 124
Quote:
Originally Posted by One-Bad-ZL1 View Post
I know this is the 1LE section, but us ZL1 owners are trying to defeat this too.

Mephis - 2 thoughts - see if there is something in there about changing the timing of HSA. If we can set it to Zero, it's effectively off.

There may be some sort of code, much like resetting the Oil Condition Meter where you have to press the accellerator 3 times with the ignition on.

where did you order the manual from?
Like everyone is posting, there doesn't seem to be a way to defeat this yet. I need to look for the wiring diagrams to see if there are isolated outputs for the three axes of rotation. If the output from the sensor is a combined output, it may be hard to negate the pitch signal. The only way that is seems to access the settings for this system would be through the ABS controller. I have zero experience with programming the computers in cars, so if anyone else could comment, that would be great.

The manuals come from Helm Inc. and mine were included in the purchase of the car. I asked the dealer to provide them as part of the deal. I am sure that I paid the $200 somewhere, but they weren't listed. I am going to say the dealer gave them to me!
__________________
Current:
2013 AGM 2SS/RS/1LE-NPP
Past:
2002 Z28 Navy Blue A4 [traded]
1996 Camaro V6 Black [traded]

Last edited by MPHS_AGM; 04-30-2013 at 05:53 PM. Reason: added info
MPHS_AGM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 06:00 PM   #12
davidcroft
Sellin Chevy's since '06
 
davidcroft's Avatar
 
Drives: 2014 SS sedan
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Houston, TX
Posts: 1,429
has anyone tuned it out with EFI live? My car hasn't hit the ground yet and my '12 doesn't have this.... I will definitely post if it can be tuned out with programming. Should be as easy as 1-4 skip shift....
__________________
2014 SS Sedan-"houston stock" granny sedan
SOLD! 2013 Blue Ray1SS/1LE 1of20.
TRADED! 2012 White 1SS/RS
davidcroft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 08:30 PM   #13
Nick S

 
Nick S's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 Camaro 1LE
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Verona, WI
Posts: 1,503
For the people that have tried to test it with Stability control deactivated did you press and hold down the button for the 8 seconds to totally disable stability control or did you just put it in competitive mode?
For the guy that tried it on the ZL1 I don't think PTM5 completely disables stability control. But I don't have a ZL1 so obviously I cannot say for certain but maybe you'll want to check to see if PTM5 completely disables stability control.
__________________
Nick S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 09:51 PM   #14
MPHS_AGM
 
MPHS_AGM's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 Camaro 2SS/RS/1LE AGM
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Memphis, TN
Posts: 124
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick S View Post
For the people that have tried to test it with Stability control deactivated did you press and hold down the button for the 8 seconds to totally disable stability control or did you just put it in competitive mode?
For the guy that tried it on the ZL1 I don't think PTM5 completely disables stability control. But I don't have a ZL1 so obviously I cannot say for certain but maybe you'll want to check to see if PTM5 completely disables stability control.
I will try the hold to turn off trick tomorrow. I just re-read the manual and realized I didn't pick up on that! Comprehension not required!
__________________
Current:
2013 AGM 2SS/RS/1LE-NPP
Past:
2002 Z28 Navy Blue A4 [traded]
1996 Camaro V6 Black [traded]
MPHS_AGM is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:35 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.