Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com
 
RDP Motorsport
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls

Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls Report, discuss and diagnose any issues and problems with your Camaro, including warranty discussions.

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 05-03-2013, 10:31 PM   #1
colingordon
Her Name is Mila
 
colingordon's Avatar
 
Drives: 2012 Camaro 1LT A6
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Hockessin, Delaware
Posts: 1,230
Transmission Issues

Ok so my A6 with TapShift hasnt been working so well, when ever I put it into sport, then go to manual (TapShift) and then back into sport my car thinks its in TapShift still, it will shift on its own but it dosent work correct. Do I have to get a new tranny?

If I do under warranty how much do you think it would cost to throw a manual in there? I know the automatics cost more so maybe the difference would pay for the swap?
__________________
colingordon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2013, 10:52 PM   #2
Jrichards73
 
Jrichards73's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 2SS/RS Victory Red
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Virginia
Posts: 679
Confused, mine wont shift on its own in tapshift, Sport yes, so if it shifting you are in sport. It seems to hold gears FOREVER in sport though. What is it doing that isn't correct?
__________________
Jrichards73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2013, 11:00 PM   #3
colingordon
Her Name is Mila
 
colingordon's Avatar
 
Drives: 2012 Camaro 1LT A6
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Hockessin, Delaware
Posts: 1,230
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jrichards73 View Post
Confused, mine wont shift on its own in tapshift, Sport yes, so if it shifting you are in sport. It seems to hold gears FOREVER in sport though. What is it doing that isn't correct?
It shifts in sport on its on, I have to shift it myself in TapShift but when I go back into sport it dosent register and it dosent react the way sport usually does its sluggish. I have to go in and out of TapShift until it realizes its in sport and works properly
__________________
colingordon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2013, 11:21 PM   #4
Jrichards73
 
Jrichards73's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 2SS/RS Victory Red
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Virginia
Posts: 679
If you go into tapshift, then go to Drive, and then back to sport does sport work correctly then? If so I would say it is in the TCM/BCM and not the transmission.
__________________
Jrichards73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2013, 11:45 PM   #5
colingordon
Her Name is Mila
 
colingordon's Avatar
 
Drives: 2012 Camaro 1LT A6
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Hockessin, Delaware
Posts: 1,230
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jrichards73 View Post
If you go into tapshift, then go to Drive, and then back to sport does sport work correctly then? If so I would say it is in the TCM/BCM and not the transmission.
It has nothing to do with drive. Just sport and TapShift. My car gets confused which one it really should be in
__________________
colingordon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2013, 05:19 PM   #6
Chevrolet Customer Svc


 
Chevrolet Customer Svc's Avatar
 
Drives: GM Vehicles
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Michigan
Posts: 8,770
Quote:
Originally Posted by colingordon View Post
Ok so my A6 with TapShift hasnt been working so well, when ever I put it into sport, then go to manual (TapShift) and then back into sport my car thinks its in TapShift still, it will shift on its own but it dosent work correct. Do I have to get a new tranny?

If I do under warranty how much do you think it would cost to throw a manual in there? I know the automatics cost more so maybe the difference would pay for the swap?
Hello colingordon,

Sorry to hear about your concerns. I know that must be frustrating, and I'm happy to see you're actively exploring service options. I'd be more than happy to schedule an appointment for you at the nearest GM dealership. Feel free to send me a private message in this matter.

William R.
Chevrolet Customer Care
Chevrolet Customer Svc is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:22 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.