Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com
 
Solo Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro ZL1 Forum - ZL1 Specific Topics > ZL1 Wheels/Tires

ZL1 Wheels/Tires Wheels and tires discussion for ZL1

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 04-08-2013, 09:22 PM   #1
zl1fun
 
Drives: 2013 ZL1 # 1029 black
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Peoria, IL
Posts: 74
WRONG BLACK 10 SPOKE RIMS...TWICE

Anyone else dealing with a GM distribution/ packaging problem with their black 10 spoke zl1 rims ordered from either a dealership or online? I had 2 sets of rims come packaged wrong with rear 20x11 in the front box with the front wheel part number on the box but rears in the box......TWICE....then ....update......the place I ordered from attempted to get the front rims from gm again and GM sent 22x9 chrome rims......WTF

Last edited by zl1fun; 04-11-2013 at 08:45 PM.
zl1fun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 09:28 PM   #2
Firefighter


 
Firefighter's Avatar
 
Drives: Black '13 2SS/RS/1LE w/NPP/NAV
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Tampa by way of Miami...
Posts: 2,540
IDK about the deal with the all rear wheels but I can tell you the paint on these things suck. I have an appointment for the coming week with the dealer to get my wheels powder coated under warranty.
Firefighter is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 09:31 PM   #3
zl1fun
 
Drives: 2013 ZL1 # 1029 black
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Peoria, IL
Posts: 74
Yeah....I've heard that...just so disappointed..does anyone have experience buying the rims from anywhere else
zl1fun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2013, 07:56 PM   #4
coptzr
Resistance is futile
 
coptzr's Avatar
 
Drives: Anything thats fast
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Big Rapids,MI
Posts: 304
Ive been dealing with this for 2 weeks now. I'm a service manager at a Chevrolet dealer and my parts manager spoke with the GM parts tech people. The correct wheels are shipping this week (4-22). They should be in-hand hopefully Wed. I discovered the error after I had tires mounted and tried to install on my own car. I never thought to look at the numbers, totally my fault.
__________________
Modifications (so far)
Edelbrock E-Force supercharger
JRE fuel system upgrade
Edelbrock CAI
VMS stage 2.5 cam kit
SLP LT's, no cats
NPP muffler's w/x-pipe
Tuned at Vector Motorsports
606 RWHP and 567 RWT
Black 1LE 10 spokes.
Hotchkis drop springs.
coptzr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2013, 07:57 PM   #5
coptzr
Resistance is futile
 
coptzr's Avatar
 
Drives: Anything thats fast
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Big Rapids,MI
Posts: 304
One the other hand, rears are mounted and installed. With the drop springs the stance is perfect. Hope you get yours soon.
__________________
Modifications (so far)
Edelbrock E-Force supercharger
JRE fuel system upgrade
Edelbrock CAI
VMS stage 2.5 cam kit
SLP LT's, no cats
NPP muffler's w/x-pipe
Tuned at Vector Motorsports
606 RWHP and 567 RWT
Black 1LE 10 spokes.
Hotchkis drop springs.
coptzr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 08:02 AM   #6
MY CA.ZL1
 
MY CA.ZL1's Avatar
 
Drives: 2012 ZL1 #698
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: monterey.ca.
Posts: 176
Quote:
Originally Posted by Firefighter View Post
IDK about the deal with the all rear wheels but I can tell you the paint on these things suck. I have an appointment for the coming week with the dealer to get my wheels powder coated under warranty.
I would like to know how this turns out for you as far as g.m.powdercoating your rims.on the 10 spoke black paint is what is there so while I argee that the paint sucks and they would repaint the black.i had mine powdercoated because it was better than paint.if g.m.would agree to powdercoat yours then everyone with black rims would want the same thing. Maybe I am wrong.
MY CA.ZL1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 09:46 AM   #7
Firefighter


 
Firefighter's Avatar
 
Drives: Black '13 2SS/RS/1LE w/NPP/NAV
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Tampa by way of Miami...
Posts: 2,540
Quote:
Originally Posted by MY CA.ZL1 View Post
I would like to know how this turns out for you as far as g.m.powdercoating your rims.on the 10 spoke black paint is what is there so while I argee that the paint sucks and they would repaint the black.i had mine powdercoated because it was better than paint.if g.m.would agree to powdercoat yours then everyone with black rims would want the same thing. Maybe I am wrong.
Well the wheels look 100% better. Go to my delivery thread found here... http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=285054 ... check around post 53 for the story.

Sent from my friggin Droid by two thumbs using Tapatalk 2 or whatever the ish it's called....
__________________

Last edited by Firefighter; 04-22-2013 at 11:29 AM.
Firefighter is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 09:59 AM   #8
zl1fun
 
Drives: 2013 ZL1 # 1029 black
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Peoria, IL
Posts: 74
so an update just heard from parts taxi.com again they say GM sent them the wrong wheels again paid for my front and rear 10 spoke black zl1 rims long ago I have three grand wrapped up in them and still they can't get it right seriously how hard is it to open a f****** box and look at the rim
zl1fun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 10:03 AM   #9
zl1fun
 
Drives: 2013 ZL1 # 1029 black
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Peoria, IL
Posts: 74
Quote:
Originally Posted by zl1fun View Post
so an update just heard from parts taxi.com again they say GM sent them the wrong wheels again paid for my front and rear 10 spoke black zl1 rims long ago I have three grand wrapped up in them and still they can't get it right seriously how hard is it to open a f****** box and look at the rim
has anyone else had success buying all 4 rims if so where did you buy them and what did you pay I'm ready to ship my four REAR rims back and be done with these idiots.
zl1fun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 10:18 AM   #10
Fish-man
SS HWSE
 
Fish-man's Avatar
 
Drives: too many to say!
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: S.E. Michigan
Posts: 747
Quote:
Originally Posted by zl1fun View Post
no wonder they went bankrupt. I guess this is what we get from: CHINA
open a box. look on the brake side of the rim. there is engraving there. tell us what it says... should tell us the rim size- ALCOA - some other junk - and USA.

i would guess that GM will pass these straight thru from the supplier.... in which case they could penalize the supplier.
Fish-man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 10:44 AM   #11
zl1fun
 
Drives: 2013 ZL1 # 1029 black
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Peoria, IL
Posts: 74
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fish-man View Post
open a box. look on the brake side of the rim. there is engraving there. tell us what it says... should tell us the rim size- ALCOA - some other junk - and USA.

i would guess that GM will pass these straight thru from the supplier.... in which case they could penalize the supplier.
here you go hope you can read them I'll see once I post
Attached Images
     
zl1fun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 10:50 AM   #12
zl1fun
 
Drives: 2013 ZL1 # 1029 black
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Peoria, IL
Posts: 74
and as you can see correct part number on the box...wrong rim inside
Attached Images
  
zl1fun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 11:14 AM   #13
Fish-man
SS HWSE
 
Fish-man's Avatar
 
Drives: too many to say!
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: S.E. Michigan
Posts: 747
Quote:
Originally Posted by zl1fun View Post
and as you can see correct part number on the box...wrong rim inside
I believe you that they sent wrong thing in right box. I was just saying that I don't think GM is unboxing these to check. Also wanted to illustrate that China has nothing to do with it in this case.

I think in this case your dealer (Parts Taxi) should call the warehouse to make sure they check stuff before sending to them.
Fish-man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 11:21 AM   #14
oachalon

 
Drives: 2010 Camaro 1SS
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Mentor, Ohio
Posts: 885
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fish-man View Post
I believe you that they sent wrong thing in right box. I was just saying that I don't think GM is unboxing these to check. Also wanted to illustrate that China has nothing to do with it in this case.
Yeah, china has nothing to do with it as the ZL1 wheels are made by Alcoa in ohio.
__________________
2010 1SS/RS LS3 M6
Edelbrock E-Force Supercharger, 3.00" Pulley, Roto-Fab CAI, Stainless Power LT Headers, LPE Dual Fuel Pump, ID850's, Custom Grind Cam, Katzkin Leather/Suede Interior
oachalon is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 10:14 PM   #15
cvp33
America FVCK Yeah!
 
cvp33's Avatar
 
Drives: 2012 CTS-V coupe
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Oak Ridge, NC
Posts: 947
Somebody in the warehouse switched the wheels. Made out like a bandit.
cvp33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2013, 07:13 AM   #16
zl1fun
 
Drives: 2013 ZL1 # 1029 black
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Peoria, IL
Posts: 74
Thumbs down

Thanks for the useless responses...thought maybe you had some useful info. ....and yes they are made in USA ....which makes it all the more pathetic and disgraceful that they can't get it right.....let me guess you're going to make excuses for GM......im sorry sir....was that siding supposed to be RED? SORRY MA'AM. ....Ohhhhh you wanted that wall painted brown....my bad........crap....thats a diesel? Ooops. Well sir..its sort of a grayish shingle. ....Actually this whole GM rim gate reminds me of an 18 yr old serving burgers at McDonalds....I didnt order that!
zl1fun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2013, 07:16 AM   #17
zl1fun
 
Drives: 2013 ZL1 # 1029 black
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Peoria, IL
Posts: 74
Fish man....they did call the warehouse.....3 times.....sounds like an illiterate is checking the boxes...open box ...yep...its a black rim billy bob...ok....ship it.
zl1fun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2013, 07:34 AM   #18
zl1fun
 
Drives: 2013 ZL1 # 1029 black
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Peoria, IL
Posts: 74
yep pretty disgusted with General Motors right now sorry to be a hater today
zl1fun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2013, 05:23 PM   #19
CB Sam
CB Sam
 
Drives: 2012 ZL1 Automatic
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Jacksonville, Fl
Posts: 8
Anyone having issues with the original Chrome ZL1 rims rusting or losing color on the backside and in the lugnut well of the rims?
CB Sam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2013, 03:03 PM   #20
zl1fun
 
Drives: 2013 ZL1 # 1029 black
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Peoria, IL
Posts: 74
So I gave up on PARTSTAXI.COM

Canceled my order after waiting over a month for the right wheels to show up...

Ordered from SHOPCHEVYPARTS.COM on Tuesday.........Black 10 spoke ZL1 rims showed up today!!!! Correct sizes and all!!! I am a happy ZL1 owner once again! Also they cost less to my door than FARTSTAXI.COM

I know someone will ask......$3273.76 delivered fedex 2 days

So ....this is the end of this thread for me...Title was wrong...should have said WRONG BLACK 10 SPOKE RIMS...5 TIMES!
zl1fun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2013, 03:34 PM   #21
Vangres
Timed Rage
 
Vangres's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 VR ZL1
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Malden, MA
Posts: 462
Quote:
Originally Posted by zl1fun View Post
So I gave up on PARTSTAXI.COM

Canceled my order after waiting over a month for the right wheels to show up...

Ordered from SHOPCHEVYPARTS.COM on Tuesday.........Black 10 spoke ZL1 rims showed up today!!!! Correct sizes and all!!! I am a happy ZL1 owner once again! Also they cost less to my door than FARTSTAXI.COM

I know someone will ask......$3273.76 delivered fedex 2 days

So ....this is the end of this thread for me...Title was wrong...should have said WRONG BLACK 10 SPOKE RIMS...5 TIMES!
Glad that the pain is over for you, enjoy the wheels and the car now ^_^
Vangres is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2013, 10:01 PM   #22
cvp33
America FVCK Yeah!
 
cvp33's Avatar
 
Drives: 2012 CTS-V coupe
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Oak Ridge, NC
Posts: 947
Frustrating I know. Still stand by my earlier comment as unhelpful as it may be. Someone at parts taxi is re-boxing your rims and screwing you over. That completely sux!
cvp33 is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:57 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.