Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com
 
Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetics and Lighting Modification Discussions


Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 05-22-2013, 04:24 PM   #15
TwentyTen2SSRS


 
TwentyTen2SSRS's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 2SS/RS
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Seattle, WA
Posts: 3,400
Loooks great! This is exactly what I want to do.. I'm sure I could do the gauge bezels just fine.

What kind of spray paint did you use?? And clear coat? Turned out great!
TwentyTen2SSRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2013, 04:26 PM   #16
ShadowPuppet
Fawkes' Master
 
ShadowPuppet's Avatar
 
Drives: "Fawkes" - 2016 GRT 2SS Convertible
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: York Region, Ontario, Canada
Posts: 295
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2013BlackLS View Post
Loooks great! This is exactly what I want to do.. I'm sure I could do the gauge bezels just fine.

What kind of spray paint did you use?? And clear coat? Turned out great!
Thanks man! I'm quite happy with it as well

I used paint from an online company, automotivetouchup.com. They will mix and ship the paint to you for a rather reasonable price. Cost me just short of $60 for an adhesion promoter, the base coat, and a clear coat, all 12oz spray cans. Mind you, us Canucks pay the price when it comes over the border as there was $18 in Duty charges but it's still worth it and the effect is amazing Plus the paint will last me a while if I decide to paint other things haha
__________________
Own a Camaro in the GTA? Join our FB Group for Meetups!
--------------------------------------------------------------------
2SS Convertible, M6, Grey 5-Spoke Wheels, MRC, NPP, Adrenaline Red Interior/Trim, Footwells

ShadowPuppet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2013, 04:31 PM   #17
TwentyTen2SSRS


 
TwentyTen2SSRS's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 2SS/RS
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Seattle, WA
Posts: 3,400
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowPuppet View Post
Thanks man! I'm quite happy with it as well

I used paint from an online company, automotivetouchup.com. They will mix and ship the paint to you for a rather reasonable price. Cost me just short of $60 for an adhesion promoter, the base coat, and a clear coat, all 12oz spray cans. Mind you, us Canucks pay the price when it comes over the border as there was $18 in Duty charges but it's still worth it and the effect is amazing Plus the paint will last me a while if I decide to paint other things haha
Good point.. My exterior is black so I was going with a royal blue type color on the interior. Not sure but I'd have to make sure I use a good color.

What about the bezel around the shift area? Are you going to do that too?
TwentyTen2SSRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2013, 04:34 PM   #18
ShadowPuppet
Fawkes' Master
 
ShadowPuppet's Avatar
 
Drives: "Fawkes" - 2016 GRT 2SS Convertible
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: York Region, Ontario, Canada
Posts: 295
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2013BlackLS View Post
Good point.. My exterior is black so I was going with a royal blue type color on the interior. Not sure but I'd have to make sure I use a good color.

What about the bezel around the shift area? Are you going to do that too?
Yea that would look really sweet, like an IBM blue even.

I was thinking about doing that, just haven't decided yet if it's overkill lol. I've seen some photos with it done and it looks sweeeeet so I'll probably do it when I figure out how to take it apart lmao. It's starting to warm up here, mind you, lots of rain, but if it gets really nice out I'll probably take the whole dash off, paint the A/C vents, then get the shift bezel out as well and paint that :P
__________________
Own a Camaro in the GTA? Join our FB Group for Meetups!
--------------------------------------------------------------------
2SS Convertible, M6, Grey 5-Spoke Wheels, MRC, NPP, Adrenaline Red Interior/Trim, Footwells

ShadowPuppet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2013, 07:16 PM   #19
USMCSSGT-RET

 
USMCSSGT-RET's Avatar
 
Drives: '14 SIM 2LT/RS Vert
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Concord, NC
Posts: 1,376
Nice!

I had mine done a while back, makes the interior pop!
__________________
USMCSSGT-RET is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2013, 11:45 PM   #20
ShadowPuppet
Fawkes' Master
 
ShadowPuppet's Avatar
 
Drives: "Fawkes" - 2016 GRT 2SS Convertible
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: York Region, Ontario, Canada
Posts: 295
Quote:
Originally Posted by USMCSSGT-RET View Post
Nice!

I had mine done a while back, makes the interior pop!
Yea I can't wait to install it later today
__________________
Own a Camaro in the GTA? Join our FB Group for Meetups!
--------------------------------------------------------------------
2SS Convertible, M6, Grey 5-Spoke Wheels, MRC, NPP, Adrenaline Red Interior/Trim, Footwells

ShadowPuppet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2013, 05:35 PM   #21
ShadowPuppet
Fawkes' Master
 
ShadowPuppet's Avatar
 
Drives: "Fawkes" - 2016 GRT 2SS Convertible
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: York Region, Ontario, Canada
Posts: 295
So just installed these back in... absolutely love it

Attached a picture of the key as well which turned out decently
Attached Images
   
__________________
Own a Camaro in the GTA? Join our FB Group for Meetups!
--------------------------------------------------------------------
2SS Convertible, M6, Grey 5-Spoke Wheels, MRC, NPP, Adrenaline Red Interior/Trim, Footwells

ShadowPuppet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2013, 03:30 PM   #22
Forte
 
Forte's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 2LT/RS CGM W/ Black Stripes
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Madera, CA
Posts: 596
I love the keyfob, great touch.

Great work on the whole thing though, awesome!
Forte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2013, 03:31 PM   #23
ShadowPuppet
Fawkes' Master
 
ShadowPuppet's Avatar
 
Drives: "Fawkes" - 2016 GRT 2SS Convertible
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: York Region, Ontario, Canada
Posts: 295
Thanks man

I'm going to tackle a full dash removal either this or next weekend to paint the A/C vents
__________________
Own a Camaro in the GTA? Join our FB Group for Meetups!
--------------------------------------------------------------------
2SS Convertible, M6, Grey 5-Spoke Wheels, MRC, NPP, Adrenaline Red Interior/Trim, Footwells

ShadowPuppet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2013, 06:40 PM   #24
USMCSSGT-RET

 
USMCSSGT-RET's Avatar
 
Drives: '14 SIM 2LT/RS Vert
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Concord, NC
Posts: 1,376
Very nice!!!
__________________
USMCSSGT-RET is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2013, 04:18 AM   #25
jfeathers
 
Drives: 2013 Chevy Camaro 1LT RS
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Tahlequah, OK
Posts: 5
What color of red did you use? My Camaro is a Crystal Red and I am wanting to do the same thing.
jfeathers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2013, 11:30 AM   #26
ShadowPuppet
Fawkes' Master
 
ShadowPuppet's Avatar
 
Drives: "Fawkes" - 2016 GRT 2SS Convertible
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: York Region, Ontario, Canada
Posts: 295
Quote:
Originally Posted by jfeathers View Post
What color of red did you use? My Camaro is a Crystal Red and I am wanting to do the same thing.
I used actual RJT paint ordered from automotivetouchup.com

Make sure you spray it with two coats of adhesion promoter first, then 3 of base coat, then I did 4 of clear
__________________
Own a Camaro in the GTA? Join our FB Group for Meetups!
--------------------------------------------------------------------
2SS Convertible, M6, Grey 5-Spoke Wheels, MRC, NPP, Adrenaline Red Interior/Trim, Footwells

ShadowPuppet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2013, 11:53 AM   #27
CamaroLS

 
CamaroLS's Avatar
 
Drives: 2014 Blue Ray Met. Camaro 1SS Vert
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Indiana
Posts: 1,512
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowPuppet View Post
I used actual RJT paint ordered from automotivetouchup.com

Make sure you spray it with two coats of adhesion promoter first, then 3 of base coat, then I did 4 of clear
Did you sand between coats and did you have to buff your parts after you cleared them?
CamaroLS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2013, 11:59 AM   #28
ShadowPuppet
Fawkes' Master
 
ShadowPuppet's Avatar
 
Drives: "Fawkes" - 2016 GRT 2SS Convertible
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: York Region, Ontario, Canada
Posts: 295
Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroLS View Post
Did you sand between coats and did you have to buff your parts after you cleared them?
No sanding needed and no I didn't buff them though now that I think of it, probably should have so might do that today
__________________
Own a Camaro in the GTA? Join our FB Group for Meetups!
--------------------------------------------------------------------
2SS Convertible, M6, Grey 5-Spoke Wheels, MRC, NPP, Adrenaline Red Interior/Trim, Footwells

ShadowPuppet is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:21 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.