Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com
 
PFYC
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V6 LFX Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Camaro V6 LFX Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons For all LFX related parts

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 05-09-2013, 08:58 PM   #1
Saint_Shroomie
 
Saint_Shroomie's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 Chevy Camaro 2LT RS
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Frederick, MD
Posts: 131
The V6 Camaro Exhaust Library

Hey all, soooo. I've been looking into replacing the stock exhaust on my 2LT and during my decision making process I found that 1 or 2 clips simply wasn't enough for me to make up my mind. So, I started gathering video clips of each exhaust into youtube playlists. So far I only have 4 playlists, but each one has several of the best examples I could find of each. I know what you're thinking, anyone could do a youtube search and find all of them, but hearing the clips one after the other in the playlists helped me get a much better sense of each exhaust, especially since hearing them in person isn't exactly feasible for everyone. If only these clips really did each exhaust due justice...

**Axel Backs**
Borla Pro-X Street Mufflers

Borla Stainless Steel Axel Back

Dynomax VT Axel Back

Flowmaster American Thunder Axel Back

JBA Axel Back

Loudmouth 1

Loudmouth 2

MRT V1

MRT V2

**Cat-Backs**
Corsa Cat-Back

GM Dual Mode Exhaust

MBRP S7020

Solo Mach-X LLT

Stainless Works Cat-Back

Got a video you think needs adding? PM it to me and I'll throw it in there. Or hell, post your own playlists. Hope this helps.

Last edited by Saint_Shroomie; 05-16-2013 at 07:56 AM. Reason: Added Stainless Works Cat-Back
Saint_Shroomie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2013, 11:26 AM   #2
911medic

 
911medic's Avatar
 
Drives: 2012 SIM 2LT/1970 Camaro
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Near Minneapolis, MN
Posts: 1,362
This thread has a variety of video clips, both in the OP and throughout the thread: http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=261607.

There's also a similar thread stickied in the LLT subforum.
__________________
All bleeding stops eventually -- My journal thread
Roto-Fab Intake & W/W Relocate Kit -- ADM Race Scoop -- Dynomax VT Axle-Back Exhaust
Drake Bowtie Delete -- JacFab Radio Face Cover -- LED Fog Lights -- LED Dome/Trunk/Plate Lights
Wishlist: VMax Ported TB -- Dash ABL -- Footwell/Cupholder/Door Pull/Homelink Button Lighting
911medic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2013, 12:21 PM   #3
Saint_Shroomie
 
Saint_Shroomie's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 Chevy Camaro 2LT RS
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Frederick, MD
Posts: 131
Quote:
Originally Posted by 911medic View Post
This thread has a variety of video clips, both in the OP and throughout the thread: http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=261607.

There's also a similar thread stickied in the LLT subforum.

Yeah, my problem with the other threads is having to sift through so much crap just to get to what your looking for, and then you've only got 1 or 2 clips before you have to start searching again. That's why I liked the play lists.
Saint_Shroomie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2013, 01:02 AM   #4
911medic

 
911medic's Avatar
 
Drives: 2012 SIM 2LT/1970 Camaro
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Near Minneapolis, MN
Posts: 1,362
Understood. Was just pointing you in the direction of some other posted videos that you could add to your playlists.

I like your idea, BTW.
__________________
All bleeding stops eventually -- My journal thread
Roto-Fab Intake & W/W Relocate Kit -- ADM Race Scoop -- Dynomax VT Axle-Back Exhaust
Drake Bowtie Delete -- JacFab Radio Face Cover -- LED Fog Lights -- LED Dome/Trunk/Plate Lights
Wishlist: VMax Ported TB -- Dash ABL -- Footwell/Cupholder/Door Pull/Homelink Button Lighting
911medic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2013, 05:10 AM   #5
Apex Chase

 
Apex Chase's Avatar
 
Drives: 2000 Camaro SS
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Louisville, Ky.
Posts: 22,892
We started on a similar idea a while back but haven't had much time to work on it.

Apex Motorsports V6 Exhaust Video Library
__________________
Apex Chase is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2013, 10:58 AM   #6
KaBoom1701
KaBoom1701
 
KaBoom1701's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 2LT RS Camaro
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: I.E. SoCal
Posts: 2,070
I have a MRT v1 with magnaflow X pipe and you really have to wait until 1000K miles on the new exhaust before it settles down...

Just my two cents...
__________________
Performance Upgrades: CAI Intake, VMAX Ported Throttle Body, RX Catch Can, MRT Axle-Back Exhaust Version 2.0 w/ Magnaflow X Pipe & custom J-Pipes, 1LE Strut Tower Brace, SS Brembo 1LE Brakes Upgrade w/ Hawk HPS Pads & Goodridge brake lines.
Exterior Upgrades: Ceramic Tint 30%, Axis Allies rims 20x9(front) 20x10(rear), Goodyear Eagle F1 SuperCar G:2 Tries 285 (front) x 305 (rear), ACS T-5 Front Splitter, Oracle Lighted Rear Bowtie, rk sport spoiler.
Audio Upgrades: Image Dynamics 10" Subwoofer w/custom leather box, Image Dynamics 5 Channel Amp, Audio Control LC 6, Morel 6.5" Coax Speakers
KaBoom1701 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2013, 12:07 PM   #7
Saint_Shroomie
 
Saint_Shroomie's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 Chevy Camaro 2LT RS
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Frederick, MD
Posts: 131
Quote:
Originally Posted by KaBoom1701 View Post
I have a MRT v1 with magnaflow X pipe and you really have to wait until 1000K miles on the new exhaust before it settles down...

Just my two cents...
Got any vids?
Saint_Shroomie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2013, 01:21 PM   #8
skibik
Guest
 
Drives: bbbbbb
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: bfe
Posts: 717
I have the MRT V2.0. These two clips are from Morano's website. I made my own clip but it is not that good or I would post it here.












skibik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2013, 01:27 PM   #9
Saint_Shroomie
 
Saint_Shroomie's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 Chevy Camaro 2LT RS
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Frederick, MD
Posts: 131
got em both added to the MRT V2 playlist. Thanks!
Saint_Shroomie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2013, 02:25 PM   #10
mrchen
 
mrchen's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 Camaro LS V6, 2013 Camaro 2LS
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Atlanta
Posts: 83
I copied a system that is listed in the stickied LLT exhaust thread. The last thread under Flowmaster is about a guy who put a single dual inlet dual outlet Flowmaster super 40 under the center of the car.
I did mine today, cut out at H pipe, just after cats and pipes run straight. Mounted Flowmaster super 40 in resonator tunnel. Resonators in trash. I added DEI tunnel shield 2 to cover some sounds and heat. We then put H pipe behind and ran out 2.5 inch pipe and welded stock tips on. Took at least 75 pounds off ass end of this heavy car.
Sounds like GTR getting flogged when you are on it. Quiet as a mouse why you are not.
Sorry guys all cat back systems suck. The mufflers do not belong 1 foot from tips. They all rasp and sound weird. This set up is under 400 bucks and kicks butt.
I got factory heat shield back on with four washers under each bolt. I have clearance and muffler is up high. Speed bumps np problem.
Cavet emptor
__________________
2011 Rally Yellow LS, LLT, Konig Air Strike wheels, Ebay spoiler, new 2013 Inferno Orange 2LS, LFX, American Racing AR897 wheels, Flowmaster Super 40 mid mount, resonator delete, K&N Typhoon
mrchen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2013, 03:07 PM   #11
Saint_Shroomie
 
Saint_Shroomie's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 Chevy Camaro 2LT RS
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Frederick, MD
Posts: 131
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrchen View Post
I copied a system that is listed in the stickied LLT exhaust thread. The last thread under Flowmaster is about a guy who put a single dual inlet dual outlet Flowmaster super 40 under the center of the car.
I did mine today, cut out at H pipe, just after cats and pipes run straight. Mounted Flowmaster super 40 in resonator tunnel. Resonators in trash. I added DEI tunnel shield 2 to cover some sounds and heat. We then put H pipe behind and ran out 2.5 inch pipe and welded stock tips on. Took at least 75 pounds off ass end of this heavy car.
Sounds like GTR getting flogged when you are on it. Quiet as a mouse why you are not.
Sorry guys all cat back systems suck. The mufflers do not belong 1 foot from tips. They all rasp and sound weird. This set up is under 400 bucks and kicks butt.
I got factory heat shield back on with four washers under each bolt. I have clearance and muffler is up high. Speed bumps np problem.
Cavet emptor
Get a video up! I'll start a custom exhaust playlist.
Saint_Shroomie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2013, 06:17 PM   #12
Abstrak
 
Abstrak's Avatar
 
Drives: 2012 AGM Camaro LS / Team LFX
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Maryland
Posts: 547
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrchen View Post
I copied a system that is listed in the stickied LLT exhaust thread. The last thread under Flowmaster is about a guy who put a single dual inlet dual outlet Flowmaster super 40 under the center of the car.
I did mine today, cut out at H pipe, just after cats and pipes run straight. Mounted Flowmaster super 40 in resonator tunnel. Resonators in trash. I added DEI tunnel shield 2 to cover some sounds and heat. We then put H pipe behind and ran out 2.5 inch pipe and welded stock tips on. Took at least 75 pounds off ass end of this heavy car.
Sounds like GTR getting flogged when you are on it. Quiet as a mouse why you are not.
Sorry guys all cat back systems suck. The mufflers do not belong 1 foot from tips. They all rasp and sound weird. This set up is under 400 bucks and kicks butt.
I got factory heat shield back on with four washers under each bolt. I have clearance and muffler is up high. Speed bumps np problem.
Cavet emptor
Wouldnt mind hearing this . Post vids when you get the chance please Im still searching after a year I dont my car to sound like ass lol. Rather it sound like nothing then rasp.
__________________
Abstrak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2013, 10:16 PM   #13
akprad
 
Drives: Camaro 2LS
Join Date: May 2013
Location: San Antonio
Posts: 16
2012 Camaro 2LS stock exhaust

I was wondering if anyone know how much would a stock exhaust cost. I am looking forward to replace the Magnaflow exhaust from my Camaro as it is resonant when I am driving at 70-75 miles an hour (above 1750rpm) and it is kinda irritating when I am driving long distance. It sounds really good when I am accelerating but not good when I am driving constantly around 70mph. If anyone has information on a better and quiter exhaust, please let me know.

Thanks!
akprad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2013, 07:57 AM   #14
rsv07
 
rsv07's Avatar
 
Drives: 2012 Camaro 2LT
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Orlando Florida
Posts: 68
Quote:
Originally Posted by akprad View Post
I was wondering if anyone know how much would a stock exhaust cost. I am looking forward to replace the Magnaflow exhaust from my Camaro as it is resonant when I am driving at 70-75 miles an hour (above 1750rpm) and it is kinda irritating when I am driving long distance. It sounds really good when I am accelerating but not good when I am driving constantly around 70mph. If anyone has information on a better and quiter exhaust, please let me know.

Thanks!
You could have some J-Pipes welded on. Doesn't cost much from what I understand and it will eliminate the drone while still allowing you to keep that great aftermarket sound.
rsv07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2013, 06:44 PM   #15
akprad
 
Drives: Camaro 2LS
Join Date: May 2013
Location: San Antonio
Posts: 16
Thanks for the response.
akprad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2013, 10:14 PM   #16
KaBoom1701
KaBoom1701
 
KaBoom1701's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 2LT RS Camaro
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: I.E. SoCal
Posts: 2,070
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saint_Shroomie View Post
Got any vids?
Only got an Iphone...

Not sure that will work but I'll try...
__________________
Performance Upgrades: CAI Intake, VMAX Ported Throttle Body, RX Catch Can, MRT Axle-Back Exhaust Version 2.0 w/ Magnaflow X Pipe & custom J-Pipes, 1LE Strut Tower Brace, SS Brembo 1LE Brakes Upgrade w/ Hawk HPS Pads & Goodridge brake lines.
Exterior Upgrades: Ceramic Tint 30%, Axis Allies rims 20x9(front) 20x10(rear), Goodyear Eagle F1 SuperCar G:2 Tries 285 (front) x 305 (rear), ACS T-5 Front Splitter, Oracle Lighted Rear Bowtie, rk sport spoiler.
Audio Upgrades: Image Dynamics 10" Subwoofer w/custom leather box, Image Dynamics 5 Channel Amp, Audio Control LC 6, Morel 6.5" Coax Speakers
KaBoom1701 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2013, 10:27 PM   #17
KMPrenger


 
KMPrenger's Avatar
 
Drives: '10 ABM LT/RS, 06 Chevy Colorado
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Jefferson City, Missouri
Posts: 9,049
I realize the LFX is slightly different than the LLT in the 2010s and 2011s, but I notice several of these videos are just the exhausts installed on a 2010, or 2011 model.

In which case, just visit my exhaust sticky thread here:
http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=33104

It has tons and tons of exhaust videos....pretty much every unique setup I have ever seen is there, no duplicate stuff. It has almost 90 thousand page views, so I feel it is worth a look if you haven't seen it.

Otherwise, if you want videos of exhaust on the LFX...then yes I think this is a good idea.
__________________
Custom Magnaflow Exhaust, Vararam intake, MACE Ported Manifold, RX Ported TB, "Black Ice" manifold insulator, Elite Catch Can, ZL1 repro wheels, ZL1 Springs, DRL Harness, Front GM GFX, Heritage grill, Street Scene lower grill, NLP Spoiler, ZL1 rockers and much more!
KMPrenger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2013, 07:27 AM   #18
Saint_Shroomie
 
Saint_Shroomie's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 Chevy Camaro 2LT RS
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Frederick, MD
Posts: 131
Quote:
Originally Posted by KMPrenger View Post
I realize the LFX is slightly different than the LLT in the 2010s and 2011s, but I notice several of these videos are just the exhausts installed on a 2010, or 2011 model.

In which case, just visit my exhaust sticky thread here:
http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=33104

It has tons and tons of exhaust videos....pretty much every unique setup I have ever seen is there, no duplicate stuff. It has almost 90 thousand page views, so I feel it is worth a look if you haven't seen it.

Otherwise, if you want videos of exhaust on the LFX...then yes I think this is a good idea.
Your thread is awesome, I have visited it many times, and am still in the process of adding those videos to the playlists. Thanks much the due diligence.

Honestly, I would love to get only videos of the exhausts on the LFX, as this is the LFX section, but the problem is that limiting the videos like that, really makes the playlists thin. I get that the LFX and the LLT are going to make the exhausts sound slightly different, but my purpose was to provide enough of a playlist to get a much better sense of what the exhaust sounds like on a V6 Camaro in general. That makes these playlists useful to both LLT and LFX owners.
Saint_Shroomie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2013, 07:36 AM   #19
Saint_Shroomie
 
Saint_Shroomie's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 Chevy Camaro 2LT RS
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Frederick, MD
Posts: 131
Another thing, I'm trying to keep to a set of rules here too, notice I said "trying". I'm trying to balance video quality here, in keeping with stock Camaro's. If I can't determine from the video, or the comments if the car is stock, or in the very least close to stock I may not include the video in the playlists.
Saint_Shroomie is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:17 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.