Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com
 
Cold Air Inductions
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Specific Models / Packages > Camaro 1LE Forum

Camaro 1LE Forum Camaro 1LE Package releated discussions

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 05-11-2013, 02:02 PM   #1
BlueAc
 
BlueAc's Avatar
 
Drives: Acura TL (for now)
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Delaware County
Posts: 39
I'm getting close...

I just got home from looking at a 2013 Summit White 1LE. The car is pretty much loaded the way I wanted with the exception of it having a (VAS) Color matched grille and (CF5) Power Sunroof. If I were to have placed a custom order I would have deleted those 2 but they are not really a deal breaker. Other than that it is loaded to my liking. It has a sticker price of 45670.00 and with my GM dealer supply discount it would come to 43837.00 and then of course the 1,000 incentive would come off of that. Along with the $1000 Private if I can score one from the Chevy website. My question is the dealer told me there really isn't any wiggle room with the dealer supply price, is this true? What kind of numbers are you guys working? I looked for a thread like this and it does probably exist, I couldn't find it.
BlueAc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2013, 02:40 PM   #2
S3XPanther
by Odeon
 
S3XPanther's Avatar
 
Drives: '12 SS/RS A6 IOM SOLD, '13 1LE IOM
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Good question
Posts: 1,722
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueAc View Post
I just got home from looking at a 2013 Summit White 1LE. The car is pretty much loaded the way I wanted with the exception of it having a (VAS) Color matched grille and (CF5) Power Sunroof. If I were to have placed a custom order I would have deleted those 2 but they are not really a deal breaker. Other than that it is loaded to my liking. It has a sticker price of 45670.00 and with my GM dealer supply discount it would come to 43837.00 and then of course the 1,000 incentive would come off of that. Along with the $1000 Private if I can score one from the Chevy website. My question is the dealer told me there really isn't any wiggle room with the dealer supply price, is this true? What kind of numbers are you guys working? I looked for a thread like this and it does probably exist, I couldn't find it.
No, of course it isn't true.

Most people can get them for supplier, but push a little and try for invoice.

And, I don't see how he can deny you the 1k incentive and 1k private offer.
__________________
"It works 60% of the time, every time."

"Some say it's a waste of time, others say it's an incredible waste of time."

"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy."

2013 IOM SS/RS - 1LE. Born 5/6/2013 (1 of 32 1SS IOM 1LE's)
S3XPanther is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2013, 03:24 PM   #3
BlueAc
 
BlueAc's Avatar
 
Drives: Acura TL (for now)
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Delaware County
Posts: 39
Quote:
Originally Posted by S3XPanther View Post
No, of course it isn't true.

Most people can get them for supplier, but push a little and try for invoice.

And, I don't see how he can deny you the 1k incentive and 1k private offer.
Sorry if I wasn't clear but the dealer didn't deny me any incentives. He just stated that he could't go any lower than the supplier price and that price is lower than what they paid for the car. I know that last statement was complete BS, because I know they wouldn't sell a car to make no profit. I'm just wondering how much to try and reduce it. Where do you guys go to find this info?
BlueAc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2013, 03:34 PM   #4
Bad@ssCamaro
Rogers' Rocks :-)
 
Bad@ssCamaro's Avatar
 
Drives: 2015 1SS/1LE
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Western MA
Posts: 5,212
There is a 3% holdback on vehicles, but then your messing with their profitability, you'd have to get them in a position where they need that sale in order to meet quota. Best time to negotiate is at end of month, end of year and end of MY. If you want to know what invoice is, just go to Autotrader.com or Cars.com and build the car with all the same options and it will give you invoice pricing as well as a fair price and MSRP.
__________________
Former Camaros: (gone but not forgotten)
1976 LT Black/Black 305 V8 (Bone Stock)
1976 LT Black/White 305 V8 (Bone Stock) except for Cragar chrome rims (yep - #2)
1985 Z-28 Black/Black 305 L69 M5(Bone Stock) I know: slow

Current Camaro:
2015 CRT 1SS/1LE RS/Recaro's/NPP/Nav/Rear vision pkg./BA speaker upgrade.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fbodfather View Post
CAFE STANDARDS! Get used to them or vote our electeds in Washington out of office...........
Bad@ssCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2013, 03:40 PM   #5
Southern Comfort
No Tags/Habitual Violator
 
Southern Comfort's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 SIM 1LE & 2010 ABM/LT/RS
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: North Georgia
Posts: 2,147
Let them know if you are a USAA member, and they will take another 750 off.
__________________

'10 2SSVortech(sold) *'10 2LT ABM (sweet) *'13 1LE 2SS (sold) *'13 1LE 44? of 44*
Check out the Atlanta area A.C.E.5 events page
Got quality 5th Gen Camaro performance parts for sale? Shoot me a PM with what ya got and what ya want.
Southern Comfort is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2013, 03:55 PM   #6
BlueAc
 
BlueAc's Avatar
 
Drives: Acura TL (for now)
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Delaware County
Posts: 39
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bad@ssCamaro View Post
There is a 3% holdback on vehicles, but then your messing with their profitability, you'd have to get them in a position where they need that sale in order to meet quota. Best time to negotiate is at end of month, end of year and end of MY. If you want to know what invoice is, just go to Autotrader.com or Cars.com and build the car with all the same options and it will give you invoice pricing as well as a fair price and MSRP.
Thanks for that info, that's exactly what I was looking for. I built the car on Cars.com using the build sheet the dealer gave me. The invoice price came out to be $43,188.00, looks like I'm about $649 above it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Southern Comfort View Post
Let them know if you are a USAA member, and they will take another 750 off.
I already did that lol... Anything thing else I'm missing?
BlueAc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2013, 04:06 PM   #7
Bad@ssCamaro
Rogers' Rocks :-)
 
Bad@ssCamaro's Avatar
 
Drives: 2015 1SS/1LE
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Western MA
Posts: 5,212
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueAc View Post
Thanks for that info, that's exactly what I was looking for. I built the car on Cars.com using the build sheet the dealer gave me. The invoice price came out to be $43,188.00, looks like I'm about $649 above it.



I already did that lol... Anything thing else I'm missing?
So with your incentives and rebates, that should put you at $41087. That's a pretty fair price for a loaded 1LE.
__________________
Former Camaros: (gone but not forgotten)
1976 LT Black/Black 305 V8 (Bone Stock)
1976 LT Black/White 305 V8 (Bone Stock) except for Cragar chrome rims (yep - #2)
1985 Z-28 Black/Black 305 L69 M5(Bone Stock) I know: slow

Current Camaro:
2015 CRT 1SS/1LE RS/Recaro's/NPP/Nav/Rear vision pkg./BA speaker upgrade.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fbodfather View Post
CAFE STANDARDS! Get used to them or vote our electeds in Washington out of office...........
Bad@ssCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2013, 05:07 PM   #8
fgg60
Sweet Annie!! BRM
 
fgg60's Avatar
 
Drives: '13 2SS/RS 1LE BRM NPP CF5
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Bristol, CT
Posts: 355
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bad@ssCamaro View Post
There is a 3% holdback on vehicles,
True... I got my car with a GM Employee Discount, $1000 Cash Back, $1500 Employee Vehicle Allowance and $1000 Special Offer off the website... SO you should be able to do the same.
Good Luck! Hope you are able to close the deal!
__________________
FGG60 - (BRM 2SS 1LE) 1 of 70!!
fgg60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2013, 05:24 PM   #9
BlueAc
 
BlueAc's Avatar
 
Drives: Acura TL (for now)
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Delaware County
Posts: 39
Quote:
Originally Posted by fgg60 View Post
True... I got my car with a GM Employee Discount, $1000 Cash Back, $1500 Employee Vehicle Allowance and $1000 Special Offer off the website... SO you should be able to do the same.
Good Luck! Hope you are able to close the deal!
I'm hoping I can get the private offer this week. Thanks man!
BlueAc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2013, 10:51 PM   #10
BRMike
 
BRMike's Avatar
 
Drives: 2004 Impulse Blue Metallic GTO
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Denham Springs, LA
Posts: 94
Good luck!

I came pretty close to trading in my GTO on a IOM 2SS 1LE this afternoon. I'm still thinking of pulling the trigger, but I'm attached to my GTO. I've had it nearly nine years.
BRMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2013, 11:18 PM   #11
Midnight Rat

 
Midnight Rat's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 SS 1LE
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: El Paso
Posts: 1,206
One thing you can do about the grill is tell the dealer not to install it and you can sell it on your own.
__________________
Midnight Rat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2013, 12:06 AM   #12
DHSS
 
DHSS's Avatar
 
Drives: Empty
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Grand Prairie, Tx
Posts: 457
Invoice, minus holdback, minus all rebates. Triple net. Walk if they don't do it. Camaros are a dime a dozen right now
DHSS is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:44 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.