Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

River City Camaro Customs
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions General 5th generation Camaro topics not covered by other subforums.

Old 05-25-2013, 02:47 AM   #51
rx-hawk

Drives: 2SS M6
I can't stand the Transformers movies, I bought my Camaro despite its appearance in that crappy movie.

2011 Black 2SS/RS - Kooks headers, GM Performance Exhaust
rx-hawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2013, 07:47 AM   #52
queenz700xx

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS LS3 IOM
im not going to lie.. from the split second that I saw bumblebee appear for the first scene in the tunnel it was drilled in my head that i was getting one!
queenz700xx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2013, 08:53 AM   #53

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS LS3
Quote:
Originally Posted by OHIOSS View Post
What a great decision GM made to put the car in a movie! I wouldn't have thought many people would have bought the car because of the movie, but then again what a great way to show the masses the car.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Q'smuscle View Post
one movie vs millions of mustang commercials. You would think commercials would've sold more. No wonder the mustang Guy is complaining he's
Even though I thought the Transformers movie was kind of hokey (never saw it, just some clips, etc.), car models do become popular from movies..

And if anything, Chevy got the idea from Mustang....Look what movies like "Bullit" with Steve McQueen and the Mustang from "Gone in Sixty Seconds" have done for those car's sales and popularity....It's nothing new, just sayin'...

Ford truck sales even went up after the movie "Mr. Majestyk" with Charles Bronson...lol
90503 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2013, 09:21 AM   #54
Pagliaro
RIP Betsy ( Vitara )

Drives: '11 SGM 1LT/RS '05 Ford Escape XLT
Send a message via AIM to Pagliaro Send a message via MSN to Pagliaro Send a message via Yahoo to Pagliaro
Always thought the design was killer but it wasn't until SGM was released that I absolutely had to have one. Therefore Transformers was not the influence though I did first see it in the film.

When I was first looking for a vehicle I was looking at 3rd gens.

I love all the odd number generations 1,3,5 but the evens don't wow me as much. I'm actually hoping that follows suit with 6th gen considering I just got my 5th gen 2 months ago.

OLDSCHOOL RS
VS 2011 NEWSCHOOL
RS

Pagliaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2013, 11:42 AM   #55
Q'smuscle
life with muscle

Drives: 2011 Camaro VR 2SS/RS & Impala
Quote:
Originally Posted by 90503 View Post
Even though I thought the Transformers movie was kind of hokey (never saw it, just some clips, etc.), car models do become popular from movies..

And if anything, Chevy got the idea from Mustang....Look what movies like "Bullit" with Steve McQueen and the Mustang from "Gone in Sixty Seconds" have done for those car's sales and popularity....It's nothing new, just sayin'...

Ford truck sales even went up after the movie "Mr. Majestyk" with Charles Bronson...lol
Currently, mustangs has been in a few movies like that stupid war car movie even was in the transformer movie. Nobody saying mustang sells wouldn't be what they are if it wasn't for the movies they were in. Poeple love to hate something that's great .
Old 05-25-2013, 12:11 PM   #56
SSGUNNER
Chu no guat a hasa is?

Drives: 14 Jeep G Cherokee Overland HEMI
Quote:
Originally Posted by pmandeep View Post
I was obsessed about getting this car from the time I had first seen its concept prototype back in 2007/08 at NAIAS. I knew I would eventually end up getting it in the future after it had been launched. But now since it was in the Transformer Series I have seen Camaro being referred to as Bumblebee an awful lot more than Camaro itself.
Yep. The movie was just a bonus for me.
11 2SS/RSL99No Longer Stock (Sold) 6/19/14:AAC Plasma DRL's | Plug n play harness | Elite CC | Tint: 35% & 5% | LED Dome light | Show-N-Go Plate Holder | Flowmaster AT | C.A.I. Intake | VMAX CNC Spiral Ported TB | Husky Splash Guards
SSGUNNER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2013, 01:11 PM   #57
SGOS252382

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
What's funny is the Camaro in the first movie was really a GTO with a Camaro concept shell over it. All the GTO guys could recognize the interior of the car everytime they showed the inside.