Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Gen5DIY
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Marketplace > Vendor and Seller review / feedback / experiences

Vendor and Seller review / feedback / experiences Share review & feedback on vendors and sellers

Closed Thread

Old 05-21-2013, 12:18 PM   #51
bumblebeecamaro
Car Lover By Nature

Drives: Mini Cooper S
Quote:
Originally Posted by SIM Curly View Post
Did you have the same waiting complaint when you paid for the ZL1?
actually no, I didn't have to wait at all. I gave them my 2010 SS and my bank's loan check to me and it was a done deal.

and now your next question???

Quote:
Originally Posted by muscle96ss View Post
Having been in the same position as the OP before I can relate. I can understand the website not being updated to the minute, I can understand delays, but what I cannot understand is the lack of communication. After placing an order there comes a time when the vendor realizes that the item is not in stock; usually that is the next day when they goto process the order as the credit card transaction is not complete until they actually process the order. At that time the vendor should communicate with the purchaser letting them know that the item is actually not in stock, when the expected shipping date is(roughly), and give them the option to cancel if they need the item sooner. That is just plain good business practice and common sense. That obviously did not take place here.
at least more than one person gets it. this same crap happened to me last year when I ordered something from Torq which is based out of Miami. same ordeal as now. their website said the item was in stock ready to ship. actual reality? the damn part wasn't in stock so I called them. got the same BS as now, "oh, we are sorry but that item is out of stock but we are working with............" well, you get the point. needless to say that was the last time Torq will ever get my money.

and see, here's the thing. I've ordered tons of things from vendors like JRE and ADM and guess what? they have yet to let me down. they always deliver as promised so therefore I continue to give them my business. I ordered my other OCC from RX back in 2010 and it came really fast. so I figured I'd get the same good service with RX this time around. huh, it was (or still is) anything but good. last email I got from that Irene girl was that my order was supposed to ship on May 10th. yeah, that's right May 10th which was freakin' 11 days ago. guess what? still no damn OCC and their damn website still shows the item(s) to be in stock.

oh, and speaking of which. I called another forum vendor that also sells RX cans to see if they have any RX cans in stock. they told me no, that they were on a 3 to 4 week back order status. then the girl tells me its because RX is very short staffed and it's one big cluster "F" down there. yeah, that's exactly how the conversation went. and that's coming from a company that does direct business with RX and even they aren't too happy with them. what the hell does that say?
Old 05-21-2013, 01:04 PM   #52
Never Satisfied
220/221 whatever it takes

Drives: '10 1SS/RS M6 SW
What I don't understand.....if you are so angry with RX, why in the world are you waiting? There are other cans that work.
Old 05-21-2013, 01:27 PM   #53
Rob21sf
Don't fear the Reaper!

Drives: Black 2011 Camaro LLT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Never Satisfied View Post
What I don't understand.....if you are so angry with RX, why in the world are you waiting? There are other cans that work.

Can't figure that one out too! Maybe he's waiting on restitution from RX for not telling him they we're out of stock sooner!
MRT 2.0 Axle-back / DT Shorties / Gutted CATS / Magnaflow X-Pipe / Roto-Fab CAI / Roto-Fab ZL1 resevoir / VMax ported TB / Elite CC / Elite brace / Pfadt Stage 2 suspension pkg. / Heritage grill / ZL1 rockers / GM lip spoiler/ HAVOC rear diffuser / COPO style hood / Hotchkis hood pins / HURST ST shifter, EMBLEMPros custom badges.
Old 05-21-2013, 01:54 PM   #54
dierseve97

Drives: 2013 Camaro 2LT RS
How about a seafoam treatment before you install to take care of whatever oil and deposits you may have incurred while waiting for the can?
Old 05-21-2013, 01:55 PM   #55
jtulery

Drives: 2012 CAMARO ZL1, 2012 CTS-V
There jegs or summit life to short !!!
Old 05-21-2013, 02:35 PM   #56
spyderbuddy

Drives: v6 rs inferno orange/inferno orange
Quote:
Originally Posted by bumblebeecamaro View Post
as I said earlier, I'm too deep in this ordeal to jump ship now. I'm sure my LSA is pretty soaked with oil vapor with the 900+ miles I've already put on the car. so waiting another week, or two or three or whenever my damn order ships won't make a difference now. what's done is done. my 2010's SS intake was insanely soaked with oil when we installed the Maggie and the engine only had 300 miles. there's no telling what 900 miles has done on my LSA engine.

I wouldn't be nowhere near as mad as I am had your company A) plainly stated these items were not in stock and B) had I not been told my order would ship on this date when it didn't. I am familiar with HTML web programming and I do know changing a few words on a website doesn't require a degree in IT to accomplish this task. I'm guessing this is something that has missed your attention and it keeps missing your attention. just post the approx shipping estimate dates so customers like myself do not depend on something that's obviously not going to arrive in a timely manner.

I'm also in the retail business but it's a rare thing that I let my customers down. however, when I do, I more than compensate them by giving the extra effort in making them feel like their disappointment was worth the let down. All I have from RX Performance is a more than likely oil soaked intake track and a few empty promises on product delivery.

^ not a very good batting average on your company's behalf.....

Ok, You live in Central Fl Rx is in Tampa Fl. What is the problem with you just riding over to the're shop and getting your can.

Or just go see for yourself.

Heritage Grill, Manual Shifter Boot, Paddle Shifters, Led Lighting, MBRP Exhaust tips, CNC Trottle Body, Trifecta Tune, Vararam Intake/Green Filter, Chevorlet door Sills, Trunk Black out and RX Catch Can/Breather Kit
Old 05-21-2013, 05:52 PM   #57
bumblebeecamaro
Car Lover By Nature

Quote:
Originally Posted by dierseve97 View Post
How about a seafoam treatment before you install to take care of whatever oil and deposits you may have incurred while waiting for the can?
That's probably what I'll do. I'm 99% sure my intake has to have a decent amount of oil ingestion already. Hopefully it's not as messy as my 2010 SS was with only 300 miles.
Old 05-21-2013, 05:56 PM   #58
bumblebeecamaro
Car Lover By Nature

Quote:
Originally Posted by spyderbuddy View Post
Ok, You live in Central Fl Rx is in Tampa Fl. What is the problem with you just riding over to the're shop and getting your can.

Or just go see for yourself.
Because I work 10 hour days Mon-Fri and my weekends are spent with my other half and also running errands.
Old 05-21-2013, 06:21 PM   #59
SC2150
Account Suspended

Drives: 2012 Camaro RS, RX supercharged
bumblebee,

I just went back through all PM's to 4/18 before I stopped and I cant find any PM's from you......I need a name and address to look further into why yours has not shipped.

I have offered a refund and reffered you to a can I trust, Elite, but you continue to attack us. I know you work 10 hour days (as you stated), but you seem to have plenty of time to be on here at all hours with the attack posts. I dont know what else we can do at this point to satisfy you, but I do need at least a name and address, and being so close to us, a drive over and we would do the install free as well.....but this has been going on for weeks and I need some help to figure out who you are (Irene is gone for the day, but if I just use "bumblebee"to try and track yours, it doesen't help with hundreds of orders).

So, if you could take a minute to PM me this info (I know, you only have time to slam me/us every hour or so and probably cant take the time out of your ten hour day to at least let me know who you are) I can't help....and I cant refund you w/out this info either.

I have really had enough of this crybaby slam fest and as that seems to be all you are capable of doing at this point so a refund is about all I care to give at this point. You have done enough financial damage with the title of this post, and the rants you continue with no matter what i say or do to solve this.

So, all that have watched this thread that want to see, not a single PM try and deal with this in private, he has chosen to instead smear us all over with this thread and title....and at this point, I give up. I really think this has been the goal all along with bumblebee having all the time in the world to keep attacking, yet not a single PM in over a month?

Now take a look at this from our prospective. We have done all we can, have acknowledged the backlog, I can't work any more hours than I am personally, but enough is enough.
Old 05-21-2013, 06:37 PM   #60
spyderbuddy

Drives: v6 rs inferno orange/inferno orange
Quote:
Because I work 10 hour days Mon-Fri and my weekends are spent with my other half and also running errands.
Hell the're at the shop on Saturday, To me it just sound like you want to B**c* about something.
I Work 9 - 10 hours on two jobs, I believe I could have taken some of My time to ride over to see Tracy.
And from the sounds of it you haven't even responded back to Tracy, I'm starting to believe you one of them guy's, The kind that want something for nothing.

Heritage Grill, Manual Shifter Boot, Paddle Shifters, Led Lighting, MBRP Exhaust tips, CNC Trottle Body, Trifecta Tune, Vararam Intake/Green Filter, Chevorlet door Sills, Trunk Black out and RX Catch Can/Breather Kit
Old 05-21-2013, 11:25 PM   #61
BigBlock69RS
Ed

Drives: 2013 AGM Camaro 2SS/RS/1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by SC2150 View Post
bumblebee,

I just went back through all PM's to 4/18 before I stopped and I cant find any PM's from you......I need a name and address to look further into why yours has not shipped.

I have offered a refund and reffered you to a can I trust, Elite, but you continue to attack us. I know you work 10 hour days (as you stated), but you seem to have plenty of time to be on here at all hours with the attack posts. I dont know what else we can do at this point to satisfy you, but I do need at least a name and address, and being so close to us, a drive over and we would do the install free as well.....but this has been going on for weeks and I need some help to figure out who you are (Irene is gone for the day, but if I just use "bumblebee"to try and track yours, it doesen't help with hundreds of orders).

So, if you could take a minute to PM me this info (I know, you only have time to slam me/us every hour or so and probably cant take the time out of your ten hour day to at least let me know who you are) I can't help....and I cant refund you w/out this info either.

I have really had enough of this crybaby slam fest and as that seems to be all you are capable of doing at this point so a refund is about all I care to give at this point. You have done enough financial damage with the title of this post, and the rants you continue with no matter what i say or do to solve this.

So, all that have watched this thread that want to see, not a single PM try and deal with this in private, he has chosen to instead smear us all over with this thread and title....and at this point, I give up. I really think this has been the goal all along with bumblebee having all the time in the world to keep attacking, yet not a single PM in over a month?

Now take a look at this from our prospective. We have done all we can, have acknowledged the backlog, I can't work any more hours than I am personally, but enough is enough.
Can I get his can? Or at least put me line for one? I don't mind waiting for a quality product.
Old 05-21-2013, 11:33 PM   #62
bw26ss
Banned

Drives: ss camaro
I have been thinking about one myself, this thread hasn't altered my thinking at all, the fact that they are busy and selling a bunch of these means they are a good product.
Old 05-22-2013, 12:35 AM   #63
Bauer2
ATC

Drives: 2013 2SS/1LE and 2009 R1
I'm still patiently waiting on mine and I will be till it comes in. I can wait for the best!

Sent from the fast lane!
Old 05-22-2013, 05:43 AM   #64
POWERFREAK
I.AM.

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS/M6
Wow, some people need to chill out

NY5thgen.com
Old 05-22-2013, 06:15 AM   #65
heymatt

Drives: 2012 IBM 2SS Vert.
Sure it's not ideal that he has to wait for what he ordered. But it's the way he has chosen to vent about it.
When I have had problems getting merchandise that was ordered, in a reasonable amount of time. A simple phone call was made. Not getting a call back? How about sending an email? Still not getting response as to when? That's a tough one, cancel the order!
In this case the vendor is on this site frequently. A PM back and forth, the issue could be resolved to each others satisfaction.
I have dealt with RX in the past with no issues.
Can things change in how smoothly things run in a business? Absolutely!
But to come on a forum and bash a business without trying to resolve the issue first is wrong. Doesn't matter who it is, RX, Pedders, KOOKS, or whomever chooses to do business on this site.
Don't want to wait for RX to get what you ordered? Get a credit and move on! There are plenty of other catch cans on the market.
Life's too short to sweat the small stuff!
If I've offened you, my apologies.
Sometimes it takes another person to tell you to put your big boy pants on, and move along!
Old 05-22-2013, 07:09 AM   #66
NOT URSS

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS Camaro
Send a message via AIM to NOT URSS
Seems RX is doing all they can for the guy! Get your refund and move on!
Old 05-22-2013, 08:32 AM   #67
inf3rno

Drives: 2013 Camaro 2LT/RS
This post didn't change any of my opinions about Tracy@RX but more respect.

If i ever want to go for FI, tracy will still be my first option. :thumbs:
Old 05-22-2013, 10:12 AM   #68
bhillakaiceberg

Drives: 2011 Synergy Green 2SS/RS L99
Move on OP!! Tracy will refund your money if you ever decide to PM him your information. If I were you, I'd hurry up and order that Elite Catchcan before they sell out as well! God forbid that happen, cause I would hate to be Elite!!
Old 05-22-2013, 10:23 AM   #69
willhe64

Drives: 2012 45th Vert, 2011 4x4, 9sec Vega
Tracy, you need to update your website to reflect that these items are on backorder. Nothing chafes me worse than seeing an item is in stock only to have to wait for it like the OP is. It's a sleazy sales practice. There are several web vendors who I will no longer deal with because of this.
Old 05-22-2013, 03:35 PM   #70
MIDNIGHT

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2LT/RS IBM
I have been waiting almost 2 months for my catch can, 3 weeks ago they told me it would ship by the end of the week. The following week the told me I would receive shipping number, And a week and 1/2 later still no word on it.
Old 05-22-2013, 09:39 PM   #71
bumblebeecamaro
Car Lover By Nature

Quote:
Originally Posted by willhe64 View Post
Tracy, you need to update your website to reflect that these items are on backorder. Nothing chafes me worse than seeing an item is in stock only to have to wait for it like the OP is. It's a sleazy sales practice. There are several web vendors who I will no longer deal with because of this.
Gee, and yet someone else that can see things the way I do.

Thanks
Old 05-22-2013, 09:50 PM   #72
bumblebeecamaro
Car Lover By Nature

Quote:
Originally Posted by MIDNIGHT View Post
I have been waiting almost 2 months for my catch can, 3 weeks ago they told me it would ship by the end of the week. The following week the told me I would receive shipping number, And a week and 1/2 later still no word on it.
Sounds like my story. I'm glad I'm not the only one that gets the run around.

It matters no more because Tracy just cancelled by order. So, not only was I out of $150 for over a freaking month. And not only have I been left hanging with lies via email about shipping dates that obvious aren't met. But now I've been racking up roughly 500 miles on my car without a damn oil catch can.

That's fine. Because this story will give me 150 reasons why I will always choose a big thumbs DOWN whenever the subject of RX comes around.
Old 05-22-2013, 10:21 PM   #73
SIM Curly

Drives: Silver 1LT 2011 camaro
Quote:
Sounds like my story. I'm glad I'm not the only one that gets the run around.

It matters no more because Tracy just cancelled by order. So, not only was I out of $150 for over a freaking month. And not only have I been left hanging with lies via email about shipping dates that obvious aren't met. But now I've been racking up roughly 500 miles on my car without a damn oil catch can.

That's fine. Because this story will give me 150 reasons why I will always choose a big thumbs DOWN whenever the subject of RX comes around.
Your engine performance will not change calm down dude
Old 05-22-2013, 10:39 PM   #74
menendez1293
Emerald Coast Camaros

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2LT/RS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by SIM Curly View Post
Your engine performance will not change calm down dude
While this might be true for such short miles I still would be pretty upset with both how their website says in stock and also with the way Tracy addressed the OP earlier. Tracy is a good guy that will go out of his way to help with just about any problem you might encounter but in my book the way he was speaking earlier is no way to speak to any customer.
Proud owner of litho #179 Click Picture for Build Thread
Old 05-23-2013, 08:31 AM   #75
FY_Ivan
Black Mamba

Drives: 2013 2LT RS
Wow... I think a lot of people are missing the point when they told the OP to keep on waiting. The problem is that RX STILL hasn't updated their website to indicate backorder so customers aren't misled. Whoever manages that website needs new software, because it's not hard for an e-commerce website to put in the system that they have xx number of items of this product (including a small backorder), and as soon as that number is reached in sales to automatically set the item as unavailable. When they get more in stock, update your available # appropriately. No need to work 10+ hours with this set-up, customers are given realistic information and are then given an up front decision to wait for their item, or buy a competitor's. Everyone is happy, and RX's reputation doesn't suffer.

What bothers me is that they seem to embrace the backorder, and are happy with the revenue it's producing at the expense of customer satisfaction. RX... eventually people will wise up and not buy your product no matter how good it is, it is in your benefit to take customer satisfaction seriously. And I am shocked at the way 'Tracy' responded to a customer, calling him a crybaby and saying 'I give up on you, i just want to give you your money back'. WHAT?!?! 5 weeks in and now he won't even get it?!?! No matter how rude a customer is, if you speak for the company you should always act in a professional manner. Expedite the order, or offer him a free seafoam cleaning or something since he's so close to you, and then go and fix the origin of the problem, which is your software!! RX could have handled this much better and made the OP look like an idiot, kill him with kindness if you will, but their responses have made themselves look awful. Take a hint from other vendors on this forum, and don't overreact or attack the people that pay your bills.

Heritage Grille | Gen5DIY Halo & DRL Harness | LEDs - DRLs, dome, trunk, license plate | ZL1 rear and RPI front splash guards | CAI Inc. Cold Air Intake
Elite Engineering Catch Can | Oracle Ghosted Sidemarkers | FR ZL1 style wheels | VMax Black Ported TB

Closed Thread