Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

B&M
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V6 LLT Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Camaro V6 LLT Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust

Old 03-17-2013, 09:59 PM   #601
Decepticon21

Drives: 2010 Camaro v6
Im not going to bash neither company! My own two cents is as follows. I have a trifecta tune on my 2010 camaro LT. I am pleased with it an am looking forward to interacting with trifecta again soon as I get my exhaust work under way. I will say I can tell a difference in shifting and butt dyno. I have no experience with IPF's tuning simply because the price I recieved on my Trifecta was unpassable. If done over Id do trifecta again. My only con to Trifecta is that I bought the cable and etc to tune my vehicle and was never sent a tune to save and load to my computer. I have to go back to BNR site to email them and ask for the tune to be emailed to me. It didnt take long to receieve my tune via email. Also to mention i believe i held onto my trifecta cable a good month before I even bothered to install the tune on my vehicle so the wait was no big deal. Still on the other hand as stated online I was to recieve a tune through email.... I did not.. That is my only issue. Other then that all and all I am pleased. I think this IPF and Trifecta V.s. each other in my own personal opinion has been blown way out of line... This has been drug on way to long. In beginning i was very curious as to which was better. Now I could care less. Its old news in my book. Again please understand this is my own 2 cents here. Please dont consider this as a bashing.
Decepticon21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2013, 01:18 PM   #602
markgws6

Drives: 2013 Camaro 1SS/1LE
Okay, I was pleased with the IPF tune and still am (performance wise). However, IPF's response time has gotten ALOT worse recently and now I cannot get them to respond when I need it. So...I'm not a happy camper at the moment. I need the tuner update to tune out the CEL I keep getting and I am having to rent the tuner module again for the update when they should have taken care of it in the first place when I told them what was going on (before I first tuned the car). This has been going on for more than 4 months...

Performance: CAI intake, Apex cold air scoop and washer bottle, ZR1 diff fluid, Castrol SRF brake fluid, Russell steel brake lines, skip-shift override, SRP Racing Pedals, No trunk or hood insulation, No Spare tire inflator (at the track), NPP fuse pull, octane fuse reset
markgws6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2013, 01:30 PM   #603
KMPrenger

Drives: '10 ABM LT/RS, 06 Chevy Colorado
Quote:
Originally Posted by markgws6 View Post
Okay, I was pleased with the IPF tune and still am (performance wise). However, IPF's response time has gotten ALOT worse recently and now I cannot get them to respond when I need it. So...I'm not a happy camper at the moment. I need the tuner update to tune out the CEL I keep getting and I am having to rent the tuner module again for the update when they should have taken care of it in the first place when I told them what was going on (before I first tuned the car). This has been going on for more than 4 months...
Yep that is un-acceptable. Customer service and attention needs to be #1 always. Seems like I have read in the past that IPF didn't seem to have enough tuning modules to go around but that might not be true as well. Have you contacted Jesse, Arno, and there is another IPF tuner user here named Tobi or something like that (not quite sure). I'd contact all of them, but definitely call the company instead of relying on email. Have you called and talked to someone? Just curious?

Anyways, I posted this in a different thread, but may as well post it here:

Well guys I've been back on the stock tune from Trifecta for about a week now and have driven the car 75 - 100 miles or so. Car runs great! Fuel trims look good. Gas mileage is about the same as far as I can tell.

Some of you may recall me complaining about my car feeling sluggish lately. I don't know what caused it, and I'm not blaming Trifecta here since I obviously can't prove it was the tune. Fuel trims looked fine while on the tune as well, and I did a datalog a month or two ago and Vince told me everything looked fine...no change needed.

But I can't deny that my car now seems to be running better again, pulling with more authority and feeling strong, like it was earlier (which during that time I was also using the Trifecta tune). The only thing I can say with 100% certainty is that my car runs just as good now on the stock tune as it ever did with the modified tune.

Still need to revert back to the stock TCM tune as the Trifecta program failed on me after it finished uploading the stock tune and before it started to load the TCM. I do know the stock tune took though, as it will no longer let me rev past 4,000 rpm in park.

Will likely have my Trifecta cable up for a decent price soon if anyone wants it.
IPF Tune, Custom Magnaflow Exhaust, Vararam intake, MACE Ported Manifold, RX Ported TB, "Black Ice" manifold insulator, Elite Catch Can, ZL1 repro wheels, ZL1 Springs, DRL Harness, Front GM GFX, Heritage grill, Street Scene lower grill, NLP Spoiler, ZL1 rockers and much more!
KMPrenger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2013, 01:39 PM   #604
kjkjr27
COTW 9/16/13

Drives: 2011 2LT/RS Camaro IOM
Km so are you saying the trifecta tune is kinda a waste?
Old 05-24-2013, 01:50 PM   #605
KMPrenger

Quote:
Originally Posted by kjkjr27 View Post
I would rather avoid sounding like I'm bashing Trifecta's tune, so know that I'm not doing that. That is not my purpose.

There are benefits....say you want the firmer shifts, or you have LT headers, or you want the ghost cam or things like that.

But in my case, with my mods, I don't see a reason to keep running the tune.
IPF Tune, Custom Magnaflow Exhaust, Vararam intake, MACE Ported Manifold, RX Ported TB, "Black Ice" manifold insulator, Elite Catch Can, ZL1 repro wheels, ZL1 Springs, DRL Harness, Front GM GFX, Heritage grill, Street Scene lower grill, NLP Spoiler, ZL1 rockers and much more!
Old 05-24-2013, 03:11 PM   #606
markgws6

Drives: 2013 Camaro 1SS/1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by KMPrenger View Post
Yep that is un-acceptable. Customer service and attention needs to be #1 always. Seems like I have read in the past that IPF didn't seem to have enough tuning modules to go around but that might not be true as well. Have you contacted Jesse, Arno, and there is another IPF tuner user here named Tobi or something like that (not quite sure). I'd contact all of them, but definitely call the company instead of relying on email. Have you called and talked to someone? Just curious?
I contacted Jesse and Arno and they did get back to me initially but then Jesse was trying to get things going and I never heard back after that. I don't like to bash people publicly but I feel like I'm not getting the service I deserve after paying that much for a tune and paying for renting the module too. Yeah I will try giving them a call later.

Performance: CAI intake, Apex cold air scoop and washer bottle, ZR1 diff fluid, Castrol SRF brake fluid, Russell steel brake lines, skip-shift override, SRP Racing Pedals, No trunk or hood insulation, No Spare tire inflator (at the track), NPP fuse pull, octane fuse reset
markgws6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2013, 04:55 PM   #607
Lil' Nasty
Emerald Coast Camaros

Drives: Supercharged V6
I must've missed it back pages ago...so when you data log...where exactly is the software on the Wot-tuning site so you can read the logs?
Old 05-24-2013, 05:01 PM   #608
KMPrenger

Quote:
Originally Posted by markgws6 View Post
I contacted Jesse and Arno and they did get back to me initially but then Jesse was trying to get things going and I never heard back after that. I don't like to bash people publicly but I feel like I'm not getting the service I deserve after paying that much for a tune and paying for renting the module too. Yeah I will try giving them a call later.
Best of luck to you. I would venture to say if you called them up and said something to the affect of "contacted your reps several times and have been waiting 4 months......." that should get their attention big time.

Of course no need to raise hell with the likely innocent person on the phone. If they still refresh or just plain don't help, then its time to raise hell.
Old 05-24-2013, 05:28 PM   #609
solteroblues

Drives: 2011 Camaro LS IBM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kjkjr27 View Post
I was a little comprehensive about it, and was planning on going with the hypertech because of some of the reviews I saw about all it adding was the shift firmness, I could get the hypertech for that for less money.

But...

I just installed the Trifecta tune, and I can definitely say I can feel a big difference. I feel more of a difference after the tune than I did when I installed my Vararam or my intake spacer. It definitely woke my car up. Maybe my car was a dog before, or didn't ever adapt to the other mods, but the Trifecta definitely made a difference.

The shift firmness is worth the price of admission for me, but the added power is very noticeable. My tires spin forever before they hook up, whereas before (as in yesterday) they'd spin for a 5-10 feet. Now the back end kicks out and I slide all over the place for a while.
solteroblues is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2013, 05:36 PM   #610
KMPrenger

Quote:
Originally Posted by solteroblues View Post
I was a little comprehensive about it, and was planning on going with the hypertech because of some of the reviews I saw about all it adding was the shift firmness, I could get the hypertech for that for less money.

But...

I just installed the Trifecta tune, and I can definitely say I can feel a big difference. I feel more of a difference after the tune than I did when I installed my Vararam or my intake spacer. It definitely woke my car up. Maybe my car was a dog before, or didn't ever adapt to the other mods, but the Trifecta definitely made a difference.

The shift firmness is worth the price of admission for me, but the added power is very noticeable. My tires spin forever before they hook up, whereas before (as in yesterday) they'd spin for a 5-10 feet. Now the back end kicks out and I slide all over the place for a while.
Glad to see your enjoying the tune!

As for me, the Vararam was definitely the biggest increased I noticed on my car.
Old 05-24-2013, 06:03 PM   #611
solteroblues

Drives: 2011 Camaro LS IBM
I was expecting the Vararam to make a difference, but it really didn't, not at least in normal driving. I'm sure it makes a bigger difference at higher speeds, though. I'm guessing the tune really just pulled it all together.
solteroblues is offline   Reply With Quote