Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com
 
Hurst Shifters
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions General 5th generation Camaro topics not covered by other subforums.

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 05-12-2013, 08:10 PM   #1
LittleB
 
Drives: Yellow, 2LT, 2012
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Indianapolis
Posts: 7
knocking noise

Hello everybody, this is my first post here. Glad I found this great forum. I got my car used 1 month and half ago. It's a 2012 auto transmission 2LT. 3 days ago, my car started to make this noise that sounds like a car riding over bumps. I can feel that it comes from the driver side. And also, the engine makes a louder noise than usual as well. I checked my tires and they seem to be fine so i wonder if there is something wrong with the engine. Has anybody had that happened before or maybe give a guess on what's going on here? Thank you very much for all your help in advance.
LittleB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2013, 08:36 PM   #2
GVA 45TH 2SS
KNGTFALL
 
GVA 45TH 2SS's Avatar
 
Drives: 2012 2SS 45th edition
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: (Near) Charlotte, NC
Posts: 682
Have you checked the basics?
Engine oil
Transmision fluid
GVA 45TH 2SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2013, 08:43 PM   #3
Bumble.Bee
Account Suspended
 
Drives: Prius
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Cape Girardeau, Missouri
Posts: 413
How many miles on the car?
Bumble.Bee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2013, 09:49 PM   #4
LittleB
 
Drives: Yellow, 2LT, 2012
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Indianapolis
Posts: 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by GVA 45TH 2SS View Post
Have you checked the basics?
Engine oil
Transmision fluid
I have not. Will do that tomorrow! Thanks.
LittleB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2013, 09:49 PM   #5
LittleB
 
Drives: Yellow, 2LT, 2012
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Indianapolis
Posts: 7
8500 miles
LittleB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2013, 10:00 PM   #6
two_wheel_mayhem
Would rather be riding
 
two_wheel_mayhem's Avatar
 
Drives: 2012 SS LS3
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Indiana
Posts: 1,847
Does it make the sound when the car is moving or all the time?
__________________
Nice vehicles with mods.
two_wheel_mayhem is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2013, 10:19 PM   #7
gruszkad
 
Drives: 2012 2LT RS
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: United States
Posts: 7
If its coming more from the drivers side then the engine then it can also be that your front drivers side tire has flat spots and it makes a thumping or knocking sound when driving.
gruszkad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2013, 10:30 PM   #8
Magilla gorilla

 
Magilla gorilla's Avatar
 
Drives: 2012 45th Edition 2LT RS,2005 Tahoe
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Henderson Nevada
Posts: 1,202
Have the transmission checked...there was an issue with the torque converters on the 2012 transmission...
Magilla gorilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2013, 07:24 AM   #9
Chevrolet Customer Svc


 
Chevrolet Customer Svc's Avatar
 
Drives: GM Vehicles
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Michigan
Posts: 8,659
Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleB View Post
Hello everybody, this is my first post here. Glad I found this great forum. I got my car used 1 month and half ago. It's a 2012 auto transmission 2LT. 3 days ago, my car started to make this noise that sounds like a car riding over bumps. I can feel that it comes from the driver side. And also, the engine makes a louder noise than usual as well. I checked my tires and they seem to be fine so i wonder if there is something wrong with the engine. Has anybody had that happened before or maybe give a guess on what's going on here? Thank you very much for all your help in advance.
Greetings LittleB,

Welcome to Camaro5 and to the world of Camaros! I'm sorry to hear about the noise you are experiencing. I'm sure that's a frustrating experience for you. I can schedule an official diagnosis for you at your local GM dealership. GM certified technicians may be able to pinpoint the cause for the sound. If this is an option, feel free to private message me. I look forward to assisting you.

William R.
Chevrolet Customer Care
Chevrolet Customer Svc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2013, 05:11 PM   #10
LittleB
 
Drives: Yellow, 2LT, 2012
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Indianapolis
Posts: 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by two_wheel_mayhem View Post
Does it make the sound when the car is moving or all the time?
Only when the car is moving and the engine sounds differently when it's on, regardless it's moving or not.
LittleB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2013, 05:13 PM   #11
LittleB
 
Drives: Yellow, 2LT, 2012
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Indianapolis
Posts: 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by gruszkad View Post
If its coming more from the drivers side then the engine then it can also be that your front drivers side tire has flat spots and it makes a thumping or knocking sound when driving.
Thank you for the post. I took it to the dealer today and by the end of the day they said it would still be another day to diagnose it what's going on with the engine. I will mention the possibility with the tire to them as well. Thanks again.
LittleB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2013, 05:13 PM   #12
LittleB
 
Drives: Yellow, 2LT, 2012
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Indianapolis
Posts: 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magilla gorilla View Post
Have the transmission checked...there was an issue with the torque converters on the 2012 transmission...
Thank you very much!
LittleB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2013, 05:15 PM   #13
LittleB
 
Drives: Yellow, 2LT, 2012
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Indianapolis
Posts: 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chevrolet Customer Svc View Post
Greetings LittleB,

Welcome to Camaro5 and to the world of Camaros! I'm sorry to hear about the noise you are experiencing. I'm sure that's a frustrating experience for you. I can schedule an official diagnosis for you at your local GM dealership. GM certified technicians may be able to pinpoint the cause for the sound. If this is an option, feel free to private message me. I look forward to assisting you.

William R.
Chevrolet Customer Care
Hi William,

Thank you for the note. I took it to the dealership today.
LittleB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2013, 05:39 PM   #14
batman53201
Account not blocked
 
batman53201's Avatar
 
Drives: The Batmobile
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: wisconsin
Posts: 2,558
could be a loose strut/shock
__________________
batman53201 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2013, 01:41 PM   #15
Chevrolet Customer Svc


 
Chevrolet Customer Svc's Avatar
 
Drives: GM Vehicles
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Michigan
Posts: 8,659
Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleB View Post
Hi William,

Thank you for the note. I took it to the dealership today.
Any results on what happened at the dealership?

William R.
Chevrolet Customer Care
Chevrolet Customer Svc is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:26 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.