Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com
 
sjm autoprod
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Member Car Journals


Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 04-30-2013, 03:06 PM   #426
Wolfco13

 
Wolfco13's Avatar
 
Drives: 2012 2LT 45th Vert
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Lockport, NY
Posts: 809
That looks sweet!
I also like the way you painted the bezels around the gauges. I wish someone made polished covers that size, not those thin face rings.

Waiting for you to get to those brakes. Just rotors and pads, right? This is on my future list and I want to know if you see some better performance without also doing calipers, or is it just cosmetic until you go Brembo.
__________________
Wolfco13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 03:38 PM   #427
kjkjr27
COTW 9/16/13
 
kjkjr27's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 2LT/RS Camaro IOM
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Syracuse
Posts: 10,051
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolfco13 View Post
That looks sweet!
I also like the way you painted the bezels around the gauges. I wish someone made polished covers that size, not those thin face rings.

Waiting for you to get to those brakes. Just rotors and pads, right? This is on my future list and I want to know if you see some better performance without also doing calipers, or is it just cosmetic until you go Brembo.
Thanks much better than what it was haha.

Sorry haha been so busy with school but I'm almost done. So far I only have the front rotors on and I did notice an increase in breaking. Prob nothing compared to what it will be one the pads are on. I thought about upgrading to brembos but it was just cheaper to get new rotors and pads. Then I wasn't sure if I wanted the increase in weight since I don't put out that much power to need them. I'll try to get the brakes done ASAP so I can tell ya how it feels.
__________________
kjkjr27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2013, 07:23 PM   #428
Lil' Nasty
[COTW 4/13/15]
 
Lil' Nasty's Avatar
 
Drives: Supercharged V6
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Florida
Posts: 5,396
Quote:
Originally Posted by kjkjr27 View Post
Thanks much better than what it was haha.

Sorry haha been so busy with school but I'm almost done. So far I only have the front rotors on and I did notice an increase in breaking. Prob nothing compared to what it will be one the pads are on. I thought about upgrading to brembos but it was just cheaper to get new rotors and pads. Then I wasn't sure if I wanted the increase in weight since I don't put out that much power to need them. I'll try to get the brakes done ASAP so I can tell ya how it feels.
i hear you on the weight of the brembos....if all goes well with the zo6 brake conversion they'll def add alot of weight... 23.4 a piece for the front calipers!

But seriously man your car is looking sick and deserves a COTW...btw if youre looking for a good deal on springs i saw some hotchkis springs on ebay for cheap and some Eibachs on autoanything for cheap too if you want to drop
__________________
Lil' Nasty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2013, 08:22 PM   #429
kjkjr27
COTW 9/16/13
 
kjkjr27's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 2LT/RS Camaro IOM
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Syracuse
Posts: 10,051
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lil' Nasty View Post
i hear you on the weight of the brembos....if all goes well with the zo6 brake conversion they'll def add alot of weight... 23.4 a piece for the front calipers!

But seriously man your car is looking sick and deserves a COTW...btw if youre looking for a good deal on springs i saw some hotchkis springs on ebay for cheap and some Eibachs on autoanything for cheap too if you want to drop
Wow those are heavy! It would be cool to be COTW, honestly never thought I would have a chance to get it but maybe. Lately I have been leaning towards some coilovers, can lose some weight there and I know I could get some for about $1000 from I think BC Racing or something like that. My car def needs a good drop haha.
__________________
kjkjr27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2013, 10:35 PM   #430
Lil' Nasty
[COTW 4/13/15]
 
Lil' Nasty's Avatar
 
Drives: Supercharged V6
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Florida
Posts: 5,396
Totally agree lol heard enough spring stories where they needed to get new shocks and struts afterwards. But then again I might just get some LSR springs haha

Kind of focused on the gfx and zl1 bumper for now lol
__________________
Lil' Nasty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2013, 10:38 PM   #431
kjkjr27
COTW 9/16/13
 
kjkjr27's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 2LT/RS Camaro IOM
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Syracuse
Posts: 10,051
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lil' Nasty View Post
Totally agree lol heard enough spring stories where they needed to get new shocks and struts afterwards. But then again I might just get some LSR springs haha

Kind of focused on the gfx and zl1 bumper for now lol
Haha yea I'm pretty much focus on finding when to install my mods I have scattered around my apartment lol.
__________________
kjkjr27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2013, 05:54 PM   #432
kjkjr27
COTW 9/16/13
 
kjkjr27's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 2LT/RS Camaro IOM
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Syracuse
Posts: 10,051
Alright finally installed the rear bowtie I painted myself. After 2 hours, a lot of wax-free floss and pretty must a bottle of goo-gone the new bowtie was on. I highly suggest anyone who is going to do this heat up the rear bowtie to make it easier and use fish line instead of floss.

When I took off the factory rear bowtie this is what I was left to remove


After an hr I had most of it off


Finally after nearly 2 hours It was all gone


All that effort and aggravation it took literally two minutes to line up the new bowtie and put it on


So here are a before and after pic:
Before:


After:
__________________
kjkjr27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2013, 12:59 AM   #433
Lil' Nasty
[COTW 4/13/15]
 
Lil' Nasty's Avatar
 
Drives: Supercharged V6
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Florida
Posts: 5,396
Looks good brother!
__________________
Lil' Nasty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2013, 01:05 AM   #434
pierre777
HT5 COTW 9/3/2012
 
pierre777's Avatar
 
Drives: Cyber Bullet
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: lebanon
Posts: 4,584
Send a message via Skype™ to pierre777
niiiiiice love it.
__________________
pierre777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2013, 06:19 AM   #435
SilverSlayer-SS
SoCal HT5
 
SilverSlayer-SS's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 SS , 2014 SS
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Muscat-Oman
Posts: 1,462
looks great
__________________
SilverSlayer-SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2013, 08:53 AM   #436
Wolfco13

 
Wolfco13's Avatar
 
Drives: 2012 2LT 45th Vert
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Lockport, NY
Posts: 809
Ahh, that's nice!
Been there, it IS a PITA, but worth it. I didn't have Goo-Gone. I tried WD-40, but mostly just used alcohol. The only thing that seemed to work was elbow grease.
Now it looks like it was supposed to.
__________________
Wolfco13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2013, 02:59 PM   #437
kjkjr27
COTW 9/16/13
 
kjkjr27's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 2LT/RS Camaro IOM
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Syracuse
Posts: 10,051
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lil' Nasty View Post
Looks good brother!
Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pierre777 View Post
niiiiiice love it.
Thanks it def looks way better!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverSlayer-SS View Post
looks great
Thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolfco13 View Post
Ahh, that's nice!
Been there, it IS a PITA, but worth it. I didn't have Goo-Gone. I tried WD-40, but mostly just used alcohol. The only thing that seemed to work was elbow grease.
Now it looks like it was supposed to.
Thanks! And I agree haha. I was putting off installing it for so long because I didn't wanna spend such a long time removing the tape lol but I got bored so did it.



Now I am one step closer to removing all the chrome lol, next will prob be plasti-dipping the side letters. Thought about just removing them then painting and reinstalling but after dealing with that rear bowtie I'm good.
__________________
kjkjr27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2013, 03:04 PM   #438
Monchy36
ZLT!!! COTW (8/5/13)
 
Monchy36's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 IOM 1LT RS M6
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Slatington, PA
Posts: 4,748
Keep it coming K! looking really good!
Monchy36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2013, 04:05 PM   #439
ssmike
Missing Big Red
 
ssmike's Avatar
 
Drives: 2006 Corvette DSOM, '13 Equinox CRT
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Buffalo, NY
Posts: 6,506
Bowtie looks great! I'm finished with my chrome removal and remember my motto "Black is the new chrome"!
__________________

Not a Camaro but it works for now!
ssmike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2013, 04:24 PM   #440
kjkjr27
COTW 9/16/13
 
kjkjr27's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 2LT/RS Camaro IOM
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Syracuse
Posts: 10,051
Quote:
Originally Posted by Monchy36 View Post
Keep it coming K! looking really good!
Thanks Man!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssmike View Post
Bowtie looks great! I'm finished with my chrome removal and remember my motto "Black is the new chrome"!
Thanks! I agree the chrome looks out of place and never really was a fan of it in general.
__________________
kjkjr27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013, 12:18 PM   #441
kjkjr27
COTW 9/16/13
 
kjkjr27's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 2LT/RS Camaro IOM
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Syracuse
Posts: 10,051
Quick Update:

Well got some good news and bad news. I'll start with the bad news first:

Last week had my car parked in the spot I part at outside my apartment window and some old guy backed right into it hitting the driver side door leaving two lovely dents. I'll post pics and talk about it more once the other guys insurance pays to get it fixed. I'll either have to get the door repainted (thanks to lovely scratches at the contact point) or get a new door.

The good news:
Looks like I will be getting a garage so nothing like that should happen again, plus it will give me some place to work on my car without having to do it in the middle of the parking lot.

The other good news:
Attended a show on Sunday, prob about 100 cars. Managed to win my first award and took Top 50. Got a cool looking license plate thingy, now just gotta figure out where to hang it
__________________
kjkjr27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013, 12:21 PM   #442
menendez1293
Emerald Coast Camaros
 
menendez1293's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Camaro 2LT/RS M6
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Tallahassee FL
Posts: 9,649
Quote:
Originally Posted by kjkjr27 View Post
Quick Update:

Well got some good news and bad news. I'll start with the bad news first:

Last week had my car parked in the spot I part at outside my apartment window and some old guy backed right into it hitting the driver side door leaving two lovely dents. I'll post pics and talk about it more once the other guys insurance pays to get it fixed. I'll either have to get the door repainted (thanks to lovely scratches at the contact point) or get a new door.

The good news:
Looks like I will be getting a garage so nothing like that should happen again, plus it will give me some place to work on my car without having to do it in the middle of the parking lot.

The other good news:
Attended a show on Sunday, prob about 100 cars. Managed to win my first award and took Top 50. Got a cool looking license plate thingy, now just gotta figure out where to hang it
Sorry to hear about the little accident in the parking lot but at least he didn't run off and leave your car like that. And congrats on both the Trophy and Garage. Its awesome getting the first one and its awesome to have a garage to not have to worry about your camaro being outside where bad things can happen
__________________
Proud owner of litho #179 Click Picture for Build Thread
menendez1293 is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Reply

Tags
12secbuild

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
[COTW 3/21/11]: "MAC" GB EB Member Car Journals 172 03-27-2014 07:50 PM
SlowSS's Build Thread SlowSS Member Car Journals 47 03-01-2014 12:20 PM
HOW MUCH $$$ HAS CAMARO5 COST YOU? GB EB 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions 117 02-18-2013 12:10 PM
[COTW 11/29/10]: My 2011 IOM 2SS/RS's journey lock Member Car Journals 66 06-08-2012 10:34 PM
Blake's unique IOM LED Crazy Member Car Journals 9 06-02-2011 01:49 AM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:50 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.