Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com
 
dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Z/28 Forum - Z/28 Specific Topics


Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 04-27-2013, 08:36 PM   #309
SEVEN-OH JOE
Account Suspended
 
Drives: some to distraction
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Location: Location:
Posts: 627
My personal experience with Panamera owners (2 that I personally know) is they are diehard "car guys" but REALLY diehard Porsche guys, first and foremost! And BOTH consider them as suitable replacements for their former Cayennes. BOTH are Turbos, too.
SEVEN-OH JOE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2013, 08:51 PM   #310
orthojoe
 
Drives: Subaru BRZ, Porsche Boxster Spyder
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: California
Posts: 67
Quote:
Originally Posted by TOBY J View Post
Funny
I know 7 guys who own 911's that also own Panameras (they've had them out a out local cars&coffee events)
Their thoughts are the exact opposite of yours and they stated that they get more looks conversations with the panamera than they do with the 997 or 996 cars they own.
Too each his own I guess.
cars and coffee is the keyword there. C&C people are a different breed than a track rat. Zfatuated is a track rat. Panny is an abomination made to fleece the Porsche wanna-bes of the world who have no clue what a real sports car is about. They just want the badge. Much like the many of the z/28 wanna be's around here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tones2SS View Post
I agree. For someone daily driving this car, they are going to be shelling out BIG money for new rotors and pads on that car.
Not true. If you only daily drive on carbon ceramics, they will never wear out. Ever. Street use won't wear down carbon ceramics. If you track it properly, they WILL wear out. Just not as quickly.

Last edited by orthojoe; 04-27-2013 at 09:13 PM.
orthojoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2013, 11:10 PM   #311
TOBY J
 
Drives: BLOWN CAMARO SS PORSCHE PANNY TURBO
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: USA
Posts: 262
^^^^^^^^^^^
Spoken like a guy who's only driven cars on the video game he's playing and has no real seat time or understanding of either car.
Lol

Last edited by TOBY J; 04-27-2013 at 11:22 PM.
TOBY J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2013, 11:22 PM   #312
Bad@ssCamaro
Rogers' Rocks :-)
 
Bad@ssCamaro's Avatar
 
Drives: 2015 1SS/1LE
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Western MA
Posts: 5,735
Wow, has this thread gotten way off course!!! How about you guys reeling in those massive monsters you're sporting and bring the discussion back on track.
__________________
2015 CRT 1SS/1LE RS/Recaro's/NPP/Nav/Rear vision pkg./BA speaker upgrade.
ARH 1 7/8 headers, CAI, BMR 1.25 drop springs, JPSS Billet Bushings ...421 whp...so far.

Bad@ssCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2013, 12:24 AM   #313
orthojoe
 
Drives: Subaru BRZ, Porsche Boxster Spyder
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: California
Posts: 67
Quote:
Originally Posted by TOBY J View Post
^^^^^^^^^^^
Spoken like a guy who's only driven cars on the video game he's playing and has no real seat time or understanding of either car.
Lol
Really? What makes you think that? Feeling a bit uncomfortable about my assertions?
More like:
Spoken like a guy that actually knows what he's talking about and actually takes his car to the track on frequent basis and isn't half bad at it:







Care to retract your statement? Care to share your own track experience other than on a video game machine? My Porsche had carbon ceramics on it. I removed them because they were wearing away after only 5 track days. Personal experience. How about you, pal? I understand plenty and do all the work on my cars myself. Be careful on assumptions and who you pick fights with, buddy. Watch towards the end of the first video if you want to see me pass some Chevy power. Enjoy sipping your coffee with all the other posers. See you at the track.....Chum...mmmmP

Last edited by orthojoe; 04-28-2013 at 12:37 AM.
orthojoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2013, 01:46 AM   #314
Bad@ssCamaro
Rogers' Rocks :-)
 
Bad@ssCamaro's Avatar
 
Drives: 2015 1SS/1LE
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Western MA
Posts: 5,735
This isn't going to end well
__________________
2015 CRT 1SS/1LE RS/Recaro's/NPP/Nav/Rear vision pkg./BA speaker upgrade.
ARH 1 7/8 headers, CAI, BMR 1.25 drop springs, JPSS Billet Bushings ...421 whp...so far.

Bad@ssCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2013, 02:07 AM   #315
Doc
Dances With Mustangs
 
Doc's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 1SS/RS MT
Join Date: May 2009
Location: USA
Posts: 3,635
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bad@ssCamaro View Post
This isn't going to end well
__________________

Blue Angel is here!!
1SS/RS LS3 M6 IBM
Doc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2013, 04:40 AM   #316
TOBY J
 
Drives: BLOWN CAMARO SS PORSCHE PANNY TURBO
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: USA
Posts: 262
lol- see you've edited your post since calling people POSERS
who's talking about taking cars to the track??? 90% of people who own hi line cars do not track them.

i'll just take the higher road sir and leave it at this.
you say most Z28 guys are posers (before editing)- nice assumption and then you make me chuckle even further with the 911 and panamera comparison (before editing). no one is dropping 150- 180k on panamera thinking it's a true sports car.
they are buying an extremely fast 4 door sedan that handles much like a sports car.

END OF STORY
thanks for playing.
have a nice week
TOBY J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2013, 10:09 AM   #317
orthojoe
 
Drives: Subaru BRZ, Porsche Boxster Spyder
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: California
Posts: 67
Quote:
Originally Posted by TOBY J View Post
^^^^^^^^^^^
Spoken like a guy who's only driven cars on the video game he's playing and has no real seat time or understanding of either car.
Lol
You tried to call me out as a guy that has no track experience or any experience with cars. I made you eat crow. Simple as that. Again, would you care to retract your statement?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TOBY J View Post
lol- see you've edited your post since calling people POSERS
who's talking about taking cars to the track??? 90% of people who own hi line cars do not track them.
My edit was to ADD the poser statement, not delete. Go back and re-read. It's still there. Nothing deleted only ADDED. The majority of sports car owners ARE posers. They just don't want to admit it. I don't have a problem with it unless they start talking shit to people that DO know what they are talking about. The Z/28 is meant to be driven at the track. Posers like you and your buddies will buy them to show off at cars and coffee. Nothing wrong with that if that is your thing, just don't pretend to know that you know what you're talking about.

Quote:
no one is dropping 150- 180k on panamera thinking it's a true sports car.
they are buying an extremely fast 4 door sedan that handles much like a sports car.
Sure they are. They buy, think they can drive fast, and babble about nonsense at cars and coffee.

Last edited by orthojoe; 04-28-2013 at 10:23 AM. Reason: ADDED stuff and corrected spelling
orthojoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2013, 12:37 PM   #318
tones2SS


 
tones2SS's Avatar
 
Drives: '13 Roush S3 '16 Ram Sport 4X4
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Massachusetts
Posts: 3,088
Quote:
Originally Posted by orthojoe View Post
Not true. If you only daily drive on carbon ceramics, they will never wear out. Ever. Street use won't wear down carbon ceramics. If you track it properly, they WILL wear out. Just not as quickly.
I'm not so sure about "never". They definitely will wear more/quicker during tracking, which is pretty obvious.
Here is a statement I found online, and they are taking about a Ferrari here, but you get the point; “This feature means that the wear resistance of Carbon Ceramic Material guarantees an approximate disc life of 150,000 km (93,000 miles) for road use and 2,000 km (2,400 miles) for extreme track use (e.g. Ferrari Challenge),” Michelini said.
Not that you should believe every and anything you read online, but just a quick search brought me that.
Here is the web page if interested,
http://www.autoguide.com/auto-news/2...ic-brakes.html
__________________
tones2SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2013, 12:49 PM   #319
Bomino
 
Bomino's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 2ss/rs
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Nurburgring
Posts: 104
Quote:
Originally Posted by orthojoe View Post
Really? What makes you think that? Feeling a bit uncomfortable about my assertions?
More like:
Spoken like a guy that actually knows what he's talking about and actually takes his car to the track on frequent basis and isn't half bad at it:







Care to retract your statement? Care to share your own track experience other than on a video game machine? My Porsche had carbon ceramics on it. I removed them because they were wearing away after only 5 track days. Personal experience. How about you, pal? I understand plenty and do all the work on my cars myself. Be careful on assumptions and who you pick fights with, buddy. Watch towards the end of the first video if you want to see me pass some Chevy power. Enjoy sipping your coffee with all the other posers. See you at the track.....Chum...mmmmP
__________________
Bomino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2013, 01:33 PM   #320
TOBY J
 
Drives: BLOWN CAMARO SS PORSCHE PANNY TURBO
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: USA
Posts: 262
again:
you drive a car around a track and that makes you an EXPERT about people being posers or their every day driving choices for cars they choose or drive? too funny considering 90% will never see a track
poser to me = a guy with a boxster pretending it's a 911.

So driving a Z28 and not tracking = poser owning a 4 door porsche = poser ???

i'm confused by your car assumptions, they seem be like the following scenario.
example: a GTR IS A GREAT TRACK CAR but makes a POOR every day driver
for most. However using the logic you seem to be projecting that would be a great everyday driver because it goes around a track well

I'm sorry to be in a discussion with a guy who's an "expert" such as yourself.

Last edited by TOBY J; 04-28-2013 at 01:49 PM.
TOBY J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2013, 01:39 PM   #321
2cnd chance
Too Many Great Choices
 
2cnd chance's Avatar
 
Drives: Grand Sport/Z07
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: A Mountain Road
Posts: 7,082
Quote:
Originally Posted by orthojoe View Post
Really? What makes you think that? Feeling a bit uncomfortable about my assertions?
More like:
Spoken like a guy that actually knows what he's talking about and actually takes his car to the track on frequent basis and isn't half bad at it:







Care to retract your statement? Care to share your own track experience other than on a video game machine? My Porsche had carbon ceramics on it. I removed them because they were wearing away after only 5 track days. Personal experience. How about you, pal? I understand plenty and do all the work on my cars myself. Be careful on assumptions and who you pick fights with, buddy. Watch towards the end of the first video if you want to see me pass some Chevy power. Enjoy sipping your coffee with all the other posers. See you at the track.....Chum...mmmmP
__________________
2cnd chance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2013, 01:46 PM   #322
2cnd chance
Too Many Great Choices
 
2cnd chance's Avatar
 
Drives: Grand Sport/Z07
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: A Mountain Road
Posts: 7,082
Quote:
Originally Posted by TOBY J View Post
lol
again
you drive a car around a track and that makes you an EXPERT about people being posers or their every day driving choices for cars they choose or drive? too funny
poser to me = a guy with a boxster pretending it's a 911.

So driving a Z28 and not tracking = poser owning a 4 door porsche = poser ???

i'm confused by your car assumptions, they seem be like the following scenario.
example: a GTR IS A GREAT TRACK CAR but makes a POOR every day driver
for most. However using the logic you seem to be projecting that would be a great everyday driver because it goes around a track well



You've turned left when everyone else in the thread went right.
__________________
2cnd chance is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:29 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.