Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com
 
BORLA
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Regional Forums > Canada


Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 05-18-2013, 11:47 AM   #15
Lover of Simone
Lover of Simone
 
Lover of Simone's Avatar
 
Drives: 45th Anniversary edition Camaro 2SS
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Caledon, Ontario, Canada
Posts: 25
This would be my first meet and greet/show and tell gathering with the most expensive and coolest car I have ever owned. This may seem a silly question, and somewhat anal retentive, but is there sufficient room between parked classics/muscle cars and people milling about to avoid getting door scratch or dent?? I am really new to showing off my car in public, am I being irrational?
I am pretty sure participants are as careful as possible, but I wonder if some past participants can shed some light or stories about any misfortunes? My ride is not exactly treated with kid gloves, but I tend not to park it where it might sustain damage.
Lover of Simone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2013, 03:47 PM   #16
SQUALO


 
SQUALO's Avatar
 
Drives: Chevrolets
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: York Region, ONT.
Posts: 3,948
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lover of Simone View Post
This would be my first meet and greet/show and tell gathering with the most expensive and coolest car I have ever owned. This may seem a silly question, and somewhat anal retentive, but is there sufficient room between parked classics/muscle cars and people milling about to avoid getting door scratch or dent?? I am really new to showing off my car in public, am I being irrational?
I am pretty sure participants are as careful as possible, but I wonder if some past participants can shed some light or stories about any misfortunes? My ride is not exactly treated with kid gloves, but I tend not to park it where it might sustain damage.
Barry,
No need to worry, we all watch out for each other's cars.
Yes there's room for people to walk by and admire cars without incident, but if anyone gets out of hand we speak up right away , and they dart like a scared deer in the headlights.
__________________
Frank
(Drive Safely & Responsibly)

_______________________________
2017 LT/RS Hyper Blue w/white rally stripes.
SQUALO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2013, 07:50 PM   #17
Lover of Simone
Lover of Simone
 
Lover of Simone's Avatar
 
Drives: 45th Anniversary edition Camaro 2SS
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Caledon, Ontario, Canada
Posts: 25
Thanks, man. LOL! Sometimes we have to SHOW them some MUSCLE...LOL! BTW, I love the pumpkin patch!! Sorry, I can't add Simone to it, or it would look like blight or something...lol!
Lover of Simone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2013, 08:59 PM   #18
Allanski
427 LSX Vert
 
Allanski's Avatar
 
Drives: 2SS RS Convertible 427 LSX
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Burlington Ontario Canada
Posts: 716
I was there last year and it was a nice day. Can't make it yet due to machine shop issues. Hint - need a job - get a trade like a machinist, skilled trades are in big demand. See everyone soon - in my rear view mirror lol
__________________
Yes that's an F2 Procharger

Built by http://www.spituning.com/
Allanski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2013, 09:00 PM   #19
Urieal
 
Drives: 2010 Chevy Camaro
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Brampton
Posts: 26
So I'm gonna ask

Anyone want to meet up prior to the show and cruise in together?



I'm suggesting the Tim Hortons at Mississauga Road and Derry
https://maps.google.ca/maps?ie=UTF-8...&ved=0CK4BELYD
^ The map, and the route to get to the show.


- Anyone?
I'm thinking arrive between 8 and 8:30, then depart no later than 8:45?


Lemme know...
- Joe.
Attached Images
 
Urieal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2013, 01:36 PM   #20
Red Rider
 
Drives: 427 Camaro Z28
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Brampton, ON
Posts: 288
Good idea, Joe

http://goo.gl/maps/ZbmCR

Let's meet at Tim Horton's (green arrow) 8:00 to 8:30am

Leaving about 8:45am for the Michael-Angelo's Show cruising in together

See Yas there!
Red Rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2013, 02:24 PM   #21
Pappa Joe

 
Pappa Joe's Avatar
 
Drives: Charger/TL1000R/Cobalt/ZL1
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Ontario,Canada
Posts: 1,207
Quote:
Originally Posted by Urieal View Post
So I'm gonna ask

Anyone want to meet up prior to the show and cruise in together?



I'm suggesting the Tim Hortons at Mississauga Road and Derry
https://maps.google.ca/maps?ie=UTF-8...&ved=0CK4BELYD
^ The map, and the route to get to the show.


- Anyone?
I'm thinking arrive between 8 and 8:30, then depart no later than 8:45?

Lemme know...
- Joe.

Hey Joe I think you scared my car ,when you started yours up ,next time gimmi some warning so I can calm ponyeater down first! Maybe pet him or something
Pappa Joe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2013, 02:26 PM   #22
Pappa Joe

 
Pappa Joe's Avatar
 
Drives: Charger/TL1000R/Cobalt/ZL1
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Ontario,Canada
Posts: 1,207
Quote:
Originally Posted by SQUALO View Post
Barry,
No need to worry, we all watch out for each other's cars.
Yes there's room for people to walk by and admire cars without incident, but if anyone gets out of hand we speak up right away , and they dart like a scared deer in the headlights.

Ya no need to worry about some kid opening my car door and almost hitting yours spoiled brat kid,people need to leash their kids!
Pappa Joe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2013, 02:33 PM   #23
Lover of Simone
Lover of Simone
 
Lover of Simone's Avatar
 
Drives: 45th Anniversary edition Camaro 2SS
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Caledon, Ontario, Canada
Posts: 25
Yep, scared the whole parking lot! Complete bad ass ride, Joe!

It was great to meet y'all in person. I will hope to attend Camaro Country on June 1st.
Lover of Simone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2013, 03:09 PM   #24
3rdgen3
10-bolt Destroyer
 
3rdgen3's Avatar
 
Drives: 2012 Camaro 2SS/RS - AGM, LS3/6M
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Canukistan
Posts: 758
Awesome show..met a lot of great people
__________________

2012 Camaro 2SS/RS - LS3/TR6060: BTR Stage 4, 2" Long Tubes, 3" Exhaust, UDP, NEP OTR, Monster Twin-Disk, 3.91 Gears, Poly Diff Bushings, BMR Toe Arms, Poly Subframe Inserts, ZL1 Mounts, Arun Tuned - 475rwhp 443rwtq
3rdgen3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2013, 05:33 PM   #25
SQUALO


 
SQUALO's Avatar
 
Drives: Chevrolets
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: York Region, ONT.
Posts: 3,948
It was an amazing show, fantastic weather, as always, and what a variety of cars.

It was nice to see everyone out, and survived the winter hybernation .




Here's a few pics for those who couldnt make it out today...enjoy.


Name:  IMG_0056 (640x478).jpg
Views: 240
Size:  205.4 KB

Name:  IMG_0057 (640x478).jpg
Views: 244
Size:  211.2 KB

Name:  IMG_0058 (640x478).jpg
Views: 236
Size:  197.3 KB

Name:  IMG_0059 (640x478).jpg
Views: 222
Size:  216.4 KB

Name:  IMG_0060 (640x478).jpg
Views: 225
Size:  211.7 KB

Name:  IMG_0061 (640x478).jpg
Views: 236
Size:  244.7 KB

Name:  IMG_0062 (640x478).jpg
Views: 245
Size:  222.7 KB

Name:  IMG_0063 (640x478).jpg
Views: 245
Size:  210.4 KB

Name:  IMG_0064 (640x478).jpg
Views: 240
Size:  216.3 KB
__________________
Frank
(Drive Safely & Responsibly)

_______________________________
2017 LT/RS Hyper Blue w/white rally stripes.
SQUALO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013, 08:23 AM   #26
green10
 
green10's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Synergy Green Camaro
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Canada
Posts: 43
Thanks for posting the pics, just couldn't make it out.
green10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013, 12:35 PM   #27
SQUALO


 
SQUALO's Avatar
 
Drives: Chevrolets
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: York Region, ONT.
Posts: 3,948
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pappa Joe View Post
Ya no need to worry about some kid opening my car door and almost hitting yours spoiled brat kid,people need to leash their kids!
The mother was a real piece of work, that stupid b***h, laughing about the whole thing
Thanks for piping up and telling her off, Joe.
Remember, ALWAYS KEEP YOUR DOORS LOCKED, even with the windows down.
__________________
Frank
(Drive Safely & Responsibly)

_______________________________
2017 LT/RS Hyper Blue w/white rally stripes.
SQUALO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013, 03:14 PM   #28
Pappa Joe

 
Pappa Joe's Avatar
 
Drives: Charger/TL1000R/Cobalt/ZL1
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Ontario,Canada
Posts: 1,207
Quote:
Originally Posted by SQUALO View Post
The mother was a real piece of work, that stupid b***h, laughing about the whole thing
Thanks for piping up and telling her off, Joe.
Remember, ALWAYS KEEP YOUR DOORS LOCKED, even with the windows down.

she would stop laughing real quick, once she learned she would have to buy 2 new skins
aye got it,never thought about some brat opening door,should of known better
Pappa Joe is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:27 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.