Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

ADM PERFORMANCE
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Marketplace > Vendor and Seller review / feedback / experiences

Vendor and Seller review / feedback / experiences Share review & feedback on vendors and sellers

Old 04-25-2013, 06:28 PM   #1
JustRaf
YOU.ONLY.LIVE.ONCE

Drives: Camaro 2LT/RS 2013
RPI Designs?

Hello guys, I am very impatient now. I placed my order last Friday and Josh is very helpful processing my payments since I had trouble placing my orders online and I was told that it was shipped that day. I emailed again and again about the tracking information and finally responded after 3 attempts. Yesterday, I was told that I am getting it that day or today the latest but they couldn't give the tracking?Is that really hard to give it to me?So today I emailed again since it was promised that the latest will be today and Josh said he called the MGP to update my tracking and send it to me but NADA never heard anything about it today. I called MGP and they said its on back ordered?I'm so confused now Shipped VS Back ordered. I even left early at work today and refused to have over time and was hoping it will be shipped today at my patio.
Old 04-25-2013, 06:31 PM   #2
Camper
Banned

Drives: 10' 2SS LS3 M6
it happens, stop expecting the world when you spend $200 and you'll be ok.
Camper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 06:34 PM   #3
Zapote21
Tampa Bay Camaros

Drives: 2013 HWSE SS Conv
Quote:
Originally Posted by Camper View Post
RPI never failed me. But you have to be patient with their shipping

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk HD
Old 04-25-2013, 07:33 PM   #4
tcalh1

Drives: 2013 2SS/RS
Check their rep in the vendor feedback forum. That should tell you something about them.
tcalh1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 07:51 PM   #5
JimE

Drives: 2013 2SS/RS/1LE
Unless I'm mistaken, they use USPS. nuff said.
Old 04-25-2013, 10:46 PM   #6
angie7
Smoked by a GIRL

Drives: '11 1SS/RS, '13 Cruze
They are usually very quick depending on what it is. Painted parts expect to wait a little bit. Took 3 weeks to get my door inserts in but only a week for my side skirts so who knows. Hopefully you get it figured out soon.
Old 04-25-2013, 10:59 PM   #7
cvp33
America FVCK Yeah!

Drives: 2012 CTS-V coupe
No issues here. Got my front and rear color matched bow ties in no time.
cvp33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 12:51 AM   #8
muscle96ss

Drives: 02 SS 35th LE Vert, 2013 ZL-1 Vert
It amazes me how people order something without checking the vendor feedback section and then complain when things don't go as expected. Do your homework first guys. I can't think of another vendor other than AAC that has a worse rep in that section than RPI. There are usually 2 or 3 threads on the first page about bad experiences with RPI and with plenty of others posting similar stories in the same thread.
muscle96ss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 01:00 AM   #9
Denis

Drives: 2010 SS
i used them for my hydro dipped lip. took a little longer than expected but i didnt realize they were creating them to order. otherwise i was very pleased with my purchase.
Old 04-26-2013, 02:02 AM   #10
JustRaf
YOU.ONLY.LIVE.ONCE

Quote:
Originally Posted by muscle96ss View Post
It amazes me how people order something without checking the vendor feedback section and then complain when things don't go as expected. Do your homework first guys. I can't think of another vendor other than AAC that has a worse rep in that section than RPI. There are usually 2 or 3 threads on the first page about bad experiences with RPI and with plenty of others posting similar stories in the same thread.
Impulsive buyer here Bro, I think I just learned my lesson. Honesty is the best policy, you should always tell the truth so people don't expect and get excited for nothing.

I guess I just have to wait.
Old 04-26-2013, 03:05 AM   #11
KICKER

Drives: 2010 CAMARO 2SS/RS WHITE
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimE View Post
Unless I'm mistaken, they use USPS. nuff said.
On their website it shows a stack of boxes waiting to be picked up by Fed-Ex.
So I guess we can't blame the Post Office for everything.
(Got my JDP harness for my DRL's in 2 days, Priority Mail)
Old 04-26-2013, 03:47 AM   #12
whamslam3
Camaro King [^*^*^]

Drives: Amory 11 Camaro IOM
i just got my front lip from them and it came in on time and he answered my emails quickly and i even got tracking
Old 04-26-2013, 08:32 AM   #13
ZED SLED

Drives: 2013 CRT ZL1 Vert M6, 2011 Equinox
I've been waiting for 2 days for a return call or return PM about CF front/rear bowtie and sport bar questions I have. Could be super busy or in Hawaii or something I guess. I think I'll just plasti-dip the front and remove the rear and use the $100 for something else.

(Click above image to learn about UpstateC5)
ZED SLED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 09:04 AM   #14
Ir0nM4n

Drives: 14 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Camper View Post
I am glad you took the time to make a rude reply.

I dont see asking for a tracking number is expecting the world.

If vendor say's, "it will ship today". Then it is normal to expect a tracking number.

It is not normal to have something go from shipping today to back order.
Old 04-26-2013, 09:06 AM   #15
Camper
Banned

Drives: 10' 2SS LS3 M6
no problem
Camper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 09:44 PM   #16
nevrenz

Drives: 2011 RED Camaro
Josh answered emails quickly and shipped my zl1 inspired splitter fast.
Attached Images

nevrenz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 09:35 PM   #17
JustRaf
YOU.ONLY.LIVE.ONCE

No update yet as today about my tracking number. If no response yet and If I dont have my orders until next Monday a week from now I will definitely dispute the purchase on my credit card.
Old 05-17-2013, 09:56 AM   #18
RPI Designs

Drives: 2011 2SS - SG - M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustRaf View Post
No update yet as today about my tracking number. If no response yet and If I dont have my orders until next Monday a week from now I will definitely dispute the purchase on my credit card.
Please email or call me about this order, so I can get you the information you need. Josh@rpidesigns.com or 888.257.8515. If I'm away from my desk, email is best, I'll get back to you right away.

Thanks
Josh
RPI Designs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2013, 09:56 AM   #19
RPI Designs

Hello!

I am excited to announce that starting June 10th there are going to be some great changes happening at RPI Designs. As many of you know, we manufacture most of the parts we sell, this makes it very difficult for me (Josh) to be running day to day operations and also be in my office by the phone all the time. Because of this, I miss a lot of phone calls, which I hate! With 12 employees around the shop, I need to spend most of my day making sure everything is running smoothly.

So to fix this situation we have hired a full time Technical / Sales /Customer service rep. his name is Don and he will be starting June 10th. Don has over 25 years automotive experience and 15 of those years have been in the automotive aftermarket business specializing in the Corvette and Camaro field, he knows these cars as well as anybody in the business. Most of important is that he truly is a car enthusiast and he loves to talk about cars. Some of you may have already talked to him before and we are so excited to bring him on the RPI team.

Also starting June 10, we have updated our phone system to a fully functional one that will assist you in getting in contact with us. This new system will help make sure even if we are on the phone it will give you an option of holding or leaving a message and I promise you we will return your call. All these changes mean you will now get current updates on your custom parts, help with that install or just to place an order and speak to a live person.

We knew our only short fall was our lack of telephone support and wanted to take this step to provide the best customer service in the business. We welcome your questions or comments.

Thank you for the continued business over the years!
Josh, Owner
RPI Designs, LLC.
Old 05-18-2013, 01:01 AM   #20
muscle96ss

Drives: 02 SS 35th LE Vert, 2013 ZL-1 Vert
Quote:
Originally Posted by RPI Designs View Post
Please email or call me about this order, so I can get you the information you need. Josh@rpidesigns.com or 888.257.8515. If I'm away from my desk, email is best, I'll get back to you right away.

Thanks
Josh
Ummm, ahhhh, according to his post 18 days ago you didn't get back to him right away. Perhaps you should check this forum more often as there seem to be quite a number of similar complaints about your business on a weekly basis.
muscle96ss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2013, 09:50 PM   #21
RPI Designs

Quote:
Originally Posted by muscle96ss View Post
Ummm, ahhhh, according to his post 18 days ago you didn't get back to him right away. Perhaps you should check this forum more often as there seem to be quite a number of similar complaints about your business on a weekly basis.
That is why we are hiring a full time rep, to read the forums, answer PMs, and phone calls as mentioned above. I realize I cannt do it, working 7 days a week. So we are moving very much in the right direction to provide the best customer service possible,

Thank you,
Josh
Old 05-23-2013, 01:06 AM   #22
mc_acoustic

Drives: 2010 1LT Limited Edition Camaro A6
Yeah I ordered an item april 28th. I waited 2 weeks cause the shipping info said "Processing" so I emailed them and they said on the 13th that they did not have the item yet and they were getting it on the 14th of may and theywere shipping it on the 14th aswell. So why say its in stock then?

There website still says "Order Status Processing" and no arrival of the package yet. Being the 23rd....

I understand they are busy... but I am curious to if they have even shipped it at all yet...

I am a patient person, but its pretty bad when I ordered a phone from china with free shipping estamated 20-40 business days. and I received it today.... and I ordered it april 29th..... a day after I ordered from RPI.
mc_acoustic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2013, 10:45 PM   #23
Evil-Bee-NH
WEEEEE!!!!!!!!

Drives: Black 2011 Camaro 2LS
I bet his thinking is that the new guy up front will solve the issue. hows a receptionist gonna fix their piss poor shipping speeds exactly? Maybe give him a taser so he can motivate you to move faster?
Roto-Fab CAI | Magnaflow Resonated X-Pipe | Cherry Bomb Glasspacks | 8" Kicker HideawaySub/Amp | Elite Oil Catch Can | Setina Push Bumper | Vmax Ported TB - Vitesse Throttle Controller - VMax Ice-olator
Evil-Bee-NH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2013, 07:39 PM   #24
RPIDon

Drives: 1964 GTO RoadRace Car
Send a message via AIM to RPIDon
Just wanted to post a quick hello and remind you that I will be starting on June 10th at 9:00am . My main goal is to give you the customer the best customer service that can be offered, whether if it is answering technical questions on the phone or answering your emails or checking on a tracking number. I have been in the Aftermarket automotive business for 15 years as a Technical sales rep for SLP performance parts, so I am very familiar with the Camaro brand, but I am also familiar with you the customer as I have attended many of shows and have talked to a lot of you already on the phone or face to face. Anyone that knows me, knows I am a car guy/gearhead and a GM diehard. So if you have any questions, would like to place an order, or even if you have a suggestion, please give me a call I am here to help. My contact information is right below on my signature. Thanks, Don

Don Stellhorn Tech/Sales/Customer Service
888-257-8515 ext 2 M-F 9:00 to 5:00 Est. time
donrpidesigns@gmail.com / www.rpidesigns.com
Coupon Code : RPIDON for 10% Discount
RPIDon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2013, 07:46 AM   #25
goldenmolly

Drives: 2013 Camaro Convertible RS
I placed an order with RPI on May 4th for several items. I ordered "the only camaro cover that they carry" because of it's supposed quality. The description stated that it was waterproof, which is what I needed while I am completing my garage. It arrived a week later and I put it on my car prior to a rain day. I went out the next morning and the car was soaked.

I also ordered Quarter Trim Inserts and received "Run and Rev Light Trim". A month later, I still do not have the correct part that I ordered.

I have called the business 4-5 times and have never experienced anyone answering the telephone. Josh has responded by email but never has provided a tracking number.

Yesterday I was informed that he would not be shipping the part and would credit my card.

My suggestion is to do business with someone else!
goldenmolly is offline   Reply With Quote