Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Classic Design Concepts
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls

Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls Report, discuss and diagnose any issues and problems with your Camaro, including warranty discussions.

Old 05-09-2013, 06:47 PM   #1
Trentin24
Trentin24

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS
Whose window does this?

My cars window has been doing this for a while... More often now, what can I do?
Trentin24 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2013, 06:49 PM   #2
mikeyg36
The GT Troll Hundred

Drives: Cammed '12 2SS/RS LS3 '15 Z/28
Trent, I'm posting this for your own good...
Old 05-09-2013, 06:54 PM   #3
Trentin24
Trentin24

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeyg36 View Post
Didn't care last night. I was in a hurry to get a video
Old 05-09-2013, 06:56 PM   #4
mikeyg36
The GT Troll Hundred

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trentin24 View Post
Didn't care last night. I was in a hurry to get a video
I honestly can't see what it's doing...
Old 05-09-2013, 06:57 PM   #5
Trentin24
Trentin24

Quote:
I honestly can't see what it's doing...
Going all the way to the top, then back down. Wont close. Does it on its own.
Old 05-09-2013, 07:14 PM   #6
mikeyg36
The GT Troll Hundred

Quote:
Haven't seen it before; take it to the stealership.
Old 05-09-2013, 07:19 PM   #7
ActNup NY

Drives: 2011 1LT Black Camaro
Quote:
Trent I have a video on my phone doing the same. Although within the last few weeks it hasn't happened. It's so annoying. Someone said it was the cold weather why this was happening. But now its warm. (So what's the excuse- lol)

Then another person said it was my tints. I was gonna go to the dealer and show them the video. See what they say.
Old 05-09-2013, 07:57 PM   #8
Neumatic

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS M6
Mine does it. Usually the second time it will stay up. If it continues to do it I just have to turn the car off and then turn it back on and then they go right up with no issues.
Old 05-09-2013, 08:01 PM   #9
sycraft
COTW 5/06/2013

Drives: 2012 Camaro LS "Hot Blown Six"
#PIC5554: Power Window Reversal During Express Up - (Sep 26, 2011)
Subject: Power Window Reversal During Express Up
Models: 2010 - 2012 Chevrolet CamaroThe following diagnosis might be helpful if the vehicle exhibits the symptom(s) described in this PI.
Condition/Concern:A customer or technician may report of intermittent left or right door window motor reversal when closing the power window using the Express Up feature. This could occur at any time but would be more likely to occur at low vehicle mileage or possibly after window motor/regulator or weather strip replacement.
Recommendation/Instructions:Do not replace the window regulator or window motor for this concern.
Follow published repair procedures found in Service Information (SI) to adjust the window glass. If the glass is too tight to the weather strips, it can bind the motor to the point that it detects this as an obstruction and reverses the window motor direction.
Please follow this diagnostic or repair process thoroughly and complete each step. If the condition exhibited is resolved without completing every step, the remaining steps do not need to be performed.

2012 LS M6,ZL1Brakes, OEM Foglights (BCM Flashed for Fogs),4 Pack Guages, Factory Reproduction Wheels,Nitto NT05 tires 275/315 stagger, Leather OEM Steering Wheel,Hurst Shifter, GM Hurst Leather Shifter knob,OEM Leather Console top,Carbon Fiber Stripe Package,Emblems with Carbon overlays, ZL1 Grill,LSR Stage 4 susp,1LE Strut Brace, SOLO Cats and Exhaust, 1LE Struts/shocks, IPF Supercharger-Redline Motorsports, FSP Tuning
sycraft is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2013, 08:21 PM   #10
Trentin24
Trentin24

Quote:
Originally Posted by sycraft View Post
#PIC5554: Power Window Reversal During Express Up - (Sep 26, 2011)
Subject: Power Window Reversal During Express Up
Models: 2010 - 2012 Chevrolet CamaroThe following diagnosis might be helpful if the vehicle exhibits the symptom(s) described in this PI.
Condition/Concern:A customer or technician may report of intermittent left or right door window motor reversal when closing the power window using the Express Up feature. This could occur at any time but would be more likely to occur at low vehicle mileage or possibly after window motor/regulator or weather strip replacement.
Recommendation/Instructions:Do not replace the window regulator or window motor for this concern.
Follow published repair procedures found in Service Information (SI) to adjust the window glass. If the glass is too tight to the weather strips, it can bind the motor to the point that it detects this as an obstruction and reverses the window motor direction.
Please follow this diagnostic or repair process thoroughly and complete each step. If the condition exhibited is resolved without completing every step, the remaining steps do not need to be performed.
Would it be fixed for free??
Old 05-09-2013, 08:23 PM   #11
sycraft
COTW 5/06/2013

Drives: 2012 Camaro LS "Hot Blown Six"
under 3/36 warranty unless its attributed to your window tint, unless installed at dealer

2012 LS M6,ZL1Brakes, OEM Foglights (BCM Flashed for Fogs),4 Pack Guages, Factory Reproduction Wheels,Nitto NT05 tires 275/315 stagger, Leather OEM Steering Wheel,Hurst Shifter, GM Hurst Leather Shifter knob,OEM Leather Console top,Carbon Fiber Stripe Package,Emblems with Carbon overlays, ZL1 Grill,LSR Stage 4 susp,1LE Strut Brace, SOLO Cats and Exhaust, 1LE Struts/shocks, IPF Supercharger-Redline Motorsports, FSP Tuning
sycraft is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2013, 08:29 PM   #12
CHMSC
ROAD COURSE JUNKIE

Drives: 2012 SS/RS LS3
Can't see nada bro
Old 05-09-2013, 09:48 PM   #13
chicagobulls
one car wolfpack

Drives: 2010 Camaro V6
mine
chicagobulls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2013, 09:58 PM   #14
ReoRockStar

Drives: 2012 Camaro 2LT 45th AE
Quote:
Lol

~{Eat,Sleep,Drive}~
Old 05-09-2013, 10:07 PM   #15
DRKnight1SS
The Dude

Drives: 2013 Camaro 1SS M6
Looks like the auto Window up is malfunctioning. It acts like something is obstructing the windows path but nothing is visible. I would take it to the dealer ASAP and have them fix it while it's still under warranty.

Sent using Tapatalk on my Note 2.
CAE intake, Borla Type S exhaust, TSP LT headers, MGW short shifter, Carbon fiber Anvil trunk spoiler, Havoc rear diffuser with carbon fiber insert, GM GFX side skirts, ACS T4 front lip spoiler, 22" Giovanna Kilis wheels, carbon fiber radio fin
DRKnight1SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2013, 11:36 AM   #16
Trentin24
Trentin24

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRKnight1SS View Post
Looks like the auto Window up is malfunctioning. It acts like something is obstructing the windows path but nothing is visible. I would take it to the dealer ASAP and have them fix it while it's still under warranty.

Sent using Tapatalk on my Note 2.
Its not... I am at 38,000 miles. But it did this before, if they gave me the parts for free I would install it myself, because I know they will rape my face with labor charges
Old 05-10-2013, 11:39 AM   #17
Trentin24
Trentin24

Quote:
Originally Posted by sycraft View Post
under 3/36 warranty unless its attributed to your window tint, unless installed at dealer
It was tinted when I bought it used. But the passenger window is also tinted and has NEVER done this. I have also tried re-indexing the windows, but that doesn't help either.
Old 05-10-2013, 03:10 PM   #18
Chevrolet Customer Svc

Drives: GM Vehicles
Trentin24,

Thanks for posting the video. I'm sorry you're experiencing this issue and would like to investigate this matter further if you could send me your VIN. I can also assist with setting up a dealer visit for an official diagnosis. Feel free to PM me if I can help. I look forward to hearing from you.

Regards,

William R.
Chevrolet Customer Care
Chevrolet Customer Svc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2013, 01:12 AM   #19
Steven13

Drives: 13' Black SS
will post tutorial
Steven13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2013, 04:06 PM   #20
Steven13

Drives: 13' Black SS
before i post a tutorial on lubricating a door. white lithium in squeeze tube, apply to window guides and spray lithium to cables and into the area where they go into the housing of the motor, run window motor while spraying in there. dealer said they dont care if my window makes a grinding noise on the way up. i checked all other camraos on the the lot at that dealer, most grinded on the way up, one didnt, and one sounded like it was a freight train.
Steven13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2013, 12:24 PM   #21
htoniv

Drives: Camaro
Same thing happens to me, seems like at random times really, didnt really keep up with a pattern but did it all of yesterday. I just roll it up without the auto feature untill its all the way up when this happens, but yea it is annyoing.. i am past the 3/36 too :(
htoniv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2013, 12:10 AM   #22
civdiv99

Drives: 2011 SS/RS Auto in Silver Ice
Mine has been doing that almost 2 years now. Started the very day I brought it home brand new.

Just the driver's side, but has never done this on the passenger side. Dealer said they are not allowed to fix it; it just has to bed in.

No answer to my question of why it has only been the driver's door.
No answer to my question of how many years they expect this to take to "bed in."

Ya just gotta hold the up button since releasing it to use the express up feature doesn't work about half the time.
civdiv99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2013, 12:16 AM   #23
civdiv99

Drives: 2011 SS/RS Auto in Silver Ice
Well, in my case the dealer handed me that bulletin, and said, "too bad, Chevrolet says we can't fix it, so you have to live with it.

So I sat there in the parking lot, reading the excuse bulletin, watching my window go back down over and over and over.

But, oh yeah, that little exercise was free.........

The problem with the logic in that bulletin or whatever is that it makes a statement about "low miles." Well, the mileage has absolutely no impact on window operation. And the bulletin only serves to reinforce the idea that this is a widespread problem - else they would not have had to publish something.

I ripped the dealer for copping out and not stepping up for a customer by saying, wait a minute, this has been going on for over a year. Chevrolet then called me; so in fairness to this topic, Yeah the dealer blew it off, but Chevrolet followed up. Now it's a question of whether I want to go right back to the idjit dealer, or travel, but yeah, the company did follow up with me.

Quote:
Would it be fixed for free??
civdiv99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2013, 08:10 AM   #24
ArmyMike

Drives: 2010 IBM 1LT
It was explained to me as a temperature thing. My brother in law is a mechanic at the dealer where I got my 2010 and he explained that when its colder out that the rubber stiffens and the motor thinks something is stuck in the window. Been using Armorall on the seal and the only time this happens now is when temps are in the teens. Hope this helps some of you.
Old 11-21-2013, 03:09 PM   #25
Darkweasel

Drives: 2011 LS Camaro
Hope I can help

My car does the same thing once in a while. It has to do with the position sensor for the window since it has the express vent when opening the door. Don't know if its been fixed but try this:
Turn car on to accessory, close door, if windows up, roll down all the way without using the auto down, then roll all the way up again without auto up. This calibrates it. I've seen a message in the Driver Info Center telling me to do this. I don't know if you've seen the same. I hope this helps.
Darkweasel is offline   Reply With Quote