Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com
 
JUICEDMOTORSPORTS
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > Off-topic Discussions

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 05-19-2013, 08:44 PM   #52
charlietuna

 
charlietuna's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 ZL1
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Chicago, IL
Posts: 1,337
Golfing Monday its for charity off Tuesday perhaps some work eventually.
__________________
Laus Deo
charlietuna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2013, 08:45 PM   #53
CamaroDreams07


 
CamaroDreams07's Avatar
 
Drives: Slow V6
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: East Lansing, MI
Posts: 9,366
Quote:
Originally Posted by ec1990 View Post
I'm doing mine completely online so it'll probably take 3-4 years or so, working full-time doesn't exactly leave time for full course semesters.

Do you know of any MBA/MS Finance programs 100% online that are priced reasonably and respected? I've been looking into going into Financial Advising recently, granted this wont be for 6-20 years at least.
Most financial advising jobs I've seen are only looking for a bachelor's. You might want to check into that. I've turned down many of those positions because it's not what I want to do. I started getting offers after my bachelor's.

Advisors have way more to do with sales than finance.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
__________________
[B]
CamaroDreams07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2013, 08:57 PM   #54
ec1990

 
Drives: 2012 AGM SS
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Las Vegas
Posts: 1,407
Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroDreams07 View Post
Most financial advising jobs I've seen are only looking for a bachelor's. You might want to check into that. I've turned down many of those positions because it's not what I want to do. I started getting offers after my bachelor's.

Advisors have way more to do with sales than finance.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
My Bachelor's is in a completely different field than business. But military wants that Master's in something box checked, so that's why I was looking into an MBA. Although lately I've been looking into financial advising towards people specifically younger people that have these options of starting to invest early, but delay it because they just don't know. I understand not being able to afford it, but to let money sit in non-interest making checking accounts or putting off retirement and sitting on cash because that's what so and so said bothers me. Then again I figure at this age low 20-s I can afford being high risk high reward (to an extent) and I might as well do what I can now until I have to forego reward for lesser risk.
ec1990 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2013, 09:09 PM   #55
CamaroDreams07


 
CamaroDreams07's Avatar
 
Drives: Slow V6
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: East Lansing, MI
Posts: 9,366
Yeah that makes sense. I wish I had any money to invest haha. As tuition rates are outpacing inflation threefold or more, more and more young people are starting their lives in a huge hole.

For example, I had $36k in student loans for my Master's (fortunately scholarships covered undergrad). This amounts to $310/mo for ten years under the standard recommended repayment plan. That means that just to stay in a lower middle class level in the next ten years, I need to average $35k take home, so at least $50k.

Luckily, my field starts quite a bit higher, but my point is that for people who have to borrow more and land lower income jobs, this is seriously problematic for the economy.

I've said it before and I'll say it again, college is just buying a really expensive piece of paper. But as long as we have the government making student loans available at low interest rates for people who shouldn't get them, and employers insisting on at least a bachelor's degree to screw in a light bulb, this is the world we have to accept. It ****s everyone, but it makes the government and colleges a shit load of money. The current higher education system makes everyone but them worse-off.

/rant

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
__________________
[B]
CamaroDreams07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2013, 09:21 PM   #56
ec1990

 
Drives: 2012 AGM SS
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Las Vegas
Posts: 1,407
Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroDreams07 View Post
Yeah that makes sense. I wish I had any money to invest haha. As tuition rates are outpacing inflation threefold or more, more and more young people are starting their lives in a huge hole.

For example, I had $36k in student loans for my Master's (fortunately scholarships covered undergrad). This amounts to $310/mo for ten years under the standard recommended repayment plan. That means that just to stay in a lower middle class level in the next ten years, I need to average $35k take home, so at least $50k.

Luckily, my field starts quite a bit higher, but my point is that for people who have to borrow more and land lower income jobs, this is seriously problematic for the economy.

I've said it before and I'll say it again, college is just buying a really expensive piece of paper. But as long as we have the government making student loans available at low interest rates for people who shouldn't get them, and employers insisting on at least a bachelor's degree to screw in a light bulb, this is the world we have to accept. It ****s everyone, but it makes the government and colleges a shit load of money. The current higher education system makes everyone but them worse-off.

/rant

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
I agree with the societal issue and whole "you must have a bachelors to be successful". But I also have a serious issue with government backed student loans, I fully support them as I see them as an investment in it's people. But the fact in my case the interest rate was 6.5% plus they start charging interest the first check you cash, so 4 years of interest being charged is ridiculous. Luckily for today's students it's down to 3-4% which is more reasonable, but charging once it's cashed is insane. No wonder some many people default on them, they take one look and end up paying the minimum for 30 years or get income adjusted repayment plans.

Unfortunately the digging a whole is only getting worse, I have tons of friends who can't get jobs and therefore choose to go back to school, which in itself isn't a bad choice but not planning out paying back loans leads to a huge hole for them. But that's also on a person to person basis on what they think of debt-to-income ratios and how they see investments/retirement, etc...
ec1990 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2013, 09:30 PM   #57
CamaroDreams07


 
CamaroDreams07's Avatar
 
Drives: Slow V6
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: East Lansing, MI
Posts: 9,366
It's really a societal problem at the core. We enjoyed so many years of prosperity that we decided our shit doesn't stink.

We tell our kids they can do anything they want, we give trophies for participation, we use 'AP' courses to inflate GPAs, we curve grades so C students are now A students.... We celebrate mediocrity at every turn. As a result, everyone thinks they're too good for most jobs. Everyone wants to be CEO. In Asia, India, they celebrate the exceptional students and are realistic with the rest. As a result, they are staring us down in the rear view in education and are consistently the best students in our universities.

I'm all for encouraging children, but we have to stop telling everyone they can be an astronaut or whatever. It just holds back the gifted students because instructors always have to teach to the lowest student in the class. As such, you have the people who want to learn being bored to death and everyone graduates with a watered down education. I'm so disenchanted by the whole college experience. Maybe if I could have afforded a private school things would be different. But I just couldn't believe the people who were in the class and the questions they would ask. They should be raking leaves somewhere. Sorry if it's harsh, but I feel I just pissed away $30k for nothing.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
__________________
[B]
CamaroDreams07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2013, 09:36 PM   #58
CamaroDreams07


 
CamaroDreams07's Avatar
 
Drives: Slow V6
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: East Lansing, MI
Posts: 9,366
Anyway, this is getting too serious. Somebody tell a fart joke or something.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
__________________
[B]
CamaroDreams07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2013, 09:46 PM   #59
LIM3
it's mind bottling..
 
LIM3's Avatar
 
Drives: SGM
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: miami floirda.
Posts: 5,380
Okay I just saw a few posts that are to long to read lol. Someone talk about detailing or something !
__________________
LIM3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2013, 09:47 PM   #60
CamaroDreams07


 
CamaroDreams07's Avatar
 
Drives: Slow V6
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: East Lansing, MI
Posts: 9,366
Quote:
Originally Posted by LIM3 View Post
Okay I just saw a few posts that are to long to read lol. Someone talk about detailing or something !
Clay bars. Iron X. Shiny.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
__________________
[B]
CamaroDreams07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2013, 09:52 PM   #61
LIM3
it's mind bottling..
 
LIM3's Avatar
 
Drives: SGM
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: miami floirda.
Posts: 5,380
Sealants are cool and glossy lmao.
__________________
LIM3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2013, 10:03 PM   #62
ec1990

 
Drives: 2012 AGM SS
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Las Vegas
Posts: 1,407
Sonax Net Shield bro. I still need to clean out the interior, maybe tomorrow's project.

For some reason I can't justify Iron X, maybe cause I need to move and have a garage and a water hose to finally foam down a car, I'd wash my car so many more times between start to finish if I did. But is it really worth it? I don't live up north so no salt or iron deposits to my eye.
ec1990 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2013, 10:05 PM   #63
Monchy36
ZLT!!! COTW (8/5/13)
 
Monchy36's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 IOM 1LT RS M6
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Slatington, PA
Posts: 4,748
After reading the last couple posts and not understand!!! Just give me a big headache!!! I hope that's not part of detailing tips! Because I quit!!!
Monchy36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2013, 10:10 PM   #64
CamaroDreams07


 
CamaroDreams07's Avatar
 
Drives: Slow V6
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: East Lansing, MI
Posts: 9,366
Quote:
Originally Posted by ec1990 View Post
Sonax Net Shield bro. I still need to clean out the interior, maybe tomorrow's project.

For some reason I can't justify Iron X, maybe cause I need to move and have a garage and a water hose to finally foam down a car, I'd wash my car so many more times between start to finish if I did. But is it really worth it? I don't live up north so no salt or iron deposits to my eye.
You'd be surprised. I recommend every car get at least one initial treatment of iron X. It's amazing how much it'll pick up just from being on the rail yards.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
__________________
[B]
CamaroDreams07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2013, 10:14 PM   #65
ec1990

 
Drives: 2012 AGM SS
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Las Vegas
Posts: 1,407
I probably will whenever I commit to coating it. It's a never ending debate between OC2.0 and CQuartz, 22ple is kind of out the window, just too expensive and doesn't seem worth it.
ec1990 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2013, 10:14 PM   #66
LIM3
it's mind bottling..
 
LIM3's Avatar
 
Drives: SGM
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: miami floirda.
Posts: 5,380
I do the iron x once a year.
I clean my careful art and I still get iron contamination.
It's an amazing product
__________________
LIM3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2013, 10:16 PM   #67
LIM3
it's mind bottling..
 
LIM3's Avatar
 
Drives: SGM
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: miami floirda.
Posts: 5,380
I've thought of applying OC2 but I enjoy waxing and sealing my car.
I do plan to OC2 my rims when I swap them out.
I will likely apply it to my bumper when I get it installed
__________________
LIM3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2013, 10:16 PM   #68
CamaroDreams07


 
CamaroDreams07's Avatar
 
Drives: Slow V6
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: East Lansing, MI
Posts: 9,366
Quote:
Originally Posted by ec1990 View Post
I probably will whenever I commit to coating it. It's a never ending debate between OC2.0 and CQuartz, 22ple is kind of out the window, just too expensive and doesn't seem worth it.
If i were ever to do a coating, it'd be Opti Coat without a question. It's cheap, lasts the longest, and provides the best protection. No brainer.

I just enjoy working my paint too much to give it up forever on a permanent product.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
__________________
[B]
CamaroDreams07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:26 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.