Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com
 
B&M
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Marketplace > Sponsors Classifieds Marketplace > Forced Induction

Forced Induction Items relating to superchargers / turbos / nitrous

View our official forum sponsors list.

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 04-29-2013, 03:21 PM   #1
NickJRE


 
NickJRE's Avatar
 
Drives: Nothing Fun.
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: CT
Posts: 1,058
Smaller Pulleys in stock for the new SLP 2300

Since there wasn't many Pulley options available for the new style SLP 2300 we decides to go ahead and make our own.

These pulley's are high quality like everything we sell.

Available in 3.2, 3.4 or 3.6. Right now we have 3.4's in stock ready to go.

Name:  ImageUploadedByTapatalk1367263236.137203.jpg
Views: 815
Size:  125.3 KB
NickJRE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 04:11 PM   #2
old motorhead

 
Drives: Maggie blown LS3 vette
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: SE TX
Posts: 1,313
I wonder why they felt the need to add one more screw. Haven't heard of any Maggie failures due to not enuff screws on the blower pulley. Guess it would have been too easy to make it interchange with the Maggie
old motorhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 05:48 PM   #3
kissmyss03
 
kissmyss03's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 Camaro SS 2SS/RS
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: macomb Twp
Posts: 132
kinda like askying why did apple go to a different connector with the iphone 5. bastards
__________________
2011 Camaro 2SS/RS M6
Kooks Headers, catless mids, corsa exhaust, rotofab intake, SLP TVS 2300, Vector tuned
kissmyss03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 09:00 AM   #4
NickJRE


 
NickJRE's Avatar
 
Drives: Nothing Fun.
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: CT
Posts: 1,058
Quote:
Originally Posted by kissmyss03 View Post
kinda like askying why did apple go to a different connector with the iphone 5. bastards
NickJRE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 02:25 PM   #5
Iam Broke
PHAT B33
 
Iam Broke's Avatar
 
Drives: 2012 TF3 Camaro 2SS/RS M6
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Dark of the Moon
Posts: 1,390
What size belt for the 3.4" on a '12?
__________________
Another 1 of 371 '12 T3 LS3 M6's built.
Iam Broke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 10:18 AM   #6
NickJRE


 
NickJRE's Avatar
 
Drives: Nothing Fun.
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: CT
Posts: 1,058
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iam Broke View Post
What size belt for the 3.4" on a '12?
Not quite sure on that. We haven't even had a chance to put one on a vehicle, I put the post up as soon as they came in the door
NickJRE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 10:26 AM   #7
NickJRE


 
NickJRE's Avatar
 
Drives: Nothing Fun.
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: CT
Posts: 1,058
Here's a link to them on our site:

http://www.jreperformanceparts.com/s...e-slp-s-c.html
NickJRE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 12:34 PM   #8
2sscamaro11
 
Drives: 2011 ss camaro
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: hamburg pa
Posts: 235
Is there anyway to give an approximate boost range for each pulley?
2sscamaro11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 12:59 PM   #9
NickJRE


 
NickJRE's Avatar
 
Drives: Nothing Fun.
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: CT
Posts: 1,058
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2sscamaro11 View Post
Is there anyway to give an approximate boost range for each pulley?
Approximately 1.5-2 lbs of boost per each size of pulley you drop.

The stock size pulley makes about 6.5 lbs..

So figure:

8 - 8.5 lbs with a 3.6

9.5 - 10 lbs with a 3.4

11 - 11.5 lbs with a 3.2
NickJRE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 04:45 PM   #10
Iam Broke
PHAT B33
 
Iam Broke's Avatar
 
Drives: 2012 TF3 Camaro 2SS/RS M6
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Dark of the Moon
Posts: 1,390
Should be close estimates. I make 8.5 - 9 psi on a 91mm SLP depending on temps. That's pretty close to the 3.6 size.

Good price on the 3.4 BTW. Might be ordering one once you know the Gates belt #.
__________________
Another 1 of 371 '12 T3 LS3 M6's built.

Last edited by Iam Broke; 05-02-2013 at 02:03 PM.
Iam Broke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2013, 08:44 PM   #11
Iam Broke
PHAT B33
 
Iam Broke's Avatar
 
Drives: 2012 TF3 Camaro 2SS/RS M6
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Dark of the Moon
Posts: 1,390
3.4" pulley looks like you need a Gates K061025, 5/8" shorter than the K061033 I'm running on an SLP 91mm (3.6"). Nothing in between the two by Gates.

Ordering up a 3.4, I'll post if the belt fits.
Attached Images
File Type: pdf GatesSizeListings.pdf (162.7 KB, 82 views)
__________________
Another 1 of 371 '12 T3 LS3 M6's built.

Last edited by Iam Broke; 05-05-2013 at 11:03 AM.
Iam Broke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 07:35 AM   #12
NickJRE


 
NickJRE's Avatar
 
Drives: Nothing Fun.
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: CT
Posts: 1,058
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iam Broke View Post
3.4" pulley looks like you need a Gates K061025, 5/8" shorter than the K061033 I'm running on an SLP 91mm (3.6"). Nothing in between the two by Gates.

Ordering up a 3.4, I'll post if the belt fits.
Awesome, Thank you! Let us know how it works out for you.
NickJRE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2013, 08:04 PM   #13
Iam Broke
PHAT B33
 
Iam Broke's Avatar
 
Drives: 2012 TF3 Camaro 2SS/RS M6
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Dark of the Moon
Posts: 1,390
Gates K061025 is too short, I have the K061033 on there and it's in between the wear marks on the tensioner but I am going to order a K061031. It is 1/4" shorter than the '1033 and should be perfect.
__________________
Another 1 of 371 '12 T3 LS3 M6's built.
Iam Broke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2013, 08:20 PM   #14
JANNETTYRACING
PRESIDENT CALIBRATOR JRE

 
JANNETTYRACING's Avatar
 
Drives: YELLOW 2013 ZL1 AUTO
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: ON THE DYNO WATERBURY CT.
Posts: 9,705
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iam Broke 6520625
Gates K061025 is too short, I have the K061033 on there and it's in between the wear marks on the tensioner but I am going to order a K061031. It is 1/4" shorter than the '1033 and should be perfect.
Thanks for Sharing,

Update; 3.2, 3.4, and 3.6 all in stock ready for shipping.
__________________
Technical information, Parts Sales, Professional Installation, and Custom Dyno Tuning.
Please vist our web sites for all your performance needs!
Ted Jannetty
Jannetty Racing Ent Inc.
2984 East Main St.
Waterbury Ct. 06705
203-753-7223
tedj@jannettyracing.com
www.jannettyracing.com
www.turboaddictionparts.com
Performance Parts
JANNETTYRACING is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2013, 09:02 PM   #15
james347
 
Drives: 2006 Crownline
Join Date: May 2012
Location: .
Posts: 711
And a 8 rib conversion kit along with it. Belt slippage is sure to be an issue. And are the new SLP Chargers coming with 'pinning' kits? I thought I read something about them not needing (included) with the stock config kit. So if you go with more boost you will probably want to pin the crank?
james347 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2013, 09:42 PM   #16
Iam Broke
PHAT B33
 
Iam Broke's Avatar
 
Drives: 2012 TF3 Camaro 2SS/RS M6
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Dark of the Moon
Posts: 1,390
Pinned it a while ago. No slippage on the 3.6" (SLP 91 mm) @ 9psi, we'll see how the 3.4" fairs.
__________________
Another 1 of 371 '12 T3 LS3 M6's built.
Iam Broke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2013, 08:45 AM   #17
JANNETTYRACING
PRESIDENT CALIBRATOR JRE

 
JANNETTYRACING's Avatar
 
Drives: YELLOW 2013 ZL1 AUTO
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: ON THE DYNO WATERBURY CT.
Posts: 9,705
Quote:
Originally Posted by james347 View Post
And a 8 rib conversion kit along with it. Belt slippage is sure to be an issue. And are the new SLP Chargers coming with 'pinning' kits? I thought I read something about them not needing (included) with the stock config kit. So if you go with more boost you will probably want to pin the crank?
We offer balancer Pining kits for smaller than stock pulleys on the SLP

The SLP has so much belt wrap slippage is not as Prevalent as other blowers.

Ted.
__________________
Technical information, Parts Sales, Professional Installation, and Custom Dyno Tuning.
Please vist our web sites for all your performance needs!
Ted Jannetty
Jannetty Racing Ent Inc.
2984 East Main St.
Waterbury Ct. 06705
203-753-7223
tedj@jannettyracing.com
www.jannettyracing.com
www.turboaddictionparts.com
Performance Parts
JANNETTYRACING is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2013, 06:39 PM   #18
james347
 
Drives: 2006 Crownline
Join Date: May 2012
Location: .
Posts: 711
Good to know. Thanks Ted!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JANNETTYRACING View Post
We offer balancer Pining kits for smaller than stock pulleys on the SLP

The SLP has so much belt wrap slippage is not as Prevalent as other blowers.

Ted.
james347 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2013, 10:42 AM   #19
Iam Broke
PHAT B33
 
Iam Broke's Avatar
 
Drives: 2012 TF3 Camaro 2SS/RS M6
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Dark of the Moon
Posts: 1,390
I forgot to post the pulley is very high quality as well. Hoping to drive it on Sun, weather permitting.
__________________
Another 1 of 371 '12 T3 LS3 M6's built.
Iam Broke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2013, 10:42 AM   #20
NickJRE


 
NickJRE's Avatar
 
Drives: Nothing Fun.
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: CT
Posts: 1,058
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iam Broke View Post
I forgot to post the pulley is very high quality as well. Hoping to drive it on Sun, weather permitting.
NickJRE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2013, 09:48 PM   #21
Unavowed
 
Drives: Car
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Yes
Posts: 176
Quote:
Originally Posted by JANNETTYRACING View Post
We offer balancer Pining kits for smaller than stock pulleys on the SLP

The SLP has so much belt wrap slippage is not as Prevalent as other blowers.

Ted.
What is the most HP you've made on the new SLP unit?
Unavowed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2013, 08:54 AM   #22
JANNETTYRACING
PRESIDENT CALIBRATOR JRE

 
JANNETTYRACING's Avatar
 
Drives: YELLOW 2013 ZL1 AUTO
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: ON THE DYNO WATERBURY CT.
Posts: 9,705
Quote:
Originally Posted by Unavowed View Post
What is the most HP you've made on the new SLP unit?
Since we just got the pulleys time will tell, that story.

The TVS 2300 so far Makes exactly the same power as the Maggie TVS2300

The Advantage, Less moving parts without the Jackshaft,

Better belt wrap due to pulley location.

Larger intercooler for Lower IAT,

Easier installation.

Cleaner Look,

Easier maintenance like changing injectors,

Port Matched Base Manifold.

There will always be a limit to what a 6 Rib Belt can turn but this one will turn More HP before an 8 or 10 Rib conversion is necessary.

I see 650 RWHP Being Very Easy with Cam and Headers.

Ted.
__________________
Technical information, Parts Sales, Professional Installation, and Custom Dyno Tuning.
Please vist our web sites for all your performance needs!
Ted Jannetty
Jannetty Racing Ent Inc.
2984 East Main St.
Waterbury Ct. 06705
203-753-7223
tedj@jannettyracing.com
www.jannettyracing.com
www.turboaddictionparts.com
Performance Parts
JANNETTYRACING is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2013, 08:14 PM   #23
TRC-SS
TIM "COTW 2-25-13"
 
TRC-SS's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 SuperCharged 567RWHP SS/RS LS3
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Shrewsbury Massachusetts
Posts: 4,603
Quote:
Originally Posted by JANNETTYRACING View Post
Since we just got the pulleys time will tell, that story.

The TVS 2300 so far Makes exactly the same power as the Maggie TVS2300

The Advantage, Less moving parts without the Jackshaft,

Better belt wrap due to pulley location.

Larger intercooler for Lower IAT,

Easier installation.

Cleaner Look,

Easier maintenance like changing injectors,

Port Matched Base Manifold.

There will always be a limit to what a 6 Rib Belt can turn but this one will turn More HP before an 8 or 10 Rib conversion is necessary.

I see 650 RWHP Being Very Easy with Cam and Headers.

Ted.
.....This is my future!!!!!

Loving the install Ted. The Power is addicting!!! Thankyou again!!
__________________
View Build HERE>>>>>MY 2011 2SS/RS JOURNAL
TRC-SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2013, 08:55 PM   #24
Iam Broke
PHAT B33
 
Iam Broke's Avatar
 
Drives: 2012 TF3 Camaro 2SS/RS M6
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Dark of the Moon
Posts: 1,390
Got two pulls in tonight in 3rd with the 3.4" pulley, saw a peak of 9.6 psi@ 6300 rpm.

60-100 mph time logged with HPTuners scanner was 4.01 sec on the best one. Shaved off another .2 sec and gained over 1 psi compared to the SLP 91mm (3.6") 55* ambient, 93* IAT's.
__________________
Another 1 of 371 '12 T3 LS3 M6's built.
Iam Broke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2013, 08:37 AM   #25
JANNETTYRACING
PRESIDENT CALIBRATOR JRE

 
JANNETTYRACING's Avatar
 
Drives: YELLOW 2013 ZL1 AUTO
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: ON THE DYNO WATERBURY CT.
Posts: 9,705
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iam Broke View Post
Got two pulls in tonight in 3rd with the 3.4" pulley, saw a peak of 9.6 psi@ 6300 rpm.

60-100 mph time logged with HPTuners scanner was 4.01 sec on the best one. Shaved off another .2 sec and gained over 1 psi compared to the SLP 91mm (3.6") 55* ambient, 93* IAT's.
How is your fuel pressure holding up?
__________________
Technical information, Parts Sales, Professional Installation, and Custom Dyno Tuning.
Please vist our web sites for all your performance needs!
Ted Jannetty
Jannetty Racing Ent Inc.
2984 East Main St.
Waterbury Ct. 06705
203-753-7223
tedj@jannettyracing.com
www.jannettyracing.com
www.turboaddictionparts.com
Performance Parts
JANNETTYRACING is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:12 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.