Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Hines Performance (HPE)
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Marketplace > Sponsors Classifieds Marketplace > Transmission / Driveline

Transmission / Driveline Shifters, differentials, gears, rearends, clutch

View our official forum sponsors list.

Old 02-08-2013, 04:30 PM   #26
Klepton

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS, LS3, SW w/ IOM package
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDP Motorsports View Post
We spent a lot of time tracking the hose and caps down as well as validating there ability to withstand brake fluid. It is a special hose that is hard to find and it is included in our kits along with all of the required hardware needed to complete the installation. Please feel free to call, email or PM me anytime with questions.

Kind regards,

Jordan Priestley
Thanks, but that still doesn't answer my question.
I appreciate the research done on the hose/cap you include in your kit, but I'm not asking for the type of material they are made of because I want to find them on my own. Instead, I'm asking because I'd like confirmation that they are the material that I need/want them to be before pulling the trigger on purchasing this kit...so whether they are special and hard to find outside of this kit is irrelevant to me.
Klepton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 06:56 PM   #27
stratman2SSRS

Drives: Lingenfelter Camaro
JDP, do you have any instructions for installing the kit?
I'm planning on installing mine soon, and didn't get any instructions.
I guess that once I get started it should be straight forward??
Thanks
Old 02-11-2013, 02:41 PM   #28
solo40oz

Drives: My wife crazy
Quote:
Originally Posted by stratman2SSRS View Post
JDP, do you have any instructions for installing the kit?
I'm planning on installing mine soon, and didn't get any instructions.
I guess that once I get started it should be straight forward??
Thanks
I'd like to see instructions as well. I'm thinking about buying one of these and curious why an extra line is needed - can the original line just be attached to the new reservoir?
solo40oz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 11:21 AM   #29
Klepton

Quote:
Originally Posted by solo40oz View Post
I'd like to see instructions as well. I'm thinking about buying one of these and curious why an extra line is needed - can the original line just be attached to the new reservoir?
A new line is needed because once you attach the bracket in this kit under the stock brake/clutch reservoir and then attach the new reservoir to the bracket, the original line will not reach the new reservoir.
Old 02-24-2013, 02:43 PM   #30
Klepton

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klepton View Post
Hey Jordan,
What material are the brake reservoir cap and brake/clutch line made of?
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDP Motorsports View Post
We spent a lot of time tracking the hose and caps down as well as validating there ability to withstand brake fluid. It is a special hose that is hard to find and it is included in our kits along with all of the required hardware needed to complete the installation. Please feel free to call, email or PM me anytime with questions.

Kind regards,

Jordan Priestley
Quote:
Thanks, but that still doesn't answer my question.
I appreciate the research done on the hose/cap you include in your kit, but I'm not asking for the type of material they are made of because I want to find them on my own. Instead, I'm asking because I'd like confirmation that they are the material that I need/want them to be before pulling the trigger on purchasing this kit...so whether they are special and hard to find outside of this kit is irrelevant to me.
Any response? I just want to know before I pull the trigger on this kit. PM me the answer if you'd like to sell a kit...
Old 03-22-2013, 08:13 AM   #31
hcoll003
Proven Wicked Suspension

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
Hey Jordan, I'm about to make the order on the stage I kit. Could you post up some install instructions? I want to see how difficult it is. Excuse me if you've already addressed where to get the instructions. Thanks!
hcoll003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2013, 01:21 AM   #32
HeritageLS

Drives: 2012 1LS Camaro (Victory Red)
basically the same except the video has a bent bracket whereas JDPs bracket is straight out rather than angled so the original hose won't reach hence the need for the hose they supply.

I don't mean to post this up as a "dont buy the kit and DIY" I just think its a well put together video and shows you exactly how to do it minus adding the new hose which should be easy enough to figure out

**If this post comes off as it hurts JDPs sale of the product please let me know and I'll remove the video or a mod can take it down**

I didn't feel like making my own kit plus they get it to you at a great price. Just ordered my stage 1 kit.

Thanks JDP

Last edited by HeritageLS; 03-25-2013 at 06:00 PM.
HeritageLS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 06:28 PM   #33
hcoll003
Proven Wicked Suspension

Thanks! My stage 1 kit is on! Great mod, the only thing I hate is removing the original clutch line from the firewall, it's a total pain!

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeritageLS View Post
basically the same except the video has a bent bracket whereas JDPs bracket is straight out rather than angled so the original hose won't reach hence the need for the hose they supply.

I don't mean to post this up as a "dont buy the kit and DIY" I just think its a well put together video and shows you exactly how to do it minus adding the new hose which should be easy enough to figure out

**If this post comes off as it hurts JDPs sale of the product please let me know and I'll remove the video or a mod can take it down**

I didn't feel like making my own kit plus they get it to you at a great price. Just ordered my stage 1 kit.

Thanks JDP
Old 04-06-2013, 03:11 PM   #34
HeritageLS

Drives: 2012 1LS Camaro (Victory Red)
JDP Motorsports | LS3 Clutch Reservoir Relocation Kits | In Stock

It is installed woot

Only issue was the clamp for the reservoir plug was too small but it was an easy fix

Car is now protected

Last edited by HeritageLS; 04-06-2013 at 06:44 PM.
HeritageLS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 12:35 PM   #35
JDP Motorsports

Drives: 2011 JDP Track Spec Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeritageLS View Post
It is installed woot

Only issue was the clamp for the reservoir plug was too small but it was an easy fix

Car is now protected
I'm glad you were able to get everything worked out! The clamp for the Stage 1 Cap is small but it works once it has been opened up a bit it works well. I didn't want to go to the worm type clamps as they don't look OEM.

Please feel free to call, email or PM me anytime with questions. I appreciate your business and support! Have a great day and we'll talk to you soon!

Kind regards,

Jordan Priestley

Click HERE to send a PM | jordan@jdpmotorsports.com | www.jdpmotorsports.com | 888.308.6007
JDP Motorsports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 03:41 PM   #36
ackeight

Drives: 10' 2SS/RS
Have you had issues with the plug on the reservoir and motive bleeders. Can it hold up to 20psi without popping off?
Old 04-19-2013, 12:34 PM   #37
EZ SPEED
ZZOSIXX

Drives: 2009 Corvette Z06
I am collecting up all the parts I need to swap my 6l80e for a TR6060 Manual Trans.
Are you still offering the free shipping on the stage 1 clutch reservoir kit?
EZ SPEED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2013, 01:41 PM   #38
JDP Tyler

Drives: Chevys at the limit
Quote:
Originally Posted by ackeight View Post
Have you had issues with the plug on the reservoir and motive bleeders. Can it hold up to 20psi without popping off?
It should be okay, but typically we only run our bleeders up to about 5psi. I think it would ultimately come down to the clamp used.

Quote:
Originally Posted by EZ SPEED View Post
I am collecting up all the parts I need to swap my 6l80e for a TR6060 Manual Trans.
Are you still offering the free shipping on the stage 1 clutch reservoir kit?
Yep still on for $59.95 with free shipping to the lower 48! Feel free to call, PM or email me anytime with questions.

Best regards,

Tyler
888-308-6007

Click HERE to send me a PM | Sales@jdpmotorsports.com | www.jdpmotorsports.com | JDP Facebook | 888.308.6007
JDP Tyler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2013, 03:55 PM   #39
jimmy714

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS LS3
Just installed. I think when I poured new fluid, it did not run through the new tube. I pumped the clutch a couple of times and then filled up again. Did this until the fluid level stopped moving.

Did I goof up somewhere or is this okay? Should I worry about air in my clutch?

Thanks
jimmy714 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 11:56 AM   #40
JDP Tyler

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmy714
Just installed. I think when I poured new fluid, it did not run through the new tube. I pumped the clutch a couple of times and then filled up again. Did this until the fluid level stopped moving.

Did I goof up somewhere or is this okay? Should I worry about air in my clutch?

Thanks
Nope your good! Please feel free to call, PM or email me anytime with questions.

Best regards,

Tyler
888-308-6007

Click HERE to send me a PM | Sales@jdpmotorsports.com | www.jdpmotorsports.com | JDP Facebook | 888.308.6007
Old 04-28-2013, 11:20 AM   #41
GVA 45TH 2SS
KNGTFALL

Drives: 2012 2SS 45th edition
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sales@JDP View Post

Yep still on for $59.95 with free shipping to the lower 48! Feel free to call, PM or email me anytime with questions.

Best regards,

Tyler
888-308-6007
is there a promo code on shipping?
regular ground is showing up as almost $18 to North Carolina
GVA 45TH 2SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2013, 11:43 AM   #42
Klepton

Use Coupon Code FREESHIPPING for FREE GROUND SHIPPING TO THE LOWER 48!
Old 04-28-2013, 08:05 PM   #43
GVA 45TH 2SS
KNGTFALL

Drives: 2012 2SS 45th edition
Quote:
Use Coupon Code FREESHIPPING for FREE GROUND SHIPPING TO THE LOWER 48!
GVA 45TH 2SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 11:24 AM   #44
JDP Tyler

Feel free to call, PM or email me anytime with questions!

Best regards,

Tyler
888-308-6007

Old 04-30-2013, 10:23 PM   #45
Klepton

I finally got around to completing this mod. However, it was a pain in the ass! I had such a hard time taking the clamp off the stock brake/clutch line on the firewall side because I could not reach in there with my right hand and my injured left shoulder doesn't have its complete range of motion back to allow me to do it with my left hand. Therefore, I ended up bending the bracket provided with this kit on the clutch reservoir so that it was close enough to attach the stock brake/clutch line to it. Another problem I had was with the small clamp that is provided with the plug in this kit. It was way too small and I couldn't make it go over the tip of the stock brake/clutch reservoir nipple. I ended up having to purchase a bigger clamp from Auto Zone. It was slightly bigger than it needed to be, but small enough to prevent the plug from coming out.

This allows the usage of the stock brake/clutch line, which is what I wanted all along. Therefore, you don't have to go through the hassle of replacing the stock line!

Last edited by Klepton; 01-24-2014 at 02:58 AM. Reason: Updated picture links since their location moved
Old 05-01-2013, 11:39 AM   #46
JDP Tyler

Quote:
I finally got around to completing this mod. However, it was a pain in the ass! I had such a hard time taking the clamp off the stock brake/clutch line on the firewall side because I could not reach in there with my right hand and my injured left shoulder doesn't have its complete range of motion back to allow me to do it with my left hand. Therefore, I ended up bending the bracket provided with this kit on the clutch reservoir so that it was close enough to attach the stock brake/clutch line to it. Another problem I had was with the small clamp that is provided with the plug in this kit. It was way too small and I couldn't make it go over the tip of the stock brake/clutch reservoir nipple. I ended up having to purchase a bigger clamp from Auto Zone. It was slightly bigger than it needed to be, but small enough to prevent the plug from coming out.

This allows the usage of the stock brake/clutch line, which is what I wanted all along. Therefore, you don't have to go through the hassle of replacing the stock line!
Glad you got it in! That clamp on the firewall can be a real PITA! We recommend a long set of needle nose pliers, preferably with a small bend in them like so:

This will make short work of that clamp.

As for the cap clamp, it is a bit small, but if you open it up using 2 sets of pliers, it will provide a very good hold.

Feel free to call, Pm or email me anytime with questions.

Best regards,

Tyler
888-308-6007

Old 05-08-2013, 10:14 AM   #47
hcoll003
Proven Wicked Suspension

For those who can't seem to use the small clamp that was provided, I used a zip-tie and turned it towards the bottom so you can't see the little square receiver of the zip-tie. I tightened the crap out of it and I cut the excess. It blends in well because it's black.
Old 05-08-2013, 02:14 PM   #48
1hotchevy
Scottish Knight

Drives: RS/2SS 6 speed manual
ERROR

i keep getting this message:

403 FORBIDDEN!
Why, hello xxxx.xxxx.xxxx
You do not have permission to access this section of our website.
It's kind of a security thing that we don't allow.</B>

This error is most likely due to folder structure abuse by use of your IP address or because
you are a naughty bot that is known to cause havoc.
If you believe you should be able to access this section please contact the
creator or the site current administrator.
Old 05-08-2013, 02:37 PM   #49
JDP Tyler

I apologize for the inconvenience.. Our Website is currently down. If you have questions, need pricing or wish to order, feel free to give me a call toll-free at 888-308-6007 and I can assist you over the phone.

Best regards,

Tyler
888-308-6007

Old 05-08-2013, 06:57 PM   #50
BAWLZ SS

Drives: '10 Camaro LS3 2SS/RS, 1968 Nova
Just ordered the Stage 2. Cant wait to install it!!!!
Performance- Kooks Headers w/HF cats, ZL1 Corsa exhaust, VMax, CAI Inc. CAI, MGW shifter, RX CC Suspension - KW V3 Coilovers/ Full PFADT & BMR suspension Appearance - ZL1 Fascia/Sides/ Diffuser, AAC Afterburners, RK Sport 3pc Spoiler, SLP Black out Kit
BAWLZ SS is offline   Reply With Quote