Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V6 LLT Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Camaro V6 LLT Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust

Old 04-06-2013, 10:26 PM   #501
Botoasy

Drives: 2010 Camaro LS Auto
I owe you guys a new video, this is my last and final setup. It has everything in my sig along with the ghost cam on. Camera just does not do it justice unfortunately.

Current Mods: BBK Longtube Headers with Hi Flow Cats, BBK CAI, SLP Loudmouth 1 exhaust, Magnaflow X-pipe and Resonators, Ported TB, Mace Ported IM and Spacer,Trifecta Tune, Elite Catch Can, Hotchkis front and rear sway bars.

My Build Thread: http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=272765
Botoasy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2013, 05:01 PM   #502
Taw0193

Drives: 2011 Camaro 1LT RS
Love it or Hate it, I don't mind. I love it very much :-)

Old 05-09-2013, 09:41 PM   #503
angryv6
Lake Erie Monster

Drives: 02 Hyundai Sonata and Santa Fe
So what did you do to get that? Sounds great.
angryv6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2013, 11:04 PM   #504
Taw0193

Drives: 2011 Camaro 1LT RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by angryv6 View Post
So what did you do to get that? Sounds great.
This is a custom muffler delete. I cut off the stock H pipe, stock resonators and stock mufflers and replaced the H pipe with the Magnaflow resonated X pipe. I ran 3 in pipe from the new X pipe to the back of the car and finished it off with 3 1/2 in diagonal cut chrome tips. I also have a spectre CAI as well.

Thanks for the compliment :-D
Old 05-10-2013, 07:01 AM   #505
PoorMansCamaro
n00b

Drives: Really Slow
Pacesetter Long Tube/no cats/MRT v2

first start

Cold start and few revs

thread that the video's are located in
http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showth...71#post6481971
Old 05-28-2013, 08:58 PM   #506
KMPrenger

Drives: '10 ABM LT/RS, 06 Chevy Colorado
- Doug Thorleys / no rear cats / Magnaflow resonated X / stock resonators deleted / 3" pipe from resonated X to end.
http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=298266

Added to first post. Nice low tone and great growl!
IPF Tune, Custom Magnaflow Exhaust, Vararam intake, MACE Ported Manifold, RX Ported TB, "Black Ice" manifold insulator, Elite Catch Can, ZL1 repro wheels, ZL1 Springs, DRL Harness, Front GM GFX, Heritage grill, Street Scene lower grill, NLP Spoiler, ZL1 rockers and much more!
KMPrenger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 09:12 AM   #507
PoorMansCamaro
n00b

Drives: Really Slow
no update to the OP with the pacesetters?
Old 06-11-2013, 12:58 PM   #508
KMPrenger

Quote:
Originally Posted by PoorMansCamaro View Post
no update to the OP with the pacesetters?
Sorry guess I missed it somehow.

Its there now
IPF Tune, Custom Magnaflow Exhaust, Vararam intake, MACE Ported Manifold, RX Ported TB, "Black Ice" manifold insulator, Elite Catch Can, ZL1 repro wheels, ZL1 Springs, DRL Harness, Front GM GFX, Heritage grill, Street Scene lower grill, NLP Spoiler, ZL1 rockers and much more!
Old 07-07-2013, 10:30 PM   #509
shrinkdoc

Drives: SRT Yugo GT Super Sport with Manual
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taw0193 View Post
Love it or Hate it, I don't mind. I love it very much :-)

Did you floor it on that takes off?
shrinkdoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2013, 04:11 PM   #510
Doctades
A N00b

Drives: '13 Camaro 2LT/RS M
Hey Here's a LFX SLP LMII with InJen CAI Longtube.
Old 08-19-2013, 11:15 PM   #511
CamaroLS

Drives: 2011 Yellow Chevy Camaro LS
Thanks for the info.
Roto-Fab intake, Vmax throttle body, Painted engine and fuse covers, Strut brace, Elite catch can, Custom yellow vinyl dash and door inserts, Center console gauges, Kicker stereo system, ZL1 pedals, ZL1 Rockers, Rear spoiler, SS Brembo brakes, Russell S.S. brake lines, 20" staggered Foose Legend wheels with Nitto Invo tires.
CamaroLS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2013, 12:44 PM   #512
nancygrl
155 mil na godzinę

Drives: Sapphire Moon Whisper 2013 2LT
I've done a search and doesn't show what I'm looking for, but has anyone tried a solo mach-x catback from a SS on a V6? I removed the mach-x from my SS. Wondering how it would sound on my 2LT/LFX?

Gone but not forgotten....2011 Camaro 2SS/RS LS3 6M.......Traded 8/2013
nancygrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2013, 10:57 AM   #513
KMPrenger

Quote:
Originally Posted by nancygrl View Post
I've done a search and doesn't show what I'm looking for, but has anyone tried a solo mach-x catback from a SS on a V6? I removed the mach-x from my SS. Wondering how it would sound on my 2LT/LFX?
I don't think that has been done before.

It really just depends on how similar the V6 and V8 exhausts are? I believe the V6 version is 2.5" piping, but isn't their SS version 3"? I know the V6 version has a resonator which the V8 version may not have. Also the V6 version has "J" pipes which help to dramatically reduce drone.

If it isn't similar to the V6 version, and is more straight through with less resonators it could end up sounding thin and raspy.
Old 08-29-2013, 06:17 AM   #514
nancygrl
155 mil na godzinę

Drives: Sapphire Moon Whisper 2013 2LT
Quote:
Originally Posted by KMPrenger View Post
I don't think that has been done before.

It really just depends on how similar the V6 and V8 exhausts are? I believe the V6 version is 2.5" piping, but isn't their SS version 3"? I know the V6 version has a resonator which the V8 version may not have. Also the V6 version has "J" pipes which help to dramatically reduce drone.

If it isn't similar to the V6 version, and is more straight through with less resonators it could end up sounding thin and raspy.
Thanks for the repsonse.

It's the same 2.5", and without the j-pipes that's the last thing I would want it sounding thin and raspy. Well, I sold the ss catback yesterday...I'm gonna get the MRT v2.0, all I've read are great things about it, and the sound clips were pretty good too (as good as sound clips can be )

Gone but not forgotten....2011 Camaro 2SS/RS LS3 6M.......Traded 8/2013

Last edited by nancygrl; 08-29-2013 at 02:26 PM.
nancygrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2013, 08:31 AM   #515
VFG65

Drives: 2013 2LT/RS Silver w/Blk Rally
I just installed the GMPP mufflers, they certainly don't sound like that!

Sounds Much Louder than what I did!

VFG65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2013, 01:05 AM   #516
Gatornaught68

Drives: 2013 Chevy Camaro 2LT
So out of all these exhaust systems what in yalls opinion is the best exhaust system that has the deepest tone?
Gatornaught68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2013, 07:06 AM   #517
CamaroDreams07
Black Belt Shinemaster

Drives: Shinier than yours
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gatornaught68 View Post
So out of all these exhaust systems what in yalls opinion is the best exhaust system that has the deepest tone?
Ark if you can afford it. Corsa or MBRP if you can't. MRT 2 if you want mufflers only.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 2
Old 10-16-2013, 02:26 PM   #518
SIXJAK

Drives: MO's only SC'd LLT.
Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroDreams07 View Post
Ark if you can afford it. Corsa or MBRP if you can't. MRT 2 if you want mufflers only.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 2
This ^^^^
My car is heavily modified and my ARK DT-S catback is my all time favorite mod with my IPF kit a very close 2nd. It's that good.
IPF supercharger kit, IPF tune, SW LT's, R. Tech HFC's, ARK DT-S catback, SS Brembo brake upgrade, BC Racing adjustable coilovers, Hurst STS, Pfadt rear arm package, Pfadt adjustable sways & end links, Pfadt diff bushings, BMR rear cradle full kit blk bezels,SS diffuser, Innovate gauges.
SIXJAK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2013, 02:53 PM   #519
Gatornaught68

just a random question will BBK LT headers fit a 2013 v6 camaro?
Old 10-16-2013, 03:50 PM   #520
scoticus.rex
LTC, USA

Drives: Hobbes - 2013 Camaro 2SS RS M6
Quote:
just a random question will BBK LT headers fit a 2013 v6 camaro?
I am under the impression that due to changes in the way they manufactured the LFX engine, that you can't use headers period. Someone can correct me if I am wrong, but I do recall reading a detailed thread as to why you can't put headers on and how the LFX doesn't need them in any case.

Ah... found it:

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=306766
scoticus.rex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2013, 04:15 PM   #521
lscamaro

Drives: 2011 CGM Camaro LS A6
Quote:
Originally Posted by scoticus.rex View Post
I am under the impression that due to changes in the way they manufactured the LFX engine, that you can't use headers period. Someone can correct me if I am wrong, but I do recall reading a detailed thread as to why you can't put headers on and how the LFX doesn't need them in any case.

Ah... found it:

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=306766
You're right. The LFX can't use headers. That they don't need them is up for debate. But either way, no headers on the LFX

Click Picture for Build Thread
lscamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2013, 09:02 PM   #522
Gatornaught68

Thank you for clarifying that... I was looking at my engine the other day and was definitely confused at the fact that there was only 1 area that the exhaust could come out of on each side of the vehicle... It kind of sucks that you cant attach aftermarket headers because you could get the same horsepower out of the stock LFX "headers" but you would also get a better sound out of it as well. Its all in what you want out of your camaro you either want a car that you can be loud with every once and awhile but overall is an amazing car aka cars with LFX engine or you want a loud car that breaks everyones necks when you speed by aka the LLT engine. You can still do the same with the LFX but it will never be as loud as a LLT engine that has the same aftermarket parts put onto it...
Old 10-17-2013, 12:17 PM   #523
KMPrenger

Quote:
Thank you for clarifying that... I was looking at my engine the other day and was definitely confused at the fact that there was only 1 area that the exhaust could come out of on each side of the vehicle... It kind of sucks that you cant attach aftermarket headers because you could get the same horsepower out of the stock LFX "headers" but you would also get a better sound out of it as well. Its all in what you want out of your camaro you either want a car that you can be loud with every once and awhile but overall is an amazing car aka cars with LFX engine or you want a loud car that breaks everyones necks when you speed by aka the LLT engine. You can still do the same with the LFX but it will never be as loud as a LLT engine that has the same aftermarket parts put onto it...
You are correct.

The LFX will never get exactly the same type of rumble and sound that the LLT could with LT headers.

That said, add high flow cats to an LFX and you have the same amount of exhaust efficency as you'd get with an LLT having LT headers and HFC installed. So in my opinion...the LFX isn't missing out on any power...just some of the sound possbilities.
Old 10-18-2013, 12:25 AM   #524
Gatornaught68

ya but dont you want your car to rumble as well? dont get me wrong I want just as much horsepower as i do rumble out of my car but I just dont like the fact that I have more horsepower and yet the engine sounds so wimpy.
Old 10-18-2013, 12:26 PM   #525
KMPrenger

Quote:
ya but dont you want your car to rumble as well? dont get me wrong I want just as much horsepower as i do rumble out of my car but I just dont like the fact that I have more horsepower and yet the engine sounds so wimpy.
Yes I love the rumble...I don't care for rasp but I love the rumble. That said, a pair of high flow cats and a decent exhaust on the LFX still makes for a good sounding exhaust in my opinion. Just not as mean as an LLT with headers.