Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

ADM PERFORMANCE
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Navigation, Radar, Electronics Forum

Old 03-15-2013, 07:45 PM   #18
Rhyder

Drives: 2012 45 Anniversary Vert
Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroSS45 View Post
Does this thing have a picture or did I just miss it? Even from a show or promo piece?
they only have the mustang one, they seem to have had that one ready right off the bat, its further up this thread....i wouldnt count on it looking anything like it...
Rhyder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2013, 09:38 AM   #19
jjwvette

Drives: Camaro SS
Got some info about the Kenwood install kits,should be coming out maybe 3rd or 4th quarter according to the guy's on the Kenwood forum.

According to them everything will work from the touch screen on there units

I will be buying one for sure

Kenwood has an exclusive partnership with ADS for some very cool OEM integration setups. With 2013 products and the new ADS firmware we are able to control heat and AC functions right from the kenwood touchscreens. 2010 Mustang will be the first released the softare is finished from my understanding and they are working on the plastic dash kits now. The camaro should be down the road 3rd/4th quarter.
jjwvette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2013, 09:40 AM   #20
Double D Mods

Drives: 2012 Grand Sport Convertible Vette
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjwvette View Post
Got some info about the Kenwood install kits,should be coming out maybe 3rd or 4th quarter according to the guy's on the Kenwood forum.

According to them everything will work from the touch screen on there units

I will be buying one for sure

The Camaro kit will be like this one in the Mustang
https://www.youtube.com/watch?featur...&v=iYZjA_BMHbg
Double D Mods is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2013, 11:19 AM   #21
PatsRS

Drives: 2012 45th Anniversary Edition
Does anyone know what this unit costs? Ball park?
I really would love to get a touchscreen but I don't wnat to lose any functionality or features or have to change any antennas.
This unit looks like it may be the answer.

GM ALL THE WAY!

PatsRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 10:02 AM   #22
45thCamaro

Drives: 2012 Camaro 45th Anniversary RS
Agreed. I will wait for this kit and to have the kinks worked out. But this looks like it's the way to go.
45thCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 10:02 AM   #23
45thCamaro

Agreed. I will wait for this kit and to have the kinks worked out. But this looks like it's the way to go.
Old 04-16-2013, 08:53 AM   #24
Eich

Drives: '11 SW/Beige 2SS RS Manual
The integrated HVAC controls in the head unit is a GREAT advancement. I've been longing for it for a LONG time. And since the dash kit only needs to be a plastic mould with no HVAC swtiches/controls/knobs, I HOPE they spend a lot of time on the aesthetics of it. It really needs to look nice.

Two other wishes of mine:

1. Wouldn't it be great if the head units had an option to plug in a temperature sensor so that the climate control could be AUTOMATIC ? !!!

2. Wouldn't it be great if there was an HVAC APP for iPads/tablets so that you could use a tablet as your ONLY "head unit" in the car? !!!
Eich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 12:16 AM   #25
DillonN

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2LT RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eich View Post
The integrated HVAC controls in the head unit is a GREAT advancement. I've been longing for it for a LONG time. And since the dash kit only needs to be a plastic mould with no HVAC swtiches/controls/knobs, I HOPE they spend a lot of time on the aesthetics of it. It really needs to look nice.

Two other wishes of mine:

1. Wouldn't it be great if the head units had an option to plug in a temperature sensor so that the climate control could be AUTOMATIC ? !!!

2. Wouldn't it be great if there was an HVAC APP for iPads/tablets so that you could use a tablet as your ONLY "head unit" in the car? !!!
Looking at the Mustang kit they've been showing off, the screen has a display of the outside temperature. Also the Metra kit currently shows outside temperature, so the kit should definitely know what the temperature is! It's definitely possible they'd do that, and if not it could be released as a software update later on.
The top Kenwood systems have wifi built in and are pretty integrated with smartphones (they actually run a version of android for the system) so they kind of are smaller tablets already, which is pretty cool!
DillonN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 08:06 AM   #26
Twoblindsheep
[COTW 1/6/14]

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS LS3
man... im still holding my breath on the kit.. i have a new speakers and subs.. but im not installing it till i get my radio and my kit..
Old 04-29-2013, 09:37 AM   #27
45thCamaro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twoblindsheep View Post
man... im still holding my breath on the kit.. i have a new speakers and subs.. but im not installing it till i get my radio and my kit..
Why not install the speakers an subs now? You can still use them w/o the kenwood kit?
Old 04-29-2013, 02:06 PM   #28
Twoblindsheep
[COTW 1/6/14]

yeah well it doesnt make any difference with the stock radio.. the aftermarket radio pushes more power so the speakers will sound better.. plus i dont wanna pay for 2 installs lol
Old 04-29-2013, 10:24 PM   #29
45thCamaro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twoblindsheep View Post
yeah well it doesnt make any difference with the stock radio.. the aftermarket radio pushes more power so the speakers will sound better.. plus i dont wanna pay for 2 installs lol
Oh I figured you would be doing the install. My bad.
Old 04-29-2013, 10:26 PM   #30
ReoRockStar

Drives: 2012 Camaro 2LT 45th AE
Anyone know what the price point is going to be on this badboy? I'm def interested.

~{Eat,Sleep,Drive}~
Old 04-29-2013, 11:15 PM   #31
TwentyTen2SSRS

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by ReoRockStar View Post
Anyone know what the price point is going to be on this badboy? I'm def interested.

~{Eat,Sleep,Drive}~
Me too!!
TwentyTen2SSRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 01:04 AM   #32
Johnthegreat

Drives: 2012 2SS/RS black camaro
Me 3
Johnthegreat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 02:38 AM   #33
GhOsT_2SS

I hope kenwood comes through with a dash kit and idata link. I do not like the current Scosche or Metra dash kits. They just seen so cheap and read they have issues. I currently have the Kenwood Excelon that they are showing in the video. I had it installed in my 07 F150 Harley edition, I just traded that truck for a 2013 2500 HD Duramax and pulled my Kenwood out to later install in my Camaro.

I was hoping the 2013 Stereo dash cover would fit a 2011 but don't think it does. I actually like the factory climate control just wish the stereo itself was removable and I could put my Kenwood excelon DNX690HD in the car.
GhOsT_2SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 11:18 AM   #34
crashprime

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1SS IOM M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by GhOsT_2SS View Post
I hope kenwood comes through with a dash kit and idata link. I do not like the current Scosche or Metra dash kits. They just seen so cheap and read they have issues. I currently have the Kenwood Excelon that they are showing in the video. I had it installed in my 07 F150 Harley edition, I just traded that truck for a 2013 2500 HD Duramax and pulled my Kenwood out to later install in my Camaro.

I was hoping the 2013 Stereo dash cover would fit a 2011 but don't think it does. I actually like the factory climate control just wish the stereo itself was removable and I could put my Kenwood excelon DNX690HD in the car.
I gave up waiting. The Metra and Scosche (in my opinion of course) look cheap as hell and do not at all fit in with the unique look of the Camaro interior.

This Kenwood kit looked pretty nice, but there's no way I can wait until the now rumored Q3/Q4 on a hope and a prayer.

A swap to the '13 dash would've been nice too, but the progress is slow moving, and there's only one guy working on it.
crashprime is offline   Reply With Quote