Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Rick@Livernois
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Marketplace > Sponsors Classifieds Marketplace > Exterior Parts & Accessories

Exterior Parts & Accessories All exterior parts and accessories.

View our official forum sponsors list.

Old 04-27-2013, 08:44 PM   #51
SSMickey
SECC

Drives: 2010 IBM 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by jhiiidoc View Post
Is there an easier way to get to the JDP controller without pulling the entire front bumper off? To do this swap, I am dreading pulling the front bumper....
You can pull your header plate and get to the mounting screws of the control box with a right angle screwdriver. Once you do that, you should have enough slack in the harness to get to the plugs by crawling under the front bumper and reaching up. Hardest part about the whole thing is removing the header plate from around the hood latch.
Vengeance Stage II Cam, Halltech CAI, RX Catch Can, Full ARH Exhaust, QTP Cutouts, Powerbond 25% Underdrive, MGW Shifter, MTI Drop Springs, Forgeline RB3C Wheels, 3.91 gears, Night Owl LED Control System
SSMickey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2013, 10:47 AM   #52
Joe@NightOwlLEDs
"Night it Up!"

Drives: 2011 SS Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by SSMickey View Post
You can pull your header plate and get to the mounting screws of the control box with a right angle screwdriver. Once you do that, you should have enough slack in the harness to get to the plugs by crawling under the front bumper and reaching up. Hardest part about the whole thing is removing the header plate from around the hood latch.
I've never removed the "header plate from around the hood latch". I assume that this is the metal piece that you are talking about. It isn't necessary to remove it. The bumper cover has (I think 6) plastic panel holders. So on the top there are 6 clips and two screws.
Old 05-01-2013, 11:58 AM   #53
45thAnniversary2SS

Drives: 2012 45th Anniversary 2SS LS3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe@NightOwlLEDs View Post
I've never removed the "header plate from around the hood latch". I assume that this is the metal piece that you are talking about. It isn't necessary to remove it. The bumper cover has (I think 6) plastic panel holders. So on the top there are 6 clips and two screws.
Subscribed. Ordering my upgrade tomorrow. Enough with the JDP Controller/Remote issues.

Just curious, do you guys use the same LEDs as JDP does? Guess I was wondering if yours were brighter or roughly the same.
Old 05-01-2013, 12:09 PM   #54
Joe@NightOwlLEDs
"Night it Up!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by 45thAnniversary2SS View Post
Subscribed. Ordering my upgrade tomorrow. Enough with the JDP Controller/Remote issues.

Just curious, do you guys use the same LEDs as JDP does? Guess I was wondering if yours were brighter or roughly the same.
We use very similar LEDs...just about the same specs. I have the LEDs from their kit and ours are almost identical. If there is any brightness difference, it is not noticeable. I would not want to install any higher power LEDs, due to using the stock heat sink inside the headlight. We do drive the LEDs differently which could make differences in brightness, but again we can't see any difference.
Old 05-01-2013, 12:12 PM   #55
45thAnniversary2SS

Quote:
We use very similar LEDs...just about the same specs. I have the LEDs from their kit and ours are almost identical. If there is any brightness difference, it is not noticeable. I would not want to install any higher power LEDs, due to using the stock heat sink inside the headlight. We do drive the LEDs differently which could make differences in brightness, but again we can't see any difference.
Thank you sir! Now that is a prompt response. Can't wait to finally fix these.
Old 05-01-2013, 05:58 PM   #56
CamaroKid300
ace5.org

Drives: 2012 2SS/RS LS3
Quote:
Originally Posted by 45thAnniversary2SS View Post

Glad I could lead you here! Hope you enjoy the product!
NightOwl RGB Halos, Kooks 1-7/8 LT Headers, Catless Midpipes, Borla ATAK Catback, 35% Tint, Vinyl Gill Blackouts, RX Catch Can, Skip Shift Eliminator, Devil Tail Side Stripes, Front Lip Blackout, Dual Color Bowties, Ghosted Sidemarkers,
Exhaust Video (Manifolds) Exhaust Video (Headers) White Lightning
A.C.E.5.
420 RWHP/422 RWTQ
CamaroKid300 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2013, 12:37 AM   #57
CamaroFTW

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS-Rally Yellow
Send a message via MSN to CamaroFTW
It would be nice if your posted some pics here and on your website of what you are getting for your money and what the parts look like. Never seen a sale for something where everything is so "mysterious". Is the controller the same one everyone else is offering right now or something more custom made? Please post pics!
CamaroFTW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2013, 06:22 AM   #58
chef-beavis

Drives: IOM 2013 2SS/RS, family truckster
Excuse me, if I may, but there is no mystery or hidden agenda here. Did you get burned by a certain grille that required money up front, or what? If you follow the threads and look at their site you will see pics and videos of the results and some parts. You would know this is a father/son team starting a business at home. They have done all code writing and r&d. They have selected all US vendors for manufacturing and packaging. Your device to interface with is your own smartphone or electronic wifi-capable device of choice that can run the app. The modules are little plastic boxes with the Doo dads inside to make it work. They are currently waiting for everything to come in from vendors, get packaged, and run through final testing. If you need a picture of a bundle of wires and some LED bulbs for a warm fuzzy then pay full price in two weeks when they've had time to post them. No need to come shat on their thread or make accusations. I'm sure you can get pics from the beta cars without that dig.
chef-beavis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2013, 06:22 AM   #59
Joe@NightOwlLEDs
"Night it Up!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroFTW View Post
It would be nice if your posted some pics here and on your website of what you are getting for your money and what the parts look like. Never seen a sale for something where everything is so "mysterious". Is the controller the same one everyone else is offering right now or something more custom made? Please post pics!
CamaroFTW, thanks for the suggestion. We haven't been trying to be mysterious, and we can probably start showing more. Since this has been a pre-sale of a new product, we have been reluctant to post photos as the final look of the product has been changing some as we were finalizing the harnesses with our harness manufacturing partner.

If you read the NightOwl introduction thread (link in my signature) I talk about that we custom-designed and manufactured our own controllers. These are very high quality boards using the latest technology. We do not use any third-party controllers like you can find on ebay. Our boards are designed and built to the highest standards. We even have our boards plated with gold for durability and long life.

We will post some photos this weekend. We have a sample of our finished wiring harnesses and assembled HP controller in the case, but we have not received our first batch of completed production harnesses from our partner yet. Those are due to arrive at the end of next week.

We have been very transparent in our process, but things like pictures of non-production parts can lead to problems if the final product doesn't look like we had posted (even if we caveat the photos heavily). But I think that we can show more at this point.

OK?

P.S. We're working on videos now of a lot of different things to explain the products.
Old 05-03-2013, 06:29 AM   #60
Joe@NightOwlLEDs
"Night it Up!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by chef-beavis View Post
Excuse me, if I may, but there is no mystery or hidden agenda here. Did you get burned by a certain grille that required money up front, or what? If you follow the threads and look at their site you will see pics and videos of the results and some parts. You would know this is a father/son team starting a business at home. They have done all code writing and r&d. They have selected all US vendors for manufacturing and packaging. Your device to interface with is your own smartphone or electronic wifi-capable device of choice that can run the app. The modules are little plastic boxes with the Doo dads inside to make it work. They are currently waiting for everything to come in from vendors, get packaged, and run through final testing. If you need a picture of a bundle of wires and some LED bulbs for a warm fuzzy then pay full price in two weeks when they've had time to post them. No need to come shat on their thread or make accusations. I'm sure you can get pics from the beta cars without that dig.
It's all good...I didn't take offense to the questions. One correction to what you posted...our wiring harness manufacturer is a US company. We do have our circuit boards manufactured overseas. We tried really hard to make it work where everything was done in the US. But the circuit board manufacturing and assembly of the tiny components (which is done by a machine) would have cost over double to get done here in the US. I just wanted to be clear on that. We tried, but the US just isn't competitive on that yet.
Old 05-03-2013, 07:36 AM   #61
chef-beavis

Joe,

Please accept my apologies if I overstepped my bounds. At least it gave you the opportunity to explain a product point I brought up and once again show that you are being very transparent.

CamaroFTW,

I'm sorry if I got out on the wrong side of bed. I met Joe and his son at C5 Fest last year and took an interest in their products. I have spent the last 9 months waiting patiently and checking in occasionally to see how it was progressing. I have developed a respect for Joe and his products and have seen his passion and integrity for what they are doing. I know they are a fledgling company with a ton of time, and I'm sure, money invested at this point. I also know it is a critical point for any new business just before production launch. I was offended by the negative aspect I interpretted and I see way too often on these forums and responded in kind. My bad. I just know that kind of stuff can sink a new business.

Let me say this: I'm a picky SOB, by admission. I know good from bad and I know what I like. Last year when I walked through the parking lot at C5 Fest it was like a light show. There were a 1000 or so cars and a lot of them had halo mods and lighting work. Joe's car stopped me dead in my tracks. It speaks for itself. Chatting with him and watching his son control everything from a wireless iPad blew me away. The more I've seen, the more I've been impressed. Smooth halos, no baking, smooth fades, smartphone controll, the list goes on...

I don't like spending my money or time twice. I've waited 9 months for what I think is the most premuim lighting product on the market. I don't think anyone is going to be disappointed with it. I've also corresponded to ask enough questions that have given me faith that Joe has every intention of putting out the absolute best product he can at the most fair price. They really have tested and developed this product to the n-th degree, including beta testers on daily drivers.

If any of you are on the fence, hop off and get ready to hang on for a fun ride! I think these products are going to become the new standard for our cars lighting.
Old 05-03-2013, 08:26 AM   #62
CamaroFTW

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS-Rally Yellow
Send a message via MSN to CamaroFTW
chef-bevis, no worries and I too posted this very late at night and maybe should have worded it better. It is just when you are spending $500 I do want to see a close up pic of everything in the bundle included. I am sure that gives most people warm fuzzies to know what to expect. Thank you for the kind reply Nightowl on the controller. I was just trying to confirm this is not the same one that everyone else is selling out there right now ( I actually have some of these on order for my non-auto business). Obviously as consumers we want to make sure we are spending our money wisely. I run a large internet business and know great pictures and the more pictures you have, increase sales exponentially. So it was just a suggestion. I will follow along more now and see the final roll out of this and then decide if this is the one. It looks good and you seem to be pouring your heart and soul into this and so I wish you well with this venture!
CamaroFTW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2013, 08:39 AM   #63
chef-beavis

Thanks for understanding. I hear you, too. I sold a bunch of stuff on eBay over the years. I always had a lot of good pics. I believe it made all the difference when asking and expecting top dollar.
Old 05-03-2013, 10:58 AM   #64
ALLTRBO

Drives: 2012 1SS M6

Old 05-03-2013, 11:22 AM   #65
CamaroKid300
ace5.org

Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroFTW View Post
I am one of the beta cars for his system and I can assure you the kit is built with excellent quality, nothing that feels cheap or poorly made anywhere.

You will be very pleased!
NightOwl RGB Halos, Kooks 1-7/8 LT Headers, Catless Midpipes, Borla ATAK Catback, 35% Tint, Vinyl Gill Blackouts, RX Catch Can, Skip Shift Eliminator, Devil Tail Side Stripes, Front Lip Blackout, Dual Color Bowties, Ghosted Sidemarkers,
A.C.E.5.
420 RWHP/422 RWTQ
Old 05-05-2013, 10:15 AM   #66
Joe@NightOwlLEDs
"Night it Up!"

As posted in our introduction thread:

Here are some product photos:

Old 05-05-2013, 10:22 AM   #67
Joe@NightOwlLEDs
"Night it Up!"

Our Master Module will come in two flavors:
USB Power cable (as shown), or straight power pigtails.

The halo kits will also include a Cigarette Plug to USB power adapter for the USB cable on the master. We'll also include a simple adapter which will convert your center console power outlets into always-on outlets. You can decide how you want to power the master. We just suggest that you use the adapters and plug the master into the new USB power adapter in your center console.

If you would rather have pigtails to just be able to wire it in anywhere you want, just let us know when you place your order and we would be happy to customize this for you.
Old 05-17-2013, 09:20 PM   #68
CamaroKid300
ace5.org

Just got home from Joe's house updating the NightOwl stuff in my car from the beta version to the current version...needless to say you all are going to be very pleased! I'm glad I get to see first hand how much hard work he and his family have put into the product.
A.C.E.5.
420 RWHP/422 RWTQ
Old 05-20-2013, 08:10 AM   #69
OKCwhiteKnight

Drives: 2010 2LT RS Camaro 2007 HHR Panel
Hoped to get these this week while I am off and in town.

OKCwhiteKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2013, 09:16 AM   #70
G4M3OVR

Drives: '05 OB Neon SRT4, '13 IOM ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by OKCwhiteKnight View Post
Hoped to get these this week while I am off and in town.
mmmm Me too!
G4M3OVR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2013, 11:41 AM   #71
OKCwhiteKnight

Drives: 2010 2LT RS Camaro 2007 HHR Panel
Quote:
Our Master Module will come in two flavors:
USB Power cable (as shown), or straight power pigtails.

The halo kits will also include a Cigarette Plug to USB power adapter for the USB cable on the master. We'll also include a simple adapter which will convert your center console power outlets into always-on outlets. You can decide how you want to power the master. We just suggest that you use the adapters and plug the master into the new USB power adapter in your center console.

If you would rather have pigtails to just be able to wire it in anywhere you want, just let us know when you place your order and we would be happy to customize this for you.
Good to know about this always on adapter inclusion.Also glad to read about most components or at least as much as possible,is made in the u.s.

OKCwhiteKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013, 10:29 PM   #72
2SSRS@Gen5diy
Salt & Pepper 2014 Z/28

Drives: 2010 2SS IOM ,2014 Z/28, 66 Nova
Got my kit today looks like i will be playing this weekend with it, Look like a well made parts, i can see why it prices like it is, my hat is off to you guys, if it works 1/2 as good as it looks you have a real winner .
Old 05-22-2013, 05:26 AM   #73
Joe@NightOwlLEDs
"Night it Up!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2SSRS View Post
Got my kit today looks like i will be playing this weekend with it, Look like a well made parts, i can see why it prices like it is, my hat is off to you guys, if it works 1/2 as good as it looks you have a real winner .
Glad you got your package, and thanks for the compliment.
Just to be clear, Ofer received an HP module, master, and fob for development and testing. This is not our halo kit. Our halo kit includes all of the extensive wiring harnesses.

We received a very small number of kits on Friday last week, and are currently trying to get these tested and shipped to the very early orderers. We're expecting the rest of the kits to arrive today.

As anxious as everyone is to receive their kit, and as anxious as we are to ship them, we're going to make sure everything is just right before they leave here. We did find a couple of tiny issues with the kits that we received as well as the ones that are coming in today, and we are correcting them. This is taking a little extra time.

We have completed the video installation instructions for the kits. These DVDs will be included with the kits. We have several more instructional videos to complete also. We will be posting those on our website when completed.

Thanks everyone for their patience. Brandon is just finishing his finals for the semester, so starting tomorrow, I'll have him full time. We should have no problems getting all orders shipped by the end of next week.
Old 05-22-2013, 08:08 AM   #74
chef-beavis

This Llama will have to suffice, since I couldn't find a dancing banana!

Thanks for taking the time to get it right!
Old 05-22-2013, 12:17 PM   #75
45thAnniversary2SS

Quote:
Originally Posted by chef-beavis View Post

This Llama will have to suffice, since I couldn't find a dancing banana!

Thanks for taking the time to get it right!

How is the app for the Android coming along? All I'm waiting on for my upgrade. Sick and tired of issues with the "other" brand I have.