Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

PFYC
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Marketplace > Sponsors Classifieds Marketplace > Wheels / Tires

Wheels / Tires Wheels, tires, and related products.

View our official forum sponsors list.

Old 05-04-2013, 08:26 AM   #401
01pewterz28
Camaro Junkie

Drives: 2010 2LT/RS,Born 9/14/09 @ 11:50:57
Quote:
Originally Posted by TAG UR IT View Post
I'm going to chime in if I may....and let it be known that I can NOT absolutely positively verify with 100% accuracy some of this info.

First, I was going to order from Ivan. He's a damn good guy and I was more than ready to jump on board with all of y'all (hence, how I came to find this thread and why I've been following it for some time). After all, I WANT these wheels with a PASSION. But, a long time friend of mine runs a very well known shop here in SA and as a friend does, wants to help him out (and get help in return. ).

I've been waiting on word just like all of y'all....and obviously I'm subscribed to this thread because I'm just as excited as everyone here.

I have been told that these wheels, like the FR's, are all made in China (can not verify this). My sources could be wrong as I've also heard otherwise here. But, I hear that these wheels are made in China.....and right now, all the wheel factories in China are closed down by China's EPA. I hear it could be another three weeks until they are released. I just read something about them getting caught up in customs (which seems to make me believe that again, they are made in China and not the USA). Now, don't get me wrong....I could care less where they are made (would rather have USA made wheels, but I'm not complaining). But all I want are my wheels.

So, I've been waiting. And tonight I was told by my friend we are looking at another three weeks. This is what I was told...and again, I can not verify any FACTUAL information. So, if 15 sets are shipping out, I can't wait to see people getting them and putting them on asap.

I honestly dont' know what to believe except that I WANT THESE WHEELS!

I pray everyone here has their wishes granted like...NEXT WEEK. I can't wait to see them on my car too!
Not sure I would believe that the FR wheels have already shipped to them and LG has 15 sets going out next Friday via air to Texas.
Old 05-04-2013, 01:29 PM   #402
BAWLZ SS

Drives: '10 Camaro LS3 2SS/RS, 1968 Nova
Quote:
I'm going to chime in if I may....and let it be known that I can NOT absolutely positively verify with 100% accuracy some of this info.

First, I was going to order from Ivan. He's a damn good guy and I was more than ready to jump on board with all of y'all (hence, how I came to find this thread and why I've been following it for some time). After all, I WANT these wheels with a PASSION. But, a long time friend of mine runs a very well known shop here in SA and as a friend does, wants to help him out (and get help in return. ).

I've been waiting on word just like all of y'all....and obviously I'm subscribed to this thread because I'm just as excited as everyone here.

I have been told that these wheels, like the FR's, are all made in China (can not verify this). My sources could be wrong as I've also heard otherwise here. But, I hear that these wheels are made in China.....and right now, all the wheel factories in China are closed down by China's EPA. I hear it could be another three weeks until they are released. I just read something about them getting caught up in customs (which seems to make me believe that again, they are made in China and not the USA). Now, don't get me wrong....I could care less where they are made (would rather have USA made wheels, but I'm not complaining). But all I want are my wheels.

So, I've been waiting. And tonight I was told by my friend we are looking at another three weeks. This is what I was told...and again, I can not verify any FACTUAL information. So, if 15 sets are shipping out, I can't wait to see people getting them and putting them on asap.

I pray everyone here has their wishes granted like...NEXT WEEK. I can't wait to see them on my car too!
I hope that is not the case. I hope we all get our wheels sooner than later!
Performance- Kooks Headers w/HF cats, ZL1 Corsa exhaust, VMax, CAI Inc. CAI, MGW shifter, RX CC Suspension - KW V3 Coilovers/ Full PFADT & BMR suspension Appearance - ZL1 Fascia/Sides/ Diffuser, AAC Afterburners, RK Sport 3pc Spoiler, SLP Black out Kit
BAWLZ SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2013, 01:48 AM   #403
TAG UR IT
www.Camaro5store.com

Drives: THRSS #2 / CGM#1
Hey....I don't know. I heard what I heard and I'm told my wheels will be at least another three weeks. :(
The build of THRSS #2
TAG UR IT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2013, 12:36 PM   #404
Ivan @ Southwest Speed
Southwestspeed.net

Drives: '10 2SS/RS, '96 Z28
Quote:

Thanks kind sir!!

Glad to see Lou chiming in on the threads...I'm sure he's starting to really understand mine and Anthony's plight.

With that being said, let's see how this week shakes out....
Ivan @ Southwest Speed is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2013, 02:55 PM   #405
01pewterz28
Camaro Junkie

Me too I am ready to install these bad boys
Old 05-06-2013, 12:38 AM   #406
TAG UR IT
www.Camaro5store.com

Well, I'm not going anywhere. Not going to do a damn thing till these wheels come in.

And I still.........for the last three months......have the same nail in the rear left tire. I know what you are thinking. Why not just take it out? The tire is so bald, no one will touch it. "Sir, we can't patch/plug that tire. It's below the safety thingy." Yeah...screw that. So I'm just waiting. It'll happen. Don't care as long as it gets done. Just tired of the balder than bald tires with a nail in on.
The build of THRSS #2
Old 05-06-2013, 08:37 AM   #407
BAWLZ SS

Quote:
Well, I'm not going anywhere. Not going to do a damn thing till these wheels come in.

And I still.........for the last three months......have the same nail in the rear left tire. I know what you are thinking. Why not just take it out? The tire is so bald, no one will touch it. "Sir, we can't patch/plug that tire. It's below the safety thingy." Yeah...screw that. So I'm just waiting. It'll happen. Don't care as long as it gets done. Just tired of the balder than bald tires with a nail in on.
LOL its funny you said that because I'm in a similar situation. My tires are also pretty bald and are also below the safety bars. What makes it even worse is that my car has GM's 21 inch wheels and I'm signed up for a Super Chevy Show that includes a autocross and a drag racing event. It's not like I can just go buy replacements. Lol. Not sure if I will be making it out there anymore. Lol well at least probably not participating in the events. I was planning to have the wheels and tires on by that time but oh well what can I do! The'll get here when they get here. Cant wait!!
Performance- Kooks Headers w/HF cats, ZL1 Corsa exhaust, VMax, CAI Inc. CAI, MGW shifter, RX CC Suspension - KW V3 Coilovers/ Full PFADT & BMR suspension Appearance - ZL1 Fascia/Sides/ Diffuser, AAC Afterburners, RK Sport 3pc Spoiler, SLP Black out Kit
Old 05-06-2013, 12:59 PM   #408
CRAMOS78
Gig'em Aggies

Drives: STROKED 92 CAMARO; 2011 SS/RS RJT
Quote:

Lmao! I have a screw in the left front tire, but I keep on just airing It up. it'll last for a few days then air out up again. don't want to spend to get it fixed only to have them replaced later
CRAMOS78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2013, 12:30 AM   #409
TAG UR IT
www.Camaro5store.com

Well that's some funny sh!t right there!

and here I was thinking I was the only one with nails in my tires.......haaa

Did I mention that I was voted baldest tires in our SACC club? (and they are still on there too.
The build of THRSS #2
Old 05-07-2013, 09:53 AM   #410
TripleB
SoCal Mayhem

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS ABM Camaro A6
Hey tag, what are you going to do with your current wheels once you get these?
Old 05-08-2013, 12:35 AM   #411
TAG UR IT
www.Camaro5store.com

I'll probably sell'em. Either that or I'm toying with the idea of widening them. They'd be the only set in MERIKA! with 11" rears.

Still in excellent condition...just a couple teeny tiny chips in the CGM paint by the lugs on them.
The build of THRSS #2
Old 05-08-2013, 12:46 AM   #412
CRAMOS78
Gig'em Aggies

Quote:
Well that's some funny sh!t right there!

and here I was thinking I was the only one with nails in my tires.......haaa

Did I mention that I was voted baldest tires in our SACC club? (and they are still on there too.
must be a south texas thang!

hoping these tires come in soon and than damn screw/ nail doesnt come out before
Old 05-09-2013, 02:48 PM   #413
Ivan @ Southwest Speed
Southwestspeed.net

Drives: '10 2SS/RS, '96 Z28
I hear rumblings from Mid Texas today.....stay tuned.
Ivan @ Southwest Speed is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2013, 03:10 PM   #414
01pewterz28
Camaro Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivan @ Southwest Speed View Post
I hope those are from the UPS truck dropping off 15 sets of ZR28 wheels for us
Old 05-09-2013, 11:41 PM   #415
TAG UR IT
www.Camaro5store.com

You and me both!

Unless he's talking about the harsh weather moving in.

The build of THRSS #2
Old 05-10-2013, 11:12 AM   #416
01pewterz28
Camaro Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivan @ Southwest Speed View Post
Rumblings died down :(
Old 05-10-2013, 11:26 AM   #417
ChevyCam13

Drives: 2013 Chevy Camaro 1SS LS3
I wouldnt get to excited unless they posted pics of the wheels inside the truck

Last edited by ChevyCam13; 05-16-2013 at 12:30 AM.
ChevyCam13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2013, 01:22 PM   #418
CRAMOS78
Gig'em Aggies

Quote:
You and me both!

Unless he's talking about the harsh weather moving in.

i agree, think he was talking about the weather
Old 05-15-2013, 03:53 PM   #419
01pewterz28
Camaro Junkie

I am out of the running folks my set of OEM GM 10-spoke rims and tires arrived. This wil help someone move up a spot I hope it will get you into the 1st 15 slot.

Best of luck guys cannot wait to see pics of the wheels installed on your cars. Keep supporting Ivan @ Southwest Speed
Old 05-16-2013, 12:07 AM   #420
TAG UR IT
www.Camaro5store.com

Just a week away!
The build of THRSS #2
Old 05-17-2013, 03:10 PM   #421
BAWLZ SS

Im officially out of the running also guys. Hope the rest of you guys get ur wheels soon!!!
Old 05-17-2013, 04:17 PM   #422
Johnthegreat

Drives: 2012 2SS/RS black camaro
What's taking these wheels so long
Johnthegreat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2013, 04:24 PM   #423
01pewterz28
Camaro Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnthegreat View Post
What's taking these wheels so long
Seems like manufacturing delays, it's my understanding from Lou's post the wheels should be in the air today and arrive next week (15 sets), the rest of the wheels should leave on the boat to head to the US the time frame he was was 22 days at Sean and it could take an additional 5-10 days from then to arrive in Texas. IMHO end of June or early July before the main batch of wheels arrive.
Old 05-17-2013, 07:59 PM   #424
TripleB
SoCal Mayhem

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS ABM Camaro A6
Quote:
Originally Posted by BAWLZ SS View Post
Im officially out of the running also guys. Hope the rest of you guys get ur wheels soon!!!
Did you get some OEM's?
Old 05-17-2013, 09:13 PM   #425
BAWLZ SS

Yup i got a set. Its on its way already Ryan!!!