Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Classic Design Concepts
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Regional Forums > Canada

Canada Leafs

Old 05-02-2013, 01:02 AM   #26
dragon22

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS SIM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CanadianZL1#992 View Post
That sucks man. Had a ws6 T/A in the 90's and had the same thing happen in a parking lot, the woman got out of her mini van, licked her finger and rubbed the dent in my car. Hoping it would make it better I guess then proceeded to walk away, not seeing me in the car. When I confronted her she argued with me until I made her open her door and show her they lined up perfectly LOL. Her insurance covered it but it was still a piss off!
Aren't people hilarious? It's like if they dent your car, then ignore it, it will go away.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CDN SS View Post
I'm so paranoid about door dings I won't drive my Camaro anywhere I might have to park near other cars, I take me wife's car instead if possible. The car has been out of storage for one month and I've driven it less than 400 KMs.
This is the first time ever since I bought the car. And he made it a gooder!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TomF1 View Post
I'm careful about where I park, but I try not to be too paranoid about it.
I had a ding like that in my MonteSS last year, almost same story, I was in the car. I got her name, number, license plate, but when my insurance agent called she tried to deny it.
Her insurance paid the whole thing.
But after 3 trips to the body shop, I gave up, lights on the window and lock switches still don't work
I asked my insurance company what would happen if he denied it and they said he would be foolish to deny it since he gave me all his information. She had dealt with that particular company before and said it was a good thing it was them because they don't fool around. They just pay and go after their insured. And I sure hope I don't have that problem with lights and window leaks. :(

Quote:
Originally Posted by Merc View Post
That sucks man. I managed to keep Pumpkin door ding free, it's a chore .
Brian, it is a chore. I'm just glad I was in the car when he did it.

ARH LT Headers with MBRP 3" catback exhaust, Cold Air Inductions CAI, ZL1 inspired splitter, ZL1 Grille, Rear Fascia blackout, Gill decals, Aftermarket Hurst Short Throw shifter, Tune by Jannetty Racing.
dragon22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 05:06 AM   #27
Matster

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS IOM/IOM #3625
Quote:
Originally Posted by dragon22 View Post
LOL LOL

Matt, that is funny, I have to admit! When his door hit me, Matt, it was so hard, I thought someone had driven into me. If I hadn't experienced it, I would never have believed that a little car like that could do so much damage with it's door.
I'm betting Tom that this isn't the first time he's done this...just the first time he's got caught.

416 Forged Stroker, E-Force Supercharger, Blower Cam, Rotofab CAI, Stainless Works 2" LT Headers and 3" Exhaust, LPE ZR1 Twin Disc Clutch, DSS 1400 HP Axles, Pfadt Performance Kit Stage 3.
Matster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 08:39 AM   #28
smarbrit

Drives: 2012 Camaro 2SS/RS IOM
Wow Tom, that is really ugly!! Lucky you caught the guy and I agree with others comments that he's probably made a habit of not paying attention to other peoples vehicles and done it before. That almost sounds like he hit it that hard intentionally.

Glad she's getting fixed up! I had hail damage in the creases/ridges of my car and you can't tell, hopefully your body shop will be able to do the same.
smarbrit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2013, 11:06 PM   #29
Fiery re-Creation
Danger Zone

Drives: 2001 F-150; 2013 Black ZL1
Send a message via Yahoo to Fiery re-Creation
Jeebus! Glad his insurance is taking care of it.
Old 05-04-2013, 02:40 AM   #30
dragon22

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS SIM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiery re-Creation View Post
Jeebus! Glad his insurance is taking care of it.
Me too. I want to have a drink every time I look at it. May 17th, it will be like new again!

ARH LT Headers with MBRP 3" catback exhaust, Cold Air Inductions CAI, ZL1 inspired splitter, ZL1 Grille, Rear Fascia blackout, Gill decals, Aftermarket Hurst Short Throw shifter, Tune by Jannetty Racing.
dragon22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2014, 01:06 AM   #31
CreativeDawn

Drives: 2010 V6 1LT Red/Black
I just got a new ding on my passenger side door. I just get so upset that people don't bother to leave any notes these days! I live in California where I personally feel that MOST people are natural aholes and lack any consideration for others.

I work at a business where almost every damn day I see people bumping other peoples cars when they're trying to parallel park and it really bugs the crap out of me. Why? They get out and act like nothing happen and walk away without a note.

I'll casually go out to check the vehicle that was struck out, and if I see ANY damage that i'm almost 100% sure it was from the car that hit it, i'll leave a nice note to the victim with the plate number.

I always love it when somebody smacks into another persons car (about 5 to 6 mph) and stays in their vehicle after for about 5 minutes looking around to make sure nobody seems to be caring. It's hilarity at its finest!

Going back about 1 month ago, I drove over to a local Ross: Dress for Less to purchase some socks, and had parked my vehicle in a SPECIAL lane for 4 cars to be parked paralleled next to each other. I ended up being the first one there parking in the very front where I thought i'd be all good. Most people are lazy, and don't park there because they don't want to walk but since i'm in good shape and like walking I do these things.

I go in for no more than 10 minutes and purchase my item. When I left, I see 3 cars behind me. I couldn't tell how badly the driver behind me parked but as I got closer, I noticed that the 4th car behind (a brand new BMW 6 series) parked like a complete idiot and almost took 1 1/2 lanes, another car had squeezed in front of his car, and a women who had parked her Subaru Wagon behind mine giving me NO ROOM to back out and leave.

I waited 20 minutes before she came out but before she came out I noticed the same dark green colored paint on the back of my vehicle near the license plate. I knew it was her, but I waited. Now when she came out she looked pretty damn worried as I stared her down with the nasty stink eye without saying a word to her. She knew she blocked me in.

I decided since it was merely cosmetic to ignore what she did, but continued to see if she would at the least say "Sorry"......Well NOTHING...NADA....ZILCH! She didn't apologize for shit and that pissed me off anymore so right before she leaves I point at how I was blocked in and she waved at me almost to say "Ok you got me, sorry".

So irritating...people can be such bastards.
CreativeDawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2014, 02:13 AM   #32
MLAZ1990

Drives: 2012 black camaro 2LS
That sucks! I have a few dents on my car because people are dumbasses!
Old 06-23-2014, 09:36 AM   #33
Connorscamaro

Drives: 2013 Chevrolet Camaro
this is why I park as far as possible
Old 06-24-2014, 03:55 PM   #34
momofsix

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
not quite a door ding...but this happened on the expressway through KW late Friday night...no idea what hit us, nobody in front of us...we just heard the bang...
Attached Images

momofsix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2014, 07:52 AM   #35
TomF1

Drives: 2013 CRT ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by momofsix View Post
not quite a door ding...but this happened on the expressway through KW late Friday night...no idea what hit us, nobody in front of us...we just heard the bang...
Sorry to see you got hit. Hope you get it fixed ok. I had a smaller hit on my road trip to Ohio. No idea what hit us, but it got bumper and fender seam, just the paint, but right down to the metal.

Last Year I had a similar incident to the original poster. I feel your pain.
I was in the car in a parking lot. Lady parks beside me in her SUV, and BAM!!, her door hit my passenger door so hard it scared the shit out of me. When my insurance called her for her insurance info, she denied it was her. They knew she was lying. The police went to visit her, and she admitted it. But they couldn't charge her, they weren't there, didn't see it.
It got fixed, but took a long time. Then 3 more trips to the body shop to get them to fix their mistakes.
I've had another incident recently, sideswiped. New fender and mirror.
But its been the most painful yet.
4 trips back to the body shop. They broke window switches, they scratched the door handle and covered it up with touchup paint.
Wrong mirror, then not installed right.
I used to believe that a GM dealer could do better than a no-name bodyshop, but they've really gone down hill.
Bob Myers chev in Ajax is where I bought the car and had body work done. And it was always painful to go back againand again to get them to do it right.
Now its sold, and owed by VanDussen. Its no better. The last time I was there was the most painfull.
Shoddy, sloppy workmanship.

I will never go to a Dealership Bodyshop again. I'll go somewhere else, where hopefully, they care about doing things right.
TomF1 is offline   Reply With Quote