Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com
 
Gen5DIY
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Regional Forums > Canada

Canada Leafs

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 04-29-2013, 07:25 PM   #26
Meltdownaverted
I sell Camaro's
 
Meltdownaverted's Avatar
 
Drives: traded 11 2SS RS SGM for 13 SS 1LE
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Brooks Alberta Canada
Posts: 1,318
Ask cause I just picked up a set of take offs to put my drag radials on and I figure I'll plasi dip them too
__________________
Meltdownaverted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 07:29 PM   #27
GbrilliantQ
¡ʇuɐıןןıɹq
 
GbrilliantQ's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 Camaro IOM 2SS/RS
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Decatur, Illinois
Posts: 2,612
Quote:
Originally Posted by RickRay View Post
What happens when you change tires...will it show marks around the rim?
I took my rims off half a dozen times with mine and never had any problems. No marks or messed up dip. You have to be careful each time though and when you finish dipping them, make surr you let them dry and cure for a few hours before you reinstall them.

From my Note
__________________
GbrilliantQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 08:27 AM   #28
Tyler H
XLR8TNG
 
Drives: 2013 Camaro ZL1
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Calgary,Ab
Posts: 372
You did a great job. I've also seen the dip used on the bow ties. I'd love to play with Plasti Dip but I'm chicken to try due to messing up. I ordered bow tie blackouts and gill decals online for 140 dollars. ( two sets in fear of messing up) the cards were a great idea also. Nice to change your look once in a while. The beauty is that you can change back at any time!
Tyler H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 12:31 PM   #29
smarbrit
 
Drives: 2012 Camaro 2SS/RS IOM
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Calgary, AB
Posts: 617
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyler H View Post
You did a great job. I've also seen the dip used on the bow ties. I'd love to play with Plasti Dip but I'm chicken to try due to messing up. I ordered bow tie blackouts and gill decals online for 140 dollars. ( two sets in fear of messing up) the cards were a great idea also. Nice to change your look once in a while. The beauty is that you can change back at any time!
Well thank you!

I mentioned this to my boys (boyfriend and brother) after we had done the wheels that we should do the bow ties as well - they loved the idea, until I researched how to get them off the car and they both said eff it.....(hangovers are not good motivators for diy projects)

Don't be afraid of it, it was stupid easy to do as long as you know how to spray paint. We hadn't planned on doing it, my brother has a jeep he takes off roading and he did his. Loved it and decided I should do mine when my bf started to change over my wheels (winter-summer). We covered the car to protect from overspray as it was really windy Saturday and did the wheels in the garage.
smarbrit is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 12:38 PM   #30
dragon22

 
dragon22's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS SIM
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Calgary, Alberta
Posts: 1,679
Sheena, it looks good! If you want to try a slightly glossy look on the wheels, you can use the glossifier. It adds a bit of pop without going overboard. I do like the look though!
__________________
2010 2SS/RS - 6M Silver Ice Metallic

ARH LT Headers with MBRP 3" catback exhaust, Cold Air Inductions CAI, ZL1 inspired splitter, ZL1 Grille, Rear Fascia blackout, Gill decals, Aftermarket Hurst Short Throw shifter, Tune by Jannetty Racing.
dragon22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 10:06 PM   #31
smarbrit
 
Drives: 2012 Camaro 2SS/RS IOM
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Calgary, AB
Posts: 617
Quote:
Originally Posted by dragon22 View Post
Sheena, it looks good! If you want to try a slightly glossy look on the wheels, you can use the glossifier. It adds a bit of pop without going overboard. I do like the look though!
Thanks Tom!! I like them flat but that may help balance the look a bit...hmmm I think I jynxed spring tho...bloody snow....

my tires are running weird, hard to explain, but overall feel off. I still have to reset my tsp and I can't find find my tire pressure gauge....but I don't think it's air. Doesn't feel like a balancing issue either but could be wrong....I know the tires run different in the cold, but I park in a heated parkade, was there for 11 hours and when I left they feel the same as first thing in the morning.

Any suggestions? Oops just high jacked my own thread...lol
smarbrit is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 10:10 PM   #32
Meltdownaverted
I sell Camaro's
 
Meltdownaverted's Avatar
 
Drives: traded 11 2SS RS SGM for 13 SS 1LE
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Brooks Alberta Canada
Posts: 1,318
Will feel weird after the winters as the ride may feel a bit stiffer....so weird how?
__________________
Meltdownaverted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 10:21 PM   #33
smarbrit
 
Drives: 2012 Camaro 2SS/RS IOM
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Calgary, AB
Posts: 617
Oh, I can tell that difference quite clearly between the 2.

Shaky, but we've checked to make sure they are on properly. The ride isn't smooth like I remember, but I didn't have the car this time last year, so not sure if it's temp related....

I can say, I haven't felt like flooring it in corners as it just feels off. Called the dealer and they said they'll send a foreman or someone out for a ride with me...just need to find time to stop in...
smarbrit is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 12:59 AM   #34
dragon22

 
dragon22's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS SIM
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Calgary, Alberta
Posts: 1,679
Quote:
Originally Posted by smarbrit View Post
Thanks Tom!! I like them flat but that may help balance the look a bit...hmmm I think I jynxed spring tho...bloody snow....

my tires are running weird, hard to explain, but overall feel off. I still have to reset my tsp and I can't find find my tire pressure gauge....but I don't think it's air. Doesn't feel like a balancing issue either but could be wrong....I know the tires run different in the cold, but I park in a heated parkade, was there for 11 hours and when I left they feel the same as first thing in the morning.

Any suggestions? Oops just high jacked my own thread...lol
Might be a dumb question, but are you sure the tire shop put the wheels on the correct ends of the car? LOL

I know my car feels different when I put the performance ones on as well. The winters are so sticky and soft, it's like putting the car on rails afterward. Good call on getting the foreman to go for a ride. If you were off the next couple of days, I would lend what little expertise I may have. LOL

BTW...taking my car in tomorrow to Southgate. The AC belt snapped off. Now I know that doesn't just happen, so I'm pretty sure I'm looking at a new compressor as well. I know it snapped off because it didn't take the main serpentine belt off with it.

Also...last Thursday, I was sitting in a parking lot and a little asian guy pulled in beside me and threw his door open so hard, I thought a car had hit me. Imagine my displeasure to see a dent in my LR 1/4 panel above the wheel. 3" long and 1/2" deep!

I explained rather sternly that he was paying for it! Got his information. Took it to the dent clinic and they said it will not look the same again. :( Said they can get most of it out, but it will only be about 80% perfect. It is in the worse possible spot ever! So...I'll get a quote from Southgate to make it perfect and he can pay for it!
__________________
2010 2SS/RS - 6M Silver Ice Metallic

ARH LT Headers with MBRP 3" catback exhaust, Cold Air Inductions CAI, ZL1 inspired splitter, ZL1 Grille, Rear Fascia blackout, Gill decals, Aftermarket Hurst Short Throw shifter, Tune by Jannetty Racing.
dragon22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 01:05 AM   #35
blink
dave
 
blink's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 2LT/RS
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Dewey Beach, Delaware
Posts: 289
They look great. I'm gonna steal your idea with the cards. Did they work well or did they leave little card marks by the inside edges of the wheel?

I agree with the white stripes though.
__________________
blink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 08:21 AM   #36
Tyler H
XLR8TNG
 
Drives: 2013 Camaro ZL1
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Calgary,Ab
Posts: 372
Quote:
Originally Posted by smarbrit View Post
Well thank you!

I mentioned this to my boys (boyfriend and brother) after we had done the wheels that we should do the bow ties as well - they loved the idea, until I researched how to get them off the car and they both said eff it.....(hangovers are not good motivators for diy projects)

Don't be afraid of it, it was stupid easy to do as long as you know how to spray paint. We hadn't planned on doing it, my brother has a jeep he takes off roading and he did his. Loved it and decided I should do mine when my bf started to change over my wheels (winter-summer). We covered the car to protect from overspray as it was really windy Saturday and did the wheels in the garage.
If I screw up the decal install I am going to Plasti dip the bow ties. No need to remove them. Just going to mask them off.
Tyler H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 09:00 AM   #37
smarbrit
 
Drives: 2012 Camaro 2SS/RS IOM
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Calgary, AB
Posts: 617
Quote:
Originally Posted by dragon22 View Post
Might be a dumb question, but are you sure the tire shop put the wheels on the correct ends of the car? LOL

I know my car feels different when I put the performance ones on as well. The winters are so sticky and soft, it's like putting the car on rails afterward. Good call on getting the foreman to go for a ride. If you were off the next couple of days, I would lend what little expertise I may have. LOL

BTW...taking my car in tomorrow to Southgate. The AC belt snapped off. Now I know that doesn't just happen, so I'm pretty sure I'm looking at a new compressor as well. I know it snapped off because it didn't take the main serpentine belt off with it.

Also...last Thursday, I was sitting in a parking lot and a little asian guy pulled in beside me and threw his door open so hard, I thought a car had hit me. Imagine my displeasure to see a dent in my LR 1/4 panel above the wheel. 3" long and 1/2" deep!

I explained rather sternly that he was paying for it! Got his information. Took it to the dent clinic and they said it will not look the same again. :( Said they can get most of it out, but it will only be about 80% perfect. It is in the worse possible spot ever! So...I'll get a quote from Southgate to make it perfect and he can pay for it!
That's horrible about your car! Good thing you were there and got the guys info, makes you wonder what people are thinking. Hopefully it can be fixed right and not just 80%, I'd be making the guy buy you a new door if it can't be fixed. Good luck!!

Shop didn't change tires, Jason and my bro did.....thinking the shop will be doing the next one....yes they are on right I hope it's just me being a noob I work during the days, but thank you. I'll hit the dealer on the way in to work, even Saturday would be fine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by blink View Post
They look great. I'm gonna steal your idea with the cards. Did they work well or did they leave little card marks by the inside edges of the wheel?

I agree with the white stripes though.
Cards worked great, no marks that I can see, just make sure you get the edges,,I've noticed its a little thin in a couple of spots, but I think I'm the only one who would notice.

Worse case, they stay black for the summer, I can redo them in smoke in the fall when they come off. I do like it much better than the chrome, and it really helps with the decision of what wheels to put on when I decide to get new ones...not black.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyler H View Post
If I screw up the decal install I am going to Plasti dip the bow ties. No need to remove them. Just going to mask them off.
smarbrit is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 09:28 AM   #38
Weekend driver
 
Drives: 2012 Camaro 2SS/RS IOM
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Calgary
Posts: 5
The rims are running straight - jacked it up and spun them against a guide. The tire is distorted - not a flat spot, but the distortion matches the distance from the rods on the tire rack where they spent the last seven months. IMO they need a few days of aggressive driving to get the temps up to take the distortion out - I volunteer to take the car out on the weekend to solve the problem.
Weekend driver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 09:52 AM   #39
dragon22

 
dragon22's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS SIM
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Calgary, Alberta
Posts: 1,679
Quote:
Originally Posted by Weekend driver View Post
The rims are running straight - jacked it up and spun them against a guide. The tire is distorted - not a flat spot, but the distortion matches the distance from the rods on the tire rack where they spent the last seven months. IMO they need a few days of aggressive driving to get the temps up to take the distortion out - I volunteer to take the car out on the weekend to solve the problem.
LMAO!!! That is the problem, I am sure. These performance tires need to be kept warm or this will occur. The will straighten out as it gets warmer, I hope. LOL
__________________
2010 2SS/RS - 6M Silver Ice Metallic

ARH LT Headers with MBRP 3" catback exhaust, Cold Air Inductions CAI, ZL1 inspired splitter, ZL1 Grille, Rear Fascia blackout, Gill decals, Aftermarket Hurst Short Throw shifter, Tune by Jannetty Racing.
dragon22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 10:33 AM   #40
smarbrit
 
Drives: 2012 Camaro 2SS/RS IOM
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Calgary, AB
Posts: 617
Well, I will admit, they felt much better this morning, so mental note to self...reread this thread in a year as a reminder!!!

As for Mr. Weekend Driver taking her out on the weekend - I'm in, lets go for a cruise, I might even let you sit in the drivers seat for a bit...
smarbrit is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 01:13 PM   #41
dragon22

 
dragon22's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS SIM
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Calgary, Alberta
Posts: 1,679
Quote:
Originally Posted by smarbrit View Post
Well, I will admit, they felt much better this morning, so mental note to self...reread this thread in a year as a reminder!!!

As for Mr. Weekend Driver taking her out on the weekend - I'm in, lets go for a cruise, I might even let you sit in the drivers seat for a bit...
__________________
2010 2SS/RS - 6M Silver Ice Metallic

ARH LT Headers with MBRP 3" catback exhaust, Cold Air Inductions CAI, ZL1 inspired splitter, ZL1 Grille, Rear Fascia blackout, Gill decals, Aftermarket Hurst Short Throw shifter, Tune by Jannetty Racing.
dragon22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 10:02 PM   #42
Meltdownaverted
I sell Camaro's
 
Meltdownaverted's Avatar
 
Drives: traded 11 2SS RS SGM for 13 SS 1LE
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Brooks Alberta Canada
Posts: 1,318
Bring a helmet, Cruise up to Castrol Friday and do some performance driving
__________________
Meltdownaverted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 01:06 AM   #43
dragon22

 
dragon22's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS SIM
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Calgary, Alberta
Posts: 1,679
Sheena, if you get as addicted as Layla is, you're going to be spending a lot of time in Edmonton! LOL LOL
__________________
2010 2SS/RS - 6M Silver Ice Metallic

ARH LT Headers with MBRP 3" catback exhaust, Cold Air Inductions CAI, ZL1 inspired splitter, ZL1 Grille, Rear Fascia blackout, Gill decals, Aftermarket Hurst Short Throw shifter, Tune by Jannetty Racing.
dragon22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 08:44 AM   #44
smarbrit
 
Drives: 2012 Camaro 2SS/RS IOM
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Calgary, AB
Posts: 617
Quote:
Originally Posted by Meltdownaverted View Post
Bring a helmet, Cruise up to Castrol Friday and do some performance driving
I'd love to, but my brother flies back to England Saturday, so hanging with the family! Next time tho

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragon22 View Post
Sheena, if you get as addicted as Layla is, you're going to be spending a lot of time in Edmonton! LOL LOL
Had a chat with Jason and my brother about this and it led to looking into going to Germany for the F1 race in July and doing the nuremburg track....not sure it's me anyone needs to worry about....

We went to the F1 race at silver stone a couple of years ago, great fun, but was before I had my car. Lol
smarbrit is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 08:51 AM   #45
Monchy36
ZLT!!! COTW (8/5/13)
 
Monchy36's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 IOM 1LT RS M6
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Slatington, PA
Posts: 4,626
I don't know if this been answer already... How many cans do I need to do all 4 rims?
Monchy36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 09:24 AM   #46
Explit Player
 
Explit Player's Avatar
 
Drives: Black 2010 Camaro 2SS
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Bristol, TN
Posts: 459
Quote:
Originally Posted by Monchy36 View Post
I don't know if this been answer already... How many cans do I need to do all 4 rims?
4 for a good coats all around
__________________
Explit Player is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 09:25 AM   #47
Explit Player
 
Explit Player's Avatar
 
Drives: Black 2010 Camaro 2SS
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Bristol, TN
Posts: 459

Did mine and love it!!
__________________
Explit Player is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 10:07 AM   #48
Monchy36
ZLT!!! COTW (8/5/13)
 
Monchy36's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 IOM 1LT RS M6
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Slatington, PA
Posts: 4,626
Quote:
Originally Posted by Explit Player View Post

Did mine and love it!!
Thanks!
Monchy36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 11:53 AM   #49
smarbrit
 
Drives: 2012 Camaro 2SS/RS IOM
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Calgary, AB
Posts: 617
Quote:
Originally Posted by Explit Player View Post

Did mine and love it!!
Looks Awesome!!!!
smarbrit is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2013, 02:29 AM   #50
dragon22

 
dragon22's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS SIM
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Calgary, Alberta
Posts: 1,679
Quote:
Originally Posted by smarbrit View Post
Had a chat with Jason and my brother about this and it led to looking into going to Germany for the F1 race in July and doing the nuremburg track....not sure it's me anyone needs to worry about....

We went to the F1 race at silver stone a couple of years ago, great fun, but was before I had my car. Lol
Driving the Ring! Would I EVER love to do that! I say go for it! LOL
__________________
2010 2SS/RS - 6M Silver Ice Metallic

ARH LT Headers with MBRP 3" catback exhaust, Cold Air Inductions CAI, ZL1 inspired splitter, ZL1 Grille, Rear Fascia blackout, Gill decals, Aftermarket Hurst Short Throw shifter, Tune by Jannetty Racing.
dragon22 is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:44 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.