Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com
 
Nickey Chicago
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Specific Models / Packages > Camaro 1LE Forum

Camaro 1LE Forum Camaro 1LE Package releated discussions

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 04-28-2013, 09:16 PM   #1
Cleancoupe
 
Drives: 2013 AGM 2SS/RS/1LE
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Florida
Posts: 274
Help me make up my mind

So I've been wanting a camaro since I first saw the concept & I'm finally getting close to pulling the trigger on one, but now I'm second guessing myself. My local dealer found me the car i want a 2SS 1LE RS NPP in ashen gray. I test drove an 2SS on the lot they had, but didn't really get a wow factor that i was expecting from driving it. It was an automatic & of course I would be getting a manual.
Cleancoupe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2013, 09:22 PM   #2
beany323

 
beany323's Avatar
 
Drives: Camaro 2SS /RS/1LE
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Southern Cali.
Posts: 1,262
they wouldnt let you drive the 1le? i had a auto v6 and it isnt the same as a v8. driving the 1le wasnt required. i knew i wanted a stick v8. the 1le was just the frosting on the cake!

good luck with your choice!
__________________
"The fact the GT500 can barely beat a $37k car with 200 less horsepower speaks volumes. There are about a million mods you can do to a LS3 to make a Camaro do the 1/4 faster then a GT500." (Vroom.)

Updated w/ Willow Springs:
1. Nissan GTR Track Pack 1:19.6 2. Ducati 1198 S 1:19.7 3. Nissan GTR 1:20.3 4. Corvette Z06 1:20.4
5. Audi R8 V10 Plus 1:22.0 6. Ferrari 458 Italia 1:22.3
7. CAMARO SS 1LE 1:22.7
8. Shelby GT 500 1:23.5
9. Mustang Gt Track Pack 1:25.8
beany323 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2013, 09:33 PM   #3
Dropspeed
2013 Camaro SS1LECTSVZ28
 
Dropspeed's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 AGM 1SS/1LE
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Suburbs of Detroit, MI
Posts: 1,567
I drove an Edelbrock supercharged 2010 SS with complete Eibachs kit (spring swaybars, ect) on Bullrun in 2010 (NY to Las Vegas) and then last fall I drove a 2012 SS auto while staying in Scottsdale.

I test drove a 1LE for only about 3-4 miles and in that short time I can tell you it felt like a completely different car than either of the above two I mentioned. The performance numbers don't lie. It is a different beast than a standard SS if you are looking for something other than a straight line car.

Matt
__________________
Dropspeed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2013, 09:40 PM   #4
HighMtnSS
 
HighMtnSS's Avatar
 
Drives: '13 AGM 2SS/RS 1LE, 1 of 139
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Broomfield, Colorado
Posts: 142
The M6 1LE with NPP exhaust is definitely a bad ass car.

The exhaust has a mean rumble and the 3.91 rear end pulls noticeably harder than a standard SS.

And, the handling, shifting, steering feel, balance, and looks of the car are stout and unique.

GM should have produced every SS with 1LE specs from the start IMHO.

For me, my 1LE is a "poor man's" ZL1. Let the mods begin.

If you pull the trigger on the 1LE, you will definitely be joining the Permagrin club!
HighMtnSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2013, 09:51 PM   #5
menendez1293
Emerald Coast Camaros
 
menendez1293's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Camaro 2LT/RS M6
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Tallahassee FL
Posts: 9,212
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dropspeed View Post
I drove an Edelbrock supercharged 2010 SS with complete Eibachs kit (spring swaybars, ect) on Bullrun in 2010 (NY to Las Vegas) and then last fall I drove a 2012 SS auto while staying in Scottsdale.

I test drove a 1LE for only about 3-4 miles and in that short time I can tell you it felt like a completely different car than either of the above two I mentioned. The performance numbers don't lie. It is a different beast than a standard SS if you are looking for something other than a straight line car.

Matt
Quote:
Originally Posted by HighMtnSS View Post
The M6 1LE with NPP exhaust is definitely a bad ass car.

The exhaust has a mean rumble and the 3.91 rear end pulls noticeably harder than a standard SS.

And, the handling, shifting, steering feel, balance, and looks of the car are stout and unique.

GM should have produced every SS with 1LE specs from the start IMHO.

For me, my 1LE is a "poor man's" ZL1. Let the mods begin.

If you pull the trigger on the 1LE, you will definitely be joining the Permagrin club!
Man now your responses are making me really want to find a 1LE and take it for a test drive
__________________
Proud owner of litho #179 Click Picture for Build Thread
menendez1293 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2013, 10:02 PM   #6
Cleancoupe
 
Drives: 2013 AGM 2SS/RS/1LE
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Florida
Posts: 274
Thanks for some input. They didn't have a 1LE in stock that I could test drive. The one I'm looking at is a few states away so they'll have to get it trailered in for me. Everything I've been reading seems like the 1LE is a completely different beast than the regular SS. I'm sure I won't be disappointed.
Cleancoupe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2013, 10:06 PM   #7
Bad@ssCamaro
Ist State Chevy Supporter
 
Bad@ssCamaro's Avatar
 
Drives: 2015 1SS/1LE
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Western MA
Posts: 5,025
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cleancoupe View Post
Thanks for some input. They didn't have a 1LE in stock that I could test drive. The one I'm looking at is a few states away so they'll have to get it trailered in for me. Everything I've been reading seems like the 1LE is a completely different beast than the regular SS. I'm sure I won't be disappointed.
Dooooo iiiitt! I'm getting one and I haven't even driven one
__________________
Former Camaros: (gone but not forgotten)
1976 LT Black/Black 305 V8 (Bone Stock)
1976 LT Black/White 305 V8 (Bone Stock) except for Cragar chrome rims (yep - #2)
1985 Z-28 Black/Black 305 L69 M5(Bone Stock) I know: slow

Current Camaro:
CRT 1SS/1LE/RS/Recaro's/NPP/Nav/Rear vision pkg./BA speaker upgrade.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fbodfather View Post
CAFE STANDARDS! Get used to them or vote our electeds in Washington out of office...........
Bad@ssCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2013, 10:14 PM   #8
HighMtnSS
 
HighMtnSS's Avatar
 
Drives: '13 AGM 2SS/RS 1LE, 1 of 139
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Broomfield, Colorado
Posts: 142
It's a sweet ride! You will not be disappointed
HighMtnSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2013, 10:41 PM   #9
JimE


 
JimE's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 2SS/RS/1LE
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: St Louis, MO
Posts: 2,267
What do you really expect to hear on a CAMARO forum?

You either want it, or you don't. If you are not sure, test drive some other cars that fit your interest and then decide.
__________________
Perm-a-grin in place.....
JimE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 02:50 AM   #10
CamaroDreams76
Tri-County Camaro SWFL
 
CamaroDreams76's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 IOM 2SS/RS/1LE
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: South West FL
Posts: 323
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bad@ssCamaro View Post
Dooooo iiiitt! I'm getting one and I haven't even driven one
+1
__________________
CamaroDreams76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 05:29 AM   #11
JimE


 
JimE's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 2SS/RS/1LE
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: St Louis, MO
Posts: 2,267
Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroDreams76 View Post
+1
I didn't even test drive a Camaro before I bought mine.
__________________
Perm-a-grin in place.....
JimE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 06:12 AM   #12
gajagfan

 
Drives: 2013 1SS 1LE Black - Std Exhaust
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Brunswick, GA
Posts: 1,528
We have a 1LE on order, and only test drove a 2011 SS back in 2011. There is enough info out there to know what you are getting. You know your budget. You know if the fancy of a 2SS is more important than the performance of the 1LE (if like us you cannot have both). You know if you want the baddest Camaro out there, and you do not have to take a test drive to make this call. Get off the fence!
gajagfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 06:48 AM   #13
Zorns
 
Zorns's Avatar
 
Drives: ?
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Virginia
Posts: 133
I test drove a 45th Anniversary 2SS about 9 months ago. Nice. I test drove a 2SS/1LE....even better.
Zorns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 06:49 AM   #14
Southern Comfort
No Tags/Habitual Violator
 
Southern Comfort's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 SIM 1LE & 2010 ABM/LT/RS
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: North Georgia
Posts: 2,095
Keep in mind that 1LE is limited production. Your local dealer may not have the option to get one moved from another dealer.

So what are you using as a frame of reference for excitement?
__________________

'10 2SSVortech(sold) *'10 2LT ABM (sweet) *'13 1LE 2SS (sold) *'13 1LE 44? of 44*
Check out the Atlanta area A.C.E.5 events page
Got quality 5th Gen Camaro performance parts for sale? Shoot me a PM with what ya got and what ya want.
Southern Comfort is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 12:21 PM   #15
Chevrolet Customer Svc


 
Chevrolet Customer Svc's Avatar
 
Drives: GM Vehicles
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Michigan
Posts: 8,691
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cleancoupe View Post
So I've been wanting a camaro since I first saw the concept & I'm finally getting close to pulling the trigger on one, but now I'm second guessing myself. My local dealer found me the car i want a 2SS 1LE RS NPP in ashen gray. I test drove an 2SS on the lot they had, but didn't really get a wow factor that i was expecting from driving it. It was an automatic & of course I would be getting a manual.
Believe me,

Test drive it again and try to nab a manual on your second experience and you will change your mind.

William R.
Chevrolet Customer Care
Chevrolet Customer Svc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 03:15 PM   #16
WHAMMO

 
WHAMMO's Avatar
 
Drives: LS2 Fbody
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Canada
Posts: 968
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chevrolet Customer Svc View Post
Believe me,

Test drive it again and try to nab a manual on your second experience and you will change your mind.

William R.
Chevrolet Customer Care
I totally agree on that; manual is way different and has more hp. I would not even base my opinion on driving an auto Camaro. Theyre slow stock.
__________________
4th Gen SS/LS2 SB/LS3 heads/N20
WHAMMO is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:22 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.