Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Anthony @ LG Motorsports
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Marketplace > Sponsors Classifieds Marketplace > Exterior Parts & Accessories

Exterior Parts & Accessories All exterior parts and accessories.

View our official forum sponsors list.

Old 04-07-2013, 11:19 PM   #26
CamaroDIYking

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
When is the ABL kit coming out ?

Lighting- LED footwell, grille, trunk, and engine lights done via DIY. LED dome, DRL, and tag lights.
Paint- Painted engine cover, steering wheel bezel, speedometer bezel, front bowtie, tail light bezels, wheel center caps.
Exterior lights- tinted tail lights and sidemarker lights.
Wheels- powdercoated stock RS 20' wheels black
Exhaust- Cat-back Dynomax Bullet Exhaust system with bullet muffler delete.
Misc- rear blackout kit from Big Worm Graphix, black side Camaro lettering from Emblem Pros, and rear Camaro lettering from Emblem Pros.
CamaroDIYking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 06:13 PM   #27
chef-beavis

Drives: IOM 2013 2SS/RS, family truckster
Joe,

I thought of a new question and figured I'd ask here in case anyone else could benefit from the answer. Can I control the lights from an iPod touch while it is plugged into the USB port in the console for playing music? I'm really going into this one on the fly because I only have a regular iPod classic right now. If the Touch isn't compatible with the Camaro's USB port please go easy on me!
chef-beavis is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 12:34 AM   #28
CamaroKid300
ace5.org

Drives: 2012 2SS/RS LS3
Quote:
Originally Posted by chef-beavis View Post
Joe,

I thought of a new question and figured I'd ask here in case anyone else could benefit from the answer. Can I control the lights from an iPod touch while it is plugged into the USB port in the console for playing music? I'm really going into this one on the fly because I only have a regular iPod classic right now. If the Touch isn't compatible with the Camaro's USB port please go easy on me!
I think when you plug in iPods into the USB the iPod will display "Accessory connected" and will not allow you to control the iPod from the iPod itself, you have to do it from the radio. However if that is not the case then you can absolutely control your lights as long as the wifi module is plugged in an you are connected to it! I play music from my iPhone via bluetooth and control my lights while driving all the time.

Hope that helps!
NightOwl RGB Halos, Kooks 1-7/8 LT Headers, Catless Midpipes, Borla ATAK Catback, 35% Tint, Vinyl Gill Blackouts, RX Catch Can, Skip Shift Eliminator, Devil Tail Side Stripes, Front Lip Blackout, Dual Color Bowties, Ghosted Sidemarkers,
Exhaust Video (Manifolds) Exhaust Video (Headers) White Lightning
A.C.E.5.
420 RWHP/422 RWTQ
CamaroKid300 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 09:02 AM   #29
chef-beavis

Then I can run the bluetooth on the ipod vs. plugging it in. I'm 99% sure the touch has bluetooth and wifi. Thanks!
Old 04-09-2013, 09:23 AM   #30
Deke736
COTW 12/3/12

Drives: 2012 Ashen Gray ZL1
The iPod will allow control of apps while plugged in. Until recently, if the iPod was plugged into the USB port, you could not control the music directly through the iPod and had to use the radio controls. With the latest iOS release, that is no longer the case. You can now control all apps, including the iPod music app, while plugged into the USB. The NightOwl app should work fine while using the USB.

Of course there is alway Bluetooth, but I don't feel the music quality is as good as the USB.
Old 04-09-2013, 09:32 AM   #31
chef-beavis

Probably true but I gotta say I was SHOCKED at the sound quality of Pandora streamed to MyLink via Bluetooth. 10X more clarity than XM, which isn't saying much. Sounded really good, though.
Old 04-09-2013, 11:25 AM   #32
CamaroKid300
ace5.org

Drives: 2012 2SS/RS LS3
Quote:
Probably true but I gotta say I was SHOCKED at the sound quality of Pandora streamed to MyLink via Bluetooth. 10X more clarity than XM, which isn't saying much. Sounded really good, though.
I find the quality of music when playing through bluetooth is just fine...I don't think you'll notice a difference...other than lack of bass when using bluetooth vs USB.

But yes, as long as the iPod allows control the app will work and you'll be able to control the lights.
NightOwl RGB Halos, Kooks 1-7/8 LT Headers, Catless Midpipes, Borla ATAK Catback, 35% Tint, Vinyl Gill Blackouts, RX Catch Can, Skip Shift Eliminator, Devil Tail Side Stripes, Front Lip Blackout, Dual Color Bowties, Ghosted Sidemarkers,
Exhaust Video (Manifolds) Exhaust Video (Headers) White Lightning
A.C.E.5.
420 RWHP/422 RWTQ
CamaroKid300 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 12:53 PM   #33
chef-beavis

Sooooo stoked for the lighting! I can't wait.
Old 04-15-2013, 08:03 AM   #34
Joe@NightOwlLEDs
"Night it Up!"

Drives: 2011 SS Convertible
Just a reminder: this is a limited time pre-sale special. Once we run out of our initial stock or we begin shipping these products, we're going to have to end this special.

We're expecting a sample harness kit from our harness manufacturing partner to arrive this week, and begin manufacturing of the harnesses immediately after. This is all being done here in the U.S.A.
Old 04-20-2013, 10:19 AM   #35
chef-beavis

BUMP for the lighting mod I can't wait to get!!!! ,
Old 04-20-2013, 02:07 PM   #36
Twoblindsheep
[COTW 1/6/14]

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS LS3
Wait so will this still work if I'm not connected to wifi?
Old 04-20-2013, 02:52 PM   #37
yotaman96

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS, 2000 Trans Am WS6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Twoblindsheep View Post
Wait so will this still work if I'm not connected to wifi?
The kit supplies the wifi.
2010 Dodge Ram Crew Cab Sport 4x4
yotaman96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2013, 03:16 PM   #38
Twoblindsheep
[COTW 1/6/14]

Oh sweet!! Now I get it.. So I will also able to connect my interior lighting to this too and control it all at once too right?! Went ahead and send my payment in
Old 04-20-2013, 10:01 PM   #39
KaBoom1701
KaBoom1701

Drives: 2013 2LT RS Camaro
Gota put this on the wish list!
Performance Upgrades: CAI Intake, VMAX CNC Spiral Ported Throttle Body, RX Catch Can w/AN Fitting/Braided Stainless Hoses, MRT Axle-Back Exhaust Version 2.0 w/ Magnaflow X Pipe Performance Resonator & custom J-Pipes, 1LE Strut Tower Brace, SS Brembo 1LE Brake Upgrade w/ Hawk HPS Pads & SS brake lines.
Exterior Upgrades: Ceramic Tint 30%, Axis Allies rims 20x9(front) 20x10(rear), Goodyear Eagle F1 SuperCar G:2 Tries 285 (front) x 305 (rear)
Audio Upgrades: Image Dynamics 10" Subwoofer w/custom leather box, Image Dynamics 5 Channel Amp, Audio Control LC 6, Morel 6.5" Coax Speakers
KaBoom1701 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2013, 01:10 AM   #40
chef-beavis

You will need to supply a wifi capable smart phone, iPod, ipad, etc. The system supplies the reciever. The app for apple stuff is done now. Android is coming asap, likely a couple months away. For more details look up the intro thread to night owl person products or hit them up on their website, which easy to find a link to in this thread! I'm borrowing a buddy's decommissioned iphone until the android app comes out.
Old 04-21-2013, 04:35 AM   #41
Twoblindsheep
[COTW 1/6/14]

Quote:
You will need to supply a wifi capable smart phone, iPod, ipad, etc. The system supplies the reciever. The app for apple stuff is done now. Android is coming asap, likely a couple months away. For more details look up the intro thread to night owl person products or hit them up on their website, which easy to find a link to in this thread! I'm borrowing a buddy's decommissioned iphone until the android app comes out.
thanks for clearing it out for me!just had to make sure.. had a misunderstanding for a bit...
tried looking for the app yesterday.. but didnt see it
Old 04-21-2013, 09:19 AM   #42
chef-beavis

They have obtained Apples approval for the app. They just haven't made it available for download yet because they haven't begun shipping hardware.
Old 04-21-2013, 09:35 AM   #43
Twoblindsheep
[COTW 1/6/14]

should be soon tho right??
i cant wait to see these!
just in time when i get back from the desert!
Old 04-21-2013, 09:55 AM   #44
chef-beavis

Last I heard the plan is to start shipping about the end of this month.
Old 04-22-2013, 01:42 PM   #45
camaro_RS
Emerald Coast Camaros

Drives: A lot of show, not much go.
Great looking product!!!!

A couple questions....and I think I gather this from what I've been reading but just to clarify....those of us with the JDP kit that have some off-colored colors (i.e. white having a blue or purple tint) is not due to the LED (I've always just assumed it was due to the RGB LED we put in) but with the control box we bolted onto our front bumper brace? And that's all we would be changing out with your box? And your box gets bolted onto the front bumper brace?

Thanks for any info!

camaro_RS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 08:53 PM   #46
tmandoug1
Deep Sea

Drives: 2012 Camaro ZL1
Is there a setup for the zl1.
tmandoug1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 02:06 PM   #47
chef-beavis

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmandoug1 View Post
Is there a setup for the zl1.
http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=283732

Yes. Follow the thread above for specifics!
Old 04-27-2013, 02:21 PM   #48
Joe@NightOwlLEDs
"Night it Up!"

Drives: 2011 SS Convertible
Sorry for being away from this thread...we've been working hard to get everything done.

We only have a few pre-order halo kits still available. The sale will be over when we run out of these, or we begin shipping.

We're expecting to begin shipping pre-order kits May 13th.

Thanks chef-beavis for answering some questions.

Our JDP upgrade kit replaces the controller, while leaving the LEDs and wiring harnesses. You will unscrew their controller from the back of the bumper, and screw ours in (a different mounting location). The harnesses plug right into our halo kit controller. It is our experience that there is nothing wrong with the LEDs from their kit. The problem with the colors is their controller which is replaced with a NightOwl controller. Our controllers offer very fine control over color, as well as independent control of each halo.

For the ZL1, you can use the same kit. If you want the DRL harness, we can work with you on what you want. Since the ZL1 has both fog lights and driving lights, you can let us know if you want all controlled, or just fogs, or just driving lights. We don't have pricing on our website yet for ZL1. But as far as the halo kits go, they are the same. Contact me directly for ZL1 DRL harnesses.

We still need to figure out regulations for non-US orders. We just haven't had time to look into it yet.

Interior kits (ABL dash/doors) should be available in June. We're working on getting the LED assemblies manufactured.
Old 04-27-2013, 07:37 PM   #49
ALLTRBO

Drives: 2012 1SS M6
Okay, I just couldn't hold out any longer.

I just ordered the JDP upgrade kit through the website, and I threw in the DRL harness and grill light too.

I actually jumped in on the JDP kit pre-order way back when, but I never installed it for a few reasons, then I started seeing that people were having troubles with the controllers, so I really just didn't want to bother. I also wanted more color options.

I can't wait to see what you guys are going to come up with WRT my first two posts in the 'intro' thread. I'm sure I'll be suckered in to that too if it's as cool as I think it could be.
Old 04-27-2013, 08:36 PM   #50
jhiiidoc

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS SLP Supercharged
Is there an easier way to get to the JDP controller without pulling the entire front bumper off? To do this swap, I am dreading pulling the front bumper....
jhiiidoc is offline   Reply With Quote