Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

SDPC
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro ZL1 Forum - ZL1 Specific Topics

Old 01-24-2013, 09:33 AM   #86
tonyfred

Drives: 2013 ZL1-Victory Red-Auto
Quote:
Originally Posted by SXM_Help View Post
Hi Tony -

We are sorry to hear about your experience with us. If there is anything we can do to help turn your situation around, let us know by sending us an email to sxm_help@siriusxm.com and we'll be in touch.

Thanks,
SiriusXM Digital Care Team
Thanks very much. Can you answer one question for me? (I have sent numerous emails and used the online chat as well as made phone calls)
Why did you send me an offer to add internet listening to my trial at no charge...then send me an invoice after I added it....and then cut it off when I sent the statement back and explained that I was not supposed to be charged? When I called and added the internet radio, your customer service rep told me there was no charge for the added service during the duration of my trial period. That phone call conversation occurred week before last.
But when I used your online chat feature yesterday to try and resolve the matter, I was told that offer was never made to me. Which is just plain false. I was given a link to get the internet radio added for one month and it requires a credit card in order to take advantage of it. I prefer to be billed.
Over the last couple of days, I have sent multiple emails to try and resolve this and each time I am sent back a link to reset my account password. I dont think anyone is actually reading the emails to understand the problem.
I have followed the instructions each time and reset my password and when I try to log in to the internet radio service, I get a popup telling me my account is inactive. I can view my XM account but I cannot log into the internet radio service.
I can live without XM or the internet radio service. But I do like XM and I am a person of principle. I will pay full price once the trial is up.
But I expect what was offered to me as a matter of principle.
So again, thanks for the offer to email your customer service again, but as you can see, I have done that repeatedly with no success.
I appreciate you monitoring these forums and hope this can be resolved.
I have been accused by another forum member of lying about the free internet radio offer. I have no reason to make that up. I dont expect something for nothing. But that really disappoints me...being called a liar...when I am merely trying to get a resolution to my problem.

tonyfred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 10:04 AM   #87
SlingShot

Drives: 2012 ZL1 - #670
The biggest problem I have found is the lack of communication. It seems their call centers are overseas and the American English is deplorable and they need work on taking and keeping notes in customers file. Every time we purchase a new car, it seems to take six months to get the three cars I have in sync. They are always getting the radio ID's messes up with the right VIN's. All these company's need better language skills, or move their call centers into the country they are doing business with.
Old 01-24-2013, 10:05 AM   #88
Tyler H
XLR8TNG

Drives: 2013 Camaro ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by tonyfred View Post
Whining about it huh? Expecting what is promised in a contract is whining.
Good to know that. And I never said I expected anything other that what was in the contract.
I paid full price for XM service in my previous Camaro after the trial expired. Even though I know people can call and get a better deal.
All I want is the service that was promised to me without having to constantly call and send emails to get it.
Why are you so judgmental? Good luck man. I think you need it.
You hit that 100% pal. Well said! Exactly the point I was trying to make in the first place. You are a very bright person in my opinion. Nothing for free just want fairness!!
Tyler H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 12:09 PM   #89
Neal@NitrousOutlet.com

Drives: The Blue Vert
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth_Emma View Post
If they had told me that "all trials start the day you buy the car" when I called them, then I would have accepted that. However, when I called customer service, they said it would be fine to delay turning on the free trial for a couple of months. When I called back like they told me, they refused to give me my free trial. The point is that they didn't do what they said they'd do. I've heard this repeatedly from other Chevy owners.

I'd be happy to get a radio subscription from them if I felt that the XM company could be trusted. But I don't.

I think the dealer is more to blame here. The only way they know that the car was purchased is if the dealer called them to activate. As a company, once activated they are not going to deactivate because a customer says it isn't going to be used.

I think the better option (if you would have known) would be when buying that car, tell the dealer not to activate the XM because the car is going into storage.

With BMW they asked if we wanted the Sirus activated now, or if we wanted to wait and do it ourselves. If we waited all we had to do is activate when we were ready for our 1 year. They told us this was because customer do buy their cars and not drive them all the time.

XM/Sirus customer service is not the best though.
Neal@NitrousOutlet.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 01:18 PM   #90
SPOOKYGUNNER
ROCK

Drives: 2013 ZL-1 TRIPLE BLACK VERT
Quote:
Whining about it huh? Expecting what is promised in a contract is whining.
Good to know that. And I never said I expected anything other that what was in the contract.
I paid full price for XM service in my previous Camaro after the trial expired. Even though I know people can call and get a better deal.
All I want is the service that was promised to me without having to constantly call and send emails to get it.
Why are you so judgmental? Good luck man. I think you need it.

The whiner I was referring to was Tyler H not you! !!
Old 01-24-2013, 06:35 PM   #91
tonyfred

Drives: 2013 ZL1-Victory Red-Auto
Quote:
Originally Posted by SPOOKYGUNNER View Post

Okay, sorry I misread it. I am not going to worry about it anymore. Once the trial is up, they wont get any money from me. I dont think they are going to be around that much longer anyway. Total mismanagement.

tonyfred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 07:03 PM   #92
BlemsBumble

Drives: '13 ZL1 #662; '10 SS; '99 SS
Quote:
Old 01-24-2013, 09:28 PM   #93
Carly

Drives: 2013 1LT RS Camaro
I renewed my xm tonite for 6 months for $33. They explained that if the car is in storage they can put a seasonal hold on. I was told that if I take the car out even for a weekend I can take the hold off for those days and put it back on when the car goes back to storage. All you need to do is call customer service. The representative told me of a lady in Michigan with a 1 year subscription she's stretching out over 4 years! The complimentary period can not have a seasonal hold applied though. I plan on stretching my 6 months out as long as possible. Hope this helps
Carly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 11:57 PM   #94
Aquabluetoo

Drives: 2013 Camaro ZL 1
XM customer service is terrible!!!

I have had problems with their customer service since buying an early 2010 Camaro 2SS. Never problems with the radio or music, always customer service whether it was free or paid for. Same thing with my 2011 Camaro 2SS, 2011 Equinox, 2013 Zl1. Outsourcing Customer Service ? They should make an XM radio commercial showing someone in their Asian language trying to say your name, any name! Please place it for the Super Bowl!!
Aquabluetoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 01:07 AM   #95
BigBlock69RS
Ed

Drives: 2013 AGM Camaro 2SS/RS/1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sven59 View Post
2013's do get 12 months and I am currently enjoying it.
Same.
Old 01-25-2013, 04:26 AM   #96
USAR1LT

Drives: 2012 Camaro 2SS/RS TF3 LS3
My 12-month free trial on the Camaro ended mid-month. I have to confess, I do miss it, but Uncle Sugar has me quite a bit away from home in 2013. Didn't seem worth it to pay for something I can't hear.
Old 01-28-2013, 10:10 AM   #97
Tyler H
XLR8TNG

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPOOKYGUNNER View Post
Hey I didn't mean to sound like I was whining. Things can be taken wrongly. I tried to delete the comments which I felt may offend. I don't like the name calling ya douche bag. Name calling on a forum is uncalled for and bull. I'm guessing at your ripe age you may feel the need to slam people but I feel it is wrong. Keep your comments car related not personal shots! I will do this from here on also. That way this forum can be an enjoyable place for all instead of a firing range of insults. Trying to be the bigger man. Hope you do the same Spooky!
Old 01-28-2013, 11:04 AM   #98
Dr.Spike

Drives: 2013 Camaro ZL1 (IOM)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyler H View Post
Hey I didn't mean to sound like I was whining. Things can be taken wrongly. I tried to delete the comments which I felt may offend. I don't like the name calling ya douche bag. Name calling on a forum is uncalled for and bull. I'm guessing at your ripe age you may feel the need to slam people but I feel it is wrong. Keep your comments car related not personal shots! I will do this from here on also. That way this forum can be an enjoyable place for all instead of a firing range of insults. Trying to be the bigger man. Hope you do the same Spooky!
HAHA! I always love these posts. You don't like other people 'name calling' but it is perfectly fine if you do it. HAHAHAHAH!

Honestly, if you want these type of posts to be taken seriously you need to leave out your ' last shot' in the post you telling others to stop taking shots and name calling.

I think that 'trying to be the bigger man' part failed in this post. Maybe the next time?

... we now return you to everyone complaining about satellite radio ...
Dr.Spike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 07:42 AM   #99
ChrisFrez
The Camaro Show Podcast

Drives: 2012 Camaro ZL1 #181
Send a message via ICQ to ChrisFrez Send a message via AIM to ChrisFrez Send a message via MSN to ChrisFrez Send a message via Yahoo to ChrisFrez Send a message via Skype™ to ChrisFrez
I just received this e-mail yesterday from SiriusXM regarding the 12 month free trial -

Quote:
Dear Christopher,

We are writing to let you know about a systems error that impacted the trial SiriusXM subscription you should have received with your Camaro, and the corrective action we are taking as a result.

Your Camaro was equipped with a SiriusXM radio and a 12-month, complimentary trial subscription. Unfortunately, your trial subscription was not correctly applied to your account. We sincerely apologize for this error and for any confusion it may have caused.

To remedy this error, we have placed a credit* equivalent to the unused value of the 12-month trial subscription on your account. This credit* will remain on your account and can be used for future service.

If you have any questions, please call us at 1-866-635-2349 and mention this letter. A SiriusXM Listener Care agent is available to help you Mon. - Sat. 8am - 11pm ET and Sun. 8am - 8pm ET. You may also view the details of your account by visiting www.siriusxm.com/myaccount anytime, day or night.

Once again, we apologize for the error. Thank you for being a SiriusXM listener.

SiriusXM Listener Care Team

*This credit has no cash value. If you make any changes to your account to add new service(s), some or all of the credit we put on your account may be applied to your service(s) to cover new charges.
2012 Camaro ZL1 #181 | 2015 Cadillac CTS 2.0L Turbo
ChrisFrez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 09:06 AM   #100
firecross91

Drives: ZL1 #1691 Black on black.
Recieved the same e-mail. Feel better.
Old 01-31-2013, 09:30 AM   #101
Tyler H
XLR8TNG

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Spike View Post
HAHA! I always love these posts. You don't like other people 'name calling' but it is perfectly fine if you do it. HAHAHAHAH!

Honestly, if you want these type of posts to be taken seriously you need to leave out your ' last shot' in the post you telling others to stop taking shots and name calling.

I think that 'trying to be the bigger man' part failed in this post. Maybe the next time?

... we now return you to everyone complaining about satellite radio ...
I was upset and took my final shots. In my last quote I said " I will do the same from here on also". And I will do just that. My comments were inspired from much earlier comments from which I was offended by. Looking back I wish the comments were never made. Lessons learned and moving forward. Have a great day Dr.Spike.
Old 05-09-2013, 09:05 PM   #102
Pecospete

Drives: 2013 Inferno Orange
How do you get it off the menu on the cars radio?
Pecospete is offline   Reply With Quote