Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com
 
BORLA
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > Off-topic Discussions

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 05-24-2013, 01:21 PM   #15
motorhead


 
motorhead's Avatar
 
Drives: Stormtrooper
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Bartertown
Posts: 10,392
Hope you got it at a very good price for that mileage. 7.3 or not, that's a ton of miles on a truck.
motorhead is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2013, 01:21 PM   #16
mr_honez
Wifey Lover
 
mr_honez's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 Crystal Red 2LT/RS
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Bastrop, Texas
Posts: 1,334
Quote:
Originally Posted by rare991 View Post
there are many of us out there!
__________________
mr_honez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2013, 01:25 PM   #17
rare991

 
rare991's Avatar
 
Drives: 2014 SS 1LE
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Newport News VA
Posts: 896
Quote:
Originally Posted by motorhead View Post
Hope you got it at a very good price for that mileage. 7.3 or not, that's a ton of miles on a truck.
the price was good. it has brand new 38 inch toyo open countrys and 8 inchs of lift. and the 07 Front end conversion.
rare991 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2013, 01:39 PM   #18
Steve Dallas
Commits weekly crime
 
Steve Dallas's Avatar
 
Drives: 2017 Camaro 1LT
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Camano Island, WA
Posts: 9,176
Quote:
Originally Posted by rare991 View Post
the price was good. it has brand new 38 inch toyo open countrys and 8 inchs of lift. and the 07 Front end conversion.
I think the point many are making is that the truck had a huge number of miles on it. You're talking about cosmetic improvements here, not imrovements to the components that really matter. The transmission is having issues because it's a risk you take when you buy a high mileage vehicle.
__________________
2017 Camaro 1LT
I fire up the willing engine, responding with a roar. Tires spitting gravel I commit my weekly crime.
Steve Dallas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2013, 01:45 PM   #19
motorhead


 
motorhead's Avatar
 
Drives: Stormtrooper
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Bartertown
Posts: 10,392
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Dallas View Post
I think the point many are making is that the truck had a huge number of miles on it. You're talking about cosmetic improvements here, not imrovements to the components that really matter. The transmission is having issues because it's a risk you take when you buy a high mileage vehicle.
Sort of what I was thinking and didn't say. Take a high mileage truck and put even more load on the drivetrain by installing 38" tires and 8" lift which increases pinion angles which cause more stress and hope that it stays together.
motorhead is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2013, 02:03 PM   #20
rare991

 
rare991's Avatar
 
Drives: 2014 SS 1LE
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Newport News VA
Posts: 896
well its fixed now. worst case... I sell it and move on. Im not bitching about the truck by any means.... I was complaining about the situation as a whole. but Im keeping a positive attitude..... least Im trying too haha
rare991 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:56 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.