Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com
 
Cam Motion
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Regional Forums > Canada

Canada Leafs

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 05-06-2013, 04:42 AM   #26
Matster

 
Matster's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 2SS/RS IOM/IOM #3625
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Greater Toronto Area
Posts: 1,886
Quote:
Originally Posted by NFRNOSS View Post
I took it to several detailers last year, and they all said it would be unfixable. I'll probably replace the stripes in a year or two.
When the time comes to replace them, get them painted on.
__________________
666 EVIL RWHP BUILT AND TUNED BY SHIFTED PERCEPTIONS INC.(SPi)

416 Forged Stroker, E-Force Supercharger, Blower Cam, Rotofab CAI, Stainless Works 2" LT Headers and 3" Exhaust, LPE ZR1 Twin Disc Clutch, DSS 1400 HP Axles, Pfadt Performance Kit Stage 3.
Matster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 07:52 PM   #27
NFRNOSS

 
NFRNOSS's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Camaro RS/2SS LS3 IOM
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Calgary, Alberta, Canada
Posts: 951
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matster View Post
When the time comes to replace them, get them painted on.
I'll definitely consider that.
NFRNOSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2013, 04:52 AM   #28
Matster

 
Matster's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 2SS/RS IOM/IOM #3625
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Greater Toronto Area
Posts: 1,886
Quote:
Originally Posted by NFRNOSS View Post
I'll definitely consider that.
Had vinyl on mine for the first year, they looked good but I hated the raised edges and the fact that they just would not hold a shine.

Had them painted on in the spring of 2010 and they look so much better. I guess the only down side is, if I get a big scratch or chip, I can't just peel them off and put new ones on.
__________________
666 EVIL RWHP BUILT AND TUNED BY SHIFTED PERCEPTIONS INC.(SPi)

416 Forged Stroker, E-Force Supercharger, Blower Cam, Rotofab CAI, Stainless Works 2" LT Headers and 3" Exhaust, LPE ZR1 Twin Disc Clutch, DSS 1400 HP Axles, Pfadt Performance Kit Stage 3.
Matster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2013, 09:35 PM   #29
smarbrit
 
Drives: 2012 Camaro 2SS/RS IOM
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Calgary, AB
Posts: 655
I received my zaino order on Friday . Not going to be able to get to working on detailing for a few more weeks which is ok.

My inlays had a Simoniz random orbit polisher they have lent me, it comes with a number of pads. Are these ok to use or should i order some zaino pads or Just try my first detail by hand?
smarbrit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2013, 11:12 PM   #30
dragon22

 
dragon22's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS SIM
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Calgary, Alberta
Posts: 1,687
Sheena, with the Zaino products, you really need to apply them by hand. I'm not sure you can correct swirls with them. I believe they are more for getting that deep wet look. Honestly, they say 1 oz does the whole car. And it does! One of my coworkers tried using Zaino like he would McGuiars and it took about a week for it to dry for him to get it off.

Follow the directions to the T. If you don't think it's going on the car, rub a spot on your window with the applicator. If it leaves a streak, it is going on.
__________________
2010 2SS/RS - 6M Silver Ice Metallic

ARH LT Headers with MBRP 3" catback exhaust, Cold Air Inductions CAI, ZL1 inspired splitter, ZL1 Grille, Rear Fascia blackout, Gill decals, Aftermarket Hurst Short Throw shifter, Tune by Jannetty Racing.
dragon22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2013, 05:31 AM   #31
Matster

 
Matster's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 2SS/RS IOM/IOM #3625
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Greater Toronto Area
Posts: 1,886
Quote:
Originally Posted by dragon22 View Post
Sheena, with the Zaino products, you really need to apply them by hand. I'm not sure you can correct swirls with them. I believe they are more for getting that deep wet look. Honestly, they say 1 oz does the whole car. And it does! One of my coworkers tried using Zaino like he would McGuiars and it took about a week for it to dry for him to get it off.

Follow the directions to the T. If you don't think it's going on the car, rub a spot on your window with the applicator. If it leaves a streak, it is going on.
Hey Tom,

Zaino has this product for swivel and minor scratch removal http://www.zainostore.ca/zaino-produ...swirl-remover/ I have used it and it does an OK job. It is a micro abrasive so read the instructions carefully before using it.
__________________
666 EVIL RWHP BUILT AND TUNED BY SHIFTED PERCEPTIONS INC.(SPi)

416 Forged Stroker, E-Force Supercharger, Blower Cam, Rotofab CAI, Stainless Works 2" LT Headers and 3" Exhaust, LPE ZR1 Twin Disc Clutch, DSS 1400 HP Axles, Pfadt Performance Kit Stage 3.
Matster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2013, 11:01 AM   #32
dragon22

 
dragon22's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS SIM
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Calgary, Alberta
Posts: 1,687
Quote:
Originally Posted by smarbrit View Post
I received my zaino order on Friday . Not going to be able to get to working on detailing for a few more weeks which is ok.

My inlays had a Simoniz random orbit polisher they have lent me, it comes with a number of pads. Are these ok to use or should i order some zaino pads or Just try my first detail by hand?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matster View Post
Hey Tom,

Zaino has this product for swivel and minor scratch removal http://www.zainostore.ca/zaino-produ...swirl-remover/ I have used it and it does an OK job. It is a micro abrasive so read the instructions carefully before using it.
Well Sheena. Matt has corrected me. LOL LOL If you have the above product that Matt has mentioned, you can use the orbital with it. Have you used it yourself Matt? How does it work?

I would be interested to see the results.
__________________
2010 2SS/RS - 6M Silver Ice Metallic

ARH LT Headers with MBRP 3" catback exhaust, Cold Air Inductions CAI, ZL1 inspired splitter, ZL1 Grille, Rear Fascia blackout, Gill decals, Aftermarket Hurst Short Throw shifter, Tune by Jannetty Racing.
dragon22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2013, 11:37 AM   #33
Meltdownaverted
I sell Camaro's
 
Meltdownaverted's Avatar
 
Drives: traded 11 2SS RS SGM for 13 SS 1LE
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Brooks Alberta Canada
Posts: 1,343
Quote:
Originally Posted by NFRNOSS View Post
I took it to several detailers last year, and they all said it would be unfixable. I'll probably replace the stripes in a year or two.

I like the vinyl as its easy to change up, most sign shops in town can do a totally custom look for you in any style, color or fade you like. Removal of my original vinyl stripes from factory and adding all that pink only cost me $300. It may not have been to everyones taste but the job was done quite well.
or just order up some and try installing yourself

http://www.moproauto.net/servlet/the...FSU6Qgod4EcAMg
__________________
Meltdownaverted is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2013, 12:48 PM   #34
smarbrit
 
Drives: 2012 Camaro 2SS/RS IOM
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Calgary, AB
Posts: 655
Quote:
Originally Posted by dragon22 View Post
Well Sheena. Matt has corrected me. LOL LOL If you have the above product that Matt has mentioned, you can use the orbital with it. Have you used it yourself Matt? How does it work?

I would be interested to see the results.
Well, I should read instructions prior to posting...lol I have the Zaino polish for heavy swirl marks and fine scratches, different product than Matt mentioned. No orbital required for application.

I watched a bunch of Adam's videos over the weekend on detailing, which was quite helpful but took the process to a different level.
smarbrit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2013, 02:00 PM   #35
dragon22

 
dragon22's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS SIM
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Calgary, Alberta
Posts: 1,687
Quote:
Originally Posted by smarbrit View Post
Well, I should read instructions prior to posting...lol I have the Zaino polish for heavy swirl marks and fine scratches, different product than Matt mentioned. No orbital required for application.

I watched a bunch of Adam's videos over the weekend on detailing, which was quite helpful but took the process to a different level.
You guys start power polishing and you will find muscles and joints you didn't even know existed! LMAO
__________________
2010 2SS/RS - 6M Silver Ice Metallic

ARH LT Headers with MBRP 3" catback exhaust, Cold Air Inductions CAI, ZL1 inspired splitter, ZL1 Grille, Rear Fascia blackout, Gill decals, Aftermarket Hurst Short Throw shifter, Tune by Jannetty Racing.
dragon22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2013, 08:10 PM   #36
NFRNOSS

 
NFRNOSS's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Camaro RS/2SS LS3 IOM
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Calgary, Alberta, Canada
Posts: 951
Quote:
Originally Posted by Meltdownaverted View Post
I like the vinyl as its easy to change up, most sign shops in town can do a totally custom look for you in any style, color or fade you like. Removal of my original vinyl stripes from factory and adding all that pink only cost me $300. It may not have been to everyones taste but the job was done quite well.
or just order up some and try installing yourself

http://www.moproauto.net/servlet/the...FSU6Qgod4EcAMg
Oh wow. Very reasonable! Thanks
NFRNOSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2013, 01:42 AM   #37
dragon22

 
dragon22's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS SIM
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Calgary, Alberta
Posts: 1,687
On another note...I took my car into the body shop at Southgate today. There is about 4 days worth of work on it and God willing everything goes smoothly...I should have it by Friday. If not, I'll be needing a rental for the weekend. I'll phone them Thursday and find out if it will be ready. I'll decide if I have to call the insurance company then.
__________________
2010 2SS/RS - 6M Silver Ice Metallic

ARH LT Headers with MBRP 3" catback exhaust, Cold Air Inductions CAI, ZL1 inspired splitter, ZL1 Grille, Rear Fascia blackout, Gill decals, Aftermarket Hurst Short Throw shifter, Tune by Jannetty Racing.
dragon22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2013, 10:26 AM   #38
smarbrit
 
Drives: 2012 Camaro 2SS/RS IOM
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Calgary, AB
Posts: 655
Quote:
Originally Posted by dragon22 View Post
On another note...I took my car into the body shop at Southgate today. There is about 4 days worth of work on it and God willing everything goes smoothly...I should have it by Friday. If not, I'll be needing a rental for the weekend. I'll phone them Thursday and find out if it will be ready. I'll decide if I have to call the insurance company then.
Fingers crossed you have her back by Friday! When I had the hail damage repairs done I had mine back in about 4 days as well, but I didn't take it as they put a number of scratches in one of my doors.

Mine is back at the dealer for the brakes. Still vibrating at highway speeds. Tried telling me they are only covered 1 tim under warrantye. Told them that's fine, but they weren't fixed the first time. Will see what happens!
smarbrit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2013, 11:21 AM   #39
dragon22

 
dragon22's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS SIM
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Calgary, Alberta
Posts: 1,687
It's so hard on these cars to tell if the vibration is from the front or the rear brakes. "In the old days"...LOL...the park brake was part of the brake system. What I mean by that is you could slowly apply the park brake to determine if the vibration was in the rear. On these cars, the park brake is separate (a shoe setup inside the rear rotors) so you can no longer do that to determine which end of the car the vibration is coming from. The only way to know for sure is if it is severe enough to shake the steering wheel (this would be front) or to shake through the seats (most likely rear).

Stick to your guns! You're correct in saying it was not fixed in the first go around and they should still honour the warranty. If they had been smart, they would have told you no warranty to begin with, but now they have committed themselves. LOL

Good luck Sheena!
__________________
2010 2SS/RS - 6M Silver Ice Metallic

ARH LT Headers with MBRP 3" catback exhaust, Cold Air Inductions CAI, ZL1 inspired splitter, ZL1 Grille, Rear Fascia blackout, Gill decals, Aftermarket Hurst Short Throw shifter, Tune by Jannetty Racing.
dragon22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2013, 01:00 PM   #40
smarbrit
 
Drives: 2012 Camaro 2SS/RS IOM
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Calgary, AB
Posts: 655
Quote:
Originally Posted by dragon22 View Post
It's so hard on these cars to tell if the vibration is from the front or the rear brakes. "In the old days"...LOL...the park brake was part of the brake system. What I mean by that is you could slowly apply the park brake to determine if the vibration was in the rear. On these cars, the park brake is separate (a shoe setup inside the rear rotors) so you can no longer do that to determine which end of the car the vibration is coming from. The only way to know for sure is if it is severe enough to shake the steering wheel (this would be front) or to shake through the seats (most likely rear).

Stick to your guns! You're correct in saying it was not fixed in the first go around and they should still honour the warranty. If they had been smart, they would have told you no warranty to begin with, but now they have committed themselves. LOL

Good luck Sheena!
I sure hope your car comes out looking better than new!!! Shaganappi did a great job on my bumper and the keyed area and were a pleasure to work with!! Amazing what body shops can do!

I won't back down on the brakes. Will just see what they have to say later today.
smarbrit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2013, 01:19 PM   #41
dragon22

 
dragon22's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS SIM
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Calgary, Alberta
Posts: 1,687
I'm sure Southgate will do a great job. When they repainted the back end of my car it looked amazing!

Keep us posted on your brakes.
__________________
2010 2SS/RS - 6M Silver Ice Metallic

ARH LT Headers with MBRP 3" catback exhaust, Cold Air Inductions CAI, ZL1 inspired splitter, ZL1 Grille, Rear Fascia blackout, Gill decals, Aftermarket Hurst Short Throw shifter, Tune by Jannetty Racing.
dragon22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2013, 04:48 PM   #42
Matster

 
Matster's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 2SS/RS IOM/IOM #3625
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Greater Toronto Area
Posts: 1,886
Quote:
Originally Posted by dragon22 View Post
Well Sheena. Matt has corrected me. LOL LOL If you have the above product that Matt has mentioned, you can use the orbital with it. Have you used it yourself Matt? How does it work?

I would be interested to see the results.
Yes Tom, the first winter I put the GM cover on it, the car was spotless when I put it away. When I took the cover off in the spring my pillar posts were scratched really bad. The GM covers was not designed for cars with ground effects, it is way too tight and not in a good way like a hot babe in tight jeans I went to visit Marsha at Hugger Covers and she made a cover to fit properly with the ground effects.

I used this stuff but only with elbow grease. I was too chicken to use a machine. It did a reasonable good job removing the scratches and once polished it looked like new again.

Hope the repairs go well and it gets return to you like new.
__________________
666 EVIL RWHP BUILT AND TUNED BY SHIFTED PERCEPTIONS INC.(SPi)

416 Forged Stroker, E-Force Supercharger, Blower Cam, Rotofab CAI, Stainless Works 2" LT Headers and 3" Exhaust, LPE ZR1 Twin Disc Clutch, DSS 1400 HP Axles, Pfadt Performance Kit Stage 3.
Matster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2013, 11:53 PM   #43
dragon22

 
dragon22's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS SIM
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Calgary, Alberta
Posts: 1,687
Matt, that almost sounds painful! I mean pulling the cover off and seeing the scratches! I love that hot babe comment though! LMAO

Since I've used the PC for polishing, I think it would kill me to use good old fashioned elbow grease!

As for my car coming out looking like new...I'm positive it will. Southgate has always treated me...and my car...real good. I feel like I'm part of a family there.
__________________
2010 2SS/RS - 6M Silver Ice Metallic

ARH LT Headers with MBRP 3" catback exhaust, Cold Air Inductions CAI, ZL1 inspired splitter, ZL1 Grille, Rear Fascia blackout, Gill decals, Aftermarket Hurst Short Throw shifter, Tune by Jannetty Racing.
dragon22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2013, 08:52 PM   #44
smarbrit
 
Drives: 2012 Camaro 2SS/RS IOM
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Calgary, AB
Posts: 655
I've been a detailing queen all day and I'm still not done! But holy frick my car looks amazing!! I don't think it looked this good new! Heading out to wipe down again, then a spray and that's it for the night. Wax and windows tomorrow! Haven't even touched the inside either.....I can see why it costs so much for the pros to do it!!

Will post pics tomorrow when the sun is on the front of the house!
smarbrit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2013, 12:38 AM   #45
dragon22

 
dragon22's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS SIM
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Calgary, Alberta
Posts: 1,687
Quote:
Originally Posted by smarbrit View Post
I've been a detailing queen all day and I'm still not done! But holy frick my car looks amazing!! I don't think it looked this good new! Heading out to wipe down again, then a spray and that's it for the night. Wax and windows tomorrow! Haven't even touched the inside either.....I can see why it costs so much for the pros to do it!!

Will post pics tomorrow when the sun is on the front of the house!
Can't wait to see. And yes...that's why it costs so much! LOL But they probably aren't spending the pain staking time on it that you are.

But isn't it nice to have quality time with your baby?
__________________
2010 2SS/RS - 6M Silver Ice Metallic

ARH LT Headers with MBRP 3" catback exhaust, Cold Air Inductions CAI, ZL1 inspired splitter, ZL1 Grille, Rear Fascia blackout, Gill decals, Aftermarket Hurst Short Throw shifter, Tune by Jannetty Racing.
dragon22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2013, 06:43 AM   #46
smarbrit
 
Drives: 2012 Camaro 2SS/RS IOM
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Calgary, AB
Posts: 655
Quote:
Originally Posted by dragon22 View Post
Can't wait to see. And yes...that's why it costs so much! LOL But they probably aren't spending the pain staking time on it that you are.

But isn't it nice to have quality time with your baby?
Pain staking is right, up at 530 am to take some Advil, my wrists are throbbing!

I thoroughly enjoyed doing the work but I'm so sore today. You weren't kidding about discovering new muscles!!

Love the product, could see results with each application, just better and better. I can't wait to see her in the sun as well! Thanks for the advice Tom!
smarbrit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2013, 11:58 AM   #47
NFRNOSS

 
NFRNOSS's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Camaro RS/2SS LS3 IOM
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Calgary, Alberta, Canada
Posts: 951
I would love to see your car after all your hard work! You've got me tempted to do mine now
__________________
2010 Camaro RS/2SS IOM M6 | RotoFab Cold Air Intake | VMAX CNC Spiral Ported Throttle Body |
| IOM Painted Calipers | Halo DRL Harness | SS Side Badges | Trunk Blackout |
NFRNOSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2013, 01:18 PM   #48
smarbrit
 
Drives: 2012 Camaro 2SS/RS IOM
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Calgary, AB
Posts: 655
Well, I have scrutinized my results in the sun and I really could do another couple of coats of the swirl and scratch remover, I only did one and then 2 coats of the shine polish. You have to look pretty hard to see the scratches down on the back hips but I did cant see any swirls.

Before and after pics...For some reason the pic button isn't working to insert pics....

Before, took throw a wand wash, then finished with a hand wash at home. Rained on and off yesterday so no sun shots.

http://i1199.photobucket.com/albums/...psc28c2a38.jpg

http://i1199.photobucket.com/albums/...ps02b2500a.jpg

http://i1199.photobucket.com/albums/...ps6eee2c4f.jpg

After:

http://i1199.photobucket.com/albums/...psbaf64bec.jpg

http://i1199.photobucket.com/albums/...ps4176fc67.jpg

http://i1199.photobucket.com/albums/...ps5e440999.jpg

http://i1199.photobucket.com/albums/...ps2f00fdbb.jpg

http://i1199.photobucket.com/albums/...ps7e78861b.jpg

http://i1199.photobucket.com/albums/...ps87a3b128.jpg

http://i1199.photobucket.com/albums/...ps4788e0d2.jpg
smarbrit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2013, 01:20 PM   #49
smarbrit
 
Drives: 2012 Camaro 2SS/RS IOM
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Calgary, AB
Posts: 655
http://i1199.photobucket.com/albums/...pse53694d6.jpg

http://i1199.photobucket.com/albums/...ps0d359373.jpg

http://i1199.photobucket.com/albums/...psfe529d1a.jpg

http://i1199.photobucket.com/albums/...ps7a86dcb0.jpg

http://i1199.photobucket.com/albums/...ps96277d99.jpg

Last edited by smarbrit; 07-07-2013 at 01:47 PM.
smarbrit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2013, 01:33 PM   #50
smarbrit
 
Drives: 2012 Camaro 2SS/RS IOM
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Calgary, AB
Posts: 655
I really could have used the entire weekend. Wash and clay Friday night, polish Saturday and finish with a wax and interior clean Sunday. But it didn't work out that way and we are heading out for the day now. Thinking the soreness could have been spread out a bit...oh well next time.

I thought I did a great job with claying but did find a couple of spots once I started polishing, nothing bad. Wow, what a difference claying makes!! Talk about instant results! That stuff is the bomb!

The clear bra on the front and mirrors were so dull looking before as well. Now they shine, although not as much as the rest, but it looks so much better. Depending on when we get home tonight, I might do another coat or 2. Will pick up more Advil as well....

I'm not a great photographer, but I hope you see what I'm seeing. It's not perfect but for a first time I'm pretty happy with it. Now I hope it doesn't rain for the next few days so I can enjoy it!
smarbrit is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:08 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.