Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Anthony @ LG Motorsports
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Navigation, Radar, Electronics Forum

Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Navigation, Radar, Electronics Forum All audio, video, bluetooth, nav, radar, and electronics discussions.

Old 05-05-2013, 12:17 PM   #1
StephenS_84
Account Suspended

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS
What do you lose.

What features do you lose when installing a Scosche or Metra kits?
StephenS_84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2013, 01:19 PM   #2
darkrider01
Aural Assault Vehicle

Drives: 2010 IBM 2SS/RS, 2014 Cruze 1LT/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by StephenS_84 View Post
What features do you lose when installing a Scosche or Metra kits?
You don't have to lose anything. If you get the standard Scosche kit, it does not come with the OnStar module, so OnStar would not work. However, you can always purchase the OnStar module (I think it's $50) and retain OnStar as well.

The Metra kit has 2 versions as well, but I believe that both have OnStar. The differences in the 2 Metra kits is that one retains steering wheel controls, and the other does not.

I'm not certain about the Alpine version of the Scosche kit, but I believe that it includes the OnStar module.
Audio Mods * Stinger SPP 2250 Battery * Pioneer DEX-P99RS * Pioneer AVH-X7500BT * Scosche Dash Kit * 2 - Mosconi AS200.4 * 2 - JL Audio 13W6v2 * Focal 165KRX2 Power (active) * Mosconi Gladen One 240.2 * Rockford Fosgate Power T1692
darkrider01 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2013, 06:22 AM   #3
jjwvette

Drives: Camaro SS
You will lose outside temp
jjwvette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2013, 07:11 AM   #4
Eich

Drives: '11 SW/Beige 2SS RS Manual
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjwvette View Post
You will lose outside temp
The Metra kit has an outside temperature display.

And anyone with HUD has the abillity to view the temperature there.
Eich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2013, 12:59 AM   #5
StephenS_84
Account Suspended

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by darkrider01 View Post
You don't have to lose anything. If you get the standard Scosche kit, it does not come with the OnStar module, so OnStar would not work. However, you can always purchase the OnStar module (I think it's $50) and retain OnStar as well.

The Metra kit has 2 versions as well, but I believe that both have OnStar. The differences in the 2 Metra kits is that one retains steering wheel controls, and the other does not.

I'm not certain about the Alpine version of the Scosche kit, but I believe that it includes the OnStar module.
Ok, thanks. I'll have to look into this more. I was waiting on the Mylink DIY, but I'm getting tired of waiting and want to change up my interior and add a custom system.
StephenS_84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2013, 10:11 AM   #6
Robdollar77

Drives: 2013 Camaro 2SS
I believe you will lose the radio station display in the HUD and being able to change the cars settings that you would mess with in the stock radio if you use the metra kit but I wouldn't think that would be that big of a deal. You can keep onstar and steering wheel controls if you want.
Robdollar77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2013, 10:39 AM   #7
darkrider01
Aural Assault Vehicle

Drives: 2010 IBM 2SS/RS, 2014 Cruze 1LT/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robdollar77 View Post
I believe you will lose the radio station display in the HUD and being able to change the cars settings that you would mess with in the stock radio if you use the metra kit but I wouldn't think that would be that big of a deal. You can keep onstar and steering wheel controls if you want.
I don't know about the HUD as I do not have it, but you retain the ability to change all of the settings.
Audio Mods * Stinger SPP 2250 Battery * Pioneer DEX-P99RS * Pioneer AVH-X7500BT * Scosche Dash Kit * 2 - Mosconi AS200.4 * 2 - JL Audio 13W6v2 * Focal 165KRX2 Power (active) * Mosconi Gladen One 240.2 * Rockford Fosgate Power T1692
darkrider01 is online now   Reply With Quote