Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com
 
Trunk Monkey Parts
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Specific Models / Packages > Camaro 1LE Forum


Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 05-10-2013, 07:57 AM   #15
Jims Mongoose
Jim
 
Jims Mongoose's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 Black 2SS 1LE
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Scottsdale, Arizona
Posts: 629
I know I will be considered a Nut

Hey guys, quick question. I'm trading up to a 1LE from my V6. The 1LE I found is black 2SS with no RS. A few questions.

Can they remove the hood wrap and is the normal paint underneath? I like it better.

Without the RS it will be missing the Halogen lights, correct? Are the taillights also different? Can dealer just install the Halogens and replace tailights?

Any other differences without the RS?

Question about wheels. Can wheels be stripped of black paint and what will be underneath?


Look, I know by now you think I'm nuts. I love the 1LE feel when I drive it, the close ratio gearbox, the handling etc. I'm not in love with the all black look and black wheels.

Has anyone else have a 1LE that doesn't have black wheels or no flat black hood?

Jim

Included a picture of my current 2LT to show you the look I like.
Attached Images
 
Jims Mongoose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2013, 08:07 AM   #16
tramtwo


 
tramtwo's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 1LE
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: N'Awlinz
Posts: 6,306
Looks great... the flat is the trick... everyone that cleans with product has "some" sheen to it which ruins the looks. No shine for the win!! make sure the soap you use does not have any gloss or wax in it. Surprisingly most do...
__________________
tramtwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2013, 08:20 AM   #17
tbirdsleeve
CMSgt, USAF
 
Drives: 2013 1LE Camaro
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: San Antonio, TX
Posts: 81
Hood is painted body color under wrap and can be removed--rims don't have the best quality paint coverage on them--not sure if u could strip or not and if u did it wouldn't have shiny chrome look--people LIVE the black rims (on ZL1 also)-- I guarantee someone would buy them off u and/or trade stock rims--u will LOVE the car!!!!!
tbirdsleeve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2013, 08:21 AM   #18
tbirdsleeve
CMSgt, USAF
 
Drives: 2013 1LE Camaro
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: San Antonio, TX
Posts: 81
Meant LOVE black rims not LIVE--autocorrect!!!!
tbirdsleeve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2013, 09:45 AM   #19
Southern Comfort
No Tags/Habitual Violator
 
Southern Comfort's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 ABM/LT/RS & z71
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: North Georgia
Posts: 2,346
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jims Mongoose View Post
Hey guys, quick question. I'm trading up to a 1LE from my V6. The 1LE I found is black 2SS with no RS. A few questions.

Can they remove the hood wrap and is the normal paint underneath? I like it better.

Without the RS it will be missing the Halogen lights, correct? Are the taillights also different? Can dealer just install the Halogens and replace tailights?

Any other differences without the RS?

Question about wheels. Can wheels be stripped of black paint and what will be underneath?


Look, I know by now you think I'm nuts. I love the 1LE feel when I drive it, the close ratio gearbox, the handling etc. I'm not in love with the all black look and black wheels.

Has anyone else have a 1LE that doesn't have black wheels or no flat black hood?

Jim

Included a picture of my current 2LT to show you the look I like.
1LE hood has the normal paint job under the wrap. Just peel the vinyl.
This is what they will look like stripped. Check with local wheel shops about blasting off the paint and polishing. They can chrome them if you want.
Attached Images
 
Southern Comfort is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2013, 12:57 PM   #20
Jims Mongoose
Jim
 
Jims Mongoose's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 Black 2SS 1LE
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Scottsdale, Arizona
Posts: 629
Okay that sounds good

Thanks to Tbirdsleeve and Southern Comfort.

I will have dealer remove wrap if i buy it. I will ask his wheel guy to see what can be done with wheels. I love the polished ones on the ZL1 pace car.

Black car with those polished wheels.

Jim
Jims Mongoose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2013, 01:07 PM   #21
Camaro_Corvette
36.833283,-76.021958
 
Camaro_Corvette's Avatar
 
Drives: Team 1LE
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Earth
Posts: 23,409
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jims Mongoose View Post
Thanks to Tbirdsleeve and Southern Comfort.

I will have dealer remove wrap if i buy it. I will ask his wheel guy to see what can be done with wheels. I love the polished ones on the ZL1 pace car.

Black car with those polished wheels.

Jim
Yeah, that would look good
__________________
I am seriously never serious vv V vv Next order of business
Camaro_Corvette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2013, 01:54 PM   #22
Jims Mongoose
Jim
 
Jims Mongoose's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 Black 2SS 1LE
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Scottsdale, Arizona
Posts: 629
Yeah

Yes, and that Vette looks good as well. Do you have a ZR1 hood on that beauty?

Jim
Jims Mongoose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2013, 12:19 AM   #23
Bad@ssCamaro
Rogers' Rocks :-)
 
Bad@ssCamaro's Avatar
 
Drives: 2015 1SS/1LE
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Western MA
Posts: 5,716
@ Jims Mongoose - The non RS has the Halogen lamps. You must be talking about the HID (High Intensity Discharge) lamps. You can get aftermarket ones by Eagle Eye. If you get the HID factory ones, they will be quite expensive. The taillights are just a shade darker lens for the RS compared to the non RS.

I found Angel Eye headlights:

http://www.carid.com/2013-chevy-camaro-headlights/

another link:

http://www.phastekperformance.com/20...-Kit-s/523.htm

for the
__________________
2015 CRT 1SS/1LE RS/Recaro's/NPP/Nav/Rear vision pkg./BA speaker upgrade.


Last edited by Bad@ssCamaro; 05-11-2013 at 02:37 AM.
Bad@ssCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2013, 05:06 PM   #24
Jims Mongoose
Jim
 
Jims Mongoose's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 Black 2SS 1LE
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Scottsdale, Arizona
Posts: 629
Thanks for the RS Correction

So bad@sscamaro, then the High Intensity Discharge lamps are what people are referring to when they say 'Halos', correct. If I get the car the dealer will throw those in or lose the deal.

Is it possible to get the darker lens for the taillights without buying the whole assembly?

Thanks for the links.

Jim
Jims Mongoose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2013, 05:17 PM   #25
UF4LIFE102SS
Treasure Coast Camaro 5
 
UF4LIFE102SS's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 2 SS
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Vero Beach, FL.
Posts: 4,176
It's not the lens it's the inner housing. Good luck with the dealer throwing in the HID's. U will need a hareness to make them work.
__________________
UF4LIFE102SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2013, 05:56 PM   #26
Toasty
Custom User Title :D
 
Toasty's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 Summit White 2LT/RS
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Bolingbrook, IL
Posts: 2,342
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jims Mongoose View Post
So bad@sscamaro, then the High Intensity Discharge lamps are what people are referring to when they say 'Halos', correct. If I get the car the dealer will throw those in or lose the deal.

Is it possible to get the darker lens for the taillights without buying the whole assembly?

Thanks for the links.

Jim
Your dealer is very likely to NOT just throw in the halo/HID lights... it takes a special wire harness (definitely NOT OEM) and of course, the lights themselves... new GM cost is likely close to or exceeding the entire cost of the RS package. If you really want the RS features, it may be bests to negotiate with the dealer and have them locate or order you what you want.
__________________
Toasty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2013, 09:11 PM   #27
FINALLYSATISFIED
Est.1775
 
FINALLYSATISFIED's Avatar
 
Drives: '15 Challenger Hellcat
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: SoCal
Posts: 5,498
Water and soap is all you need to clean it off, that's what most owners with vinyl don't know.
FINALLYSATISFIED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2013, 09:34 PM   #28
KlugSS
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Do people know that 3m warranties the wrap for life? Seems some people either don't know that or forgot.
  Reply With Quote
 
Reply

Tags
1le, hood, vinyl wrap

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:28 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.