Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers Discussions

Old 05-03-2013, 11:16 PM   #15
mlee
Charter Circle Member

Drives: Number Twenty-Three
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hitman84 View Post
If I'm wrong, I'm wrong. I opened a savings account for the hell of it. Can't hurt, right?
I'll report back either way once the week day hits.
Seriously it will be the best account you ever had... even if you can't get the insurance... or the 750

Go for it..
Old 05-07-2013, 06:52 PM   #16
Midlife conVert

Drives: Black 2LT Convertible
I got the print out and when the dealer worked up the deal he included the USAA discount. But!, I got the deal because I went to USAA before I ordered and they pointed me toward the USAA affiliated Dealer in my area, Which was not necessarily the dealer I usually deal with. 25 miles away but 750 bucks is worth it!
Midlife conVert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2013, 06:56 PM   #17
mlee
Charter Circle Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Midlife conVert View Post
I got the print out and when the dealer worked up the deal he included the USAA discount. But!, I got the deal because I went to USAA before I ordered and they pointed me toward the USAA affiliated Dealer in my area, Which was not necessarily the dealer I usually deal with. 25 miles away but 750 bucks is worth it!
You could have gotten it at any dealer. Being on the USAA list doesn't matter.

I've used it twice and it's never been at a USAA preferred dealer. The first time in 2009 I handed them my USAA loan check and the finance guy told me about the discount. We just changed the figures and used the discount.
Old 05-07-2013, 10:12 PM   #18
Midlife conVert

Drives: Black 2LT Convertible
Wish I had known that. Would save travel time. But still even without the discount made a better deal there. Asked the Sales "Parking Lot Troll" at the local dealer about USAA and he did not know anything about it. Also when I said I knew what he had in inventory and what was at other dealers to get and wanted to order...He came up with every car I had offered to me at every dealer I visited.. He did not want to Deal. Ended up with Internet Sales guy who I think did me right with everything.
Midlife conVert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2013, 10:25 PM   #19
mlee
Charter Circle Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Midlife conVert View Post
Wish I had known that. Would save travel time. But still even without the discount made a better deal there. Asked the Sales "Parking Lot Troll" at the local dealer about USAA and he did not know anything about it. Also when I said I knew what he had in inventory and what was at other dealers to get and wanted to order...He came up with every car I had offered to me at every dealer I visited.. He did not want to Deal. Ended up with Internet Sales guy who I think did me right with everything.
That's what C5 is for... research here and you end up knowing more than your local salesman.

Actually, if I had a choice I would use the USAA dealer just because.

Glad you got what you wanted and took advantage of a nice discount.