Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 05-17-2013, 09:44 PM   #43
jd10013

Drives: 2012 camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adrenaline12 View Post
Thanks Dean I agree 16k seemed really low for my 2012 Ls

not really. the most the dealership is gong to get is 18k, and they want to make a couple grand off it. have to remember, when you trade in they're going to resell it, so they're not going to pay full price. they have to get it for a few grand less than they can sell it for. if they do give you full price, it will only be because they're bending you over on the one your buying. car dealers aren't in business to break even or loose money. they're going to make money on at least one end of this. and a few thousand at that.
jd10013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2013, 07:57 AM   #44
GYac

Drives: 2010 2SS
I didn't come from a v6 camaro, however I average 20-21 mixed driving about 60/40 hwy/city...
Old 05-18-2013, 09:03 AM   #45
skibik

Drives: bbbbbb
Quote:
Originally Posted by jd10013 View Post
not really. the most the dealership is gong to get is 18k, and they want to make a couple grand off it. have to remember, when you trade in they're going to resell it, so they're not going to pay full price. they have to get it for a few grand less than they can sell it for. if they do give you full price, it will only be because they're bending you over on the one your buying. car dealers aren't in business to break even or loose money. they're going to make money on at least one end of this. and a few thousand at that.

In my zip NADA shows just a tad over $20k retail which means a dealer here will ask around $21k. A dealer would also be asking around $32k for that SS also which is the reason I drove south to the twin cities to pick up my LT. That SS southern part of this state a dealer would be asking around $28k. I see the OP got to $11k difference I myself have dealt with enough salesmen and it is JMO but I would offer $10k to boot and see if they would take it. I bet he could get them down at least another $500 and meet in the middle.

They are actually going to make money on both ends since that SS was traded in or bought from an auction and I can just about bet they got it for around $26k if they are asking $29k for it.

Also, the dealer I dealt with gave me the sob story that my trade in they were only going to ask $6900 for it and offered me under $4k, I got my clean trade in value close to $6k. The Monday after I got home their website had my car listed at $8900 and it was gone by that Wednesday. I am guessing they got close to $8k for it.

Dean.
skibik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2013, 09:05 AM   #46
cadyshac
It's in the hole!

Drives: 2011 2SS L99 SGM 2013 2SSRS LS3 BRM
If you really love the green, then go for it. You will find some haters but they are way outnmubered by the people who will love the green color, comment never cease.
cadyshac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2013, 09:49 AM   #47
two_wheel_mayhem
Would rather be riding

Drives: 2012 SS LS3
That trade deal stinks unless you just absolutely have to have the green. The dealer has you by the balls on that one, they want premium money for the used 2011.

You could get a much better deal if you would compromise and pick a second favorite color that is more common.