Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com
 
PFYC
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetics and Lighting Modification Discussions

Cosmetics and Lighting Modification Discussions External and Internal cosmetics modifications.

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 05-16-2013, 11:31 PM   #1
driarene
 
driarene's Avatar
 
Drives: 2LS Summit White
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Lake Forest, Ca
Posts: 53
Help! headlights flickering on and off

please watch:


so this started happening a week ago. the connections are all there but maybe something may be loose? i cant tell where the problem is. I saw the guy that helped me out with hooking it up enough to fix it if i find out whats wrong but i have no idea what it may be :/

i got an hid kit from the retrofit source if that helps any, thanx in advanced
driarene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2013, 12:08 AM   #2
SSMickey
SECC
 
SSMickey's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 IBM 2SS
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Columbia S.C.
Posts: 1,428
You have a faulty connection somewhere. You going to have to check everything. Look very close at your grounds and any crimp connections. Your grounds need to be clean and tight. Take them off and grind down to BARE metal. Then tighten them and apply a sealer over them to prevent contamination.
__________________
Vengeance Stage II Cam, Halltech CAI, RX Catch Can, Full ARH Exhaust, QTP Cutouts, Powerbond 25% Underdrive, MGW Shifter, MTI Drop Springs, Forgeline RB3C Wheels, 3.91 gears, Night Owl LED Control System
SSMickey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2013, 06:15 AM   #3
SSMickey
SECC
 
SSMickey's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 IBM 2SS
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Columbia S.C.
Posts: 1,428
Quote:
Originally Posted by Caddyroger View Post
It should be under warranty so take it in and have them to check it out.
Not since she added the HID kit.
__________________
Vengeance Stage II Cam, Halltech CAI, RX Catch Can, Full ARH Exhaust, QTP Cutouts, Powerbond 25% Underdrive, MGW Shifter, MTI Drop Springs, Forgeline RB3C Wheels, 3.91 gears, Night Owl LED Control System
SSMickey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2013, 12:58 PM   #4
Caddyroger

 
Caddyroger's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 RJT Camaro LT2 RS auto shift
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Washington state
Posts: 1,656
Quote:
Originally Posted by SSMickey View Post
Not since she added the HID kit.
Opps failed to read here she had the HID kit installed.
__________________
Caddy
Caddyroger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2013, 01:28 PM   #5
MGD
 
MGD's Avatar
 
Drives: My Camaro
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: NoHo
Posts: 307
Did you test the lights with the engine running and the headlights turned on?
On a 2LS, the headlights are the DRL's and therefore come on with lower voltage. Your balasts may not like that and they start flickering.
__________________
MGD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2013, 03:55 PM   #6
SSMickey
SECC
 
SSMickey's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 IBM 2SS
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Columbia S.C.
Posts: 1,428
Quote:
Originally Posted by MGD View Post
Did you test the lights with the engine running and the headlights turned on?
On a 2LS, the headlights are the DRL's and therefore come on with lower voltage. Your balasts may not like that and they start flickering.
Her headlights flicker when she hits a bump or even slams the car door. Very good indication of a faulty connection.
__________________
Vengeance Stage II Cam, Halltech CAI, RX Catch Can, Full ARH Exhaust, QTP Cutouts, Powerbond 25% Underdrive, MGW Shifter, MTI Drop Springs, Forgeline RB3C Wheels, 3.91 gears, Night Owl LED Control System
SSMickey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2013, 08:49 PM   #7
driarene
 
driarene's Avatar
 
Drives: 2LS Summit White
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Lake Forest, Ca
Posts: 53
I think it might be something with the grounds cuz when we were installing it we had a hard time finding good grounds so ill try doing that this weekend and hopefully it'll work
driarene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2013, 09:03 PM   #8
jmontalvo

 
jmontalvo's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 Rally Yellow 2LS
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Pharr, TX
Posts: 1,034
THIS HAPPENS TO ME ALL THE TIME AND I KNOW EXACTLY WHAT IS WRONG!!!

Ok so my friend and I were fixing my halos and adding a heritage grille yesterday and my passenger side headlight didn't want to turn on. Usually, I would go over a bump and there would be times when nothing would happen, it would flicker, or the headlight went out completely. I always thought it was the connection to the HID but he started moving things around and apparently it's the HID ballast. He moved it and it would flicker and he kept moving it until it turned on.
__________________
|Trifecta Tune|Custom Magnaflow Exhaust|Cold Air Inductions C.A.I.|BBK LTs w/ HFC|Anvil Rear Notch Glossy CF Spoiler|Body Color Heritage Grille|10 spoke polished ZL1 replica wheels|VMAX ported TB|RS Headlights|Night Owl RGB Halos
jmontalvo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2013, 09:10 PM   #9
SSMickey
SECC
 
SSMickey's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 IBM 2SS
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Columbia S.C.
Posts: 1,428
Quote:
Originally Posted by driarene View Post
I think it might be something with the grounds cuz when we were installing it we had a hard time finding good grounds so ill try doing that this weekend and hopefully it'll work
Post back and let us know what you find. Take your time and a break every now and then and you'll be fine.
__________________
Vengeance Stage II Cam, Halltech CAI, RX Catch Can, Full ARH Exhaust, QTP Cutouts, Powerbond 25% Underdrive, MGW Shifter, MTI Drop Springs, Forgeline RB3C Wheels, 3.91 gears, Night Owl LED Control System
SSMickey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2013, 03:43 AM   #10
driarene
 
driarene's Avatar
 
Drives: 2LS Summit White
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Lake Forest, Ca
Posts: 53
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmontalvo View Post
THIS HAPPENS TO ME ALL THE TIME AND I KNOW EXACTLY WHAT IS WRONG!!!

Ok so my friend and I were fixing my halos and adding a heritage grille yesterday and my passenger side headlight didn't want to turn on. Usually, I would go over a bump and there would be times when nothing would happen, it would flicker, or the headlight went out completely. I always thought it was the connection to the HID but he started moving things around and apparently it's the HID ballast. He moved it and it would flicker and he kept moving it until it turned on.
ill try that as well, ill try looking at all of my connections

Quote:
Originally Posted by SSMickey View Post
Post back and let us know what you find. Take your time and a break every now and then and you'll be fine.
i will, thank you. hopefully ill have an answer as to why its doing this :/
driarene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2013, 09:58 PM   #11
driarene
 
driarene's Avatar
 
Drives: 2LS Summit White
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Lake Forest, Ca
Posts: 53


Thanks for ur help guys!
driarene is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Reply

Tags
eagle eyes, headlight help, headlights, hid kit

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:34 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.