Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com
 
Grabiak Performance Center
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V6 LLT Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons


Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 05-23-2013, 03:35 AM   #69
lscamaro


 
lscamaro's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 CGM Camaro LS A6
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: San Antonio, Texas
Posts: 10,310
Quote:
Originally Posted by camaro_RS View Post


Dude, I totally would have bought TWO cases of each....and even drove out west to see you....and I still would have saved money!!!!! Hahaha. That would've been fun!!!

Thanks a ton for the offer but I ended up going to a different shop and paid $274 for the install header. I was happy as it was way less than paying $460!!! I got them installed this past Monday.

You going to be at any of the upcoming ECC cruises???

Thanks again for the offer. Maybe when I get another set of lowering springs.... I was once quoted $600 for install...so I sold them! LOL.
So how do you like them?!
__________________

Click Picture for Build Thread
lscamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2013, 03:47 AM   #70
45thCAMARO 2SS/RS
xquest91x
 
45thCAMARO 2SS/RS's Avatar
 
Drives: 2012 45th Anniversary 2SS/RS
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Yuma, AZ
Posts: 536
I have the same question mine wanna charge me 450 to install now I have a friend that is willing to help me out but then what do I do about the check engine light, someone told me that my car would run rich or lean due too not having a tune after a header install( kooks header) so should I install them anyways?
45thCAMARO 2SS/RS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2013, 04:08 AM   #71
lscamaro


 
lscamaro's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 CGM Camaro LS A6
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: San Antonio, Texas
Posts: 10,310
Quote:
Originally Posted by 45thCAMARO 2SS/RS View Post
I have the same question mine wanna charge me 450 to install now I have a friend that is willing to help me out but then what do I do about the check engine light, someone told me that my car would run rich or lean due too not having a tune after a header install( kooks header) so should I install them anyways?
For the v8, it's really a breeze to install them. On the v8, I wouldn't pay for a shop install if I had someone helping me out. About running rich or lean, I'm not 100% sure but a lot of v8 owners are running headers with no tune because they don't want to ruin their powertrain warranty and are fine.
__________________

Click Picture for Build Thread
lscamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2013, 09:32 AM   #72
camaro_RS
Emerald Coast Camaros
 
camaro_RS's Avatar
 
Drives: A lot of show, not much go.
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Emerald Coast
Posts: 3,390
Quote:
Originally Posted by lscamaro View Post
So how do you like them?!
I like them quite a bit...performance wise! Definitely notice a difference. Sound wise...I'm not so sure yet. Maybe thinking of doing something with my exhaust. I actually liked my exhaust better before the headers....except now at high rpms I don't have any rasp (I also put in the resonated x-pipe) as I did before which is very nice.
__________________
-White Mary Jane....build thread [COTW 6/11/12] :

camaro_RS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2013, 10:07 PM   #73
RichieSSZ28
Emerald Coast Camaros
 
RichieSSZ28's Avatar
 
Drives: 10' 2SS/RS & 14' Sierra Z71
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Jay, FL
Posts: 165
Quote:
Originally Posted by camaro_RS View Post


Dude, I totally would have bought TWO cases of each....and even drove out west to see you....and I still would have saved money!!!!! Hahaha. That would've been fun!!!

Thanks a ton for the offer but I ended up going to a different shop and paid $274 for the install header. I was happy as it was way less than paying $460!!! I got them installed this past Monday.

You going to be at any of the upcoming ECC cruises???

Thanks again for the offer. Maybe when I get another set of lowering springs.... I was once quoted $600 for install...so I sold them! LOL.
Anytime. That is not a bad price. I try to make them when I'm home but I work in Brazil on a 28/28 rotation so I miss alot of them. If there is one after June 10th and in June then I will for sure go. I ordered me some 22" wheels and tires today and they will be in next Sat and I get in June 9th. So I'm excited and hoping the next two weeks go by fast.

So how did they turn out? You like the headers?
__________________
SLP 1-3/4" LT Headers, 3" High flow cats,MGW short throw shifter with Orange SS, Magnaflow 2.5" Street series aggressive full system exhaust with 4" Tips, MGW Short throw shifter, K&N CAI, SLP 160 thermostat, Diablo Sport Tune by SLP, Sinister Street scene Package, Custom Two Tone paint scheme(Pearl black and Inferno Orange) by Owens Customizing, Two tone Engine cover, 22" Gianelle Cuba 10 matte black with ball cut details, Vredestein SUV assanta tires 265/35 and 315/30.
RichieSSZ28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2013, 10:19 PM   #74
RichieSSZ28
Emerald Coast Camaros
 
RichieSSZ28's Avatar
 
Drives: 10' 2SS/RS & 14' Sierra Z71
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Jay, FL
Posts: 165
Quote:
Originally Posted by camaro_RS View Post
I like them quite a bit...performance wise! Definitely notice a difference. Sound wise...I'm not so sure yet. Maybe thinking of doing something with my exhaust. I actually liked my exhaust better before the headers....except now at high rpms I don't have any rasp (I also put in the resonated x-pipe) as I did before which is very nice.

I have a pretty much brand new Magnaflow Stainless full system exhaust in the box with all the hardware but It's for a V8. Its 2.5"pipe with 5"tips. Some of my pics show it before I installed the ground effects. I don't know the diameter of a V6 pipe or if it would cause any performance issues if adapted over. But I do know the 5"tips are nice out the back. They wouldn't fit on my sinsister package.
If you can find out if they would work. I will sell them for a great price.

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/pictur...ictureid=55791

__________________
SLP 1-3/4" LT Headers, 3" High flow cats,MGW short throw shifter with Orange SS, Magnaflow 2.5" Street series aggressive full system exhaust with 4" Tips, MGW Short throw shifter, K&N CAI, SLP 160 thermostat, Diablo Sport Tune by SLP, Sinister Street scene Package, Custom Two Tone paint scheme(Pearl black and Inferno Orange) by Owens Customizing, Two tone Engine cover, 22" Gianelle Cuba 10 matte black with ball cut details, Vredestein SUV assanta tires 265/35 and 315/30.
RichieSSZ28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2013, 11:23 PM   #75
RichieSSZ28
Emerald Coast Camaros
 
RichieSSZ28's Avatar
 
Drives: 10' 2SS/RS & 14' Sierra Z71
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Jay, FL
Posts: 165
Quote:
Originally Posted by lscamaro View Post
For the v8, it's really a breeze to install them. On the v8, I wouldn't pay for a shop install if I had someone helping me out. About running rich or lean, I'm not 100% sure but a lot of v8 owners are running headers with no tune because they don't want to ruin their powertrain warranty and are fine.

Disconnect your battery before installing. Your air/fuel ration should recalibrate. But it would best to have it tuned or programmed. The light will come on if you use a large collector. But if you tune it then it can be deleted and no more light. Programmer will delay the light. Also the light gets less and less noticeable. Haha!
__________________
SLP 1-3/4" LT Headers, 3" High flow cats,MGW short throw shifter with Orange SS, Magnaflow 2.5" Street series aggressive full system exhaust with 4" Tips, MGW Short throw shifter, K&N CAI, SLP 160 thermostat, Diablo Sport Tune by SLP, Sinister Street scene Package, Custom Two Tone paint scheme(Pearl black and Inferno Orange) by Owens Customizing, Two tone Engine cover, 22" Gianelle Cuba 10 matte black with ball cut details, Vredestein SUV assanta tires 265/35 and 315/30.
RichieSSZ28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2013, 04:46 AM   #76
45thCAMARO 2SS/RS
xquest91x
 
45thCAMARO 2SS/RS's Avatar
 
Drives: 2012 45th Anniversary 2SS/RS
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Yuma, AZ
Posts: 536
Quote:
Originally Posted by RichieSSZ28 View Post
Disconnect your battery before installing. Your air/fuel ration should recalibrate. But it would best to have it tuned or programmed. The light will come on if you use a large collector. But if you tune it then it can be deleted and no more light. Programmer will delay the light. Also the light gets less and less noticeable. Haha!
I don't mid tuning it but should I do a hand held tuner if so which one?? Or should I save up and have it dyno tune which I have been quoted around $500 bucks, n I feel Better now knowing that my car will be ok if I install them and my car will be ok
45thCAMARO 2SS/RS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2013, 07:32 PM   #77
RichieSSZ28
Emerald Coast Camaros
 
RichieSSZ28's Avatar
 
Drives: 10' 2SS/RS & 14' Sierra Z71
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Jay, FL
Posts: 165
I have a hand held diablo sport programmer. It has a tune from slp. But you can adjust everything. It's not difficult.
__________________
SLP 1-3/4" LT Headers, 3" High flow cats,MGW short throw shifter with Orange SS, Magnaflow 2.5" Street series aggressive full system exhaust with 4" Tips, MGW Short throw shifter, K&N CAI, SLP 160 thermostat, Diablo Sport Tune by SLP, Sinister Street scene Package, Custom Two Tone paint scheme(Pearl black and Inferno Orange) by Owens Customizing, Two tone Engine cover, 22" Gianelle Cuba 10 matte black with ball cut details, Vredestein SUV assanta tires 265/35 and 315/30.
RichieSSZ28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2013, 09:44 PM   #78
camaro_RS
Emerald Coast Camaros
 
camaro_RS's Avatar
 
Drives: A lot of show, not much go.
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Emerald Coast
Posts: 3,390
Quote:
Originally Posted by RichieSSZ28 View Post
Anytime. That is not a bad price. I try to make them when I'm home but I work in Brazil on a 28/28 rotation so I miss alot of them. If there is one after June 10th and in June then I will for sure go. I ordered me some 22" wheels and tires today and they will be in next Sat and I get in June 9th. So I'm excited and hoping the next two weeks go by fast.

So how did they turn out? You like the headers?
Hell yeah congrats on the wheels!!! What style you get?

Yeah, I'm very happy with the headers. Even the sound is growing on me and I think it's pretty good. I can definitely tell the difference in the car. It's for sure been the most noticeable hp mod I've done.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichieSSZ28 View Post
I have a pretty much brand new Magnaflow Stainless full system exhaust in the box with all the hardware but It's for a V8. Its 2.5"pipe with 5"tips. Some of my pics show it before I installed the ground effects. I don't know the diameter of a V6 pipe or if it would cause any performance issues if adapted over. But I do know the 5"tips are nice out the back. They wouldn't fit on my sinsister package.
If you can find out if they would work. I will sell them for a great price.

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/pictur...ictureid=55791
Nice

Thanks for the offer, man. I think right now I'm going to stick with what I have and see if I continue to like it and figure out later on if I want to change anything. I like my FM tips quite a bit...but wow those Magnaflow tips are huge!!
__________________
-White Mary Jane....build thread [COTW 6/11/12] :

camaro_RS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2013, 06:05 AM   #79
RichieSSZ28
Emerald Coast Camaros
 
RichieSSZ28's Avatar
 
Drives: 10' 2SS/RS & 14' Sierra Z71
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Jay, FL
Posts: 165
I went with the Gianelle Cuba 10, Matte black with polished ball cut detail, 22x9-22x10.5 with vredstein sassanta 26/35/22 and 315/30/22. My time at work is not going by fast enough! I'm so ready to be back home with the family ofcourse and to install the wheels. I have new Hawk brake pads with slotted/cross drilled rotors to install first.


Quote:
Originally Posted by camaro_RS View Post
Hell yeah congrats on the wheels!!! What style you get?

Yeah, I'm very happy with the headers. Even the sound is growing on me and I think it's pretty good. I can definitely tell the difference in the car. It's for sure been the most noticeable hp mod I've done.



Nice

Thanks for the offer, man. I think right now I'm going to stick with what I have and see if I continue to like it and figure out later on if I want to change anything. I like my FM tips quite a bit...but wow those Magnaflow tips are huge!!
__________________
SLP 1-3/4" LT Headers, 3" High flow cats,MGW short throw shifter with Orange SS, Magnaflow 2.5" Street series aggressive full system exhaust with 4" Tips, MGW Short throw shifter, K&N CAI, SLP 160 thermostat, Diablo Sport Tune by SLP, Sinister Street scene Package, Custom Two Tone paint scheme(Pearl black and Inferno Orange) by Owens Customizing, Two tone Engine cover, 22" Gianelle Cuba 10 matte black with ball cut details, Vredestein SUV assanta tires 265/35 and 315/30.
RichieSSZ28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2013, 03:11 PM   #80
717Stunna
 
717Stunna's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Slp Camaro ZL327
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: PA
Posts: 602
I paid 200 for mine hes trying to beat you I would go else where
717Stunna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2013, 09:02 AM   #81
camaro_RS
Emerald Coast Camaros
 
camaro_RS's Avatar
 
Drives: A lot of show, not much go.
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Emerald Coast
Posts: 3,390
Quote:
Originally Posted by RichieSSZ28 View Post
I went with the Gianelle Cuba 10, Matte black with polished ball cut detail, 22x9-22x10.5 with vredstein sassanta 26/35/22 and 315/30/22. My time at work is not going by fast enough! I'm so ready to be back home with the family ofcourse and to install the wheels. I have new Hawk brake pads with slotted/cross drilled rotors to install first.
Dude....those are going to be bada$$!! Especially with the new rotors! Haha. Looking forward to seeing pics...or hopefully even in person!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 717Stunna View Post
I paid 200 for mine hes trying to beat you I would go else where
Hey thanks Stunna. I did go elsewhere and although I didn't get them as cheap as you I did get a way better deal for $274. I was much happier with that price.
__________________
-White Mary Jane....build thread [COTW 6/11/12] :

camaro_RS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2013, 12:33 PM   #82
TheGhosty
 
TheGhosty's Avatar
 
Drives: '11 SW 1LT RS
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Granite Bay, CA
Posts: 717
I will be contacting some local places to get quotes soon. It sounds like the key to success is to ask how much they charge for labor per hour, then ask how many hours for headers? Then i'll keep calling until I get something in the 200-300 range.

BTW Camaro_RS: Your car has been my inspiration from day one. It is beautiful!! Great car man.
__________________
TheGhosty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2013, 08:08 PM   #83
RichieSSZ28
Emerald Coast Camaros
 
RichieSSZ28's Avatar
 
Drives: 10' 2SS/RS & 14' Sierra Z71
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Jay, FL
Posts: 165
[QUOTE=camaro_RS;6593694]Dude....those are going to be bada$$!! Especially with the new rotors! Haha. Looking forward to seeing pics...or hopefully even in person!





I land into Pensacola sat the 8th and after spending time with my wife and son ill be in the shop with a cold shock top and installing everything. I'm hoping the brakes don't give me any issues. So I hope to be posting by Sunday!!
__________________
SLP 1-3/4" LT Headers, 3" High flow cats,MGW short throw shifter with Orange SS, Magnaflow 2.5" Street series aggressive full system exhaust with 4" Tips, MGW Short throw shifter, K&N CAI, SLP 160 thermostat, Diablo Sport Tune by SLP, Sinister Street scene Package, Custom Two Tone paint scheme(Pearl black and Inferno Orange) by Owens Customizing, Two tone Engine cover, 22" Gianelle Cuba 10 matte black with ball cut details, Vredestein SUV assanta tires 265/35 and 315/30.
RichieSSZ28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2013, 10:31 PM   #84
camaro_RS
Emerald Coast Camaros
 
camaro_RS's Avatar
 
Drives: A lot of show, not much go.
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Emerald Coast
Posts: 3,390
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGhosty View Post
I will be contacting some local places to get quotes soon. It sounds like the key to success is to ask how much they charge for labor per hour, then ask how many hours for headers? Then i'll keep calling until I get something in the 200-300 range.

BTW Camaro_RS: Your car has been my inspiration from day one. It is beautiful!! Great car man.
That's basically what I did. Ended up being happy at $274. So....the guy said about 3 hours labor for the headers. That's what I would try and shoot for!

Thanks a lot for the compliments, Ghosty. I appreciate it. Glad I could be of some inspiration!!

[QUOTE=RichieSSZ28;6604627]
Quote:
Originally Posted by camaro_RS View Post
Dude....those are going to be bada$$!! Especially with the new rotors! Haha. Looking forward to seeing pics...or hopefully even in person!





I land into Pensacola sat the 8th and after spending time with my wife and son ill be in the shop with a cold shock top and installing everything. I'm hoping the brakes don't give me any issues. So I hope to be posting by Sunday!!



__________________
-White Mary Jane....build thread [COTW 6/11/12] :

camaro_RS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2013, 05:09 PM   #85
SIM Curly

 
SIM Curly's Avatar
 
Drives: Silver 1LT 2011 camaro
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Decatur, Alabama and Troy, Alabama
Posts: 1,928
Quote:
Originally Posted by camaro_RS View Post


Dude, I totally would have bought TWO cases of each....and even drove out west to see you....and I still would have saved money!!!!! Hahaha. That would've been fun!!!

Thanks a ton for the offer but I ended up going to a different shop and paid $274 for the install header. I was happy as it was way less than paying $460!!! I got them installed this past Monday.

You going to be at any of the upcoming ECC cruises???

Thanks again for the offer. Maybe when I get another set of lowering springs.... I was once quoted $600 for install...so I sold them! LOL.
What shop? I decided to go on vacation to panama at the end of the month and figured this would be the best time to get headers installed since no shops do it up here.
__________________
SIM Curly is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:49 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.