Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Regional Forums > USA - Florida

USA - Florida The Sunshine State

Old 04-23-2013, 03:38 PM   #1626
RedDragonSS
Account Suspended

Drives: Red Camaro 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by avellanet.jr View Post
Time for SSCRIII yet?
lol I just twitched thinking about it.... Almost ready to get off the couch and start bugging everyone about it... ALMOST
RedDragonSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 09:00 AM   #1627
AFCMSGTRET
TCC SWFL Chapter

Drives: 2012 Camaro 2SS LS3 Black/IO Vert
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt @ FSP View Post
We have that photo that John gave us printed out and it's framed in our office here. Great pic!
I wish I could get one

TRI-COUNTY CAMAROS
OFTEN IMITATED BUT
NEVER DUPLICATED
AFCMSGTRET is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 09:07 AM   #1628
menendez1293
Emerald Coast Camaros

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2LT/RS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by fsusmithc2 View Post
It's at the top of this page. Post #1601. But if it'll make it easier, I've added it again here.

If this picture is really as awesome as you all think it is, you should note that this is nowhere near the full size image. I might think if you intend to blow it up, you may wish to start with the full 18MP image. Shoot me a PM if you're interested. Oh and I would certainly be down for a print.

Starting to think I should have watermarked my name on these perhaps.
Its an awesome picture chris. I even made it one of my desktop backgrounds on my mac book
Proud owner of litho #179 Click Picture for Build Thread
menendez1293 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 09:13 AM   #1629
spd2612
TRI-COUNTY CAMAROS

Drives: Black SS2/RS LS3
As soon as I get around one of our Wide Format printers I will make some large prints
CAI, MGW Short Throw,Concept SMD Sidemarker lights, LED Sequential Tail Lights, MSD Digital Shift Light, LPE LNC-2000, LPE CTAP-001, 1 7/8 Long Tubes, 3 inch Stainless exhaust header back, X Pipe, Cat Delete, Solo J-Pipe Mod, Powder Coated Wheels, FSP Custom Grind Comp Cam's, VMax TB., PFADT TL, TA, SF Bushings LPW Diff Cover, DSS Axles & aluminum drive shaft, ES Diff Bushings JRE Posi Mod, Billet caps, 3:91 gears Mantic ER2 Clutch
spd2612 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 07:53 AM   #1630
fsusmithc2
Emerald Coast Camaros

Drives: 2012 1LT/RS A6
Quote:
Originally Posted by spd2612 View Post
Did you frame your copies yet ??

It is a clever pic and I give you all the credit
Quote:
Originally Posted by menendez1293 View Post
Its an awesome picture chris. I even made it one of my desktop backgrounds on my mac book
I'm glad everyone likes it. Can't imagine I'd shoot anything that would be so well appreciated.

I haven't framed mine yet. Haven't found an 11x17 frame I like. Walmart was fresh out last I checked.
Appearance: Hexis vinyl cf bowties (Headlight Armor) - Oracle ABL interior, grill, and under-hood lighting, P13W plasma DRLs, ghosted sidemarkers - LSR billet strut retainers - 30% tint w/ 5% front strip - Dash plaque and under-hood bowtie by EmblemPros - Custom painted engine and fuse covers - Heritage grill - Gill stripes by Big Worm Graphix
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dylan@Adams View Post
Black paint isn't a hobby, its a career. Get used to it
*How to hug your Camaro*
fsusmithc2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 08:02 AM   #1631
guapo
Emerald Coast Camaros

Drives: 2013 Camaro LT2/RS, CRM
Quote:
Originally Posted by AFCMSGTRET View Post
I wish I could get one
Where did they get those wheels?
2013 LT2/RS, CRM, Blackwing CAI, SOLO Mach-X, Ported V-Max TB, Billet Grills, Defender Works Chrome DLR Bezels, LED DLR's, GM Strut Tower Brace, Chrome Engine Dress, CRM Quarter Flairs, AAC Ghosted LED Marker Lights (CRM)
guapo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2013, 05:55 AM   #1632
AFCMSGTRET
TCC SWFL Chapter

Drives: 2012 Camaro 2SS LS3 Black/IO Vert
Quote:
Originally Posted by guapo View Post
Where did they get those wheels?

http://www.circleracing.com/90series.htm. Let me know if you need more info.

TRI-COUNTY CAMAROS
OFTEN IMITATED BUT
NEVER DUPLICATED
AFCMSGTRET is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2013, 07:58 PM   #1633
Overflow
Space Shuttle Aficionado

Drives: 7,000,000 lbs. of thrust
Any news on if there will be a 3rd?
Old 08-12-2013, 09:07 AM   #1634
RedDragonSS
Account Suspended

Looking for a few new dedicated volunteers to help organize this event together.... A lot of us have gotten complicated with new responsibilities so our time is limited. We have a list of contacts and I am willing to help whoever is interested in getting the ball rolling coordinating the event.

Let me know via PM if you might be interested....

It would be a shame letting this event die off as its a ton of Fun....

Last edited by RedDragonSS; 08-12-2013 at 10:00 AM.
Old 08-13-2013, 11:26 AM   #1635
01pewterz28
Camaro Junkie

Drives: 2010 2LT/RS,Born 9/14/09 @ 11:50:57
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedDragonSS View Post
Looking for a few new dedicated volunteers to help organize this event together.... A lot of us have gotten complicated with new responsibilities so our time is limited. We have a list of contacts and I am willing to help whoever is interested in getting the ball rolling coordinating the event.

Yep come on folks stup on up like Adrian we are looking for a few dedicated people who can help with putting thiws event on. I just do not have the time that I can put into orgainzing this event with out a few people stepping up the event will end with the SSCR 2 :(
Old 08-13-2013, 12:18 PM   #1636
CamaroV6

Drives: Camaro V6 1LT Manual
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedDragonSS View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by 01pewterz28 View Post
Yep come on folks stup on up like Adrian we are looking for a few dedicated people who can help with putting thiws event on. I just do not have the time that I can put into orgainzing this event with out a few people stepping up the event will end with the SSCR 2 :(
You guys know Im in to help on anything let me get done with these few events i have planned for TRI county and will talk!!!
Old 08-14-2013, 11:57 AM   #1637
RedDragonSS
Account Suspended

Got a couple of Pms asking the same questions.

I believe the resort we used last year is willing to welcome the event back, we already have a solid vendor list and if people are still interested in attending the event you will have the people...

Looking for a couple of new guys that are willing to take the baton and run with it, I am willing to lend a hand to make sure your on the right path.
Old 08-22-2013, 10:04 PM   #1638
Sky

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2LT RSky Edition
Hey guys I'm pretty new and will be returning to Orlando this week and my Camaro will be there a week or two later. I would be willing to help out as much as I can. Some general info. I'm 22 high school graduate with 4 years of military training behind me.
Old 08-23-2013, 08:21 PM   #1639
UF4LIFE102SS
Treasure Coast Camaro 5

Drives: 2010 2 SS
Hope it happens again and again it's a great time!!!!!!
Old 08-23-2013, 09:22 PM   #1640
daveagogo1
TRI COUNTY TAMPA

Drives: 2011 1SS/RS VR/BLK A6
Ok everyone. Thought i'd pop in after seeing some new posts. I along with the other organizers are really happy most of you had a great time. That being said. It isn't all fun and games for the organizers and volunteers. It is a massive amount of work and a ton of stress. It eats into family time just trying to plan and make sure everything is in order as well as possible.

Over the last two years a few of us have had some changes that have been a real factor in how much or little we could spend on it. Adrian had an addition to his family. Regina is busy pumping out those houses. Sean may not even be able to attend. Let alone plan. As for myself. I have no intention of being such a big part of it for any possible SSCR III. My time is far more limited. As for all the volunteers who helped out with various projects. I couldn't even tell you where their head is at on another. I would be willing to continue handling the social media aspect of the event.

Before anyone get's all hyped up about the prospect. Be sure to understand that at least one of you will have to put your finances on the line to the tune of a minimum of $10,000 to even think of doing this. Yes, you read that right. 10 large. That is to reserve the resort just for starters. Hotels don't block rooms and give you space for free. If nobody reserves or shows. You will be paying them their minimum price in the contract.

It sounds easy. Reserve the resort and set it up and they will come. Well i know Sean can tell you that doesn't always happen. Over Memorial weekend the annual F-body gathering LOST money to the tune of thousands. This came out of the organizers pockets. There is no guarantees with this type of thing.

As this has always been. ZERO profit event you would be starting with a monetary balance of $0. You cannot wait until the end to buy everything to put on the event so many things must be paid for up front with your personal funds in the hopes you will ever see the money back. This is why pre registration is critical and you must always be ready to refund people who back out.

There are many aspects to this event and whomever decides to try and give it a go will need to consider all of that plus about 100 other details.

All that said. First things are first. Who is willing to SIGN on the dotted line and put up a minimum of $10,000 held on your CC to get the ball rolling?

If you are. Then give me a shout and i will get you all the info you need to move forward from previous vendors, event insurance, the permitting dept if held in same county and a host of other resources to help you.

Just as an FYI. The first two events were already underway planning wise in August of both years. Trust me when i say 7 months go by way too fast.

Disclaimer... I am not saying any of this to dissuade anyone from doing it. I am saying it so you know what you're in for. That way you can really decide beforehand if you wish to dive in. I know all of the organizers are VERY proud of what we were able to accomplish with this event. People are still talking about it in a very good way. I personally would rather see it not continue than to end up a half assed thrown together event. S be prepared to put in major time and work.

Last edited by daveagogo1; 08-23-2013 at 09:40 PM.
daveagogo1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2013, 10:28 PM   #1641
01pewterz28
Camaro Junkie

Good evening everyone I figured I would chime in as well on this. I due to a career change for the better it does not look like I will have the time to spend on helping getting SSCR 3 off the ground (I will not know for another month), and it's a 50/50 shot if I will even be able to attend as guest if I am unable to help out. With the being said I have spoken to the resort this afternoon they would love to have us back. The good news is we will not need to put a credit card down (due to last year's turn out), BUT and a BIG But is someone will be on the hook for any unsold rooms if we do not meet the number of reserved rooms we promise we will book (You will be signing a contract and you have to guarantee a certain number of rooms we will book and stay). Last year I put my CC up for this event as well as any damages that might have occurred if anything would have happened and I cannot do that again this year when my wife found out she just about killed me. Good thing we had enough support from the great participants from this board and several others that pre-registered early for the event we booked enough rooms. The bad part is you just never know what could happen if for some reason you get bad weather and people cancel guess what you are stuck with the tab. With that being said whoever takes on this roll will need to understand that you will need to begin lining up sponsors, and Itinerary, start planning the car show, figure out how many classes you will have and the number of trophies, name badges, dash cards, printing of the flyers, and other items. Remember we started this as a non-profit show we give back to you guys for coming (excellent goodie bags, a BIG A$$ pizza party, ect...) so again understand you will not make a dime for yourself. Trust me when I say it's allot of work I recall going to bed close to 1-2 am the last 3 weeks before the show trying to get everything prepared, stuffed into registration packets. The bottom line is if you step up you need to be ALL in or don't even think about volunteering as you cannot throw in the towel 1/4 into this.

My suggestion is someone who really wants to help out and can undertake the financial burden of putting your funds up front and going into this knowing that there is a chance (small but a chance) that you could be on the hook for 90 nights which comes out to just over $10k (BTA we reserved over 240 nights last year). Knowing that not everything will go smooth, people will get upset, and honestly you will not be able to relax until Saturday when all of the awards are all handed out.

Anyway think hard and long if this is something you want to do, plan on this taking up a good 20% of your life from now until the end of the year, 40% from Jan-Feb, and 80% from Feb 1- the day before the show, and 110% the day of the show until the end. I hope we can continue this show it's a great one it would be a shame to see if end with only SSCR 2.
Old 08-26-2013, 07:11 PM   #1642
Overflow
Space Shuttle Aficionado

Is there an option for a smaller version of this event? Not trying to degrade the event at all, but it'll help to get a feel for the event and see where to take it. Hopefully someone sees what I'm trying to get at.
Old 08-26-2013, 08:31 PM   #1643
FenwickHockey65
General Motors Aficionado

Drives: 2003 GMC Envoy SLE/2000 Ford Ranger
Send a message via AIM to FenwickHockey65
I was thinking the same. Obviously people put a lot of time and money into this event in the past two years and it sounds like they did an awesome job. But considering the circumstances, maybe we could just put together a small meet at a car show or even just somewhere to hang out.

My Cars: 2003 GMC Envoy SLE, 2000 Ford Ranger XLT (State-issued)
Extended Family: 2013 GMC Terrain SLE, 1998 GMC Sonoma SLS Extended Cab

FenwickHockey65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2013, 09:19 PM   #1644
01pewterz28
Camaro Junkie

My only other suggestion is to invade the Ecklers Winter Nationals in Feb 2014 they have the resort booked, it's a 3 day show (people arrive Thursday), Saturday is judging cruiser class or 1000pt, awards are on Sunday.

Just an option the event will be held at West Gate Lakes resort.

Sean
Old 08-27-2013, 03:43 PM   #1645
Overflow
Space Shuttle Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by 01pewterz28 View Post
My only other suggestion is to invade the Ecklers Winter Nationals in Feb 2014 they have the resort booked, it's a 3 day show (people arrive Thursday), Saturday is judging cruiser class or 1000pt, awards are on Sunday.

Just an option the event will be held at West Gate Lakes resort.

Sean
This is an option.
Old 08-28-2013, 12:48 PM   #1646
CCCF99nbm

Drives: 1999 NBM Z-28
"My only other suggestion is to invade the Ecklers Winter Nationals in Feb 2014 they have the resort booked, it's a 3 day show (people arrive Thursday), Saturday is judging cruiser class or 1000pt, awards are on Sunday.

Just an option the event will be held at West Gate Lakes resort."

"Invade"? how about "joining in with fellow enthusiasts". I am sure that the potential for many 5th gen Camaros showing up would be welcome by Ecklers. Planning is underway for this show and whether you plan on taking part in the 1000 pt. judging or Saturdays Cruiser class, It would be appreciated by the organizers that you register asap as this show regularly has 250+ cars and trucks in attendance, many participating in 1000 pt. judging. Cruiser class has grown the past few years and space has been limited, that is why early registration is suggested and if needed the parking can be adjusted. Those considering attending can find show info at rickscamaros.com, look for the WinterNational show subject along the left hand column. Classic Camaro of Central Florida will once again be the Host Club for this event and look forward to seeing many of the local and not so local 5th gen Camaros and their owners in February.

MC
CCCF99nbm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2013, 05:57 PM   #1647
01pewterz28
Camaro Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by CCCF99nbm View Post
"My only other suggestion is to invade the Ecklers Winter Nationals in Feb 2014 they have the resort booked, it's a 3 day show (people arrive Thursday), Saturday is judging cruiser class or 1000pt, awards are on Sunday.

Just an option the event will be held at West Gate Lakes resort."

"Invade"? how about "joining in with fellow enthusiasts". I am sure that the potential for many 5th gen Camaros showing up would be welcome by Ecklers. Planning is underway for this show and whether you plan on taking part in the 1000 pt. judging or Saturdays Cruiser class, It would be appreciated by the organizers that you register asap as this show regularly has 250+ cars and trucks in attendance, many participating in 1000 pt. judging. Cruiser class has grown the past few years and space has been limited, that is why early registration is suggested and if needed the parking can be adjusted. Those considering attending can find show info at rickscamaros.com, look for the WinterNational show subject along the left hand column. Classic Camaro of Central Florida will once again be the Host Club for this event and look forward to seeing many of the local and not so local 5th gen Camaros and their owners in February.

MC
As MC chimed in if you guys want to do this register very early as they will fill up quickly. One of the best organized events around as I have helped as part of the host club CCCF for over 11 years with this event.

This IMHO is the best solution for the Rally for 2014.
Old 08-30-2013, 09:29 PM   #1648
01pewterz28
Camaro Junkie

I spoke to Ecklers this evening they would Love to have us at the 22nd Annual Winter Nationals held 02/06/2014 - 02/09/2014.

1000pt judging or cruiser class Judging Saturday, awards Sunday, Welcome BBQ Thursday evening. The event will be held at Westgate Lakes Resort.

IMHO this is the best bet for a show next year.

Info below
http://www.classicchevy.com/showregi...iewshow/id/40/
Old 09-01-2013, 03:28 PM   #1649
Overflow
Space Shuttle Aficionado

We could organize a cruise and head over there as a group.
Old 10-20-2013, 08:57 AM   #1650
UF4LIFE102SS
Treasure Coast Camaro 5

Drives: 2010 2 SS
So is this r plan for next year to attend the Eklers WN? If it is we should get a list to c how many people r interested in showing.