Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com
 
autoguy
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls

Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls Report, discuss and diagnose any issues and problems with your Camaro, including warranty discussions.

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 05-15-2013, 09:42 AM   #1
byrosol
Thunderclap
 
byrosol's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Camaro SS IBM (LS3)
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: California MD
Posts: 186
passenger side airbag issue

Hello, This probably isn't the best place to post this but I have an annoying issue with my car at the moment.


Whenever a passenger sits down, the service airbag light comes on. However when you start moving around in the seat the light will go off, and operate normal.. Then the notification will come on again when you start moving around again..


This only happens when a passenger is present.



Is this a sensor issue?

I started having this problem when a water bottle was lodged under the seat. Upon removal this started happening.


Is there something I can check under the passenger side seat or maybe tighten for this issue to go away? I just need to know what to look for.


Thank you!
__________________
MODS
- Magnaflow Catback 16580 exhaust
- K&N CAI
- 20% tint
- Spyder CCFL Halo Projector Headlights
- Barton Pistol Grip Shifter
- Bumblebee custom stripe kit
byrosol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2013, 09:46 AM   #2
Tyler360
 
Tyler360's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 Camaro 2SS/RS
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Wittenberg, Wisconsin
Posts: 699
Where is this light located? Because it almost sounds as if you are talking about the light that tells you whether the passenger side airbag is on or off...
__________________
Tyler360 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2013, 10:00 AM   #3
byrosol
Thunderclap
 
byrosol's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Camaro SS IBM (LS3)
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: California MD
Posts: 186
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyler360 View Post
Where is this light located? Because it almost sounds as if you are talking about the light that tells you whether the passenger side airbag is on or off...


Ok the light on the dash will come on and say "service airbag"

ALSO the overhead light where the passenger side airbag is located says OFF when the "Service Airbag Light" comes on the dash.


When the passenger moves around randomly the Overhead passenger light says ON, and the service airbag light goes off. This will toggle on and off randomly.
__________________
MODS
- Magnaflow Catback 16580 exhaust
- K&N CAI
- 20% tint
- Spyder CCFL Halo Projector Headlights
- Barton Pistol Grip Shifter
- Bumblebee custom stripe kit
byrosol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2013, 11:43 AM   #4
HaulnJ
 
Drives: 2010 SS/RS LS3 GFX Heritage grill
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Anchorage, Ak.
Posts: 179
Had similar problem with mine. Passenger side air bag was showing on and off at the same time on the mirror indicator. Dash also showed airbag problem. Took into dealership , they found a service bulletin on it downloaded new program. No charge and no more problem.
HaulnJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2013, 11:51 AM   #5
AmericanMuscleCars
Teenage Dream Camaro
 
AmericanMuscleCars's Avatar
 
Drives: A Visually Stunning Camaro
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Florida
Posts: 1,688
Time to take a trip to the dealership!
AmericanMuscleCars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2013, 07:40 PM   #6
Chevrolet Customer Svc


 
Chevrolet Customer Svc's Avatar
 
Drives: GM Vehicles
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Michigan
Posts: 8,618
Quote:
Originally Posted by byrosol View Post
Hello, This probably isn't the best place to post this but I have an annoying issue with my car at the moment.


Whenever a passenger sits down, the service airbag light comes on. However when you start moving around in the seat the light will go off, and operate normal.. Then the notification will come on again when you start moving around again..


This only happens when a passenger is present.



Is this a sensor issue?

I started having this problem when a water bottle was lodged under the seat. Upon removal this started happening.


Is there something I can check under the passenger side seat or maybe tighten for this issue to go away? I just need to know what to look for.


Thank you!
Hello byrosol,

I see your having an issue with your vehicle currently, sorry for any inconvenience. I would like to get involved to assist you. Could you private message me your VIN and current mileage? I do recommend to take your vehicle into a dealership for diagnosis and service of this issue also. If you like, I can locate one nearest you and set your visit up as well.

Reggie B.
Chevrolet Customer Care
Chevrolet Customer Svc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2013, 08:12 PM   #7
byrosol
Thunderclap
 
byrosol's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Camaro SS IBM (LS3)
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: California MD
Posts: 186
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chevrolet Customer Svc View Post
Hello byrosol,

I see your having an issue with your vehicle currently, sorry for any inconvenience. I would like to get involved to assist you. Could you private message me your VIN and current mileage? I do recommend to take your vehicle into a dealership for diagnosis and service of this issue also. If you like, I can locate one nearest you and set your visit up as well.

Reggie B.
Chevrolet Customer Care

Hello!

I will send you that information right now.
__________________
MODS
- Magnaflow Catback 16580 exhaust
- K&N CAI
- 20% tint
- Spyder CCFL Halo Projector Headlights
- Barton Pistol Grip Shifter
- Bumblebee custom stripe kit
byrosol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2013, 08:28 PM   #8
Chevrolet Customer Svc


 
Chevrolet Customer Svc's Avatar
 
Drives: GM Vehicles
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Michigan
Posts: 8,618
Quote:
Originally Posted by byrosol View Post
Hello!

I will send you that information right now.
Sounds great byrosol.

Reggie B.
Chevrolet Customer Care
Chevrolet Customer Svc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2013, 09:17 AM   #9
byrosol
Thunderclap
 
byrosol's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Camaro SS IBM (LS3)
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: California MD
Posts: 186
Just left the dealership I usually go to since it's so close.

They tried to fix the problem but apparently their computer will not connect to mine for some reason. They were trying to do a Tech II, and it would not read.

Now the problem is even worse. Whatever they did now the service airbag light comes on every 10 seconds.

They lost my business unfortunately for them, I'm going to take it to a exclusive Chevy dealership (Which is probably what I should have done in the first place).


Makes me not even want to drive the car right now that's how annoying it is.
__________________
MODS
- Magnaflow Catback 16580 exhaust
- K&N CAI
- 20% tint
- Spyder CCFL Halo Projector Headlights
- Barton Pistol Grip Shifter
- Bumblebee custom stripe kit
byrosol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2013, 03:43 PM   #10
TooCool5
Resident Gearhead
 
TooCool5's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Camaro 1LS 3.6 LLT V6 325 HP
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Central CT
Posts: 3,571
Quote:
Originally Posted by HaulnJ View Post
Had similar problem with mine. Passenger side air bag was showing on and off at the same time on the mirror indicator. Dash also showed airbag problem. Took into dealership , they found a service bulletin on it downloaded new program. No charge and no more problem.
X2, had a similar problem and they re-flashed it, no problem since.
__________________
2010 Camaro Auto, Inferno Orange, Titanium Interior, Gearhead Wheels AIRAID CAI
TooCool5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2013, 09:08 PM   #11
Chevrolet Customer Svc


 
Chevrolet Customer Svc's Avatar
 
Drives: GM Vehicles
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Michigan
Posts: 8,618
Quote:
Originally Posted by byrosol View Post
Just left the dealership I usually go to since it's so close.

They tried to fix the problem but apparently their computer will not connect to mine for some reason. They were trying to do a Tech II, and it would not read.

Now the problem is even worse. Whatever they did now the service airbag light comes on every 10 seconds.

They lost my business unfortunately for them, I'm going to take it to a exclusive Chevy dealership (Which is probably what I should have done in the first place).


Makes me not even want to drive the car right now that's how annoying it is.
Hello byrosol,

I apologize for your problem being worse than before. I understand how this situation can be frustrating after having faith that the dealership you usually go to would be able to resolve your issue. That is good you are taking your vehicle to another Chevrolet dealership for a second opinion. I hope this time they are able to assist with resolving your vehicle concern. I am sorry you are that annoyed of driving your vehicle right now. We would not want any customer to feel that way about their awesome car! Please reach out to us and keep us updated on your concern. If you feel you need to discuss this concern further, please private message us.

Regards,

Laura M. (assisting Reggie B.)
Chevrolet Customer Service
Chevrolet Customer Svc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2013, 03:28 PM   #12
CajunSS
 
CajunSS's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Baton Rouge, LA
Posts: 97
mine is out of warranty, damn air bag module and labor $750.00 !!
CajunSS is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:36 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.