Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com
 
HURST
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Z/28 Forum - Z/28 Specific Topics


View Poll Results: At what price do you say no to the Z/28
over $52,000 84 35.90%
over $60,500 74 31.62%
over $68,000 43 18.38%
over $76,000 22 9.40%
over $84,000 5 2.14%
over $92,000 6 2.56%
Voters: 234. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 05-09-2013, 04:15 PM   #15
Wizard1183

 
Wizard1183's Avatar
 
Drives: ABM SS2/RS M6
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Lafayette,LA
Posts: 1,493
Send a message via Yahoo to Wizard1183
$64,995. $70k out the door.
__________________


Life is short, drive it like you stole it!
Wizard1183 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2013, 06:29 PM   #16
90503


 
Drives: 2011 2SS/RS LS3
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Torrance
Posts: 11,846
Quote:
Originally Posted by shaffe View Post
I think what he meant was not so much directed at the Z/28 purists, but an outside buyer who has the expendable income. They might look at the Z/28 then see they can get a corvette nicely equipped for less. I think that is where he was coming from.

This statement will probably piss of some of the people here, but I think he was trying to find a nice way to say "its still just a camaro and some people will have a hard time spending that much on a camaro but would rather spend it on a Corvette " haha. That's what group I would be in. At a certain price point I would rather get into a Corvette
I think all the previous discussions (and gripes) about why the Z/28 is bare-bones, etc., coming from the Camaro crowd would apply the same to the Corvette crowd with a casual interest in the Z/28....Camaro owners are told they can get "more" of what they may want in a street car by spending less for a ZL-1.....Corvette owners perhaps lose interest in the Z/28 because they could spend the "same" for a luxurious Corvette...

....Same rule applies...If that's how you look at it, the Z/28 is not the car for you....I just think all this "price-point" business, as in figuring out where the Z/28 "needs to fit in" as if it were for some long-haul model run, is pretty much non-applicable in this case...
90503 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2013, 06:41 PM   #17
Firefighter


 
Firefighter's Avatar
 
Drives: Black '13 2SS/RS/1LE w/NPP/NAV
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Tampa by way of Miami...
Posts: 4,568
I was most definitely out when they said it would be more than a ZL1...
Firefighter is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2013, 09:18 PM   #18
Camaro_Corvette
36.833283,-76.021958
 
Camaro_Corvette's Avatar
 
Drives: Team 1LE
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Earth
Posts: 23,407
I voted even though I'm not a buyer. I completely expect it to be every bit of what I voted. If not more after any available options are selected.
__________________
I am seriously never serious vv V vv Next order of business
Camaro_Corvette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2013, 09:18 PM   #19
2SSRS@Gen5diy

 
2SSRS@Gen5diy's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 2SS IOM ,2014 Z/28, 66 Nova
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: By the lake in AZ
Posts: 13,696
Quote:
Originally Posted by Firefighter View Post
I was most definitely out when they said it would be more than a ZL1...
At this time this is all, only what we think and nice to talk about, till GM sets the price in stone, we dont know, IMO there will be less then 1000 units built, and it will come close to 100K for the car, but then i dont work for GM so i can trow out any number and it sounds good.


Lets see where we are at.
__________________
<img src=images/smilies/thumbdown.gif border=0 alt= title=Thumbdown class=inlineimg />
2SSRS@Gen5diy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2013, 10:52 PM   #20
Bhobbs


 
Bhobbs's Avatar
 
Drives: 2015 SS 1LE Red Hot, 1970 Chevelle
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Chino, CA
Posts: 5,244
At this point in time, any price. I'm still in school and my Chevelle isn't running yet so my funds are severely limited.
Bhobbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2013, 12:44 AM   #21
Aldrich Z06
 
Aldrich Z06's Avatar
 
Drives: 02 z06,10 2SS/RS, 04 Duramax,11 335
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Chesnee S.C.
Posts: 87
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2SSRS View Post
It will beat the ZL1 at the track
I just read in the new Camaro Performers mag. it is 3 seconds faster than the ZL1 on the track.
__________________
02 Z06
04 Duramax
14 335
69 Camaro
10 2SS/RS Camaro
Aldrich Z06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2013, 12:52 AM   #22
Ajdin@A2BMotorsport
Account Suspended
 
Drives: 2013 Camaro 1SS/1LE
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Waterloo
Posts: 609
im hearing rumors (GM Execs) saying there going to be around the 70K mark, and to be honest if you just base the car of a performance stand point that's a great deal if it can go around a track 3-4 seconds faster than a ZL1 that puts it against the Ferrari 458 and other cars that cost 3-4x more.
Ajdin@A2BMotorsport is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2013, 07:50 AM   #23
2SSRS@Gen5diy

 
2SSRS@Gen5diy's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 2SS IOM ,2014 Z/28, 66 Nova
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: By the lake in AZ
Posts: 13,696
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bozz1LE View Post
im hearing rumors (GM Execs) saying there going to be around the 70K mark, and to be honest if you just base the car of a performance stand point that's a great deal if it can go around a track 3-4 seconds faster than a ZL1 that puts it against the Ferrari 458 and other cars that cost 3-4x more.
If we play the rumors game we heard the # was north of $85K and on the way to 100K so any one can play that,
__________________
<img src=images/smilies/thumbdown.gif border=0 alt= title=Thumbdown class=inlineimg />
2SSRS@Gen5diy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2013, 08:37 AM   #24
shaffe


 
Drives: 2012 Focus
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Burr Ridge
Posts: 2,448
Quote:
Originally Posted by 90503 View Post
I think all the previous discussions (and gripes) about why the Z/28 is bare-bones, etc., coming from the Camaro crowd would apply the same to the Corvette crowd with a casual interest in the Z/28....Camaro owners are told they can get "more" of what they may want in a street car by spending less for a ZL-1.....Corvette owners perhaps lose interest in the Z/28 because they could spend the "same" for a luxurious Corvette...

....Same rule applies...If that's how you look at it, the Z/28 is not the car for you....I just think all this "price-point" business, as in figuring out where the Z/28 "needs to fit in" as if it were for some long-haul model run, is pretty much non-applicable in this case...
I totally get what your saying, I cant seem to figure out how to word what I was trying to say lol. I was trying to say something along the lines for the people with enough $ to buy this as a toy, like a 3rd or 4th car.. People that might buy it just to buy it, may pass on it for something else at a certain price point, but like you said this isnt the car for them
shaffe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2013, 08:46 AM   #25
2010SLVRBULIT


 
2010SLVRBULIT's Avatar
 
Drives: G5(LLT) & C6(LS3)
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: MARS
Posts: 7,435
no way it should be more expenive than the ZL1.
2010SLVRBULIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2013, 08:56 AM   #26
Camaro_Corvette
36.833283,-76.021958
 
Camaro_Corvette's Avatar
 
Drives: Team 1LE
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Earth
Posts: 23,407
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2010SLVRBULIT View Post
no way it should be more expenive than the ZL1.
Multiple members of GM have already said that this will most likely cost more than a ZL1. Even some of the Corvette community has accepted the fact that this thing will be faster than the C7. And more expensive.
__________________
I am seriously never serious vv V vv Next order of business
Camaro_Corvette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2013, 09:08 AM   #27
Camaro_Corvette
36.833283,-76.021958
 
Camaro_Corvette's Avatar
 
Drives: Team 1LE
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Earth
Posts: 23,407
I completely understand that some of you want to have a hope and a prayer on snatching this up cheap, but I have a feeling that reality will sink in soon. When I look at this new Z/28, I want to see a Z06 like performance (obviously plus some weight, but I think you know what I mean) . GM finally stepped up the camaros game. And I for one, cannot wait. I already know that I can't afford this thing. But as an enthusiast of the camaro. I hope this car kicks ass. It's not about me. It's about the car. I want this car to succeed more than anything on this planet. No compromises!

If I'm wrong, so be it. And everybody can have one, yay.

From Fbod himself;

Quote:
Originally Posted by fbodfather View Post

The 2014 is dedicated to the “Z/28” purist. This is a track car that makes no excuses. That this car is a full three seconds faster on a track than the mighty ZL1 speaks volumes to its intent. Make no mistake – this isn’t a slap at the mightly ZL1. Far from it. If you want a car that blows other cars off a road course on Saturday and Sunday – and yet will get you to the office in comfort on Monday morning – the ZL1 is the car for you. If you want blistering track performance at a reasonable cost – the 1LE is prescribed. And – if you want to shame exotics on a road course – with an automobile that’s not meant for daily driving, then the Z/28 makes no apologies and may grab you by the collar – shake you silly -- and shout “LET’S GO MAKE HISTORY!”
I don't know about any of you, but that sounds like a Z06 like vehicle to me. Which tells me it's going to be expensive.
__________________
I am seriously never serious vv V vv Next order of business
Camaro_Corvette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2013, 09:14 AM   #28
The Stig
knows 2 facts about ducks
 
The Stig's Avatar
 
Drives: ...and they're both wrong
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: The HMS Invincible
Posts: 26,275
Quote:
Originally Posted by Camaro_Corvette View Post
I completely understand that some of you want to have a hope and a prayer on snatching this up cheap, but I have a feeling that reality will sink in soon. When I look at this new Z/28, I want to see a Z06 like performance (obviously plus some weight, but I think you know what I mean) . GM finally stepped up the camaros game. And I for one, cannot wait. I already know that I can't afford this thing. But as an enthusiast of the camaro. I hope this car kicks ass. It's not about me. It's about the car. I want this car to succeed more than anything on this planet. No compromises!

If I'm wrong, so be it. And everybody can have one, yay.
__________________
Click to view my build thread
The Stig is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:02 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.